Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mumbles Pier redevelopment 14:47 - Jul 25 with 4239 viewsWhiterockin

Another fantastic development in the City and Country of Swansea. Showing investors are keen to push the city to the forefront.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/update-major-plans-redevelop-mumbl
Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 20:06 - Jul 25 with 794 viewstrampie

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 19:59 - Jul 25 by max936

No I'm not contrary is your middle name

I've never mentioned people should cook their own food, I just want to know how much it costs to eat out in such places that is all.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 20:19 - Jul 25 with 782 viewsjack247

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 20:00 - Jul 25 by union_jack

BP is a rip off and they include a service charge which is a pet hate of mine (though you can ask for it to be taken off).
Croeso Lounge is quite good for food and not badly priced but the ambience not as good as BP.
Prezzos is overpriced but the food is quite good to be fair.
The location is fantastic on a hot summer evening but we don’t seem to get that so often these days.

Yeah. I probably wouldn’t go to either if they weren’t where they are.

Both perfectly adequate, but there’s much better about. The location is a game changer though.

Yes, it’s been an awful summer so far.
(No subject) (n/t) on 20:43 - Jul 25 with 767 viewsnantywatcher

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 20:45 - Jul 25 with 767 viewsnantywatcher

The Croeso Lounge is so much better than Bistro Pierre, unless of course you don't mind your food arriving direct from the microwave, than stick with BP.
Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 21:41 - Jul 25 with 727 viewsnantywatcher

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 17:00 - Jul 25 by raynor94

£40-£50 a head 3 course meal with drinks

On Tuesdays the Lounge does 3 tapas (very good choice) and a glass of wine for £12.95. We go at least once a month. So you can have 4 meals for your £50!
Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 22:06 - Jul 25 with 697 viewstrampie

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 21:41 - Jul 25 by nantywatcher

On Tuesdays the Lounge does 3 tapas (very good choice) and a glass of wine for £12.95. We go at least once a month. So you can have 4 meals for your £50!

What are tapas butt ?, surely 3 cocktail sticks with a small lump of cheese and a small pickled onion doesn't cost £12.95 does it ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 02:28 - Jul 26 with 658 viewsAnotherJohn

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 17:39 - Jul 25 by Whiterockin

The bill really depends on how much alcohol you want. Pop in the white rose first, job done.

Re the alcohol (and if you don't insist on Mumbles), Gilligan's in Sketty and Truffle just off Bryn-y-mor Road are very good options that allow you to bring your own wine or beer with no corkage charge. Both charge around £36 for 3 courses,
Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 07:53 - Jul 26 with 608 viewsjack247

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 22:06 - Jul 25 by trampie

What are tapas butt ?, surely 3 cocktail sticks with a small lump of cheese and a small pickled onion doesn't cost £12.95 does it ?

They’ve got quite a decent tapas selection.

It’s a chain cafe/bar and the food is towards the higher end of what you would expect for places like that. Prices are reasonable.

You’ll get much nicer food in plenty of independent restaurants. Gilligans was mentioned above and is a good shout. I like the Bistro in Tycoch. Same sort of food as CL, just a better version of it for similar prices.

I haven’t tried Rok or On the Rocks yet, but both have great reviews and are in great settings.
Login to get fewer ads

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 07:58 - Jul 26 with 587 viewstrampie

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 07:53 - Jul 26 by jack247

They’ve got quite a decent tapas selection.

It’s a chain cafe/bar and the food is towards the higher end of what you would expect for places like that. Prices are reasonable.

You’ll get much nicer food in plenty of independent restaurants. Gilligans was mentioned above and is a good shout. I like the Bistro in Tycoch. Same sort of food as CL, just a better version of it for similar prices.

I haven’t tried Rok or On the Rocks yet, but both have great reviews and are in great settings.

But what are tapas ? is it the equivalent of a small piece of pineapple and sausage on a cocktail stick ?, a sausage roll, a pickled onion, is that what it is ?

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 08:13 - Jul 26 with 582 viewsjack247

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 07:58 - Jul 26 by trampie

But what are tapas ? is it the equivalent of a small piece of pineapple and sausage on a cocktail stick ?, a sausage roll, a pickled onion, is that what it is ?

What kind of backwater do you live in to class children’s party food as tapas?

Go to Croeso if that’s what you genuinely think it is. It will blow your sheltered mind.

https://thelounges.co.uk/croeso/
Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 08:14 - Jul 26 with 581 viewsraynor94

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 07:58 - Jul 26 by trampie

Why are you trying to be obtuse on here, asking such silly questions

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 08:17 - Jul 26 with 562 viewsWhiterockin

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 08:14 - Jul 26 by raynor94

You would think he understood how Google works.
Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 08:19 - Jul 26 with 549 viewstrampie

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 08:14 - Jul 26 by raynor94

I don't know what tapas is, if the price is right perhaps I will try it.
No tapas from where I'm from, no tapas where I live, I'm just asking townie types what is the score that is all.

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 08:20 - Jul 26 with 548 viewsnantywatcher

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 08:13 - Jul 26 by jack247

What kind of backwater do you live in to class children’s party food as tapas?

Go to Croeso if that’s what you genuinely think it is. It will blow your sheltered mind.

https://thelounges.co.uk/croeso/

The tapas choice is wide and always good quality, go online! I've been to about a dozen lounges around the UK, the atmosphere is usually buzzing, the staff are always young, attentive and hard working. In a space of a few years they have now just opened their 228th restaurant they are definitely doing something right!
Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 08:23 - Jul 26 with 532 viewsjack247

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 08:19 - Jul 26 by trampie

No tapas from where I'm from, no tapas where I live, I'm just asking townie types what is the score that is all.

Christ. Where do you live? 1940?
Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 08:24 - Jul 26 with 528 viewsonehunglow

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 08:20 - Jul 26 by nantywatcher

The tapas choice is wide and always good quality, go online! I've been to about a dozen lounges around the UK, the atmosphere is usually buzzing, the staff are always young, attentive and hard working. In a space of a few years they have now just opened their 228th restaurant they are definitely doing something right!

Tapas is a very sociable way to eat
Sunday roasts after a preachers fire and brimstone sermon,less so.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 08:28 - Jul 26 with 529 viewsjack247

I’ve had tapas there a few times. I agree, it’s very nice, decent selection and reasonably priced even if you don’t go on a Tuesday.

Honestly, try the Bistro though. It’s the same sort of thing but another level. Hard to explain but it doesn’t have that mass produced kind of feel that you’re always going to get with a massive chain serving the same food in every location.

Nothing against Croeso. It’s fantastic for what it is.
Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 08:35 - Jul 26 with 526 viewsraynor94

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 08:19 - Jul 26 by trampie

You did exactly the same thing on the Leeds disorder thread, asking what ethnicity the people involved were

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 09:26 - Jul 26 with 494 viewstrampie

I think there is one in the old courthouse in Carmarthen.

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 09:48 - Jul 26 with 477 viewsnantywatcher

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 08:28 - Jul 26 by jack247

I’ve had tapas there a few times. I agree, it’s very nice, decent selection and reasonably priced even if you don’t go on a Tuesday.

Honestly, try the Bistro though. It’s the same sort of thing but another level. Hard to explain but it doesn’t have that mass produced kind of feel that you’re always going to get with a massive chain serving the same food in every location.

Nothing against Croeso. It’s fantastic for what it is.

We will have to disagree on that one, I stopped going to them the second time a meal arrived at my table and it had not been defrosted properly. maybe the Loung group has forced them to up their game?
I went to the Lounge on Thursday and it was heaving, next door the waiter had nothing to do but constantly valet his reception desk. Stil I've got great respect for your opinion so it's BP for me next visit. Mind you if they serve me up more defrosted rubbish, I'm suing you!
Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 10:24 - Jul 26 with 442 viewstrampie

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 09:48 - Jul 26 by nantywatcher

We will have to disagree on that one, I stopped going to them the second time a meal arrived at my table and it had not been defrosted properly. maybe the Loung group has forced them to up their game?
I went to the Lounge on Thursday and it was heaving, next door the waiter had nothing to do but constantly valet his reception desk. Stil I've got great respect for your opinion so it's BP for me next visit. Mind you if they serve me up more defrosted rubbish, I'm suing you!

Interesting you should say that, I heard its all nearly all defrosted stuff, but are nearly all restaurants the same these days ?, I've no idea.
[Post edited 26 Jul 10:27]

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 10:52 - Jul 26 with 419 viewsBoundy

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 10:24 - Jul 26 by trampie

Interesting you should say that, I heard its all nearly all defrosted stuff, but are nearly all restaurants the same these days ?, I've no idea.
[Post edited 26 Jul 10:27]

You come across as being very poorly educated on how the world works but imo its just a game to you, hence the ridiculous questions .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 10:57 - Jul 26 with 412 viewsraynor94

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 10:52 - Jul 26 by Boundy

You come across as being very poorly educated on how the world works but imo its just a game to you, hence the ridiculous questions .

👍I mentioned it on an earlier thread

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 10:57 - Jul 26 with 409 viewstrampie

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 10:52 - Jul 26 by Boundy

I know somebody that works in catering "its nearly all defrosted stuff" ( they were referring to a particular establishment, which is part of a chain) and heard them talking about it.
[Post edited 26 Jul 11:01]

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 11:57 - Jul 26 with 369 viewsnantywatcher

Mumbles Pier redevelopment on 10:57 - Jul 26 by trampie

I know somebody that works in catering "its nearly all defrosted stuff" ( they were referring to a particular establishment, which is part of a chain) and heard them talking about it.
[Post edited 26 Jul 11:01]

Trampie if you don't enjoy the tapas and the variety I'll give you your money back - guaranteed. They also make the best soups you can find anywhewre.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024