Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mumbles Pier redevelopment 14:47 - Jul 25 with 3937 viewsWhiterockin

Another fantastic development in the City and Country of Swansea. Showing investors are keen to push the city to the forefront.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/update-major-plans-redevelop-mumbl
Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 14:49 - Jul 25 with 1673 viewsonehunglow

Great to read

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 15:17 - Jul 25 with 1633 viewshowenjack

We visited the bistrot pierre for a drink on Monday night ,the restaurant upstairs was absolutely rammed so they must be doing something right.
Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 15:20 - Jul 25 with 1622 viewsonehunglow

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 15:17 - Jul 25 by howenjack

We visited the bistrot pierre for a drink on Monday night ,the restaurant upstairs was absolutely rammed so they must be doing something right.

Got one on Liverpool

Lovely places

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 15:31 - Jul 25 with 1616 viewsFlashberryjack

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 15:17 - Jul 25 by howenjack

We used to got to Bistrot Pierre very often, then it went downhill and we haven't been back, although I've heard it's back to how it used to be be, so we'll give it a try again when we're down that area.

We went to the Oyster House last month, food was inedible, yet, we went there last summer and the food was spot on.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 15:36 - Jul 25 with 1588 viewstrampie

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 15:31 - Jul 25 by Flashberryjack

We used to got to Bistrot Pierre very often, then it went downhill and we haven't been back, although I've heard it's back to how it used to be be, so we'll give it a try again when we're down that area.

We went to the Oyster House last month, food was inedible, yet, we went there last summer and the food was spot on.

How much do all these places cost for grub ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 16:00 - Jul 25 with 1570 viewsnantywatcher

The Croeso Lounge is so much better than Bistro Pierre, unless of course you don't mind your food arriving direct from the microwave, than stick with BP.
Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 16:04 - Jul 25 with 1548 viewstrampie

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 16:00 - Jul 25 by nantywatcher

The Croeso Lounge is so much better than Bistro Pierre, unless of course you don't mind your food arriving direct from the microwave, than stick with BP.

How much do these places cost for grub ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 16:22 - Jul 25 with 1523 viewsmax936

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 16:04 - Jul 25 by trampie

That's like asking how long is a piece of string

Look on their website and see what you fancy and you'll get a cost.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 16:27 - Jul 25 with 1494 viewstrampie

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 16:22 - Jul 25 by max936

I won't be paying people to make me food, just wondering what the grub costs in these kind of places, I thought there was a cost of living crisis going on.

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 16:33 - Jul 25 with 1500 viewsBoundy

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 16:22 - Jul 25 by max936

With the new flood prevention work which includes improving the promonade and this news then the future looks bright for the area, I spend a lot of time (too much the wife would say) with my dogs and it really has become a bit of a tourist hotspot with many complimentary comments made.Its a pity that the pier refurbishment is taking a while but understandable when you consider its privately owned.Imo the big wheel is a temporary welcome addition and well worth a go just to get another perspective.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 16:52 - Jul 25 with 1472 viewsWhiterockin

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 16:33 - Jul 25 by Boundy

With the new flood prevention work which includes improving the promonade and this news then the future looks bright for the area, I spend a lot of time (too much the wife would say) with my dogs and it really has become a bit of a tourist hotspot with many complimentary comments made.Its a pity that the pier refurbishment is taking a while but understandable when you consider its privately owned.Imo the big wheel is a temporary welcome addition and well worth a go just to get another perspective.

Add in the proposed St Helens/recreation ground development and the promenade will soon be the envy of many. Possibly after my time though, but already Swansea/Mumbles is nothing like it was in my younger days, the future is really bright, citizens of our city should be immensely proud.
Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 16:54 - Jul 25 with 1453 viewstrampie

Why is the Pier down there closed anyway ?, has it been closed a long time ?

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 17:00 - Jul 25 with 1439 viewsraynor94

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 16:04 - Jul 25 by trampie

£40-£50 a head 3 course meal with drinks

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 17:07 - Jul 25 with 1390 viewstrampie

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 17:00 - Jul 25 by raynor94

£40-£50 a head 3 course meal with drinks

Is that good or bad Rayns ?, best part of £100 notes if I took the wife then.
I'm not clued on restaurants and the like, thanks for the heads up.

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 17:24 - Jul 25 with 1377 viewsraynor94

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 17:07 - Jul 25 by trampie

Is that good or bad Rayns ?, best part of £100 notes if I took the wife then.
I'm not clued on restaurants and the like, thanks for the heads up.

Depends where you eat, that's about the going rate for a tidy restaurant, obviously you can do pub grub much cheaper

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 17:27 - Jul 25 with 1366 viewsWhiterockin

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 17:24 - Jul 25 by raynor94

Depends where you eat, that's about the going rate for a tidy restaurant, obviously you can do pub grub much cheaper

If you talk about Bistro Pierre, get the app and get 10% back in points valued for 6 months and they will send you offers.
Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 17:35 - Jul 25 with 1332 viewsraynor94

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 17:27 - Jul 25 by Whiterockin

If you talk about Bistro Pierre, get the app and get 10% back in points valued for 6 months and they will send you offers.

Yeah, they do a 3 course menu for £22.95 as well

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 17:39 - Jul 25 with 1322 viewsWhiterockin

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 17:35 - Jul 25 by raynor94

Yeah, they do a 3 course menu for £22.95 as well

The bill really depends on how much alcohol you want. Pop in the white rose first, job done.
Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 17:59 - Jul 25 with 1290 viewsjack247

Bistrot Pierre and Croeso Lounge are all about location.

Food is decent but nothing special in both. Neither are particularly expensive. They are both upper end chain restaurants.

I don’t think I’d go to either if they weren’t where they are, but you can’t beat sitting on the Croeso terrace or out the front on a nice day. Will be superb when the construction down there is finished. I never go to Zinco and their food is the same as Croeso.

Haven’t been in Prezo and have only had drinks in the Oyster Lounge, which was fantastic. Secluded sun trap and not as busy as the others.
Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 18:11 - Jul 25 with 1276 viewsmax936

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 16:27 - Jul 25 by trampie

I won't be paying people to make me food, just wondering what the grub costs in these kind of places, I thought there was a cost of living crisis going on.

Looking at menus online from various places isn't gonna cost you anything.

You being you will probably say somin along the lines of it being a waste of money why don't people cook it themselves, the answer to that is people like to go out and have food cooked for them.

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 18:18 - Jul 25 with 1266 viewsBoundy

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 18:11 - Jul 25 by max936

You being you will probably say somin along the lines of it being a waste of money why don't people cook it themselves, the answer to that is people like to go out and have food cooked for them.

Maybe he could take his own sandwich spread sandwiches and a bottle of water ,or not go?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 19:14 - Jul 25 with 1209 viewstrampie

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 18:11 - Jul 25 by max936

I wouldn't say that, you are mixing me up with another poster.

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 19:59 - Jul 25 with 1172 viewsjack247

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 16:52 - Jul 25 by Whiterockin

Add in the proposed St Helens/recreation ground development and the promenade will soon be the envy of many. Possibly after my time though, but already Swansea/Mumbles is nothing like it was in my younger days, the future is really bright, citizens of our city should be immensely proud.

A lot being done and the whole front from the arena to mumbles really could looking fantastic.

The b and bs by the Bay View are a bit of an elephant in the room though. The location probably deserves better.
Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 19:59 - Jul 25 with 1172 viewsmax936

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 19:14 - Jul 25 by trampie

I wouldn't say that, you are mixing me up with another poster.

No I'm not contrary is your middle name

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 20:00 - Jul 25 with 1169 viewsunion_jack

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 17:59 - Jul 25 by jack247

Bistrot Pierre and Croeso Lounge are all about location.

Food is decent but nothing special in both. Neither are particularly expensive. They are both upper end chain restaurants.

I don’t think I’d go to either if they weren’t where they are, but you can’t beat sitting on the Croeso terrace or out the front on a nice day. Will be superb when the construction down there is finished. I never go to Zinco and their food is the same as Croeso.

Haven’t been in Prezo and have only had drinks in the Oyster Lounge, which was fantastic. Secluded sun trap and not as busy as the others.

BP is a rip off and they include a service charge which is a pet hate of mine (though you can ask for it to be taken off).
Croeso Lounge is quite good for food and not badly priced but the ambience not as good as BP.
Prezzos is overpriced but the food is quite good to be fair.
The location is fantastic on a hot summer evening but we don’t seem to get that so often these days.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024