Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Changing British Social Attitudes 08:58 - Sep 3 with 4094 viewsAnotherJohn

In 2013 86 per cent of people said they were proud of Britain’s history, but this has now fallen to 64 per cent.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13806325/Pride-Britains-history-plummet

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/uknews/fewer-brits-have-pride-in-country-s-past-d

Is this a case of demography being destiny?
[Post edited 3 Sep 9:47]
Changing British Social Attitudes on 09:51 - Sep 6 with 968 viewscontroversial_jack

Changing British Social Attitudes on 09:02 - Sep 6 by Boundy

You must have missed the fact that Ukriane is at war , sometimes marital war is imposed or parts of a democracy reduced, all for the greater good.

The majority of the country is not at war. There''s no need for martial law. Not sure what banning churches will accomplish
Changing British Social Attitudes on 14:25 - Sep 6 with 900 viewsSullutaCreturned

Changing British Social Attitudes on 09:51 - Sep 6 by controversial_jack

The majority of the country is not at war. There''s no need for martial law. Not sure what banning churches will accomplish

If you were actually trying to post something to make yourself look stupid you couldn't have done a better job. When a country is at war, the whole country is at war not just the front line.
What you posted is so ridiculous even Monty Python would have turned it down.

He hasnt banned churches either, he has given the Ukrainian orthodoxy 9 months to cut ties with Russia and the Moscow Patriarchate or they will be closed down to remove any undue Russian influence in Ukraine.

Any comments about banning political parties and democracy today? Any response to Putin shutting down more political opponents than Zelensky?

What about the ballerina who was arrested and faces 15 years in prison for putting money in a charity box?

Anything to say that wouldn't be utterly ridiculous, anything new?
Changing British Social Attitudes on 15:55 - Sep 6 with 843 viewscontroversial_jack

Changing British Social Attitudes on 14:25 - Sep 6 by SullutaCreturned

If you were actually trying to post something to make yourself look stupid you couldn't have done a better job. When a country is at war, the whole country is at war not just the front line.

He hasnt banned churches either, he has given the Ukrainian orthodoxy 9 months to cut ties with Russia and the Moscow Patriarchate or they will be closed down to remove any undue Russian influence in Ukraine.

Any comments about banning political parties and democracy today? Any response to Putin shutting down more political opponents than Zelensky?

What about the ballerina who was arrested and faces 15 years in prison for putting money in a charity box?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/20/ukrainian-parliament-votes-to-ban-

They have now based themselves in Turkiyr
Changing British Social Attitudes on 17:08 - Sep 6 with 813 viewsonehunglow

Changing British Social Attitudes on 14:25 - Sep 6 by SullutaCreturned

Ideally,Russia should be ostracised by every civilised nation on earth.
Sadly,we have no choice as God has seemed fit to give them resources we need

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Changing British Social Attitudes on 18:01 - Sep 6 with 794 viewsDJack

Changing British Social Attitudes on 09:51 - Sep 6 by controversial_jack

I've already previously covered that the Russian Church is a cover for the FSB. So it is not banning churches but a foreign intelligence operation.

Once again I must bring you back to your fallacious post on personal freedoms in foreign nations.

UKRAINE IS THREE AND A HALF TO 4 TIMES MORE FREE THAN RUSSIA.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Changing British Social Attitudes on 18:33 - Sep 6 with 788 viewsSullutaCreturned

Changing British Social Attitudes on 15:55 - Sep 6 by controversial_jack

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/20/ukrainian-parliament-votes-to-ban-

They have now based themselves in Turkiyr

And that's it? I'm surprised there isnt more, just a teensy weensy bit of pro Rus propaganda?

Never mind, I've had my laugh for the day.
Changing British Social Attitudes on 18:46 - Sep 7 with 737 viewscontroversial_jack

Changing British Social Attitudes on 18:33 - Sep 6 by SullutaCreturned

And that's it? I'm surprised there isnt more, just a teensy weensy bit of pro Rus propaganda?

Never mind, I've had my laugh for the day.

What else do you want? It shows they are banning the church
Changing British Social Attitudes on 19:27 - Sep 7 with 731 viewsSullutaCreturned

Changing British Social Attitudes on 18:46 - Sep 7 by controversial_jack

What else do you want? It shows they are banning the church

Nothing to say about all the people Russia has banned? Or those they murdered, locked up or forced into exile?
Login to get fewer ads

Changing British Social Attitudes on 22:10 - Sep 7 with 704 viewscontroversial_jack

Changing British Social Attitudes on 19:27 - Sep 7 by SullutaCreturned

Nothing to say about all the people Russia has banned? Or those they murdered, locked up or forced into exile?

This country doesn't exactly publicise the hundred million the empire killed in India, so what's your point?
Changing British Social Attitudes on 23:42 - Sep 7 with 670 viewsKeithHaynes

Changing British Social Attitudes on 22:10 - Sep 7 by controversial_jack

This country doesn't exactly publicise the hundred million the empire killed in India, so what's your point?

More than that by all accounts. The deaths in India were first seen as a way of total control by Adolf Hitler in 1924. He states so himself. The colonisation of the country, late nineteenth and early twentieth century India is often quoted as the start of fascism. Mainly due to the British being so successful at it Hitler genuinely believed they would support his proposed take over of Europe.

Interesting and true.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Changing British Social Attitudes on 14:01 - Sep 8 with 583 viewsSullutaCreturned

Changing British Social Attitudes on 22:10 - Sep 7 by controversial_jack

Oh, an an attempt at deflection and diversion eh. A tacit admittance of defeat.

Now India, a competely separate subject and one that may well have been debated by many people in the 77 years since India gained it's independence. By that I mean its hardly a current affair.

If you want to talk about historical affairs then start a thread.

As a starting point, colonialism was wrong, whcihever Empire at whichever point in history it was wrong. Colonialism was a human tragedy and just so you are aware, a lot more than 100 million died, the estimate is that 100 million died betweem 1880 and 1920 with a conservative estimate of another 50 million excess deaths.

If you're going to deflect, at least try to be close.
Changing British Social Attitudes on 14:05 - Sep 8 with 578 viewsonehunglow

Changing British Social Attitudes on 14:01 - Sep 8 by SullutaCreturned

Now India, a competely separate subject and one that may well have been debated by many people in the 77 years since India gained it's independence. By that I mean its hardly a current affair.

As a starting point, colonialism was wrong, whcihever Empire at whichever point in history it was wrong. Colonialism was a human tragedy and just so you are aware, a lot more than 100 million died, the estimate is that 100 million died betweem 1880 and 1920 with a conservative estimate of another 50 million excess deaths.

We gave them a British passport to come here and change our island out of all recognition
Pick the bones out of that
We’ve paid the ultimate price if colonialisation.
And India still retains many British institutions

Changing British Social Attitudes on 14:19 - Sep 8 with 565 viewsSullutaCreturned

Changing British Social Attitudes on 14:05 - Sep 8 by onehunglow

We gave them a British passport to come here and change our island out of all recognition
Pick the bones out of that
We’ve paid the ultimate price if colonialisation.
And India still retains many British institutions

And their trains run on time too
Changing British Social Attitudes on 14:21 - Sep 8 with 559 viewsonehunglow

Changing British Social Attitudes on 14:19 - Sep 8 by SullutaCreturned

And their trains run on time too

Every Indian doctor I have had respected what the British did .
India is a very complex society
[Post edited 8 Sep 14:22]

Changing British Social Attitudes on 18:06 - Sep 8 with 520 viewsSullutaCreturned

Changing British Social Attitudes on 14:21 - Sep 8 by onehunglow

Every Indian doctor I have had respected what the British did .
India is a very complex society
[Post edited 8 Sep 14:22]

After centuries of castes, of being treated like second class citizens in their own country and the still prevailing male dominated attitudes to women and rampant sexism in some parts of the country, no wonder it's complicated.
Changing British Social Attitudes on 22:52 - Sep 8 with 484 viewscontroversial_jack

Changing British Social Attitudes on 14:01 - Sep 8 by SullutaCreturned

If you read it proprly, that was just in India alone
Changing British Social Attitudes on 23:19 - Sep 8 with 467 viewsLuther27

Changing British Social Attitudes on 22:52 - Sep 8 by controversial_jack

History.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Changing British Social Attitudes on 18:39 - Sep 9 with 334 viewsSullutaCreturned

Changing British Social Attitudes on 22:52 - Sep 8 by controversial_jack

I was only talking about India, maybe you should have read it properly.

Still, we were talking about Ukraine so why did you bring India into it? Oh I know don't I. You're getting your ass kicked ahain so you try and change tack.

If you were a sailor you'd be Uncle Albert.
Changing British Social Attitudes on 12:26 - Sep 10 with 255 viewscontroversial_jack

Changing British Social Attitudes on 18:39 - Sep 9 by SullutaCreturned

I was only talking about India, maybe you should have read it properly.

Still, we were talking about Ukraine so why did you bring India into it? Oh I know don't I. You're getting your ass kicked ahain so you try and change tack.

If you were a sailor you'd be Uncle Albert.

If i was getting my arse kicked, i would have to be wrong, but my posts are factual and correct
Changing British Social Attitudes on 12:42 - Sep 10 with 224 viewsDJack

Changing British Social Attitudes on 12:26 - Sep 10 by controversial_jack

If i was getting my arse kicked, i would have to be wrong, but my posts are factual and correct

On the odd occasion that you get facts correct you get the context wrong and are therefore incorrect.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Changing British Social Attitudes on 12:56 - Sep 10 with 218 viewsDoubeDoube

Changing British Social Attitudes on 17:01 - Sep 3 by Flashberryjack

Celebrate being British these days and you'll probably be called a racist.

British? Welsh here mate - to most British is English. Welsh history should have been taught in schools. Not the Tudors etc. We are Wales and not England
[Post edited 10 Sep 12:59]
Changing British Social Attitudes on 13:06 - Sep 10 with 207 viewscontroversial_jack

Changing British Social Attitudes on 12:42 - Sep 10 by DJack

On the odd occasion that you get facts correct you get the context wrong and are therefore incorrect.

The big I told you so is coming closer
Changing British Social Attitudes on 13:23 - Sep 10 with 184 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Changing British Social Attitudes on 12:26 - Sep 10 by controversial_jack

Only factual correct in Russia. The rest of the free World recognise them for the properganda and lies they are.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Changing British Social Attitudes on 13:25 - Sep 10 with 182 viewsonehunglow

Changing British Social Attitudes on 12:56 - Sep 10 by DoubeDoube

British? Welsh here mate - to most British is English. Welsh history should have been taught in schools. Not the Tudors etc. We are Wales and not England
[Post edited 10 Sep 12:59]

Welsh is British
Wales is part of the United Kingdom,with a constitution that is of England .
The Act of Inion still rankles .
I can understand that

Changing British Social Attitudes on 13:32 - Sep 10 with 166 viewsDoubeDoube

Changing British Social Attitudes on 13:25 - Sep 10 by onehunglow

Welsh is British
Wales is part of the United Kingdom,with a constitution that is of England .
The Act of Inion still rankles .
I can understand that

No its not,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024