Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One for Tummer... 00:53 - Sep 6 with 4390 viewsDJack

We disagree massively on politics and my view is that your information is tainted, so here may be an update for you to digest...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/09/05/trump-admits-l

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

One for Tummer... on 05:28 - Sep 6 with 1772 viewsAnotherJohn

There are so many "left field" events in current US politics that it is really difficult to predict how the election will turn out. What for instance will be the impact of Hunter Biden owning up to tax evasion to the tune of 1.4 million USD?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cr5n926n6n0o
One for Tummer... on 05:42 - Sep 6 with 1768 viewsPawelAbbott

If he admits that he lost, and yet was willing to host a fund raiser for "the heroes" of January 6th I.e. those that attacked the Capitol. Then the assumption has to be that he accepts that he did attempt to overthrow democracy in the US and still supports what he did.
In a recent interview he has said that he had every right to interfere with the election. Not on the basis that he was President but simply because he lost
One for Tummer... on 08:22 - Sep 6 with 1717 viewsSullutaCreturned

He's losing far right support too then. They don't like his new "softer" approach. Well sorry guys but he's just another devious politician telling whatever lies he needs to tell to win an election. They all do it.

You can often tell an honest politician, they'll win their seat and do a reasonably good job but never progress above what in the UK we call the back benches. Thye'll never be a front bencher, a minster or leader of their party because being honest means they will never be 100% loyal to the party, they may be prone to actually putting their constituents and the country first and no Prime Minister/President wants that.
One for Tummer... on 10:54 - Sep 6 with 1650 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

One for Tummer... on 05:28 - Sep 6 by AnotherJohn

There are so many "left field" events in current US politics that it is really difficult to predict how the election will turn out. What for instance will be the impact of Hunter Biden owning up to tax evasion to the tune of 1.4 million USD?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cr5n926n6n0o

The debates will be an eye opener too. Harris is notoriously poor when she doesn’t have her notes/teleprompter which is why her team have been trying to get the rules of the debate changed. It could be a bigger car crash than the Biden one.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

One for Tummer... on 18:46 - Sep 6 with 1545 viewsDJack

One for Tummer... on 10:54 - Sep 6 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The debates will be an eye opener too. Harris is notoriously poor when she doesn’t have her notes/teleprompter which is why her team have been trying to get the rules of the debate changed. It could be a bigger car crash than the Biden one.

Perhaps she should take a leaf out of Trumps book...bloviate and lie constantly with plenty of nonsensical rambling to top it off.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

One for Tummer... on 19:41 - Sep 6 with 1495 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

One for Tummer... on 18:46 - Sep 6 by DJack

Perhaps she should take a leaf out of Trumps book...bloviate and lie constantly with plenty of nonsensical rambling to top it off.

That’s her default setting!

One for Tummer... on 21:10 - Sep 6 with 1446 viewsGwyn737

One for Tummer... on 10:54 - Sep 6 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I think she’ll surprise a few.

I may be being naive, but I can’t square how someone with her legal career can be undone by Trump in a debate.
One for Tummer... on 21:45 - Sep 6 with 1427 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

One for Tummer... on 21:10 - Sep 6 by Gwyn737

I may be being naive, but I can’t square how someone with her legal career can be undone by Trump in a debate.

Maybe. It’s a different skill set though. If you’re prosecuting you are always in control. You ask all the questions, the defendant cannot challenge you. You have a big file of notes and can take time to deliberate and consider your next move. Everything is highly structured.

Starmer is in the same boat. He’s a top lawyer too. His head is always down in his notes when he speaks. He doesn’t put himself in any situation where he can’t have his notes in front of him. Without them he’s lost.

Login to get fewer ads

One for Tummer... on 00:44 - Sep 7 with 1348 viewsKeithHaynes

One for Tummer... on 21:10 - Sep 6 by Gwyn737

Because she has a history of lying would be a start.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

One for Tummer... on 06:23 - Sep 7 with 1316 viewsGwyn737

One for Tummer... on 00:44 - Sep 7 by KeithHaynes

Because she has a history of lying would be a start.

Do you think Trump can laser in on that? I’m not so sure anymore.
One for Tummer... on 09:57 - Sep 7 with 1247 viewsDaPs166

I think Kamala’s team was hoping for an open mic so she can get in cheap lines such as “I’m speaking”.

Trump said he will just let her speak. When she says her positions haven’t changed, he can easily point out that her positions are ridiculous. Such as defunding the police, illegal border crossings to be de criminalised, in favour of banning fracking etc. Kamala says one thing, does another. Where as at least with Trump you know what you’re getting. They both have records in office to compare, too.

It’s Kamala’s first real test since 2019, when she pulled out of the presidential primaries before any vote had been cast(she gave up because she was awful). It’s also her first time even meeting Trump. Due to the two above points she will be much more nervous than him. It’ll be very interesting to see what happens.
One for Tummer... on 10:08 - Sep 7 with 1237 viewstheloneranger

A big kick in the balls for Trump - Life long Republican Dick Cheyney says he's voting for Harris!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

One for Tummer... on 12:22 - Sep 7 with 1193 viewsDaPs166

One for Tummer... on 10:08 - Sep 7 by theloneranger

A big kick in the balls for Trump - Life long Republican Dick Cheyney says he's voting for Harris!!

The well known democracy lover Cheney saying Trump is a threat to democracy. Hilarious projection.
One for Tummer... on 14:34 - Sep 7 with 1142 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

One for Tummer... on 09:57 - Sep 7 by DaPs166

I think Kamala’s team was hoping for an open mic so she can get in cheap lines such as “I’m speaking”.

Trump said he will just let her speak. When she says her positions haven’t changed, he can easily point out that her positions are ridiculous. Such as defunding the police, illegal border crossings to be de criminalised, in favour of banning fracking etc. Kamala says one thing, does another. Where as at least with Trump you know what you’re getting. They both have records in office to compare, too.

It’s Kamala’s first real test since 2019, when she pulled out of the presidential primaries before any vote had been cast(she gave up because she was awful). It’s also her first time even meeting Trump. Due to the two above points she will be much more nervous than him. It’ll be very interesting to see what happens.

Interesting she’s only done one interview/press conference since taking over the race and that was an overly friendly CNN chat where she still managed to struggle.

She’ll probably win the election comfortably because of the “anyone but Trump” vote and she has the weight of the media and all the power brokers behind her. But that doesn’t make her in any way a good or competent candidate. In fact she’s probably the worst the democrats have ever offered.

One for Tummer... on 15:08 - Sep 7 with 1126 viewsGwyn737

One for Tummer... on 14:34 - Sep 7 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Interesting she’s only done one interview/press conference since taking over the race and that was an overly friendly CNN chat where she still managed to struggle.

She’ll probably win the election comfortably because of the “anyone but Trump” vote and she has the weight of the media and all the power brokers behind her. But that doesn’t make her in any way a good or competent candidate. In fact she’s probably the worst the democrats have ever offered.

I’m not sure she has all that much media power behind her.

Younger voters don’t get their news from traditional sources and are far more likely to be influenced by social media.

Have you seen what Elon Musk has done to twitter? All the tech bros seem to be coming out on Trumps side.

I’m not championing Harris - I don’t know enough about her. I’ll wait for the debates first.
One for Tummer... on 15:21 - Sep 7 with 1122 viewsDJack

One for Tummer... on 19:41 - Sep 6 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

That’s her default setting!

Arrant nonsense.

One for Tummer... on 15:27 - Sep 7 with 1109 viewsDJack

The same posters on a Trump thread pivot it to Harris with claims of her inability...whilst completely ignoring Trump.🤪

One for Tummer... on 15:27 - Sep 7 with 1109 viewsDaPs166

One for Tummer... on 15:21 - Sep 7 by DJack

Arrant nonsense.

Really!?

It’s her default setting because she’s laid on her back for 40 years to get a leg up(pun intended).
One for Tummer... on 15:40 - Sep 7 with 1105 viewsDJack

One for Tummer... on 15:27 - Sep 7 by DaPs166

Really!?

It’s her default setting because she’s laid on her back for 40 years to get a leg up(pun intended).

Ah, so you are a mysoginist as well as poorly informed.

Good to know.

One for Tummer... on 16:20 - Sep 7 with 1080 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

One for Tummer... on 15:21 - Sep 7 by DJack

Arrant nonsense.

You honestly think if they’d had the usual nomination process she would be anywhere near the candidacy? Keep in mind she dropped out before a single vote was cast last time because her campaign flopped so much.

One for Tummer... on 16:34 - Sep 7 with 1069 viewsDaPs166

One for Tummer... on 15:40 - Sep 7 by DJack

Ah, so you are a mysoginist as well as poorly informed.

Good to know.

In what way is it poorly informed to know that Kamala Harris speaks nonsense, pretending to be clever. That’s how some people get on in life. Also, it’s a FACT that she was shagging older men to get jobs. Namely the mayor of San Fransisco Willie Brown.

Nothing I’ve said is false, it’s objectively true. Good luck on your ad hominem attacks though. They’ll get you very far in life.
One for Tummer... on 16:39 - Sep 7 with 1061 viewsGwyn737

One for Tummer... on 16:20 - Sep 7 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

You honestly think if they’d had the usual nomination process she would be anywhere near the candidacy? Keep in mind she dropped out before a single vote was cast last time because her campaign flopped so much.

I think you’re right in ‘normal’ times.

But to beat Trump? Being a younger, black female means her stock rises dramatically, whether you think she’s any good or not.
One for Tummer... on 16:52 - Sep 7 with 1038 viewsDJack

One for Tummer... on 16:20 - Sep 7 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I agree with that she wouldn't. But as I started the post about Trump and his lies it is funny to see people pivot it to her. She has failings sure but nowhere near as many as Trump and that dangerous narcissist made it to the Presidency and after that some fools would vote for him again.

One for Tummer... on 17:58 - Sep 7 with 1006 viewsSullutaCreturned

One for Tummer... on 18:46 - Sep 6 by DJack

Talk a lot without saying anything is what politicians do. They answer questions that weren't asked but never answer the actul question, Harris is no different.

She apparently has a poor debating record whereas Trump loves the head 2 heads because he's full of bluster and braggadocio.
One for Tummer... on 20:59 - Sep 7 with 947 viewsDaPs166

One for Tummer... on 16:52 - Sep 7 by DJack

I agree with that she wouldn't. But as I started the post about Trump and his lies it is funny to see people pivot it to her. She has failings sure but nowhere near as many as Trump and that dangerous narcissist made it to the Presidency and after that some fools would vote for him again.

And you attack the person not the issue, then scuttle away when confronted.

The democrats play the same game as the republicans. Open your eyes. It’s regular political discourse in the states(not that it’s right, it isn’t).

They continually said al gore won the election in 2000 and it was stolen.

They are massive hypocrites and even if you hate Trump, it’s clear to see they are using the courts to de legitimise his presidential run.

Do as I say not as I do personified.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024