Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yates 08:57 - Nov 5 with 3889 viewssw02sea

What does he bring to the party?
Answers please, as I haven’t got a clue.
Yates on 23:01 - Nov 5 with 860 viewsvetchonian

Yates on 22:42 - Nov 5 by Dr_Winston

As has been obvious since mid-September. In fact, a player (or players) like Ginelly have been absent for much of the last four years.

We've had two functional managers who value the system ahead of inspiration, which is why players like Ginelly, Peterson and Celina have been rapidly dispensed with.

I wonder how Morgan Whittaker might have fitted in....seems to be scoring at Plymouth

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Yates on 23:08 - Nov 5 with 852 viewsDr_Winston

Yates on 23:01 - Nov 5 by vetchonian

I wonder how Morgan Whittaker might have fitted in....seems to be scoring at Plymouth

Whittaker would have been a much better option on the right hand side of our attack (or perhaps shifting sides with Lowe) than Cullen. Sadly Russell Martin's absolute contempt for him resulted in MW's desire to be anywhere else regardless of who took over instead, and it's easy to understand why.

It's also interesting to note the lack of stories from Burnley about how disruptive Obafemi has been, or even the lack of similar stories from Swansea about Paterson now RM is no longer manager here.

It's almost as if the rumours at the time were total bullsh*t being fed into the general narrative by those close to the manager at the time in an attempt to justify his incompetence.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Yates on 05:36 - Nov 6 with 804 viewsjack247

It would depend on his attitude. The Whittaker who played for us last season would be utterly useless.

He’s more talented than either Cullen or Yates. If he had their mindset, he’d be at a bigger club than us or Plymouth.
Yates on 05:43 - Nov 6 with 802 viewsjack247

Yates on 21:35 - Nov 5 by Flashberryjack

If we are not playing to Yates strength, then either change our play to suit him, or don't play him at all, because ATM he's a square peg in a round hole.

I'd drop him, move Cullen into his position and play maybe Cooper as an attacking midfielder.

Thing is, we wouldn’t be playing to Cullens strengths either. They have similar strengths and weaknesses. Neither are target men.

Then it comes down to whether Cooper is a better option than Cullen on the right. He’s more dynamic and can go past people, but positionally he’s all over the place. Whoever is playing between Key and Ashby would be exposed.

There’s no doubt that both centre forward and right wing are problem positions right now. Square pegs is a fair description.
Yates on 08:04 - Nov 6 with 762 viewsWhiterockin

Yates on 23:08 - Nov 5 by Dr_Winston

Whittaker would have been a much better option on the right hand side of our attack (or perhaps shifting sides with Lowe) than Cullen. Sadly Russell Martin's absolute contempt for him resulted in MW's desire to be anywhere else regardless of who took over instead, and it's easy to understand why.

It's also interesting to note the lack of stories from Burnley about how disruptive Obafemi has been, or even the lack of similar stories from Swansea about Paterson now RM is no longer manager here.

It's almost as if the rumours at the time were total bullsh*t being fed into the general narrative by those close to the manager at the time in an attempt to justify his incompetence.

In fairness its difficult to judge with Obafemi, he's been out injured for four months and if he wasn't injured there was talk of Burnley loaning him out. I would say the jury is out on that one.
Yates on 08:43 - Nov 6 with 742 viewsonehunglow

We’ll never know,sadly.
We have missed a trick with this lad .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Yates on 08:49 - Nov 6 with 740 viewsRichardO

Yates on 05:43 - Nov 6 by jack247

Thing is, we wouldn’t be playing to Cullens strengths either. They have similar strengths and weaknesses. Neither are target men.

Then it comes down to whether Cooper is a better option than Cullen on the right. He’s more dynamic and can go past people, but positionally he’s all over the place. Whoever is playing between Key and Ashby would be exposed.

There’s no doubt that both centre forward and right wing are problem positions right now. Square pegs is a fair description.

Cooper has been moved all over the placethis year and last right wing, inside forward linking up on the left with Piroe or as defensive cover for Manning which I thought he did quite well and was used as last man at our attacking corners but hasn't cemented a place in the team because as yet the formation isn't quite right so we are all looking how to get the best out of players in the squad as is Duff
Yates on 08:57 - Nov 6 with 739 viewsjack247

Yates on 08:04 - Nov 6 by Whiterockin

In fairness its difficult to judge with Obafemi, he's been out injured for four months and if he wasn't injured there was talk of Burnley loaning him out. I would say the jury is out on that one.

Whittaker and Paterson both had form at their previous clubs. Duff is on record saying Whittaker asked to leave on his (Duffs) first day.

The change in Paterson under Duff, work rate wise, has been remarkable.
Login to get fewer ads

Yates on 09:07 - Nov 6 with 733 viewsjack247

Yates on 08:49 - Nov 6 by RichardO

Cooper has been moved all over the placethis year and last right wing, inside forward linking up on the left with Piroe or as defensive cover for Manning which I thought he did quite well and was used as last man at our attacking corners but hasn't cemented a place in the team because as yet the formation isn't quite right so we are all looking how to get the best out of players in the squad as is Duff

I’m never disappointed when he comes on, as it only happens when we’re chasing a goal and he’s more likely to go past a man and open up a defence than the players he comes on for, especially after they and the opposition defence has been playing an hour.

I think the way we play is a bit too rigid for him to start though, unless Paterson is unavailable. He doesn’t hold his position. His tackling worries me too.

If the front three was a bit more fluid, or as an impact sub, definitely.
Yates on 09:22 - Nov 6 with 711 viewsWhiterockin

Yates on 08:57 - Nov 6 by jack247

Whittaker and Paterson both had form at their previous clubs. Duff is on record saying Whittaker asked to leave on his (Duffs) first day.

The change in Paterson under Duff, work rate wise, has been remarkable.

How much of the change in Paterson is down to him needing a new contract.
Yates on 09:25 - Nov 6 with 698 viewsonehunglow

Yates on 09:22 - Nov 6 by Whiterockin

How much of the change in Paterson is down to him needing a new contract.

Could be but at this moment he has uses,whereas before he was anonymous .
Not one I’d offer another contract to but there again I wouldnt have given one to some other fan favourites .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Yates on 09:26 - Nov 6 with 697 viewsRichardO

Yates on 09:07 - Nov 6 by jack247

I’m never disappointed when he comes on, as it only happens when we’re chasing a goal and he’s more likely to go past a man and open up a defence than the players he comes on for, especially after they and the opposition defence has been playing an hour.

I think the way we play is a bit too rigid for him to start though, unless Paterson is unavailable. He doesn’t hold his position. His tackling worries me too.

If the front three was a bit more fluid, or as an impact sub, definitely.

With regard to tackling just trying to hard to impress at the moment he rarely got a card under Martin same could be said about Patino wonder if that was why he got the marching orders for Blackpool against us sure someone will remember.
Good point about his role starting in a rigid formation but that could have been said about a number of players the last three home games.
Yates on 10:01 - Nov 6 with 673 viewsjack247

Yates on 09:26 - Nov 6 by RichardO

With regard to tackling just trying to hard to impress at the moment he rarely got a card under Martin same could be said about Patino wonder if that was why he got the marching orders for Blackpool against us sure someone will remember.
Good point about his role starting in a rigid formation but that could have been said about a number of players the last three home games.

Absolutely. There’s no doubt it’s not doing Yates or Cullen any favours. You could quite easily make the argument that with Lowe and Cullen rarely coming far off their wings, it limits Paterson and Patino too.
Yates on 10:31 - Nov 6 with 657 viewsRichardO

Yates on 10:01 - Nov 6 by jack247

Absolutely. There’s no doubt it’s not doing Yates or Cullen any favours. You could quite easily make the argument that with Lowe and Cullen rarely coming far off their wings, it limits Paterson and Patino too.

Keeping shape to help the defensive but too rigid to relieve pressure on the defence. Quandary for Duff to resolve.
Yates on 10:42 - Nov 6 with 648 viewsWhiterockin

Yates on 10:31 - Nov 6 by RichardO

Keeping shape to help the defensive but too rigid to relieve pressure on the defence. Quandary for Duff to resolve.

Injuries have allowed some others to step up, like central defence and right back, not so much further forward. Duff has some big calls to make when some are back after the international break.
Yates on 10:54 - Nov 6 with 637 viewsjack247

Yates on 10:31 - Nov 6 by RichardO

Completely.

We concede a lot of chances, but not many goals. It’s a weird one. Either way, he needs to get us firing at the other end of the pitch.

Not sure if it was you, but I like the Key/Ashby down the right suggestion. Should both be positionally sound and will have more pace than Cullen. Plus it would free him or Yates up to come on for the other when they start to tire.
Yates on 11:12 - Nov 6 with 629 viewsRichardO

Yates on 10:54 - Nov 6 by jack247

Completely.

We concede a lot of chances, but not many goals. It’s a weird one. Either way, he needs to get us firing at the other end of the pitch.

Not sure if it was you, but I like the Key/Ashby down the right suggestion. Should both be positionally sound and will have more pace than Cullen. Plus it would free him or Yates up to come on for the other when they start to tire.

Have mentioned it regards Key and Ashby as have others, I also thought we looked better with Pederson on the left although some have said he struggled and looked slow at times but at the moment think he is a better all round defender than Tymon and haven't see any real reason why he has kept Pederson out of the team.
As for Yates, Cullen, Lowe and Paterson they could used as alternating two up front rotatingany two out of four as needed during games if we went to 4-4-2
[Post edited 6 Nov 2023 12:45]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024