Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yates 08:57 - Nov 5 with 4379 viewssw02sea

What does he bring to the party?
Answers please, as I haven’t got a clue.
Yates on 14:33 - Nov 5 with 942 viewsKeithHaynes

Yates on 14:29 - Nov 5 by jasper_T

For all the excuses made for him, he's struggling badly. If we hadn't had all the injuries I can't imagine he'd still be starting every game. Duff rightly dropped him earlier in the season for "not the answer" Cullen who did a better job.

Put Cullen up front and introduce Ashby on the right further forwards for me. When Key is fit of course.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Yates on 14:35 - Nov 5 with 942 viewsjack247

Yates on 14:26 - Nov 5 by Whiterockin

To get the best out of Yates I think we would need to play two up front with Cullen alongside him. The problem is that would leave us without defensive cover on the right unless we played a rigid 4 4 2.

I agree. Not necessarily Cullen, but he has to be playing off someone, or Lowe and Cullen need to be coming off their wings to support him more.

It’s not always about getting the best out of an individual, if playing him in a role that doesn’t, gets the best out of the team, but we aren’t getting the best out of Yates ,Cullen or the front four in general at the moment .

You’re right, there’s no perfect solution.
Yates on 14:40 - Nov 5 with 933 viewsjack247

Yates on 14:29 - Nov 5 by jasper_T

For all the excuses made for him, he's struggling badly. If we hadn't had all the injuries I can't imagine he'd still be starting every game. Duff rightly dropped him earlier in the season for "not the answer" Cullen who did a better job.

Of course he is. He will all season if we keep playing him a role he’s not physically suited to.

Very little to choose between Yates and Cullen for me, but Cullen can do a job out wide or in midfield, so Yates goes up front. We’re not getting the best out of him either.

I agree, with Ginelly fit, Cullen may well have Yates role.
Yates on 17:40 - Nov 5 with 853 viewssw02sea

This from Jackareme on scfc2 site, who always comes across as a knowledgeable, and eloquent poster:

“Talking of shocking wastes of money - Jerry Yates! What exactly does he bring to the party - pace, physicality, a decent first touch, holding the ball up, winning headers, linking play.....ANSWERS ON A POSTCARD!!!!!
Yates on 18:32 - Nov 5 with 829 viewsangryjack

Yates on 17:40 - Nov 5 by sw02sea

This from Jackareme on scfc2 site, who always comes across as a knowledgeable, and eloquent poster:

“Talking of shocking wastes of money - Jerry Yates! What exactly does he bring to the party - pace, physicality, a decent first touch, holding the ball up, winning headers, linking play.....ANSWERS ON A POSTCARD!!!!!

He's no good at any these plus his movement to make space non existent ,Bern saying it for weeks
Yates on 18:46 - Nov 5 with 820 viewsonehunglow

Yates on 18:32 - Nov 5 by angryjack

He's no good at any these plus his movement to make space non existent ,Bern saying it for weeks

Well,we are stuck with him me on mucker,rather like Fishy ( not being nasty just honest)
Right now, neither are attractive to other clubs

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Yates on 18:48 - Nov 5 with 817 viewsangryjack

Yates on 18:46 - Nov 5 by onehunglow

Well,we are stuck with him me on mucker,rather like Fishy ( not being nasty just honest)
Right now, neither are attractive to other clubs

Correct...Fisher is one worse kepers I have seen at the club
Yates on 18:52 - Nov 5 with 802 viewsonehunglow

Yates on 18:48 - Nov 5 by angryjack

Correct...Fisher is one worse kepers I have seen at the club

Think Ronnie Briggs the worst or Guthrie but for sheer weakness ( being kind) Fishy by far the worst .
When you see a much younger Rushworth bossing his area ,it makes one realise how badly the firmer coach shafted us by bringing this boy to us .

Not sure Jerry would attract many suitors right now though he dies run a lot and people will say it’s not his fault

Login to get fewer ads

Yates on 18:55 - Nov 5 with 793 viewsangryjack

Yates on 18:52 - Nov 5 by onehunglow

Think Ronnie Briggs the worst or Guthrie but for sheer weakness ( being kind) Fishy by far the worst .
When you see a much younger Rushworth bossing his area ,it makes one realise how badly the firmer coach shafted us by bringing this boy to us .

Not sure Jerry would attract many suitors right now though he dies run a lot and people will say it’s not his fault

Jerry reminds me of an 11 year old just running after ball wherever it is for sake of it .pointless running,he should be a bit more intelligent
Yates on 19:15 - Nov 5 with 768 viewsonehunglow

Yates on 18:55 - Nov 5 by angryjack

Jerry reminds me of an 11 year old just running after ball wherever it is for sake of it .pointless running,he should be a bit more intelligent

I don't want to appear a jerk or nasty

Yates on 19:23 - Nov 5 with 749 viewsFireboy2

And there they are, the negative lot present themselves..

We have a positive result after a negative occasion and it takes 24 hrs for them to show up.

Sad really.

They just can't help themselves
Yates on 19:33 - Nov 5 with 743 viewsangryjack

Yates on 19:23 - Nov 5 by Fireboy2

We have a positive result after a negative occasion and it takes 24 hrs for them to show up.

Sad really.

Just commenting on a yates post mush..,not negative just making observations on the player and as more and more people are seeing what I been seeing..
Yates on 19:34 - Nov 5 with 743 viewsjack247

Genuinely hope Duff figures out a way of playing Yates to his strengths without weakening us in midfield or narrowing our attack too much. Same goes for Cullen really.
Yates on 19:35 - Nov 5 with 742 viewsReslovenSwan1

He is a goalscorer who is not scoring at the moment. He is a player that takes chances more often than not and does not panic in the 'red zone'.

People will often ask "but what else does he do other than win tight football matches?"

He is either "not getting into positions to score" (Alan Shearer favourite - spending too much time outside the 6 yard box ) or " the team is not creating chances for him" depending on the narrative.

He may be better as one of a pair. He had big Madine with him last season. He scores penalties.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Yates on 19:39 - Nov 5 with 739 viewsonehunglow

Yates on 19:23 - Nov 5 by Fireboy2

Sad really.

Very simply, a most pitiful post Dear God, are we no better than this , picking on other fans of the club we all love
It turns my stomach to see this abject dross masquerading as respectful contribution to this thread and site
Angry man is posting his opinions , now there's exactly the wrong option

Yates on 19:43 - Nov 5 with 737 viewsDr_Winston

To play to Yates' strengths we need a better option on the right than Cullen.

That was obviously the original intention with Ginnelly. Perhaps Duff needs to be braver and bring in a proper wide player from the youth in his absence.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Yates on 19:44 - Nov 5 with 735 viewsonehunglow

Yates on 19:43 - Nov 5 by Dr_Winston

That was obviously the original intention with Ginnelly. Perhaps Duff needs to be braver and bring in a proper wide player from the youth in his absence.

Now that is fair comment

Yates on 19:52 - Nov 5 with 729 viewsjack247

Yates on 19:43 - Nov 5 by Dr_Winston

First sentence is 100% right.. He’s an intelligent player and he can probably fill in most positions.

He’s not particularly quick or tricky though. He doesn’t (yet, as it may be experience) have the Routledge ability to compensate for that by drifting into clever positions unmarked.

Good player, but he needs to be in and around the box.

The Key and Ashby suggestion is intriguing. Both can run at defenders and could easily cover each other/swap positions whenever needed.
Yates on 20:26 - Nov 5 with 700 viewsDr_Winston

Yates on 19:52 - Nov 5 by jack247

First sentence is 100% right.. He’s an intelligent player and he can probably fill in most positions.

He’s not particularly quick or tricky though. He doesn’t (yet, as it may be experience) have the Routledge ability to compensate for that by drifting into clever positions unmarked.

Good player, but he needs to be in and around the box.

The Key and Ashby suggestion is intriguing. Both can run at defenders and could easily cover each other/swap positions whenever needed.

At the moment we're basically playing two central strikers in an attacking three. It vaguely resembles the old 4-3-3 that Brian Flynn used to like, and doesn't work much better.

Yates does what he can as a targetman, but that's not his game. He's the proverbial "fox in the box". Unfortunately we have a large contingent who seem to think that all strikers are identical with identical skillsets and that all should flourish regardless of the circumstances.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2023 20:27]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Yates on 20:50 - Nov 5 with 679 viewsFireboy2

Yates on 19:33 - Nov 5 by angryjack

Just commenting on a yates post mush..,not negative just making observations on the player and as more and more people are seeing what I been seeing..

But you don't normally post when we win or like yesterday we get a draw and do well.

I've been through this.
Yates on 21:35 - Nov 5 with 639 viewsFlashberryjack

Yates on 20:26 - Nov 5 by Dr_Winston

At the moment we're basically playing two central strikers in an attacking three. It vaguely resembles the old 4-3-3 that Brian Flynn used to like, and doesn't work much better.

Yates does what he can as a targetman, but that's not his game. He's the proverbial "fox in the box". Unfortunately we have a large contingent who seem to think that all strikers are identical with identical skillsets and that all should flourish regardless of the circumstances.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2023 20:27]

If we are not playing to Yates strength, then either change our play to suit him, or don't play him at all, because ATM he's a square peg in a round hole.

I'd drop him, move Cullen into his position and play maybe Cooper as an attacking midfielder.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Yates on 21:37 - Nov 5 with 638 viewsFireboy2

Yates on 21:35 - Nov 5 by Flashberryjack

If we are not playing to Yates strength, then either change our play to suit him, or don't play him at all, because ATM he's a square peg in a round hole.

I'd drop him, move Cullen into his position and play maybe Cooper as an attacking midfielder.

I think atm it's all hands to the decks.
Yates on 22:26 - Nov 5 with 616 viewsDr_Winston

Yates on 21:35 - Nov 5 by Flashberryjack

But playing Cullen ahead of Yates doesn't improve things because Cullen isn't as good. If anything his piss poor first touch makes him an even worse option as a hold up striker.

We don't need to change our play. Just our personnel. We can play the same way that we are now, we just need to have someone wide right who is actually capable of carrying out the role.

Yates on 22:32 - Nov 5 with 612 viewsFireboy2

Yates on 22:26 - Nov 5 by Dr_Winston

But playing Cullen ahead of Yates doesn't improve things because Cullen isn't as good. If anything his piss poor first touch makes him an even worse option as a hold up striker.

We don't need to change our play. Just our personnel. We can play the same way that we are now, we just need to have someone wide right who is actually capable of carrying out the role.

This ^

Ginnelly is a massive miss.
Yates on 22:42 - Nov 5 with 609 viewsDr_Winston

Yates on 22:32 - Nov 5 by Fireboy2

This ^

Ginnelly is a massive miss.

As has been obvious since mid-September. In fact, a player (or players) like Ginelly have been absent for much of the last four years.

We've had two functional managers who value the system ahead of inspiration, which is why players like Ginelly, Peterson and Celina have been rapidly dispensed with.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024