Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lucy Letby Inquiry 13:56 - Aug 29 with 3671 viewsonehunglow

Barristers eh
More game time
Worried conviction might “ not be safe”
This bit h is on a par with Rose West

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 18:17 - Aug 29 with 1331 viewsunion_jack

I’m not offering this up with any judgment of my own but it’s a good read.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c39k44n8j1mo

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 20:00 - Aug 29 with 1303 viewsonehunglow

Lets out it this way
Six expert medical experts versus her legal team
More pain for the parents of murdered babies
It never ends
Legal Kent’s again making money

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 20:33 - Aug 29 with 1296 viewsGwyn737

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 18:17 - Aug 29 by union_jack

I’m not offering this up with any judgment of my own but it’s a good read.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c39k44n8j1mo

I’ll add that these articles are also excellent.

[Post edited 29 Aug 20:44]
Lucy Letby Inquiry on 20:44 - Aug 29 with 1246 viewsDr_Winston

There's an awful lot of people who are going to look very, very stupid indeed if she's eventually exonerated.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 20:47 - Aug 29 with 1260 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 20:00 - Aug 29 by onehunglow

Lets out it this way
It never ends

The only defence expert they put up was a plumber who suggested there was a drainage issue on the ward for a brief period. Of course a clogged pipe can’t be held responsible for a bag of insulin being removed from a fridge and fed into an IV feeding bag, nor can a bit of dirty water cause the sorts of injuries usually expected from a high speed car crash.

Lucy letby herself agreed on the stand there was definitely a murderer on the ward. If it wasn’t her who was it? And why did the attacks stop immediately the moment she was removed?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 20:52 - Aug 29 with 1238 viewsAnotherJohn

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 20:00 - Aug 29 by onehunglow

Lets out it this way
It never ends

At the moment I would not say that the conviction was unsound, but the reason this has come up again is that 24 other "experts" have signed a letter suggesting that there were problems with some of the technical evidence.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cvgdxq2l7kvo
Lucy Letby Inquiry on 20:55 - Aug 29 with 1231 viewsonehunglow

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 20:47 - Aug 29 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The only defence expert they put up was a plumber who suggested there was a drainage issue on the ward for a brief period. Of course a clogged pipe can’t be held responsible for a bag of insulin being removed from a fridge and fed into an IV feeding bag, nor can a bit of dirty water cause the sorts of injuries usually expected from a high speed car crash.

Lucy letby herself agreed on the stand there was definitely a murderer on the ward. If it wasn’t her who was it? And why did the attacks stop immediately the moment she was removed?

You’ve restored my faith
I feel sick that the families are again at the mercy of legal leeches who care not whether she is guilty or not. They admit as much .it is just a cash machine to them .

It is when a sibling of yours is butchered that folk wake up.
Then all …she might not have had a fair trial people see the light and feel the pain.

This bitch is pure evil and like most of her ilk manipulates .

Truly, she should have hung

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 20:58 - Aug 29 with 1203 viewsDr_Winston

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 20:52 - Aug 29 by AnotherJohn

At the moment I would not say that the conviction was unsound, but the reason this has come up again is that 24 other "experts" have signed a letter suggesting that there were problems with some of the technical evidence.

I don't think there's any doubt at this point that there were major problems with the initial trial. There are far too many, much more than in other high profile cases, independent experts claiming to that point.

Does this mean she's innocent? Maybe, maybe not. Personally I think a full retrial is in order just to make sure that there is no uncertainty either way. There have been too many other cases, both in the UK and abroad where innocents have been railroaded by a justice system looking for a culprit.

Thankfully the UK still possesses a system whereby people are entitled to a defence no matter how many morons would still arbitrarily string up someone they believe to be guilty despite knowing no more about the case than your average tabloid reader.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 21:00 - Aug 29 with 1223 viewsGwyn737

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 20:58 - Aug 29 by Dr_Winston

I don't think there's any doubt at this point that there were major problems with the initial trial. There are far too many, much more than in other high profile cases, independent experts claiming to that point.

Does this mean she's innocent? Maybe, maybe not. Personally I think a full retrial is in order just to make sure that there is no uncertainty either way. There have been too many other cases, both in the UK and abroad where innocents have been railroaded by a justice system looking for a culprit.

Thankfully the UK still possesses a system whereby people are entitled to a defence no matter how many morons would still arbitrarily string up someone they believe to be guilty despite knowing no more about the case than your average tabloid reader.

Hard agree.

There’s more to this story and it maybe nefarious, it may not be.

I’m not for one second saying she’s innocent but those parents deserve to know the whole truth.

This is an excellent example of why killing people is a bad idea.
Lucy Letby Inquiry on 21:13 - Aug 29 with 1187 viewsDr_Winston

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 21:00 - Aug 29 by Gwyn737

Hard agree.

There’s more to this story and it maybe nefarious, it may not be.

I’m not for one second saying she’s innocent but those parents deserve to know the whole truth.

This is an excellent example of why killing people is a bad idea.

I'm not against the death penalty in principle, but there are far too many people happy to deal out death with only the barest grasp of the facts.

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 21:32 - Aug 29 with 1189 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

It wasn’t just one conviction though. It was 15. And the police have stated there’s likely to be many more deaths and attacks that can probably be attributed to her there just wasn’t enough evidence to convict. She didn’t start attacking babies at Baby A. She was already a fearless and accomplished killer by that point. They are now painstakingly going through every child she was ever involved with. It’s called operation hummingbird.

They’ve definitely got the right person.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 03:53 - Aug 30 with 1113 viewsAnotherJohn

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 21:32 - Aug 29 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

It wasn’t just one conviction though. It was 15. And the police have stated there’s likely to be many more deaths and attacks that can probably be attributed to her there just wasn’t enough evidence to convict. She didn’t start attacking babies at Baby A. She was already a fearless and accomplished killer by that point. They are now painstakingly going through every child she was ever involved with. It’s called operation hummingbird.

They’ve definitely got the right person.

Those who are concerned will say there are the two issues of guilt and due process. They will argue that the justice system must be seen to have provided due process even in a case where everything seemed to point to guilt.
Lucy Letby Inquiry on 07:28 - Sep 4 with 910 viewsGwyn737

This is all starting to look more and more uncertain.

Again, I’m not saying she’s innocent but there’s an awful lot more that needs investigating.
Lucy Letby Inquiry on 07:30 - Sep 4 with 882 viewsDr_Winston

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 07:28 - Sep 4 by Gwyn737

Again, I’m not saying she’s innocent but there’s an awful lot more that needs investigating.

Been a couple of interesting pieces in The Guardian about it.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/article/2024/sep/03/i-am-evil-i-did-this-luc

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/article/2024/jul/09/lucy-letby-evidence-expe

As you say, may be guilty, may be not, but there are a helluva lot of questions and a helluva lot of smart people are asking them.

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 07:57 - Sep 4 with 883 viewsmajorraglan

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 07:30 - Sep 4 by Dr_Winston

Been a couple of interesting pieces in The Guardian about it.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/article/2024/sep/03/i-am-evil-i-did-this-luc

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/article/2024/jul/09/lucy-letby-evidence-expe

As you say, may be guilty, may be not, but there are a helluva lot of questions and a helluva lot of smart people are asking them.

David Davis MP is far from convinced she’s guilty and he’s taking the case forward, he’s going to be talking about the case in Parliament where he’ll have the protection afforded by parliamentary privilege. That could prove to be “explosive”
I feel really sorry for the families concerned, they’ve had to deal with the trauma and grief of losing a child, the ordeal of the investigation and trial and now this. Imagine if Letby is innocent, it’ll be a huge miscarriage of justice.
Lucy Letby Inquiry on 08:09 - Sep 4 with 846 viewsDr_Winston

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 07:57 - Sep 4 by majorraglan

David Davis MP is far from convinced she’s guilty and he’s taking the case forward, he’s going to be talking about the case in Parliament where he’ll have the protection afforded by parliamentary privilege. That could prove to be “explosive”
I feel really sorry for the families concerned, they’ve had to deal with the trauma and grief of losing a child, the ordeal of the investigation and trial and now this. Imagine if Letby is innocent, it’ll be a huge miscarriage of justice.

DD hasn't always attached himself to the right causes so perhaps a note of caution here, but a voice in Parliament may make a retrial or at least a serious re-examination of the case more likely.

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 08:55 - Sep 4 with 843 viewsonehunglow

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 07:28 - Sep 4 by Gwyn737

It’s more uncertain as she and her legal team are very clever
Meanwhile,all the medical evidence and doctors are wrong

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 09:06 - Sep 4 with 837 viewsAnotherJohn

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 08:55 - Sep 4 by onehunglow

It’s more uncertain as she and her legal team are very clever
Meanwhile,all the medical evidence and doctors are wrong

Paradoxically, a lot of the disquiet seems to be coming from rival experts rather than Letby's legal team. Many are saying the legal team did not put together a good defence case, especially regarding the failure to call their own expert witnesses. I am not sure either way at present, but other posters are right to say that various new issues have come up in recent weeks. The latest was that the handwritten notes used in the case may had been made at the suggestion of Letby's therapist and should not be interpreted in the way that the prosecution suggested.
Lucy Letby Inquiry on 09:07 - Sep 4 with 808 viewsDr_Winston

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 09:06 - Sep 4 by AnotherJohn

Paradoxically, a lot of the disquiet seems to be coming from rival experts rather than Letby's legal team. Many are saying the legal team did not put together a good defence case, especially regarding the failure to call their own expert witnesses. I am not sure either way at present, but other posters are right to say that various new issues have come up in recent weeks. The latest was that the handwritten notes used in the case may had been made at the suggestion of Letby's therapist and should not be interpreted in the way that the prosecution suggested.

You're wasting your time with him. His hatred for the legal due processes and doubtless dozens of barristers and legal experts who would undoubtedly have embarrassed him myriad times on the witness stand is ingrained by now.

Imagine him arguing his corner on here and then imagine what he was like giving evidence.
[Post edited 4 Sep 9:10]

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 09:12 - Sep 4 with 825 viewsonehunglow

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 09:07 - Sep 4 by Dr_Winston

You're wasting your time with him. His hatred for the legal due processes and doubtless dozens of barristers and legal experts who would undoubtedly have embarrassed him myriad times on the witness stand is ingrained by now.

Imagine him arguing his corner on here and then imagine what he was like giving evidence.
[Post edited 4 Sep 9:10]

Maybe not
Keep beating ,you’re doing ok .

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 09:16 - Sep 4 with 816 viewsonehunglow

With all due respect, what you and I or anyone else on here is not important .
What is fact is that this case wouod have gone through a plethora of hoops to even get to Couty.
It did
Case found privet
Appealed
Turned dawn
Now, we all seem to have doubts l
David Davies has no moral superiority over any be . Smug chap that he is

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 09:27 - Sep 4 with 796 viewsunion_jack

This is a very good documentary on the subject.

https://www.channel5.com/show/lucy-letby-did-she-really-do-it

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 09:30 - Sep 4 with 761 viewsDr_Winston

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 09:16 - Sep 4 by onehunglow

What is fact is that this case wouod have gone through a plethora of hoops to even get to Couty.
It did
Case found privet
Appealed
Turned dawn

Andrew Malkinson's case would have gone through all those hoops too. No doubt you'd have executed him given the choice.

Pipe down.

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 09:32 - Sep 4 with 773 viewsmajorraglan

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 09:16 - Sep 4 by onehunglow

It did
Case found privet
Appealed
Turned dawn

Over the years there have been plenty of cases that have negotiated the various hoops and hurdles, ended up in Crown Court whereby the accused was found guilty only to be exonerated further down the line. One of the most recent examples was Andrew Makinson who spent 17 years in prison for a crime he didn’t commit. That case went through an appeal process and 2 x CCR reviews before the conviction was overturned in light of new DNA evidence.

Mistakes happen. There are some really bad people out there and they need to be locked up for a long time, but there are also innocent people languishing in prison because the system got it wrong. We need to keep an open mind and test new information when it comes to light.

I wouldn’t disagree with your observations re Davis.
Lucy Letby Inquiry on 09:38 - Sep 4 with 762 viewsonehunglow

Lucy Letby Inquiry on 09:32 - Sep 4 by majorraglan

Over the years there have been plenty of cases that have negotiated the various hoops and hurdles, ended up in Crown Court whereby the accused was found guilty only to be exonerated further down the line. One of the most recent examples was Andrew Makinson who spent 17 years in prison for a crime he didn’t commit. That case went through an appeal process and 2 x CCR reviews before the conviction was overturned in light of new DNA evidence.

Mistakes happen. There are some really bad people out there and they need to be locked up for a long time, but there are also innocent people languishing in prison because the system got it wrong. We need to keep an open mind and test new information when it comes to light.

I wouldn’t disagree with your observations re Davis.

Decent reply.
I view matters from a different perspective
The greatest miscarriages are those when the guilty walk free .
This happens far more often .

To even present a file for perusal to CPS takes great attention to detail. It is not easy
Defence teams are at an advantage
It’s too great a topic to discuss here

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024