Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spain B 1, England A 0. 13:05 - Aug 20 with 7197 viewsbuilthjack

Imagine if they had put their A team out.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 18:19 - Aug 20 with 647 viewsReslovenSwan1

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 17:54 - Aug 20 by Gwyn737

So success would have been winning the last Euros and today’s World Cup final against teams that you think would have been appropriate in a manner you think was appropriate by a score you think would be appropriate?

Thankfully the thousands of girls knocking on the door of grassroots clubs and trialing for further newly formed school teams won’t be knocked by the insecurities of those in other countries looking on.

If your welsh identity is based on being ABE then the world is a small place.

It is your Welsh identity I wonder about. This identity believes that any self respecting Welsh person would, (given an English grandmother) play for England if they were any good. This to your sub group is beyond all logical argument. We are all Brits s a Welshman or Woman should play for the best version of Brutishness (England)

You also see filthy ethnic slurs as something we Welsh should take in and preferably engage with despite the fact it is called by the law of the land as "racially aggravated disorderly conduct". At the same time this sub group is steadfast against any ethnic slurs against any other group of people. Your argument against this obvious evil is a technical one. This was Welsh are not a race of ethnic group and we are in fact English. Putin (coincidentally) believes all Ukrainians are actually Russian.

The logic is clear. All Welsh people are pretty much English so we should support England.
The English have proved once again the public expectation and pressure is simply too much.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 18:20 - Aug 20 with 652 viewsdna

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 14:20 - Aug 20 by Kilkennyjack

That Prince William bloke was too busy to go apparently.

If I was married to her I'd be too busy too!!!
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 18:23]
Spain B 1, England A 0. on 18:24 - Aug 20 with 633 viewsKilkennyjack

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 18:20 - Aug 20 by dna

If I was married to her I'd be too busy too!!!
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 18:23]

Thats his girlfriend, not his wife mind …

Beware of the Risen People

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 18:24 - Aug 20 with 630 viewsWhiterockin

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 18:11 - Aug 20 by jack247

England sporting teams. I don’t care what the sport is

I think when people read through this thread they will be amazed at some narrow minded posts of a few. Surely a successful sports team, any team, that young girls can be inspired by, yes even Welsh girls are inspired by English success. This has to be beneficial and more important than petty rivalries, if we all want to live in progressive world. Before you criticise and you will, take two minutes to think that possibly you may be wrong.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 18:30 - Aug 20 with 592 viewsTreforys_Jack

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 18:24 - Aug 20 by Whiterockin

I think when people read through this thread they will be amazed at some narrow minded posts of a few. Surely a successful sports team, any team, that young girls can be inspired by, yes even Welsh girls are inspired by English success. This has to be beneficial and more important than petty rivalries, if we all want to live in progressive world. Before you criticise and you will, take two minutes to think that possibly you may be wrong.

It's pathetic rockin, the same suspects and their xenophobic agendas. Barely post on Swans threads, they see a nationalistic thread and their all over it. They must be very insecure.
Spain B 1, England A 0. on 18:32 - Aug 20 with 579 viewsGwyn737

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 18:06 - Aug 20 by guthrieintherain

Yes with an English family who always want wales to do well I find these posts a bit sad to be honest could even say slightly spiteful.

I watched the game and to see the grandkids getting upset over it and then reading this from grown men.

Each to there own but I don't get it.

Get a ball in front of them!!!
Spain B 1, England A 0. on 18:34 - Aug 20 with 569 viewsdna

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 18:24 - Aug 20 by Kilkennyjack

Thats his girlfriend, not his wife mind …

Oops, must have been living under a rock, didn't know he had one - runs in the family I suppose
Spain B 1, England A 0. on 18:37 - Aug 20 with 556 viewsjack247

No one is wrong. As I’ve said earlier, no issue at all with people supporting them or otherwise. It’s not my place to tell people who to support, it’s not yours either.

Certainly the Lionesses have worked wonders as role models. I said that on a similar thread yesterday too.

Would you support Englands men in a World Cup final?
Login to get fewer ads

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 18:45 - Aug 20 with 551 viewsGwyn737

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 18:19 - Aug 20 by ReslovenSwan1

It is your Welsh identity I wonder about. This identity believes that any self respecting Welsh person would, (given an English grandmother) play for England if they were any good. This to your sub group is beyond all logical argument. We are all Brits s a Welshman or Woman should play for the best version of Brutishness (England)

You also see filthy ethnic slurs as something we Welsh should take in and preferably engage with despite the fact it is called by the law of the land as "racially aggravated disorderly conduct". At the same time this sub group is steadfast against any ethnic slurs against any other group of people. Your argument against this obvious evil is a technical one. This was Welsh are not a race of ethnic group and we are in fact English. Putin (coincidentally) believes all Ukrainians are actually Russian.

The logic is clear. All Welsh people are pretty much English so we should support England.
The English have proved once again the public expectation and pressure is simply too much.

I’m sure you do question my identity as I don’t fit your racial profiling. (4 generations with 12 miles of Swansea but not a red hair, freckle or patch of pale skin between us).

As for the chant, I’ve never supported it (I don’t care a sing it about myself as a badge of honour). As you well know I’ve called it xenophobic. My issue is it’s not racist. Because it’s not.

I’ve also be clear I’d be perfectly happy for them to lose the final, mainly to stop the accompanying media blanket.

What I am able to do is see these as humans who’ve both done good and performed well. They’ve been a credit to their country. Well done to them.

My welshness is not dependent on being nasty to England. I call that a strength.
Spain B 1, England A 0. on 18:50 - Aug 20 with 528 viewsGwyn737

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 18:37 - Aug 20 by jack247

No one is wrong. As I’ve said earlier, no issue at all with people supporting them or otherwise. It’s not my place to tell people who to support, it’s not yours either.

Certainly the Lionesses have worked wonders as role models. I said that on a similar thread yesterday too.

Would you support Englands men in a World Cup final?

Personally I wouldn’t.

That’s because I don’t see the positives of them winning it. Completely different situation with the girls.
Spain B 1, England A 0. on 18:51 - Aug 20 with 514 viewsjack247

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 18:45 - Aug 20 by Gwyn737

I’m sure you do question my identity as I don’t fit your racial profiling. (4 generations with 12 miles of Swansea but not a red hair, freckle or patch of pale skin between us).

As for the chant, I’ve never supported it (I don’t care a sing it about myself as a badge of honour). As you well know I’ve called it xenophobic. My issue is it’s not racist. Because it’s not.

I’ve also be clear I’d be perfectly happy for them to lose the final, mainly to stop the accompanying media blanket.

What I am able to do is see these as humans who’ve both done good and performed well. They’ve been a credit to their country. Well done to them.

My welshness is not dependent on being nasty to England. I call that a strength.

Last but one paragraph, 100% agree. Said yesterday the players you see doing media are all likeable and come across very well. It’s without doubt a fantastic sporting achievement.

I’ve never supported English teams at football or rugby though and don’t see this any differently.

None of my English mates have ever had an issue with that, hope you lose, beer after the game either way.
Spain B 1, England A 0. on 18:52 - Aug 20 with 512 viewsKilkennyjack

Why cant the winning Spanish players inspire our Welsh girls ?

They were much better than England today.

🇪🇸🤝🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 18:53 - Aug 20 with 505 viewsKilkennyjack

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 18:34 - Aug 20 by dna

Oops, must have been living under a rock, didn't know he had one - runs in the family I suppose

He is also holding … ahem …. A peg ….

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 18:54 - Aug 20 with 504 viewstrampie

Do people think that Lauren James is a good role model ? after her sending off for a stamp on a prone opponent lying on the floor .

The spin around England is amazing.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 18:54 - Aug 20 with 504 viewsGwyn737

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 18:52 - Aug 20 by Kilkennyjack

Why cant the winning Spanish players inspire our Welsh girls ?

They were much better than England today.

🇪🇸🤝🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Because they speak a different language, live in the main far away and don’t appear in out media.

When girls get into the sport then they will.

It’s not hard.
Spain B 1, England A 0. on 18:54 - Aug 20 with 498 viewsjack247

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 18:50 - Aug 20 by Gwyn737

Personally I wouldn’t.

That’s because I don’t see the positives of them winning it. Completely different situation with the girls.

I’m not with you there.

In terms of being role models, getting kids into sport etc. the England men’s team winning the World Cup would have a much bigger impact.
Spain B 1, England A 0. on 18:57 - Aug 20 with 489 viewsKilkennyjack

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 14:59 - Aug 20 by raynor94

If Wales had actually qualified for the tournament I could understand the gloating.

This tournament has been a breath of fresh air, and a massive win for girls and women's football.

And England have played a big part in it.

European champions an WC runners up, an achievement not to be sniffed at

🤣

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 19:00 - Aug 20 with 481 viewsGwyn737

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 18:54 - Aug 20 by jack247

I’m not with you there.

In terms of being role models, getting kids into sport etc. the England men’s team winning the World Cup would have a much bigger impact.

I doesn’t need the help. It’s already the most popular boys participation sport by a country mile.

Any boy who wants a team can pretty much find one.

It’s not as if the England men fly under the radar anyway. Most of them are on the box a couple of times a week.

The premier league is practically ubiquitous. It’s got it’s own channels.
Spain B 1, England A 0. on 19:03 - Aug 20 with 468 viewsKilkennyjack

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 18:54 - Aug 20 by Gwyn737

Because they speak a different language, live in the main far away and don’t appear in out media.

When girls get into the sport then they will.

It’s not hard.

Well the 1970s Brasil team inspired my school friends.
Not the USA team.

Its almost like language does not matter.
Its not hard.

Spain will inspire cos they are the best. 🇪🇸
The internet age will help this.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 19:03]

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 19:03 - Aug 20 with 466 viewsjack247

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 19:00 - Aug 20 by Gwyn737

I doesn’t need the help. It’s already the most popular boys participation sport by a country mile.

Any boy who wants a team can pretty much find one.

It’s not as if the England men fly under the radar anyway. Most of them are on the box a couple of times a week.

The premier league is practically ubiquitous. It’s got it’s own channels.

You can’t seriously think them winning the World Cup wouldn’t create an explosion of interest in kids of both sexes?
Spain B 1, England A 0. on 19:10 - Aug 20 with 448 viewsKilkennyjack

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 19:03 - Aug 20 by jack247

You can’t seriously think them winning the World Cup wouldn’t create an explosion of interest in kids of both sexes?

Spain will inspire the welsh kids.

Or is the argument now that only England can inspire….?

Australia take a bow for hosting it.
That inspires.

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 19:12 - Aug 20 with 438 viewstrampie

Why can't English and Welsh girls be inspired by the Spanish ladies?
People of a certain generation over here was inspired by Pele and he was Brazilian.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 19:15 - Aug 20 with 437 viewsGwyn737

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 19:03 - Aug 20 by Kilkennyjack

Well the 1970s Brasil team inspired my school friends.
Not the USA team.

Its almost like language does not matter.
Its not hard.

Spain will inspire cos they are the best. 🇪🇸
The internet age will help this.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 19:03]

I’d have thought the 1966 team would have inspired more. Obviously top players will always inspire.

Mind you I can’t image your school friend being prepared to be Bobby Moore. Him being English and all.
Spain B 1, England A 0. on 19:16 - Aug 20 with 436 viewsjack247

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 19:10 - Aug 20 by Kilkennyjack

Spain will inspire the welsh kids.

Or is the argument now that only England can inspire….?

Australia take a bow for hosting it.
That inspires.

No, they won’t.

There’s no doubt them winning the tournament would have got more girls into football. Spain winning it won’t do that.

England getting to the final and winning the Euros will have done a pretty good job as it is.

I didn’t want them to win, as I didn’t want the men to win in Qatar and hope their rugby team struggles in their World Cup. I’d be the same with Cardiff teams.

Spain winning it will inspire Spanish kids.
Spain B 1, England A 0. on 19:18 - Aug 20 with 433 viewsGwyn737

Spain B 1, England A 0. on 19:03 - Aug 20 by jack247

I wonder how many boys there are are still to reach?

It would be good for the girls I’m sure but nothing like seeing the girls do it.

There’s also not all the baggage.

I watched the Columbia game in a pool in Spain on a big screen. All ages of men, women and children in there. Nobody steaming drunk, no aggro, no daft chants.

I doubt it would have been like that for the men’s team,
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 19:19]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024