Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George Floyd - The Truth 11:47 - Jul 17 with 3369 viewsunion_jack

Stumbled upon this independently made documentary of the death of George Floyd and it’s worth watching (though quite long).
What a travesty of justice and abuse of justice this has been. If you’ve got the time, watch it and you’ll see it in a completely different light if you don’t already.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

George Floyd - The Truth on 11:52 - Jul 17 with 1505 viewsScotia

How do you know it's "the truth".

Seems like a very dodgy source to me:-

https://abetterminnesota.org/2022/02/the-truth-about-alpha-news/
George Floyd - The Truth on 11:58 - Jul 17 with 1493 viewsunion_jack

George Floyd - The Truth on 11:52 - Jul 17 by Scotia

I posted this about 5 minutes ago which tells me it’s very unlikely you’ve watched it. Do that and I’ll gladly answer the question but I may not have to.

George Floyd - The Truth on 12:02 - Jul 17 with 1489 viewsScotia

George Floyd - The Truth on 11:58 - Jul 17 by union_jack

I posted this about 5 minutes ago which tells me it’s very unlikely you’ve watched it. Do that and I’ll gladly answer the question but I may not have to.

I've watched the first few minutes - which basically just shows he was a criminal. That sort of sets the tone. I don't see why his past is relevant to the truth of his death.

It's published by a dodgy as hell, right wing American underground youtube channel. To me that isn't trustworthy.

When the subject is the death of a black man at the hands of a white police officer - my BS filter starts twitching.
George Floyd - The Truth on 12:05 - Jul 17 with 1485 viewsunion_jack

George Floyd - The Truth on 12:02 - Jul 17 by Scotia

I've watched the first few minutes - which basically just shows he was a criminal. That sort of sets the tone. I don't see why his past is relevant to the truth of his death.

It's published by a dodgy as hell, right wing American underground youtube channel. To me that isn't trustworthy.

When the subject is the death of a black man at the hands of a white police officer - my BS filter starts twitching.

I repeat, watch it all!! Then you’ll be qualified to comment.

George Floyd - The Truth on 12:08 - Jul 17 with 1465 viewsunion_jack

George Floyd - The Truth on 11:52 - Jul 17 by Scotia

And maybe this source you’ve cited is nothing more than an organisation wishing to hide the truth. That’s an equally valid assumption. Watch it all, then comment.

George Floyd - The Truth on 12:12 - Jul 17 with 1455 viewsonehunglow

George Floyd - The Truth on 12:02 - Jul 17 by Scotia

When the subject matter is a violent career criminal then mine goes into overdrive
I have just deleted what I just typed so as not to foment any more animus .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

George Floyd - The Truth on 13:17 - Jul 17 with 1420 viewsScotia

George Floyd - The Truth on 12:05 - Jul 17 by union_jack

I repeat, watch it all!! Then you’ll be qualified to comment.

I've seen enough to know it's not independent and quite possibly / probably not the truth but somebodies biased version of it.

It's made by a bunch of right wing republicans who are know for mosting conspiracies and propganda.

What have you seen in it to make you think it's firstly independent and secondly the truth?
George Floyd - The Truth on 13:21 - Jul 17 with 1414 viewsScotia

George Floyd - The Truth on 12:08 - Jul 17 by union_jack

And maybe this source you’ve cited is nothing more than an organisation wishing to hide the truth. That’s an equally valid assumption. Watch it all, then comment.

All they've done is comment on the organsation that have published the documentary. They haven't lied - all you need to do is read / watch their previous articles and look in to their background.

Would you believe "the truth" if it was published by Black Lives Matter?
Login to get fewer ads

George Floyd - The Truth on 13:22 - Jul 17 with 1411 viewsonehunglow

George Floyd - The Truth on 13:21 - Jul 17 by Scotia

All they've done is comment on the organsation that have published the documentary. They haven't lied - all you need to do is read / watch their previous articles and look in to their background.

Would you believe "the truth" if it was published by Black Lives Matter?

That last paragraph …personally I’d struggle with doing so .

George Floyd - The Truth on 13:43 - Jul 17 with 1395 viewsScotia

George Floyd - The Truth on 13:22 - Jul 17 by onehunglow

That last paragraph …personally I’d struggle with doing so .

I wouldn't.
George Floyd - The Truth on 14:04 - Jul 17 with 1368 viewsunion_jack

George Floyd - The Truth on 13:17 - Jul 17 by Scotia

I've seen enough to know it's not independent and quite possibly / probably not the truth but somebodies biased version of it.

It's made by a bunch of right wing republicans who are know for mosting conspiracies and propganda.

What have you seen in it to make you think it's firstly independent and secondly the truth?

If you have that closed mind approach and feel by watching just 5 MINUTES that you’ve seen all you need to see then there’s no hope for you. If you feel the same after watching it all then fine but you’d have to believe that a lot of the evidence produced by key people in this film is all made up. But you’re closing your eyes to it which is not the approach that allows you the right to comment on it.

George Floyd - The Truth on 14:07 - Jul 17 with 1363 viewsonehunglow

George Floyd - The Truth on 14:04 - Jul 17 by union_jack

If you have that closed mind approach and feel by watching just 5 MINUTES that you’ve seen all you need to see then there’s no hope for you. If you feel the same after watching it all then fine but you’d have to believe that a lot of the evidence produced by key people in this film is all made up. But you’re closing your eyes to it which is not the approach that allows you the right to comment on it.

I sometimes wonder if this is all a dream.
I have seen much but ,these days, the demise of people who cause great suffering to others ,are eulogised .
It’s all too much really

There is an insidious narrative running through the veins of society

George Floyd - The Truth on 14:27 - Jul 17 with 1331 viewsScotia

George Floyd - The Truth on 14:04 - Jul 17 by union_jack

I've questioned it in the first five minutes - actually less than that because I looked in to the source first. How is that having a closed mind?

If you can tell me why it's independent and "the truth" maybe I'll reconsider. But to me it seems to be the opposite.
George Floyd - The Truth on 14:29 - Jul 17 with 1331 viewsunion_jack

George Floyd - The Truth on 14:07 - Jul 17 by onehunglow

I sometimes wonder if this is all a dream.
I have seen much but ,these days, the demise of people who cause great suffering to others ,are eulogised .
It’s all too much really

There is an insidious narrative running through the veins of society

Watch it R, it’ll make you think even more. Lots of evidence suggesting a ‘political’ approach to the whole thing.

I’ve no time for people who won’t at least listen to both sides due to pre-conceived ideas about the source.

George Floyd - The Truth on 14:31 - Jul 17 with 1325 viewsunion_jack

George Floyd - The Truth on 14:27 - Jul 17 by Scotia

I've questioned it in the first five minutes - actually less than that because I looked in to the source first. How is that having a closed mind?

If you can tell me why it's independent and "the truth" maybe I'll reconsider. But to me it seems to be the opposite.

Dear God, that’s the definition of a closed mind!!!

I’m not going through it all, watch it. Or don’t, but if the latter you have no platform on which to comment!

George Floyd - The Truth on 14:40 - Jul 17 with 1301 viewsScotia

George Floyd - The Truth on 14:31 - Jul 17 by union_jack

Dear God, that’s the definition of a closed mind!!!

I’m not going through it all, watch it. Or don’t, but if the latter you have no platform on which to comment!

What? Questioning something is the definition of a closed mind? Brilliant.
George Floyd - The Truth on 15:15 - Jul 17 with 1266 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

I won’t be watching the video because it’s nearly two hours long ffs. 😂 but here are my thoughts on this incident in an easy to read numbered format;

1) The officers acted appallingly. I believe wholeheartedly that any amount of force can be used to restrain a criminal who is resisting, but when that criminal is restrained you cannot then continue to use force against them. And when a suspect is restrained and in custody the officers are responsible for their medical wellbeing. They failed on both these fronts and deserved to be punished.

2) To this day I have not seen even the slightest shred of evidence that this incident was in any way racially motivated. It was not (to the best of my knowledge) mentioned during the trial that it was. This was a deliberate lie designed to stoke up unrest by diabolical politically motivated media outlets. The “fiery but mostly peaceful protests” on CNN with a live action depiction of Dante’s Inferno being acted out behind the ‘journalist’ will live in infamy for decades.

3) Floyd was not a hero, he was not this poor gentle guy. He was a drug addled and violent career criminal with a long rap sheet of pretty horrendous acts. But he didn’t deserve to be killed and he shouldn’t have died that day.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

George Floyd - The Truth on 15:37 - Jul 17 with 1236 viewscontroversial_jack

If you compress a persons neck for long enough they will die. This is quite basic martial arts and restraint training
George Floyd - The Truth on 15:48 - Jul 17 with 1232 viewsScotia

George Floyd - The Truth on 15:15 - Jul 17 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I won’t be watching the video because it’s nearly two hours long ffs. 😂 but here are my thoughts on this incident in an easy to read numbered format;

1) The officers acted appallingly. I believe wholeheartedly that any amount of force can be used to restrain a criminal who is resisting, but when that criminal is restrained you cannot then continue to use force against them. And when a suspect is restrained and in custody the officers are responsible for their medical wellbeing. They failed on both these fronts and deserved to be punished.

2) To this day I have not seen even the slightest shred of evidence that this incident was in any way racially motivated. It was not (to the best of my knowledge) mentioned during the trial that it was. This was a deliberate lie designed to stoke up unrest by diabolical politically motivated media outlets. The “fiery but mostly peaceful protests” on CNN with a live action depiction of Dante’s Inferno being acted out behind the ‘journalist’ will live in infamy for decades.

3) Floyd was not a hero, he was not this poor gentle guy. He was a drug addled and violent career criminal with a long rap sheet of pretty horrendous acts. But he didn’t deserve to be killed and he shouldn’t have died that day.

I agree.

It's been made in to a political / race issue for no direct reason. The truth is that he was killed by a policeman and shouldn't have been.
George Floyd - The Truth on 15:48 - Jul 17 with 1232 viewsunion_jack

George Floyd - The Truth on 14:40 - Jul 17 by Scotia

What? Questioning something is the definition of a closed mind? Brilliant.

Yes, without exploring both sides which clearly you aren’t. Watch it, don’t, I don’t care just don’t bother commenting anymore to me.

George Floyd - The Truth on 15:56 - Jul 17 with 1213 viewsunion_jack

George Floyd - The Truth on 15:15 - Jul 17 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The officers acted in accordance with police and city guidelines which the judge, for some unknown reason wouldn’t allow to be admitted as evidence. Senior officers and politicians lied! This is all in the documentary and backed up by people working there at the time.
Chauvin used at recognised technique to restrain a perpetrator until an ambulance arrived, Floyd was out of control and it took a few officers to stop him. He was up to his eyeballs on fentanyl, morphine and other such stuff, doses which were deemed to be fatal. He had breathing difficulties well before he was subdued more than likely due to drugs in the OD spectrum. They were thrown to the wolves. The evidence is there.
So I’ll say it again, to you and others, comment by all means, refute it by all means but watch it first.

George Floyd - The Truth on 16:10 - Jul 17 with 1205 viewsScotia

George Floyd - The Truth on 15:56 - Jul 17 by union_jack

The officers acted in accordance with police and city guidelines which the judge, for some unknown reason wouldn’t allow to be admitted as evidence. Senior officers and politicians lied! This is all in the documentary and backed up by people working there at the time.
Chauvin used at recognised technique to restrain a perpetrator until an ambulance arrived, Floyd was out of control and it took a few officers to stop him. He was up to his eyeballs on fentanyl, morphine and other such stuff, doses which were deemed to be fatal. He had breathing difficulties well before he was subdued more than likely due to drugs in the OD spectrum. They were thrown to the wolves. The evidence is there.
So I’ll say it again, to you and others, comment by all means, refute it by all means but watch it first.

Chauvin also replied "no" when another officer requested for Floyd to be put on his side so he could breath. Is that menitioned in the documentary?

I've just noticed Liz Collin is interviewed in it too. She's not exactly neutral is she? Married to a Minneapolis Police officer who has referred to BLM as a terrorist organisation.

This is as biased as a version published by BLM themselves.
George Floyd - The Truth on 16:13 - Jul 17 with 1204 viewsmax936

Just call a truce chaps is it, Dear me mun

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

George Floyd - The Truth on 16:34 - Jul 17 with 1176 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

George Floyd - The Truth on 15:56 - Jul 17 by union_jack

He was already restrained, he’s face down on the floor in handcuffs. There’s no need then to place 41kgs of weight directly on his neck for 8 minutes or whatever it was. There’s no need to carry on “restraining” him when he’s literally unconscious/dead. How much restraining does the average unconscious or dead person realistically need?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

George Floyd - The Truth on 16:40 - Jul 17 with 1172 viewsBoundy

George Floyd - The Truth on 16:34 - Jul 17 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

He was already restrained, he’s face down on the floor in handcuffs. There’s no need then to place 41kgs of weight directly on his neck for 8 minutes or whatever it was. There’s no need to carry on “restraining” him when he’s literally unconscious/dead. How much restraining does the average unconscious or dead person realistically need?

Not seen nor intend watching the video nor particularly bothered about the story,but I will say without fear or favour there have been many recorded incidents where police officers have killed suspects whilst in custody, perhaps this is another such incident ,or maybe not.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024