Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread 21:40 - Mar 5 with 39513 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 8 Mar 2019 19:07]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:16 - Mar 8 with 2398 viewsBadlands

1 - 0 away to one of the best teams this league has seen for a while and you'd think the world was caving in!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:16 - Mar 8 with 2396 viewsMuteswan

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:10 - Mar 8 by Oldjack

You're forgetting one major factor ,the owners

Well, yes, there is that. But we can always hope. 😉
The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:20 - Mar 8 with 2365 viewsjasper_T

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:16 - Mar 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He had two or three seconds to look up and cross it before he dribbled too close to the defender. I suppose if he had the cool head to look up and cross it right away he would have been eagerly sitting in the training ground of a Premier League club last transfer deadline day, not at Leeds United.

The Premier League club would have had runners available for him to hit right away.
The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:24 - Mar 8 with 2329 viewscwmdonkinjack

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:50 - Mar 8 by Drizzy

One of the most frustrating consequences of 7 years in the Premier League has been the acquisition of a new breed of dense, impatient and myopic supporters who can't look beyond the scoreline to form their narrative.

No doubt this loss will attract this very cabal of attention-seeking "realists" who offer nothing other than the same recycled criticisms.

Lots of positives to take from that performance. Our academy products are developing and improving with every game, James in particular looks excellent. We're committed to playing a possession-based game, we're just lacking the incisiveness in the final third. Unsurprising given we're still playing Dyer and Routledge who seem allergic to running in behind.

Repairing this football club is going to require patience not endless criticism hinged on an unrealistic standard. We're moving in the right direction, albeit with too many backwards and sidewards steps.

Spot on
The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:24 - Mar 8 with 2326 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:04 - Mar 8 by swan_si

Spot on, Potter said at the start of the season, it would take 2/3 transfer windows to get the right type of players in, players who fit the way he wants to play, at the right price obviously (thought I'd better throw that in), and who wants to play for the Swans, in order to do that we need to get rid of the expensive dross still on the books.

Yep he said that at the start of the season. Could not blame him. He would not want to put pressure on himself.
The truth is we could have got out of this league at the first attempt with a bit of expertise in the transfer market and a modicum of investment. We were only a few players off a play off place at least.

This despite starting the season with a weaker side and weakening it further in the January transfer window. I can only see this trend continuing.
'Next level' and 'able to take the hit of relegation'. What a load of bollo.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:27 - Mar 8 with 2304 viewsswan_si

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:24 - Mar 8 by Private_Partz

Yep he said that at the start of the season. Could not blame him. He would not want to put pressure on himself.
The truth is we could have got out of this league at the first attempt with a bit of expertise in the transfer market and a modicum of investment. We were only a few players off a play off place at least.

This despite starting the season with a weaker side and weakening it further in the January transfer window. I can only see this trend continuing.
'Next level' and 'able to take the hit of relegation'. What a load of bollo.

"The truth is" Yeah, whatever.
The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:30 - Mar 8 with 2284 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:16 - Mar 8 by Badlands

1 - 0 away to one of the best teams this league has seen for a while and you'd think the world was caving in!

it was Norwich and they are not that good.
We currently can live with any team in this league but we are being shafted by the owners so I cant see that continuing.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:30 - Mar 8 with 2281 viewsPozuelosSideys

Fackin hell. I didnt even know we were playing this evening. Bit of a suprise seeing all these moaning threads

Sounds like i didnt miss much.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:35 - Mar 8 with 2227 viewsDrizzy

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:57 - Mar 8 by ItchySphincter

You were a Liverpool fan before we got to the PL, weren’t you Newp?

First game I attended was against Reading in 2010 under Sousa. Mark Gower missed a pen in a sh*te 0-0. Never looked back.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:35 - Mar 8 with 2224 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:27 - Mar 8 by swan_si

"The truth is" Yeah, whatever.

Did you think Norwich were a far better side than us? They are top the league you know. We have a pool of excellent young players and a great young manager.
Trouble is the owners don't see it like that. They only look at the dollars they can bring in for damage limitation to their hedge fund.

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:41 - Mar 8 with 2176 viewsDrizzy

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:56 - Mar 8 by Private_Partz

You sure we are moving in the right direction? The last window showed the Yanks would have sold their grannies for a few Bob.
Don't rule out our young starlets leaving in the close season with Potter expected to hold the fort with even more U23s.
The only way is down with the Yanks here imho,

The Yanks' cost-cutting isn't inherently damaging but they have no sense of when to sell a player at the right tine which is worrying. Their prudence in protecting their investment is probably healthy for our club in the long-term given how much money we've wasted on big name players that have contributed nothing whilst neglecting our own academy talent.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:46 - Mar 8 with 2146 viewsjasper_T

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:35 - Mar 8 by Private_Partz

Did you think Norwich were a far better side than us? They are top the league you know. We have a pool of excellent young players and a great young manager.
Trouble is the owners don't see it like that. They only look at the dollars they can bring in for damage limitation to their hedge fund.

Norwich have a better squad than us, and it's not because they spent more money, as they haven't. Sold £35m worth of players and spent around £5m.

For the price of McKay, Celina and Asoro they got Buendia, Pukki, Krul and a few others. They've got good development players coming through that they've become reliant on, same as us.

Why doesn't Delia show more ambition? Terrible ownership.
The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:50 - Mar 8 with 2122 viewsjack2jack

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:46 - Mar 8 by jasper_T

Norwich have a better squad than us, and it's not because they spent more money, as they haven't. Sold £35m worth of players and spent around £5m.

For the price of McKay, Celina and Asoro they got Buendia, Pukki, Krul and a few others. They've got good development players coming through that they've become reliant on, same as us.

Perhaps she's cooking the books!
The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:57 - Mar 8 with 2091 viewsploppy

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:16 - Mar 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He had two or three seconds to look up and cross it before he dribbled too close to the defender. I suppose if he had the cool head to look up and cross it right away he would have been eagerly sitting in the training ground of a Premier League club last transfer deadline day, not at Leeds United.

Feck me. Do you know how long two or three seconds is? Seriously? He had nowhere near that time. Anyway, his only option was to try and slide it through to Routledge - there was no way he could cross it, or chip it or dink it at that speed and if he'd tried it would either have gone long or Krul would have picked it off. As it happened the defender made a good block and it squirmed away. Have you ever played football?
The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:19 - Mar 8 with 2014 viewsalwaysblackandwhite

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:30 - Mar 8 by PozuelosSideys

Fackin hell. I didnt even know we were playing this evening. Bit of a suprise seeing all these moaning threads

Sounds like i didnt miss much.

Great fan you are, not knowing that we had a game 😴
The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:46 - Mar 8 with 1937 viewsBytholWyn

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:46 - Mar 8 by jasper_T

Good points. Whatever the shortcomings of the owners (and there are many) there's no excuse for us not being able to recruit well - given what Norwich and Brentford have managed on a shoestring. People also have short memories - last time we were in the Championship I seem to recall that Craig Beattie was our top signing - at £800,000.

Like Norwich and Brentford we should look at the Scandinavian leagues where we should be able to get better value than from the big European leagues.
The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:50 - Mar 8 with 1934 viewsBytholWyn

The most encouraging aspect of tonight's performance was the tempo and crispness of our passing in the first half, something sorely lacking in recent weeks - with our performance against Wednesday being virtually a parody of the possession game as it should be played. It was getting to the point whether I was not only wandering whether we had the quality to play this way but also whether Potter even fully appreciated the importance of playing high tempo one-touch football. At least tonight put those fears to bed.
The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:50 - Mar 8 with 1930 viewsswan65split

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:07 - Mar 8 by westside

Shit ref scared to do anything against home team

Yep poor ref. Twice in first half their players kicked the gal away for offside decision s . As well
The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:11 - Mar 9 with 1879 viewsthornabyswan

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:35 - Mar 8 by Private_Partz

Maybe they will try and shift the high earners keep the youngsters and bring 2 or 3 in to compliment them.

Sorry if that was to positive for you.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:11 - Mar 9 with 1880 viewsLuther27

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:46 - Mar 8 by BytholWyn

Good points. Whatever the shortcomings of the owners (and there are many) there's no excuse for us not being able to recruit well - given what Norwich and Brentford have managed on a shoestring. People also have short memories - last time we were in the Championship I seem to recall that Craig Beattie was our top signing - at £800,000.

Like Norwich and Brentford we should look at the Scandinavian leagues where we should be able to get better value than from the big European leagues.

I agree to a point. Every one is looking for the best value...not just this league but every league. The way football is going regarding stupid money for below average players these diamonds are few and far between.

I think the future for many a club is in academies. We've been forced to use ours...but thank fck we had one and Christ it's proved successful.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:15 - Mar 9 with 1872 viewsNorwichFan

You lot looked really decent tonight.

Obviously we were also well off the boil ourselves, weather conditions probably didn't help it was borderline torrential rain.

But when I watch what I just saw with Swansea I think you lot really need to stick with Graham Potter.

Surprised none of you seem to be pointing out the similarities between us last season and you this season.

Last season we were in a transitional stage having had to clear out high earners and deadwood and operate with a budget which was more sustainable for the post-parachute payments world after coming down from the Premier League.

We finished 14th.

You are 14th.

We were inconsistent but clearly showing we had an idea how we wanted to play the game with a talented coach who at times showed a bit of naivety as he was new to the Championship. Same with you.

Some real similarities in the way that the two teams play by the looks of it, using the keeper as an 11th outfield player, high pressing etc.

I know this is only part of the formula, as we also have an excellent sporting director and our scouting and recruitment has been superb...

.... but I fail to see how anybody can consider Potter the problem here. Got the tactics bang on against us and made us look average for most of the game, makes him one of only two managers to truly do that this season with the other being Lee Johnson.

Really hope you give Potter another summer of building as he's trying to do the right things, a bit shocked to see a few Swansea fans calling for his head when your season literally mirrors ours last season.

Fair play, kudos required and should be taken gracefully. Its boring as feck being 14th but its for a reason.... and where has having the biggest wage bill in the league and a £100m loss got Villa exactly? 1 point above you!
The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:16 - Mar 9 with 1865 viewsNorwichFan

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:15 - Mar 9 by NorwichFan

Obviously we were also well off the boil ourselves, weather conditions probably didn't help it was borderline torrential rain.

But when I watch what I just saw with Swansea I think you lot really need to stick with Graham Potter.

Surprised none of you seem to be pointing out the similarities between us last season and you this season.

Last season we were in a transitional stage having had to clear out high earners and deadwood and operate with a budget which was more sustainable for the post-parachute payments world after coming down from the Premier League.

We finished 14th.

You are 14th.

We were inconsistent but clearly showing we had an idea how we wanted to play the game with a talented coach who at times showed a bit of naivety as he was new to the Championship. Same with you.

Some real similarities in the way that the two teams play by the looks of it, using the keeper as an 11th outfield player, high pressing etc.

I know this is only part of the formula, as we also have an excellent sporting director and our scouting and recruitment has been superb...

.... but I fail to see how anybody can consider Potter the problem here. Got the tactics bang on against us and made us look average for most of the game, makes him one of only two managers to truly do that this season with the other being Lee Johnson.

Really hope you give Potter another summer of building as he's trying to do the right things, a bit shocked to see a few Swansea fans calling for his head when your season literally mirrors ours last season.

Fair play, kudos required and should be taken gracefully. Its boring as feck being 14th but its for a reason.... and where has having the biggest wage bill in the league and a £100m loss got Villa exactly? 1 point above you!

By the way.... I find it hilarious that you can't swear on a Swansea forum, considering I've had the pleasure of having a drink in Swansea before and seen the film Twin Town haha.
The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:19 - Mar 9 with 1854 viewsswan65split

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:15 - Mar 9 by NorwichFan

We finished 14th.

You are 14th.

borderline torrential rain. .......LOL

You wasnt in Swansea long enough.
The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread (n/t) (n/t) on 00:20 - Mar 9 with 1852 viewsNorwichFan

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:19 - Mar 9 by swan65split

borderline torrential rain. .......LOL

You wasnt in Swansea long enough.

Went to uni in Manchester, I know my rain haha
[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 0:21]
The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:21 - Mar 9 with 1849 viewsBytholWyn

The Official Norwich City Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:16 - Mar 9 by NorwichFan

By the way.... I find it hilarious that you can't swear on a Swansea forum, considering I've had the pleasure of having a drink in Swansea before and seen the film Twin Town haha.

Excellent post - and the sort of perspective sadly lacking among our fair number of our supporters.

I'm curious to know how your recruitment works - because this is the one area we're seriously lacking at the moment. How much of a say does Farke have? Is there a different philosophy? Have you been targeting any markets in particular?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024