Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Patience in letting Heston work 10:45 - Jan 31 with 6953 viewsstantheman10

Having read numerous threads about how crap we are at the moment and the dire financial situation we are in it's obvious that the soap opera that was Mickey Bile has seriously disrupted the clubs plans for this season which was, I believe, a last hurrah at gaining promotion. With that now almost dead and buried I peronally am going to adopt a bit of patience with the club and await the hopefully positive results that Heston will bring. Obviously with the outlay for building it this is the clubs back up plan to not reaching the 'best league in the world' (Sky Sports tm) to make us sustainable in the future. If that means I have to put up with us being a lowly Championship side flirting with (and maybe succumbing to) League 1 for 5 years or so then so be it. Surely that's more acceptable than non existence.
Patience in letting Heston work on 16:34 - Jan 31 with 1483 viewscolinallcars

Patience in letting Heston work on 12:47 - Jan 31 by TheChef

What is this 'other place'?

I think it's what the House of Commons calls the House of Lords.
Patience in letting Heston work on 16:38 - Jan 31 with 1469 viewsEsox_Lucius

Patience in letting Heston work on 15:56 - Jan 31 by Rangersw12

Why should we accept mediocrity when clubs with smaller budgets Luton & Millwall to name two are performing better?

Is this the 2023 version of we should be more like Southampton? Swansea? Brentford?

The grass is always greener.

Patience in letting Heston work on 16:41 - Jan 31 with 1459 viewsRangersw12

Patience in letting Heston work on 16:38 - Jan 31 by Esox_Lucius

Is this the 2023 version of we should be more like Southampton? Swansea? Brentford?

Well shouldn't we!?
Patience in letting Heston work on 16:50 - Jan 31 with 1408 viewsjohnhoop

Patience in letting Heston work on 12:47 - Jan 31 by TheChef

What is this 'other place'?

The “Upside Down” aka Twitter.
Patience in letting Heston work on 12:15 - Feb 1 with 1216 viewsYokelR

Patience in letting Heston work on 16:41 - Jan 31 by Rangersw12

Well shouldn't we!?

If anyone believes that having a nice new training ground will change what is wrong with this club well opinions vary.

We have a coaching set up that is not any good at developing or spotting talent.

We have a dof who is not very good at transfer targets who we eventually let go at great loss Bonne, Thomas, connor.

He also gives same developed talent long contracts which they see out on loans whilst laughing all the way to the bank.

Lastly when the manager fails with these transfers and developed players everything is 100% only his fault.

We keep our dof, we keep all our coaches then get another manager so he can be blamed.

Jobs for life at qpr - for some.

Ask NC if he wants to bring in some coaches he rates and get rid of some of our duds who don't produce, might give the rest a kick up the ass.
Patience in letting Heston work on 12:34 - Feb 1 with 1164 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Patience in letting Heston work on 12:15 - Feb 1 by YokelR

If anyone believes that having a nice new training ground will change what is wrong with this club well opinions vary.

We have a coaching set up that is not any good at developing or spotting talent.

We have a dof who is not very good at transfer targets who we eventually let go at great loss Bonne, Thomas, connor.

He also gives same developed talent long contracts which they see out on loans whilst laughing all the way to the bank.

Lastly when the manager fails with these transfers and developed players everything is 100% only his fault.

We keep our dof, we keep all our coaches then get another manager so he can be blamed.

Ask NC if he wants to bring in some coaches he rates and get rid of some of our duds who don't produce, might give the rest a kick up the ass.

"Ask NC if he wants to bring in some coaches he rates and get rid of some of our duds who don't produce, might give the rest a kick up the ass."

He did, to be fair. He brought in his own assistant and two coaches. That's a big outlay for a club our size.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Patience in letting Heston work on 13:17 - Feb 1 with 1103 viewsYokelR

Patience in letting Heston work on 12:34 - Feb 1 by BrianMcCarthy

"Ask NC if he wants to bring in some coaches he rates and get rid of some of our duds who don't produce, might give the rest a kick up the ass."

He did, to be fair. He brought in his own assistant and two coaches. That's a big outlay for a club our size.

I stand corrected, wasn't aware.
Serious question were they adds on to the coaching staff or did they replace people?
Patience in letting Heston work on 13:22 - Feb 1 with 1075 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Patience in letting Heston work on 13:17 - Feb 1 by YokelR

Serious question were they adds on to the coaching staff or did they replace people?

I expect they replaced Beale’s guys.
Login to get fewer ads

Patience in letting Heston work on 13:23 - Feb 1 with 1077 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bit of both, I think.
Damian Matthew (Beale's appointment) and Neil Banfield (Warburton's appointment) followed Gandhi up to Glasgow Rangers.

Checking it now, Banfield only brought two with him - Garrity and Brunskill.

So, 2 in, and 2 out.
Goalie coach Gavin Ward is still here.
Think that's it on the first team coaching side.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2023 13:24]

Patience in letting Heston work on 13:24 - Feb 1 with 1058 viewsderbyhoop

Replacements.
For Banfield and 2 others.

Heston should attract better players - both at senior and youth level. Over time we hope to have more stepping up from Youth to Championship level.

The point of a DOF is stability. He's no more likely to get everything right than the players, managers nor coaches. The last 3 managers are all broadly similar. Current year indicates some progress at youth and B team level.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Patience in letting Heston work on 13:37 - Feb 1 with 1013 viewsswisscottage

Eze(17)
Dieng ( 21, only a handful of first team appearances)
Chair ( 19, only 2 appearances for Lierse )
Willock (21, 14 appearancs for Huddesfield)
Sam Field (21, 51 Appearances for West Brom and Charlton)

All transfers are a risk, some work out, some don't for numerous reasons to say they can't spot any talent is disingenuous to say the least.
Patience in letting Heston work on 13:50 - Feb 1 with 967 viewsstanistheman

I agree about the DoFand would like to pose a question about his appointment as advisor and then DoF.
Had Fernandes appointed another for Premier league and England international to those roles like Tony Adams or Sol Campbell would the QPR fans have been so patient and content with their work since October 2014 that included relegation, appointing Ramsey (twice) & JFH , all the poor signings, not making more of the parachute payments and 8 seasons of not making the playoffs when the likes of Barnsley, Huddersfield and Luton have.
Patience in letting Heston work on 14:06 - Feb 1 with 942 viewsdanehoop

Replacements.

As for the whining about the seeming failure of attracting and coaching of talent, well Eze, Chair, Willock, Dieng etc. have been brought in at different points of their careers and been well coached and developed to the point where some are internationals or attracting serious premiership interest.

The reality is though that we had little attractive to offer talented players prior to Heston in terms of facilities or long term plan/connectivity with First Team squads. We talked about pathways, but they seemed to close down somewhat in latter half of Warballs tenure. If there is a youth player who is in demand then what could we offer ahead of say Brentford, the puppy farm at Chelsea or other competitor clubs in the broader area.

10 years ago our coaching externally wasn't rated particularly highly and there was a dearth of talent joining us. We had crap facilities, no-one obviously coming through, no clear oathways to the first team and not much in the way of a good story to tell/show potential joiners. There was certainly no unique selling point for us, no QPR way that flowed through in terms of playing style/approach between youth squad through to first team.

That has been changing quite a bit over the past five years I think. We started to get talent that might otherwise have gone elsewhere (think Armstrong or Pedder as recent examples). Players are starting to get better quality loans from the youth set up now and seeing more playing time. The coaching is much more aligned between youth/development and First team squads. Pathways are appearing to the first team (again Armstrong most recent obvious example). Players are developing/improving (look at Eze and Chair as prime examples) and we will see more of that.

Heston now gives us the extra piece of the puzzle (especially if we can subsequently upgrade academy status in future) and actually gives us something more tangible to make us a more a attractive option for young talent. Prior to Heston it would have probably felt incredibly frustrating as a member of the coaching staff or also in attracting good coaching/support staff.

Never knowingly understood

Patience in letting Heston work on 14:07 - Feb 1 with 938 viewsTheChef

Patience in letting Heston work on 13:50 - Feb 1 by stanistheman

I agree about the DoFand would like to pose a question about his appointment as advisor and then DoF.
Had Fernandes appointed another for Premier league and England international to those roles like Tony Adams or Sol Campbell would the QPR fans have been so patient and content with their work since October 2014 that included relegation, appointing Ramsey (twice) & JFH , all the poor signings, not making more of the parachute payments and 8 seasons of not making the playoffs when the likes of Barnsley, Huddersfield and Luton have.

Main issue with our DoF structure is that we don't adhere to its principles, we still let the managers sign who they want and let them have their way.

So we either do it properly or not at all. Or we say thanks to Les and let someone else have a go who will be a lot more strict with our managers.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Patience in letting Heston work on 14:16 - Feb 1 with 930 viewsfrancisbowles

Patience in letting Heston work on 13:23 - Feb 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Bit of both, I think.
Damian Matthew (Beale's appointment) and Neil Banfield (Warburton's appointment) followed Gandhi up to Glasgow Rangers.

Checking it now, Banfield only brought two with him - Garrity and Brunskill.

So, 2 in, and 2 out.
Goalie coach Gavin Ward is still here.
Think that's it on the first team coaching side.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2023 13:24]

I don't know how you could forget the set piece guy, Brian. Whatever his name was.
Patience in letting Heston work on 15:03 - Feb 1 with 880 viewsLoyalitat

Patience in letting Heston work on 14:07 - Feb 1 by TheChef

Main issue with our DoF structure is that we don't adhere to its principles, we still let the managers sign who they want and let them have their way.

So we either do it properly or not at all. Or we say thanks to Les and let someone else have a go who will be a lot more strict with our managers.

This. Without adhering to the principles of DoF structure, the role is futile.

Two glaring refusals that the DoF should have made to Beale's suggested loan requests in the summer: Roberts and Richards for obvious injury concerns. The purchase of Jake Clarke Salter too for the same reason.
Patience in letting Heston work on 15:12 - Feb 1 with 865 viewsderbyhoop

Patience in letting Heston work on 15:03 - Feb 1 by Loyalitat

This. Without adhering to the principles of DoF structure, the role is futile.

Two glaring refusals that the DoF should have made to Beale's suggested loan requests in the summer: Roberts and Richards for obvious injury concerns. The purchase of Jake Clarke Salter too for the same reason.

Ever so easy to be wise after the event.
We're trying to shop at Waitrose with Aldi money. We have to take risks that other, wealthier clubs can ignore.
ROberts had made an impact when Leeds got promoted and also, initially, in the PL.
Richards has the talent. Whether he can stay fit enough to show us is a moot point. But he could be a younger replacement for Chair or Willock.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Patience in letting Heston work on 15:21 - Feb 1 with 845 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Patience in letting Heston work on 14:16 - Feb 1 by francisbowles

I don't know how you could forget the set piece guy, Brian. Whatever his name was.

Ha Ha!!!

Fúck me, how could I?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024