Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More good news for the City of Swansea 14:39 - Aug 20 with 3641 viewsWhiterockin

Any redevelopment and restructure of the Quadrant is bound to be an improvement. They have already rejuvenated other areas.

https://swanseabaynews.com/2024/08/19/swansea-based-retail-entrepreneurs-buy-qua

On a separate note, the new Kingsway development is looking fantastic.
More good news for the City of Swansea on 15:26 - Aug 20 with 2731 viewsBoundy

Good news ,anything which brings a positive slant on the city centre can only be a good thing. I hope this includes revamping the old Debenhams , unless another major retailer moves in I think it maybe more than a little difficult to have 100% occupancy if sub divided but here's hoping.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

More good news for the City of Swansea on 15:51 - Aug 20 with 2752 viewsjack247

To be fair, Parc Tawe looks a lot better now than when they took it over. If they can do something similar in the Quadrant, I’d be more than happy.
More good news for the City of Swansea on 16:17 - Aug 20 with 2722 viewsraynor94

I think the day of the department store is over, whether you can have someone like Primark on the ground floor, and smaller outlets on the first floor. Otherwise it's hard to see what you can do with it

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

More good news for the City of Swansea on 17:06 - Aug 20 with 2692 viewsonehunglow

Good stuff
Why don’t they sponsor the Swans

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

More good news for the City of Swansea on 17:22 - Aug 20 with 2671 viewsWhiterockin

More good news for the City of Swansea on 17:06 - Aug 20 by onehunglow

Good stuff

Because their company is well run and makes a profit and probably want nothing to do with a bunch of amateurs.
More good news for the City of Swansea on 17:49 - Aug 20 with 2623 viewsonehunglow

More good news for the City of Swansea on 17:22 - Aug 20 by Whiterockin

Because their company is well run and makes a profit and probably want nothing to do with a bunch of amateurs.

Ouch

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

More good news for the City of Swansea on 18:06 - Aug 20 with 2603 viewsWhiterockin

More good news for the City of Swansea on 17:49 - Aug 20 by onehunglow

Ouch

More good news for the City of Swansea on 18:58 - Aug 20 with 2547 views3swan

If this does become reality, what's the chance of it from Mumbles to the Swansea Bay Campus for starters?

Allowing for inflation, and of course whether it is a correct current figure?

"The track aims to show the new rail system can be built at a cost of around £10 million per km, at speed, and allowing most utilities to stay in place"

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/latest-coventry-very-light-
Login to get fewer ads

More good news for the City of Swansea on 19:10 - Aug 20 with 2528 viewsAnotherJohn

Going back to the Quadrant I agree the sale is good news. I just wonder what will happen to the former Debenhams space though. It won't be easy to re-let that as one unit.
More good news for the City of Swansea on 19:30 - Aug 20 with 2494 viewsSullutaCreturned

More good news for the City of Swansea on 16:17 - Aug 20 by raynor94

I think the day of the department store is over, whether you can have someone like Primark on the ground floor, and smaller outlets on the first floor. Otherwise it's hard to see what you can do with it

Maybe they can put ther kinds of business in there. Or maybe turn some of it over to sheltered accomodation for homeless people? Maybe a day centre?

Or here's an off the wall idea....in Cardiff and Liverpool they have inddor Karting and it's brilliant fun, maybe the Debenhams site is big enough to house that?

https://www.team-sport.co.uk/go-kart-tracks/liverpool
More good news for the City of Swansea on 21:01 - Aug 20 with 2399 viewsmajorraglan

More good news for the City of Swansea on 16:17 - Aug 20 by raynor94

Totally agree unless there’s a major change in how business rates are calculated. I was up in Bristol last week, M&S in the city centre has closed and the massive House of Fraser store in Cabot’s Circus was holding a closing down sale. Tbh the whole City Ctr looked as though it was in dire straits.

Businesses are struggling to compete with on line, I’d be inclined to look at ways of reducing builders rates to encourage regeneration, introduce an online tax and tax the companies who are based in tax havens (including the ROI) a tax on turnover or extra VAT.
More good news for the City of Swansea on 21:04 - Aug 20 with 2394 viewsWhiterockin

More good news for the City of Swansea on 19:10 - Aug 20 by AnotherJohn

Going back to the Quadrant I agree the sale is good news. I just wonder what will happen to the former Debenhams space though. It won't be easy to re-let that as one unit.

They will do what they have done in other retail areas. See what retailers want and what size unit, then provide the correct units for them filling the whole retail area. The only reason it has taken so long is the Quadrant was owned by a pension fund who had no interest in short term profit and redevelopment, the council's hands were tied. I believe the council put pressure to break the stalemate and should be applauded.
More good news for the City of Swansea on 22:44 - Aug 20 with 2233 viewsBoundy

More good news for the City of Swansea on 21:04 - Aug 20 by Whiterockin

They will do what they have done in other retail areas. See what retailers want and what size unit, then provide the correct units for them filling the whole retail area. The only reason it has taken so long is the Quadrant was owned by a pension fund who had no interest in short term profit and redevelopment, the council's hands were tied. I believe the council put pressure to break the stalemate and should be applauded.

Maybe ,just maybe them in Cardiff may reduce the business rates ,just a thought 🤔

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

More good news for the City of Swansea on 00:51 - Aug 21 with 2253 viewsRobbie

Do not live within the Swansea boundaries now , Swansea City Centre has always been a go to place , from The Albert Hall Cinema , Carlton pictures to the now new Swansea Arena .

David Evans , Marks and Sparks , C + A were the places to visit . Wrangler denim jacket with pop studs fasteners were a sign of all us kids going to Pritchards in Picton Arcade .

Appreciate many Councils are working with the tightest of budgets and spinning plates to get the best for their communities , good luck to honest hardworking Coucillors .

Under NPT Council for a good few years now so Neath is my go to main calling point .
Great work done on Aberavon Beach and the seafront look as it is now .

Whenever I visit Neath or Swansea for a necessary call , hate the experience , out ASAP .
That is down to my thoughts on some other issues blighting both places , not unique .

BBC Breakfast presenters waffling on about paying bills these days , all through phones .

I spilt my tea grabbed my cheque book and wrote out a backdated cheque to the Council for this months demand .
More good news for the City of Swansea on 13:33 - Aug 21 with 2016 viewsunion_jack

More good news for the City of Swansea on 17:06 - Aug 20 by onehunglow

Good stuff

Here’s the thing, the company is owned by Steve Quinn whose son is Jackson Quinn (AU Vodka) whose business partner is Charlie Morgan whose father is Martin Morgan, who is good friends with Steve Quinn.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

More good news for the City of Swansea on 14:49 - Aug 21 with 1999 viewsWhiterockin

More good news for the City of Swansea on 13:33 - Aug 21 by union_jack

Here’s the thing, the company is owned by Steve Quinn whose son is Jackson Quinn (AU Vodka) whose business partner is Charlie Morgan whose father is Martin Morgan, who is good friends with Steve Quinn.

I believe in partnership with Fred Whitcomb, who is involved in over 30 developments.
More good news for the City of Swansea on 15:49 - Aug 21 with 1892 viewsunion_jack

More good news for the City of Swansea on 14:49 - Aug 21 by Whiterockin

I believe in partnership with Fred Whitcomb, who is involved in over 30 developments.

Ok, not heard of him.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

More good news for the City of Swansea on 15:56 - Aug 21 with 1922 viewsWhiterockin

More good news for the City of Swansea on 15:49 - Aug 21 by union_jack

Ok, not heard of him.

A lot are only small developments like the Pines Country Club.
More good news for the City of Swansea on 20:02 - Aug 21 with 1831 viewsmajorraglan

More good news for the City of Swansea on 14:49 - Aug 21 by Whiterockin

If you search Centurion on the Companies House site, it provides details of the directors, you can the search on them individually and it will show all the companies they are directors of or have been directors of. Some of them have connections with lots of different companies including property and energy.

They appear to be quite successful, so let’s hope they can work with the City Vouncil and deliver some really tangible benefits for the City.
More good news for the City of Swansea on 20:18 - Aug 21 with 1818 viewsWhiterockin

More good news for the City of Swansea on 20:02 - Aug 21 by majorraglan

If you search Centurion on the Companies House site, it provides details of the directors, you can the search on them individually and it will show all the companies they are directors of or have been directors of. Some of them have connections with lots of different companies including property and energy.

They appear to be quite successful, so let’s hope they can work with the City Vouncil and deliver some really tangible benefits for the City.

They already have.
More good news for the City of Swansea on 09:47 - Aug 23 with 1433 viewsfelixstowe_jack

More good news for the City of Swansea on 17:22 - Aug 20 by Whiterockin

Apparently Swansea City are the second best run team in the championship and 10th best run team in the PL and EFL. Not bad for amateurs

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

More good news for the City of Swansea on 12:13 - Aug 23 with 1370 viewsWhiterockin

More good news for the City of Swansea on 09:47 - Aug 23 by felixstowe_jack

Apparently Swansea City are the second best run team in the championship and 10th best run team in the PL and EFL. Not bad for amateurs

Try looking at the criteria that decided the list.
More good news for the City of Swansea on 17:23 - Aug 23 with 1310 viewsfelixstowe_jack

More good news for the City of Swansea on 12:13 - Aug 23 by Whiterockin

Try looking at the criteria that decided the list.

I have the biggest one seems to running a club within it means without running up huge debts

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

More good news for the City of Swansea on 09:04 - Aug 24 with 1097 viewsjack247

More good news for the City of Swansea on 17:23 - Aug 23 by felixstowe_jack

I have the biggest one seems to running a club within it means without running up huge debts

I’d guess most clubs could do that if they had a total firesale, promoted the stockpiled academy starlets, sold them for big money, downgraded their academy and diluted shareholdings every couple of months to bring in new investment to make the club appear well run.
More good news for the City of Swansea on 18:02 - Sep 3 with 851 viewsWhiterockin

And yet more great news for the City of Swansea, the council really is doing well with the way they are transforming our City.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/first-look-inside-swanseas-iconic-
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024