Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... 13:04 - Apr 2 with 7017 views1885_SFC

Old School is Cool

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 16:03 - Apr 2 with 1551 viewskentsouthampton

Yet another plucky defeat.
West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 16:10 - Apr 2 with 1514 viewsmushinexile

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 15:38 - Apr 2 by Heisenberg

Some would say Championship level.

optimistically.
West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 16:10 - Apr 2 with 1507 viewsUlsterBaz

In a Premier League season where there have been so many mediocre sides, to be bottom of the pile is quite an achievement.
West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 16:23 - Apr 2 with 1438 viewssaintwizzler

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 16:02 - Apr 2 by BuenosSaint

I was thinking that too especially during the bollox 3 minute delay which affected the run of play a lot.
Maybe sfc ref can clarify. Because all the advancing offside players must put off the keeper. How can they not be interfering? They weren't turning back.

The goal was given, end of story.
We just ain’t good enough.
Bought too many average players.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 16:27 - Apr 2 with 1412 viewssaint22

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 16:10 - Apr 2 by UlsterBaz

In a Premier League season where there have been so many mediocre sides, to be bottom of the pile is quite an achievement.

Limp defeats to those around us will do for us
No point beating Chelsea If you can’t beat Leeds etc
Bye PL
West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 16:29 - Apr 2 with 1414 views1885_SFC

I've just listened to JWP's post-match interview on Solent.

The lad obviously has his head up his arse, sadly.

Old School is Cool

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 17:43 - Apr 2 with 1268 viewsGRIM

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 13:06 - Apr 2 by saintwizzler

Is Djenepo injured?

I agree Djennepo might be frustrating but he's much better than most of those on the bench.
Also where's Edozie, he looked really promising early season, but has not been seen since Selles took over.
We bought 4 players in the January transfer window, none starting, 3 are on the bench & James Bree not in sight.
Surely when we bring in new players they should be better than what we have, if not why buy them.
We have wasted so much money.
We've had 3 managers this season & the results/ performances have been the same for all 3 managers, that tells us something.
It's not the managers it's the players, they just ain't good enough.
I think this squad will struggle next season in the Championship.
West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 17:48 - Apr 2 with 1257 viewsSouthamptonfan

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 17:43 - Apr 2 by GRIM

I agree Djennepo might be frustrating but he's much better than most of those on the bench.
Also where's Edozie, he looked really promising early season, but has not been seen since Selles took over.
We bought 4 players in the January transfer window, none starting, 3 are on the bench & James Bree not in sight.
Surely when we bring in new players they should be better than what we have, if not why buy them.
We have wasted so much money.
We've had 3 managers this season & the results/ performances have been the same for all 3 managers, that tells us something.
It's not the managers it's the players, they just ain't good enough.
I think this squad will struggle next season in the Championship.

It's the players for sure. They are useless.

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Login to get fewer ads

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 18:18 - Apr 2 with 1190 viewskingslandstand1

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 16:29 - Apr 2 by 1885_SFC

I've just listened to JWP's post-match interview on Solent.

The lad obviously has his head up his arse, sadly.

Depends who wrote his script I'd guess
West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 18:30 - Apr 2 with 1168 views1885_SFC

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 18:18 - Apr 2 by kingslandstand1

Depends who wrote his script I'd guess

He definitely did... with a bit of help from Selles Same old same old blurb:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0fdfzbn

Old School is Cool

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 19:23 - Apr 2 with 1098 viewsRon11

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 14:54 - Apr 2 by 10i

That's what Selles should Do - Alcaraz, Sulemana and Onuachu on. But i guess there's Zero Chance He does.

Why is it that we can all see that - they should have started the game instead of three that should not have even been on the bench - Mara, Walcott and Elyounoussi. What was the the thinking behind this idiocy? We''ve had it all season, bizarre team choices and tactics, an unbelievable managerial appointment of the biggest idiot the premier has ever seen and now back to unreal tactics and team selection. Unbelievable.
West Ham looked slow and ponderous at the back, it needed someone like Djenepo to run at them and terrorise them and a big canny striker like Onuachu to get above them. What did we get? Mara.
Just incompetent madness, give Rodgers a call. Never thought I'd ever say that.
West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 20:08 - Apr 2 with 1047 viewssaint22

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 19:23 - Apr 2 by Ron11

Why is it that we can all see that - they should have started the game instead of three that should not have even been on the bench - Mara, Walcott and Elyounoussi. What was the the thinking behind this idiocy? We''ve had it all season, bizarre team choices and tactics, an unbelievable managerial appointment of the biggest idiot the premier has ever seen and now back to unreal tactics and team selection. Unbelievable.
West Ham looked slow and ponderous at the back, it needed someone like Djenepo to run at them and terrorise them and a big canny striker like Onuachu to get above them. What did we get? Mara.

Once again Ron, nail on head!

We can call fkn Guardiola no one can save us now, we are down

Lost to Leeds forest and West Ham with completely inept effortless performances

Embarrassing from top to bottom this season
West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 21:37 - Apr 2 with 942 viewscocklebreath

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 19:23 - Apr 2 by Ron11

I was watching thinking Westham are terrible, we were winning the midfield but instead of looking to attack we’d go sideways or backwards, gutless football.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 22:14 - Apr 2 with 920 viewsRon11

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 21:37 - Apr 2 by cocklebreath

I was watching thinking Westham are terrible, we were winning the midfield but instead of looking to attack we’d go sideways or backwards, gutless football.

Absolutely, West Ham were very poor, even Ings didn't do a lot.
Defeat snatched from the jaws of victory.
West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 07:30 - Apr 3 with 796 viewsSalisburySaint

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 22:14 - Apr 2 by Ron11

Absolutely, West Ham were very poor, even Ings didn't do a lot.
Defeat snatched from the jaws of victory.

Exactly as we have done in too many games this season, there are so many poor teams in the league this season but we have managed to lose to most of them.

The performances in particular against Wolves and Villa home and away, Palace league, Leeds , West Ham and Forest are the reason we quite rightly bottom

Our biggest issue which has been our lack of attacking threat, once again loads of possession but little end product, this has been the case for last 2 or 3 seasons, which most on here have pointed out on many occasions but the club has failed to address.

Unless the can start scoring more goals, we will struggle to in the Championship too.

Just hope the club invests in a proven goalscorer with the proceeds from selling Lavia, JWP, KWP and others in the summer.
West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 07:36 - Apr 3 with 791 viewsPatfromPoole

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 07:30 - Apr 3 by SalisburySaint

Exactly as we have done in too many games this season, there are so many poor teams in the league this season but we have managed to lose to most of them.

The performances in particular against Wolves and Villa home and away, Palace league, Leeds , West Ham and Forest are the reason we quite rightly bottom

Our biggest issue which has been our lack of attacking threat, once again loads of possession but little end product, this has been the case for last 2 or 3 seasons, which most on here have pointed out on many occasions but the club has failed to address.

Unless the can start scoring more goals, we will struggle to in the Championship too.

Just hope the club invests in a proven goalscorer with the proceeds from selling Lavia, JWP, KWP and others in the summer.

Colby Bishop from the Skates would brighten the summer…….

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 08:06 - Apr 3 with 770 viewsMrangry25

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 21:37 - Apr 2 by cocklebreath

All the while you have our so-called Captain and one-trick-pony JWP, Eliuseless in the midfield and Mara and Walcott up front you are gonna lose. Yes JWP may be good at free kicks, corners, goal kicks and anything else you can do with a dead ball but his first thought is always a backward or sideways pass, yesterday was embarassing. Eliuseless is an absolute fraud and alongside Mara probably the worst player we have had don a Saints shirt, god help us if that idiot is still playing for us next season.
The West Ham game was a must win for the Saints to give themselves a chance to stay in this top loaded league and they blew it.
I for one will not miss the premiership it has become a monster where you have to spend billions to eat at the top table. The football is not honest but has been turned into a cheat fest where the best diving and injury feining is rewarded and not called out for what it is, kids now think it is ok to roll around on the floor holding your face when you get a little tap on the ankle. I have watched a few games from the championship this season and whilst some would say the class is not there, what is there is a bit of heart and a will to win, unlike what I witnessed from Saints yesterday.
West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 09:35 - Apr 3 with 725 viewsRon11

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 08:06 - Apr 3 by Mrangry25

All the while you have our so-called Captain and one-trick-pony JWP, Eliuseless in the midfield and Mara and Walcott up front you are gonna lose. Yes JWP may be good at free kicks, corners, goal kicks and anything else you can do with a dead ball but his first thought is always a backward or sideways pass, yesterday was embarassing. Eliuseless is an absolute fraud and alongside Mara probably the worst player we have had don a Saints shirt, god help us if that idiot is still playing for us next season.
The West Ham game was a must win for the Saints to give themselves a chance to stay in this top loaded league and they blew it.
I for one will not miss the premiership it has become a monster where you have to spend billions to eat at the top table. The football is not honest but has been turned into a cheat fest where the best diving and injury feining is rewarded and not called out for what it is, kids now think it is ok to roll around on the floor holding your face when you get a little tap on the ankle. I have watched a few games from the championship this season and whilst some would say the class is not there, what is there is a bit of heart and a will to win, unlike what I witnessed from Saints yesterday.

Another thing we have all seen from past games this season is Ward Prowse looking a fair bit more effective (and scoring a couple) when played further forward..as I said elsewhere, we've all seen this, and I assume most of us would keep it going if it produced some goals.But no, played deep again and back to sideways.
There's no doubt we have some good players, but the likes of Onuachu,Alacaraz and Edozie should have started yesterday - Mara and Elynoussi as usual contributed next to nothing and Walcott tried hard but is well past his best. In the short time he had on the pitch, Onuachu posed a threat, and unluckily hit the bar. Imagine the difference if he had started the game. Instead of having next to nothing to do, the West Ham defence would have been very busy.
I can't lay the blame 100% at the door of the players. Selles decisions and team choice must take a fair bit of the blame for yesterday.
West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 09:59 - Apr 3 with 711 viewsMrangry25

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 09:35 - Apr 3 by Ron11

Another thing we have all seen from past games this season is Ward Prowse looking a fair bit more effective (and scoring a couple) when played further forward..as I said elsewhere, we've all seen this, and I assume most of us would keep it going if it produced some goals.But no, played deep again and back to sideways.
There's no doubt we have some good players, but the likes of Onuachu,Alacaraz and Edozie should have started yesterday - Mara and Elynoussi as usual contributed next to nothing and Walcott tried hard but is well past his best. In the short time he had on the pitch, Onuachu posed a threat, and unluckily hit the bar. Imagine the difference if he had started the game. Instead of having next to nothing to do, the West Ham defence would have been very busy.
I can't lay the blame 100% at the door of the players. Selles decisions and team choice must take a fair bit of the blame for yesterday.

I would tend to agree Ron11 with JWP in a more attacking role but it does beg the question why does he feel it necessary to be so negative even when he is not playing in that position, it also begs the question about Selles and the rest of the coaching staff and what they actually do during weekly training.
As I said I won’t miss the Prem league and I am looking forward to getting back to normal 3pm Saturday afternoon football as it should be.
(No subject) (n/t) on 09:59 - Apr 3 with 711 viewsMrangry25

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 09:35 - Apr 3 by Ron11

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 10:02 - Apr 3 with 707 viewsGRIM

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 07:30 - Apr 3 by SalisburySaint

Don't worry.
Both Adam Armstrong & Che Adams have proved they can score goals in the Championship.
Just a shame they can't do it in Premiership.
But life without JWP + Lavia & KWP will be very tough.
I don't expect us to be contenders for coming straight back up.
I know, we ain't relegated yet, but it's no longer about our results, our destiny is out of our hands.
We have been the worst outfit in the Premier Lge all season so will get what we deserve.
I hate making this rant but it's because I care & it appears that some of our players aren't bothered.
West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 12:56 - Apr 3 with 662 viewssledger

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 10:02 - Apr 3 by GRIM

Don't worry.
Both Adam Armstrong & Che Adams have proved they can score goals in the Championship.
I know, we ain't relegated yet, but it's no longer about our results, our destiny is out of our hands.
We have been the worst outfit in the Premier Lge all season so will get what we deserve.
I hate making this rant but it's because I care & it appears that some of our players aren't bothered.

the better players are making sure they stay injury free ready for there moves,dont include lavia in that put himself about and tried hard and hes the youngest player in the seem,says everything about the more experienced players.
West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 13:00 - Apr 3 with 660 viewsPatfromPoole

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 10:02 - Apr 3 by GRIM

Don't worry.

Che will get snapped up by a Prem club in the summer.

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 13:08 - Apr 3 with 658 viewsMytchettSaint

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 13:00 - Apr 3 by PatfromPoole

Che will get snapped up by a Prem club in the summer.

With any luck!

If he can’t shoot straight in the premier league then I don’t see that changing suddenly in the championship.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 13:30 - Apr 3 with 646 viewsPatfromPoole

West Ham v Saints Match-day Thread... on 13:08 - Apr 3 by MytchettSaint

With any luck!

If he can’t shoot straight in the premier league then I don’t see that changing suddenly in the championship.

Whoever stays up out of Forest or Leeds will sign him. And he’d do a decent job for either of them.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024