Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jerry Yates - Derby ... 13:44 - Sep 1 with 5851 viewstheloneranger

"Despite a lack of goals from Jerry Yates on the day, his spectacular passing and movement wowed the home supporters, and was a key reason behind the dominant victory."

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/derby-county-jerry-yates-performancehelping-ea

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 19:40 - Sep 4 with 981 viewsonehunglow

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 18:56 - Sep 4 by KeithHaynes

They are three games in, they need to settle down a bit.

Entitled they are.

One comments contemporarily.
Fans focus on the now and comment accordingly
We should learn from past mistakes however
Fans being labelled entitled is a new phenomenon and it’s pitiful
Fans should want the best no matter how illogical it seems
Withoutvdreams,football is meaningless
[Post edited 4 Sep 19:41]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 19:44 - Sep 4 with 967 viewsmax936

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 11:08 - Sep 4 by KeithHaynes

Yes, and very frustrating but when it works it’s a joy to see.

Unfortunately it isn’t seen that often and now is getting less and less.

A lot of todays coaches and driving the individuality out of talented players through stats and charts and the like, its often been said by others, it was tried in Rugby it didn't work in that game either, well maybe for a little time but it was never gonna last.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 19:53 - Sep 4 with 943 viewsKeithHaynes

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 19:44 - Sep 4 by max936

A lot of todays coaches and driving the individuality out of talented players through stats and charts and the like, its often been said by others, it was tried in Rugby it didn't work in that game either, well maybe for a little time but it was never gonna last.

As I’ve said elsewhere, I think as other more qualified than me we are seeing a robotic process of players playing within themselves to meet with the current coach’s demands. For me that’s coaching freewill and creativity out of the squad.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 14:01 - Sep 5 with 797 viewssons_of_omri

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 21:08 - Sep 3 by swancity

It’s fair to say that Spain revolutionised the way that stylish and successful football was implemented with their so called tiki-taka short intricate passing patterns utilising players with a low centre of gravity who were all very comfortable on the ball. Many regarded their team of 2008/2012 as the best ever football team and winning the World Cup supported that. Praise indeed.

So you can see why coaches in this country have tried to copy that style. Martinez cleverly brought a version of it to Swansea over night with success even in league one.

But there has become a bit of an obsession with some managers and coaches. You need to have the right type of player and one who wants to play that way. Spain did not take unnecessary risks in defensive areas whilst they did prefer to play out from the back. That football intelligence and decision making of the highest quality can separate the very top player from those who have the ability but not mental strength.

The basics of football are simple. It’s not rocket science and Jobs is quite right with his assessment. We do not have the players, not enough of them to be too intricate. Cabango for example is a very useful championship defender but he’s not good enough on the ball. Joe Rodon of Leeds now is.

I thought that Russell Martin tweaked a couple of things with his methods which paid dividends for Swansea and then at Southampton . Presently I don’t see that we have the players to implement an intricate short passing possession based game but time will tell. Luke knows what he wants but this is not the Swansea City club we all used to love …..

It’s a difficult time for the Club. Balancing the books whilst we try to play a certain way but without enough of the type of player required.

On Yates, I’m not sure he’s a Championship player. Some of the comments on this thread are disgraceful as he’s certainly got ability and some quality but he’s not prolific and never has been. That’s not going to change.

Paid dividends for Swansea? By losing 17 out of 21 games and missing out on the playoffs as a result. Cooper did much better and his football, although more defensive still got us to 2 plays offs in succession.

Martin scraped promotion with a ridiculously strong Southampton squad which a better manager would have achieved automatic promotion with at the very least.
Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 15:49 - Sep 5 with 736 viewsKeithHaynes

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 14:01 - Sep 5 by sons_of_omri

Paid dividends for Swansea? By losing 17 out of 21 games and missing out on the playoffs as a result. Cooper did much better and his football, although more defensive still got us to 2 plays offs in succession.

Martin scraped promotion with a ridiculously strong Southampton squad which a better manager would have achieved automatic promotion with at the very least.

Nothing like scraping promotion to the premier league !

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 16:00 - Sep 5 with 718 viewsWhiterockin

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 15:49 - Sep 5 by KeithHaynes

Nothing like scraping promotion to the premier league !

I wonder who you are talking about.
Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 18:16 - Sep 5 with 659 viewsKeithHaynes

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 16:00 - Sep 5 by Whiterockin

I wonder who you are talking about.

Hopefully Jerry Yates will pop up again on the thread 🙄

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 19:38 - Sep 5 with 620 viewsswancity

Losing 17 out of 21 ?

That’s simply not true is it. We lost 16 all season and finished in a respectable 10th.

The Saints squad had lost a lot of their key players after relegation from the Premier League. Martin helped them recruit good quality replacements and they did well to get promoted including an unbeaten run of around 20 games. He’s done well so far in management but he’s got a big job on his hands this season. I hope he is given the time to get it right….

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Login to get fewer ads

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 20:38 - Sep 5 with 585 viewsDr_Winston

I don't think we lost 17 out of 21, but winning four out of 21 sounds more like it.

And yes, Russy had a very strong squad and budget to work with in comparison to basically every other team in the division and still only just about achieved the bare minimum.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 20:50 - Sep 5 with 571 viewsWhiterockin

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 20:38 - Sep 5 by Dr_Winston

I don't think we lost 17 out of 21, but winning four out of 21 sounds more like it.

And yes, Russy had a very strong squad and budget to work with in comparison to basically every other team in the division and still only just about achieved the bare minimum.

Winning the play offs is always the best way to go up.
Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 06:00 - Sep 6 with 487 viewssons_of_omri

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 20:47 - Sep 3 by Flashberryjack

I would have liked to see a lot more of Mykola Kuharevich, from what I've seen, he's a better option than Vipotnik.

Yeah, do you keep saying. After three games. Knee jerk?
Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 08:18 - Sep 6 with 451 viewsonehunglow

Why would anyone “ hope” for a previous manager

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 07:54 - Sep 7 with 354 viewssons_of_omri

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 19:53 - Sep 4 by KeithHaynes

As I’ve said elsewhere, I think as other more qualified than me we are seeing a robotic process of players playing within themselves to meet with the current coach’s demands. For me that’s coaching freewill and creativity out of the squad.

This is why watching women’s football these days is far more enjoyable. They play far more off the cuff and attack at will with no little skill I might add. It’s almost like watching football in the 70’s and 80’s when such formulaic nonsense as we have today was unheard of.
Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 08:40 - Sep 7 with 325 viewsonehunglow

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 07:54 - Sep 7 by sons_of_omri

This is why watching women’s football these days is far more enjoyable. They play far more off the cuff and attack at will with no little skill I might add. It’s almost like watching football in the 70’s and 80’s when such formulaic nonsense as we have today was unheard of.

It’s a fair point you make.
Listening to the pundits often make my ears bleed.
As for coaches ,most spout inane drivel meant to impress the thick.
Williams spouts it as good as anyone
Football is not as technically or tactically difficult as most games,like cricket ,a very complex game at heart .Rugby also a world away .

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 09:01 - Sep 7 with 317 viewsDr_Winston

Jerry Yates - Derby ... on 08:40 - Sep 7 by onehunglow

It’s a fair point you make.
Listening to the pundits often make my ears bleed.
As for coaches ,most spout inane drivel meant to impress the thick.
Williams spouts it as good as anyone
Football is not as technically or tactically difficult as most games,like cricket ,a very complex game at heart .Rugby also a world away .

Are you seriously suggesting that Rugby is more technically difficult than football? 😂

Christ, even the Rugby fans I know are bored by the game these days, thinking that it's mostly just roided up meatheads running into each other for 50 minutes until they're all knackered and then being replaced by other roided up meatheads.

Just like American Football, the actual skill levels required in most positions are very low with physical attributes playing a much more significant role.
[Post edited 7 Sep 11:44]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024