Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Life for Children today 09:02 - Jul 16 with 1388 viewsonehunglow

I get the impression most of us posters are “ mature” ,at least in years .
Just been watching a report on how ( under seven) children plan to spend their school summer holidays .It git me thinking of my early years in Swansea in the fifties and what a different life entirely I had to children now .
I thought it might be worth a discussion with there being no major sport this week.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Life for Children today on 09:35 - Jul 16 with 940 viewscontroversial_jack

Times have changed. Parents don't feel it's safe to let kids out to play. It's probably no different to years ago, it's that we here more about these offenders etc.There are a lot more cars around too and less waste ground
Life for Children today on 09:46 - Jul 16 with 940 viewsonehunglow

Children have an array of gadgets now but are they any happier .?
It’s easier for a parent to shove a tablet on n front of a kid rather than engaging with him or her .
Many kids have significant inter action issues and their conversation levels reflect this .
Paedophiles have always been around ,not a thing at all . It’s just they re found out more .
Kids need adventure and to understand risk management

Life for Children today on 13:26 - Jul 16 with 886 viewsSullutaCreturned

Life for Children today on 09:46 - Jul 16 by onehunglow

Children have an array of gadgets now but are they any happier .?
It’s easier for a parent to shove a tablet on n front of a kid rather than engaging with him or her .
Many kids have significant inter action issues and their conversation levels reflect this .
Paedophiles have always been around ,not a thing at all . It’s just they re found out more .
Kids need adventure and to understand risk management

yeah, I agree. We were always out with my youngest son, always encouraging him to try new things. Now he's the odd one out amongst most of his friends, they spend a lot of time indoors, him and one other friend are always out, either with their goirlfriends or over the field with a ball.

Of course until September 16th last year I thought I only had one son but on that day I had a big surprise, I have a son by a previous relationship who is 18 and he's a proper adventurer. he's spent 3 months in Thailand by himself doing Muay Thai (he was 17 at that time) and right now he's in the USA, not far from Milwaukee working at Camp America.
Life for Children today on 15:13 - Jul 16 with 837 viewsfbreath

Life for Children today on 13:26 - Jul 16 by SullutaCreturned

yeah, I agree. We were always out with my youngest son, always encouraging him to try new things. Now he's the odd one out amongst most of his friends, they spend a lot of time indoors, him and one other friend are always out, either with their goirlfriends or over the field with a ball.

Of course until September 16th last year I thought I only had one son but on that day I had a big surprise, I have a son by a previous relationship who is 18 and he's a proper adventurer. he's spent 3 months in Thailand by himself doing Muay Thai (he was 17 at that time) and right now he's in the USA, not far from Milwaukee working at Camp America.

That must have been quite a shock to find out.

How did the first meeting go.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Life for Children today on 15:36 - Jul 16 with 825 viewsonehunglow

Life for Children today on 13:26 - Jul 16 by SullutaCreturned

Quite clearly ,you’ve been a great father and they should feel proud of yiu.
I see too many kids with everything but with far away eyes .
We are sowing a social whirlwind where kids struggle to communicate outside their devices .
A false,fantasy unreal world
I feel for them

Life for Children today on 19:07 - Jul 16 with 788 viewsSullutaCreturned

Life for Children today on 15:36 - Jul 16 by onehunglow

Quite clearly ,you’ve been a great father and they should feel proud of yiu.
I see too many kids with everything but with far away eyes .
We are sowing a social whirlwind where kids struggle to communicate outside their devices .
A false,fantasy unreal world
I feel for them

Oh he still spends too long looking at ascreen.

I have tried to be a good dad and I have my fair share of failures up to now. It's a learning curve.
Life for Children today on 22:30 - Jul 16 with 751 viewsBoundy

Life for Children today on 19:07 - Jul 16 by SullutaCreturned

I have tried to be a good dad and I have my fair share of failures up to now. It's a learning curve.

How do you measure failure ?, myself my deepest regrets as a father was not being there due to work commitments but speak to my now grown up kids they tell me that had a great childhood with lovely memories,that's all I could hope for

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Life for Children today on 00:33 - Jul 17 with 732 viewsRobbie

In my job so often see parents rewarding their children buying them sweets just to appease them , some instances stop them having a melt down if they cannot get what they want .

Hence dentistry , if you can get it and obesity are a issue to treat , but the kids are not interested in that and their potential long term health problems .

See challenging children and other maybe unseen medical conditions I am unaware of .
Accept that of course , nobody can see every disability .

What grinds my gears is both parents more concerned with their mobile phones than their children giving them a bag of sweets to shut them up .

There are many polite and tidy kids out there which is nice to see , they are not all bad .
Login to get fewer ads

Life for Children today on 08:50 - Jul 17 with 695 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Life for Children today on 19:07 - Jul 16 by SullutaCreturned

My generation was the last to grow up without smart phones and internet. I think it’s a lost age now, I can’t imagine being glued to tik tok 24/7 when I was young. I’d be itching to get out on my bike or up a tree or something.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Life for Children today on 09:01 - Jul 17 with 692 viewsonehunglow

Great comments
Thanks

Just reinforces my thoughts really which are mainly ones of sadness at how shallow we are nowadays
Children live on a world created by parents

Life for Children today on 11:50 - Jul 17 with 653 viewsRobbie

Life for Children today on 08:50 - Jul 17 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

My generation was the last to grow up without smart phones and internet. I think it’s a lost age now, I can’t imagine being glued to tik tok 24/7 when I was young. I’d be itching to get out on my bike or up a tree or something.

Lock down and isolation during COVID will be a reason why Tik Tok and the like are the reason youngsters have reverted not to interreact with others and see their phones as the go to answer ,

If the parents cannot get off their phones to address their needs , what chance does the child have of facing the upcoming facts of life in their later years

Tragically the cases of youngsters unable to cope can lead to an appalling outcome .

Parents must be seen as a focus point for their childrens issues at all times .
Life for Children today on 12:18 - Jul 17 with 629 viewsonehunglow

Life for Children today on 11:50 - Jul 17 by Robbie

Lock down and isolation during COVID will be a reason why Tik Tok and the like are the reason youngsters have reverted not to interreact with others and see their phones as the go to answer ,

If the parents cannot get off their phones to address their needs , what chance does the child have of facing the upcoming facts of life in their later years

Tragically the cases of youngsters unable to cope can lead to an appalling outcome .

Parents must be seen as a focus point for their childrens issues at all times .

And on the other hand, lockdown was seen as unnecessary ,the wearing of masks futile and then vaccine dubious.
Only mankind could be so utterly stupid to understand the power of nature and its consequences
We live in times where someone is to blame .

What’s more important,keeping pubs open or preventing thousands of deaths .

We were in unknown times but now Captains in Highsight knew best all along .

Life for Children today on 12:47 - Jul 17 with 622 viewsRobbie

Professor Chris Whitty seemed to be the only person talking with any sense during COVID .
Others were running round with their self interests and own agendas in tow .

He had my full admiration for his efforts in the pandemic .

Some time later two absolute beauts tried to intimidate him in a public park as he went about his daily life , Ridiculous behaviour .
Life for Children today on 13:14 - Jul 17 with 608 viewsGwyn737

Times are challenging for all and increasingly so for children.

However, most are bright, kind, positive, helpful, thoughtful and talented.
Life for Children today on 15:25 - Jul 17 with 571 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Life for Children today on 12:18 - Jul 17 by onehunglow

And on the other hand, lockdown was seen as unnecessary ,the wearing of masks futile and then vaccine dubious.
Only mankind could be so utterly stupid to understand the power of nature and its consequences
We live in times where someone is to blame .

What’s more important,keeping pubs open or preventing thousands of deaths .

We were in unknown times but now Captains in Highsight knew best all along .

“ What’s more important,keeping pubs open or preventing thousands of deaths”

Let’s flip that on its head: What is the point of preventing deaths if people aren’t allowed to live?

A lot of people lost nearly two years of their very short lives having to stay at home, not going out to work, seeing friends and family, enjoying themselves. Think the mental health issues and financial worries created by lockdowns have caused as much pain and suffering as the virus itself. If not more.

Life for Children today on 15:34 - Jul 17 with 559 viewscontroversial_jack

Life for Children today on 15:25 - Jul 17 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Let’s flip that on its head: What is the point of preventing deaths if people aren’t allowed to live?

A lot of people lost nearly two years of their very short lives having to stay at home, not going out to work, seeing friends and family, enjoying themselves. Think the mental health issues and financial worries created by lockdowns have caused as much pain and suffering as the virus itself. If not more.

Many ppl lost friends and family to this awful virus.Economies recover, families don't
Life for Children today on 16:17 - Jul 17 with 555 viewsmax936

Great post again J,O,N
you should post more often

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Life for Children today on 17:03 - Jul 17 with 527 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Life for Children today on 15:34 - Jul 17 by controversial_jack

Many ppl lost friends and family to this awful virus.Economies recover, families don't

Was talking more about individual circumstance rather than the economy as a whole.

Case in point, my grandmother was in her late 90’s when covid came about. Her care home locked down in February 2020. All she had to look forward to in life was a visit off one of her family. That was taken away from her. She died a few weeks before her 100th birthday, we were allowed to visit for end of life but by that point she was too far gone to realise it.

What was the point of protecting her from that virus if she had zero quality of life just lying in bed waiting to die? Which option is more cruel?

Life for Children today on 17:42 - Jul 17 with 518 viewsraynor94

Life for Children today on 15:34 - Jul 17 by controversial_jack

Many people lose friends and family to all kinds of disease and illness everyday.

I think in hindsight it's been proved we over reacted, of course vulnerable people had to be protected, but some of the total lock downs were over the top

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Life for Children today on 17:58 - Jul 17 with 511 viewsSullutaCreturned

Life for Children today on 15:13 - Jul 16 by fbreath

That must have been quite a shock to find out.

How did the first meeting go.

It was a massive shock and my wife had more trouble with it than I did but we got through.

The first meeting was very good, we talked a lot, his mother left us alone and we were very honest. He understood I knew nothing about him. He's turned out to be a good kid, his mother brought him up well. It hasn't stopped me feeling guilty about not being there though, he deserve to have a dad, we stay in touch, we've met again when we can.

Life is full of surprises
Life for Children today on 18:03 - Jul 17 with 505 viewsSullutaCreturned

Life for Children today on 22:30 - Jul 16 by Boundy

How do you measure failure ?, myself my deepest regrets as a father was not being there due to work commitments but speak to my now grown up kids they tell me that had a great childhood with lovely memories,that's all I could hope for

When I lose my temper and shout, when I over react, then I feel I have failed.

A friend gave me some advice once, borne of his own experience and being given this advice himself, he said never miss a thing, the school plays, the assembliesand parents evenings, birthdays etc, never miss a single one because you don't get a second chance.

We have missed one assembly and one parents evening up to now, we are both there for every borthday and he'll be 16 in September.
I admit to my failures but I guess looking back and looking now at the person he's become, I have my share of success too but I couldn't have done it without my wife.
Life for Children today on 18:17 - Jul 17 with 497 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Life for Children today on 17:58 - Jul 17 by SullutaCreturned

It was a massive shock and my wife had more trouble with it than I did but we got through.

The first meeting was very good, we talked a lot, his mother left us alone and we were very honest. He understood I knew nothing about him. He's turned out to be a good kid, his mother brought him up well. It hasn't stopped me feeling guilty about not being there though, he deserve to have a dad, we stay in touch, we've met again when we can.

Life is full of surprises

I’m surprised I haven’t got any unknown kids knocking about. I’ve shagged and shagged and shagged and as far as I know all the little bastards missed.

Life for Children today on 18:24 - Jul 17 with 493 viewsSullutaCreturned

Life for Children today on 18:17 - Jul 17 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I’m surprised I haven’t got any unknown kids knocking about. I’ve shagged and shagged and shagged and as far as I know all the little bastards missed.

Well I could hardly call myself prolific but still I am hoping there are no more similar surprises out there. They'd all be older than 18 now though, if there were any.
Life for Children today on 18:26 - Jul 17 with 490 viewsonehunglow

No
Don’t agree with that at all .

I need to up arrow myself

Life for Children today on 12:52 - Jul 18 with 411 viewscontroversial_jack

Life for Children today on 17:42 - Jul 17 by raynor94

Many people lose friends and family to all kinds of disease and illness everyday.

I think in hindsight it's been proved we over reacted, of course vulnerable people had to be protected, but some of the total lock downs were over the top

You obviously weren't exposed to this. It wasn't just vulnerable pp who died, it was ofter fit healthy doctors, nurses, police who suffered from this. The NHS almost collapsed from the demand. I don't believe the lockdowns were stringent enough
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024