Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spain B 1, England A 0. 13:05 - Aug 20 with 7213 viewsbuilthjack

Imagine if they had put their A team out.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 19:59 - Aug 21 with 548 viewsguthrieintherain

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 19:25 - Aug 21 by jack247

There are literally no assertions in that post. You’ve said many times you support England against foreign teams. I don’t know what you mean by ‘I don’t not ‘support’ England.

Telling people to ‘grow up’ because they don’t support a fellow British team against a foreign team is sanctimonious. It’s none of your concern. Just as it’s none of mine who you or anyone else wants to win.

I was barely born just after the Falklands, but my observation on that is it is more than crossing the line. The stuff fans of English and Welsh clubs chant at each other now isn’t in my opinion. I’m not offended by chants about losing to Iran, just pointing out it happens more or less every game.

Yes I think we are on about 2 totally different sets of circumstance here.

It's bound to be a different reaction with 2000 odd away fans playing in Wales to watching a game in a pub or around friends or family houses.

The bottom line is though I am to old to care about whether England win or lose now.

In my 20s/30s when I lived in Wales I did but now my family is mostly English so would rather see them happy as opposed to supporting a foreign team.

All seems a bit childish these days perhaps I am mellowing in my old age.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2023 20:02]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 20:00 - Aug 21 with 543 viewsguthrieintherain

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 19:54 - Aug 21 by trampie

Are you doing the fantasy football this year guthrieintherain ?

Yes I am in mate.

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 20:04 - Aug 21 with 524 viewstrampie

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 19:02 - Aug 21 by onehunglow

What!
You,like some others totally make wrong assertions . It’s painful to see.

Allow me…I don’t not “ support” England. Please relay this to others.
I just fail to see the obsession with wanting them to lose to foreign teams.
I’ve been at grounds when our lot were chanting Argentina not long after the Falklands war.
Any observations on that .

This site is all about exchanging opinions and not personal abuse ,however subtle.

I seem to recall a story of valley commando's coming back from a day on the pop in Porthcawl stopping off in Port Talbot and being on top of the tables chanting 'Argentina Argentina' as the Argies beat the English in 86, Anybody But England init butt and nobody was able to stop them

It's quite common for many in this part of the World to want Argentina to beat England, England being viewed as imperialists and Argentina just another team playing the old enemy.

Yes Argentina chants was common but fans of English teams chanting Aberfan was common and that was children killed, I was at Old Trafford when the Swans reached the top division for the first time and Northern folk up there were singing it then and that was before the Falklands war.

So there we are butt before the Falklands war that is what English fans were chanting about, WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 20:12 - Aug 21 with 504 viewsjack247

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 19:59 - Aug 21 by guthrieintherain

It's bound to be a different reaction with 2000 odd away fans playing in Wales to watching a game in a pub or around friends or family houses.

The bottom line is though I am to old to care about whether England win or lose now.

In my 20s/30s when I lived in Wales I did but now my family is mostly English so would rather see them happy as opposed to supporting a foreign team.

Absolutely no issue with that at all. I think I’d have a different view if I had English born children or an English wife too.

I do take issue with OHLs sanctimony and the condescending manner he has got his point across on this particular thread. At the same time, I’m caught between embarrassment and amusement at some of the tripe the Welsh nationalists have been spouting.

Surely everyone gets to make their own call who they want to win these games. No one can argue with that?
Spain B 1, England A 0. on 20:12 - Aug 21 with 504 viewstrampie

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 20:00 - Aug 21 by guthrieintherain

Yes I am in mate.

I've got Gabriel on the bench for the gunners again tonight, I'm going to have to get rid of him.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 20:16 - Aug 21 with 493 viewsRhonddaSwans

New Chat LIONS F*CKED UP THEY F*CKED IT UP THEY F*CKED IT ...
FOLLOWED BY LIONESSES F*CKED IT UP THEY F*CKED IT UP!

Then we take a breath and ENGLAND F*CKED IT UP???

Sorry about the language but it is the chant with a new spin 😂

I am glad they lost I was missing talksport , the English media is their teams worst enemy. They pilled the pressure on a side that was gliding through a tournament.

Last week they were even saying Sarina could take southgates job ,
Its the first World cup since 66 (even though they are not related in any way)
Then if they had won it every game on the tele would be.
The 66 goal and then the lioness goal 🤢.

I respect the Womens game for what it is.
But I dont like the propaganda put out there on it 'don't compare to the mens game' few wins later, 'now compare it to the mens game' like its actually
the same thing.
If a woman says she hates mens football I don't care.
The other way around the man is demonsed again.
England are the enemy end of if you now like England winning anything you have lost your spark in life not 'mellowed out'
[Post edited 21 Aug 2023 21:36]

Poll: what is more Exciting

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 20:19 - Aug 21 with 487 viewsguthrieintherain

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 20:12 - Aug 21 by jack247

Absolutely no issue with that at all. I think I’d have a different view if I had English born children or an English wife too.

I do take issue with OHLs sanctimony and the condescending manner he has got his point across on this particular thread. At the same time, I’m caught between embarrassment and amusement at some of the tripe the Welsh nationalists have been spouting.

Surely everyone gets to make their own call who they want to win these games. No one can argue with that?

Yes I agree it's a personal choice can't see what difference it makes really.

Just thought it was a bit mean spirited for a few to take such joy out of England ladies losing..

Especially when you look at the state of Welsh football beaten by Iran and Armenia recently.

We are in no position to laugh at anybody bar oueselves if we are honest.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2023 20:22]

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 20:21 - Aug 21 with 474 viewsonehunglow

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 20:19 - Aug 21 by guthrieintherain

Just thought it was a bit mean spirited for a few to take such joy out of England ladies losing..

Especially when you look at the state of Welsh football beaten by Iran and Armenia recently.

Absolutely and criticising one’s own country is not being” disloyal” ,in fact it’s a right .

Wales were embarrassing . Fact.

Schadenfreude is no substitute

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 20:24 - Aug 21 with 445 viewsjack247

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 20:19 - Aug 21 by guthrieintherain

Personally I was relieved. Didn’t take any joy out of it or try to detract from the achievement. I know some people got a bit petty.

However you look at it, winning the Euros and reaching the World Cup final is phenomenal.

Coventry fans chanting ‘it’s coming home’ Saturday. I just know what every game for the foreseeable would have been like had they won it.

Happy they lost, but well done to them.
Spain B 1, England A 0. on 20:26 - Aug 21 with 437 viewsonehunglow

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 19:59 - Aug 21 by guthrieintherain

It’s the same here .
Watching your wife’s country play and hoping she is disappointed is plain weird .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 20:55 - Aug 21 with 411 viewsbuilthjack

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 20:26 - Aug 21 by onehunglow

It’s the same here .
Watching your wife’s country play and hoping she is disappointed is plain weird .

You should have married a Spaniard.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 20:57 - Aug 21 with 402 viewstrampie

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 20:55 - Aug 21 by builthjack

That's a good one fair play.

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 19:50 - Aug 22 with 282 viewsKilkennyjack

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 20:55 - Aug 21 by builthjack

Exactly.

Beware of the Risen People

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024