Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans 21:52 - Sep 26 with 14842 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 21:15 - Oct 30 with 1128 viewsDr_Winston

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 21:07 - Oct 30 by jackrmee

Mental we were above West Ham. They got some massive players

Plus twice as many coming through the gates each week. Don't know what their commercial income was, but it was probably bigger than ours too.

The spending was getting way out of control.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 01:46 - Oct 31 with 1048 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 21:15 - Oct 30 by Dr_Winston

Plus twice as many coming through the gates each week. Don't know what their commercial income was, but it was probably bigger than ours too.

The spending was getting way out of control.

Not very good at this asset stripping were they...

#thickkuntsonhere

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 07:22 - Oct 31 with 999 viewsTailGunner

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 19:35 - Oct 30 by Dr_Winston

There's no way on Earth that the club will be actively looking to sell players like Rodon, James, Roberts and Celina. Circumstances may force us into selling (a decent offer and a new contract refusal for example) but these are the players that Potter is building his new side around. It ain't gonna happen.

I'd like to think that we'll add two or three extra faces (in midfield especially) come the January window, but more groans are inevitable. There's still a few bigger earners left at the club and we'd clearly want to move them out if at all possible, even if they can still offer us something.

They want all debt / deficit cleared ASAP

There are players who's only chance of bringing in money will be to sell in January, or hold out for compensation & letting them run down contracts. There will be takers.
What did they say in September? There will be more pain?

The choice is this - sell January or give them pay rises.

It's a no brainer to you or I but not the 28 unfortunately.
Pray common sense prevails.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2018 7:28]
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 07:39 - Oct 31 with 985 viewsDr_Winston

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 07:22 - Oct 31 by TailGunner

They want all debt / deficit cleared ASAP

There are players who's only chance of bringing in money will be to sell in January, or hold out for compensation & letting them run down contracts. There will be takers.
What did they say in September? There will be more pain?

The choice is this - sell January or give them pay rises.

It's a no brainer to you or I but not the 28 unfortunately.
Pray common sense prevails.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2018 7:28]

The common sense will be to clear the debt and deficit. They can do that and keep Rodon and Roberts.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 07:48 - Oct 31 with 972 viewsTailGunner

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 07:39 - Oct 31 by Dr_Winston

The common sense will be to clear the debt and deficit. They can do that and keep Rodon and Roberts.

That's what they want. And your main post simply does not comply to it.
In fact you want to spend on top of it.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2018 8:31]
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 08:30 - Oct 31 with 931 viewsTailGunner

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 07:39 - Oct 31 by Dr_Winston

Wrong - They can by selling them or waiting for compensation.
New contracts add to the deficit.
Remember - they want it cleared as soon as. January is as soon as.

They couldn't shift the high earners still here despite tarting them about all summer.
Don't bank on it happening in January unless we are paying large part of all their wages.

Like I've stated - hope common sense prevails & they grow the debt by speculating to accumulate on JR CR DJ & MG - its hardly massive amounts. But was met with - "Why do you want them to put money in?"

Cant have it both ways.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 11:47 - Oct 31 with 843 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 08:30 - Oct 31 by TailGunner

They couldn't shift the high earners still here despite tarting them about all summer.
Don't bank on it happening in January unless we are paying large part of all their wages.

Like I've stated - hope common sense prevails & they grow the debt by speculating to accumulate on JR CR DJ & MG - its hardly massive amounts. But was met with - "Why do you want them to put money in?"

Cant have it both ways.

It doesn't exactly work like that.

They don't have to clear anything by January.

There's an obvious desire to make our Club more financially sustainable but it's not make or break in a few months.

Also, as astute business men who have learned many a tough lesson in this sport I can't imagine why they would not do all they can to secure a long term asset instead of flogging it off for next to nothing

That's not even common sense, that's just a ridiculous notion.

Now if Real Madrid came in with £20m then the club would have a serious choice to make, so anything can happen in football windows but the reality is we're doing all we can to tie them down to us.

Potter has told the world he is under no pressure to sell in January. But, looking how things have gone we will be doing all we can to look for new homes for some of our higher earners. We all know who they are.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 11:49 - Oct 31 with 842 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 08:30 - Oct 31 by TailGunner

Cant have it both ways.

And 'growing the debt' as you call it is NOT putting more money in.

Login to get fewer ads

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 12:00 - Oct 31 with 837 viewsTailGunner

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 11:49 - Oct 31 by _

And 'growing the debt' as you call it is NOT putting more money in.

They have no desire i am sure to give us anything without getting all back & some. Borrow- either from banks or the hedge fund - if any desire is there to lend - and pass it on to the club at standard rate as you said previously.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 12:08 - Oct 31 with 830 viewsTailGunner

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 11:47 - Oct 31 by _

It doesn't exactly work like that.

They don't have to clear anything by January.

There's an obvious desire to make our Club more financially sustainable but it's not make or break in a few months.

Also, as astute business men who have learned many a tough lesson in this sport I can't imagine why they would not do all they can to secure a long term asset instead of flogging it off for next to nothing

That's not even common sense, that's just a ridiculous notion.

Now if Real Madrid came in with £20m then the club would have a serious choice to make, so anything can happen in football windows but the reality is we're doing all we can to tie them down to us.

Potter has told the world he is under no pressure to sell in January. But, looking how things have gone we will be doing all we can to look for new homes for some of our higher earners. We all know who they are.

More pain to come before it gets better - their words.
Time will tell.

Side note - There is 1 of the 28 who has a genuine interest in us.
He has more beans than the rest of them put together. Been over to watch us regularly this season (unlike Kaplan & Levein) - sat among the commoners.....
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 12:14 - Oct 31 with 819 viewsjasper_T

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 12:08 - Oct 31 by TailGunner

Time will tell.

He has more beans than the rest of them put together. Been over to watch us regularly this season (unlike Kaplan & Levein) - sat among the commoners.....

Their words were actually:

"I don’t want to speculate as to what we’re going to do in the future because a lot can change. But what we’re trying to do is take the hard medicine now so that we can build for the future. I know that’s hard for supporters to accept. There will be more hard medicine to take but we want to build around our young guys. If you look at what we’ve done, we’ve kept our young guys and that’s where our focus is going to be."

The word "pain" doesn't appear in the transcript at all.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 12:17 - Oct 31 with 814 viewsTailGunner

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 12:14 - Oct 31 by jasper_T

Their words were actually:

"I don’t want to speculate as to what we’re going to do in the future because a lot can change. But what we’re trying to do is take the hard medicine now so that we can build for the future. I know that’s hard for supporters to accept. There will be more hard medicine to take but we want to build around our young guys. If you look at what we’ve done, we’ve kept our young guys and that’s where our focus is going to be."

The word "pain" doesn't appear in the transcript at all.

Grow up Jasper - hard medicine then.

Hope they all sign & everything is fine.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2018 12:19]
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 12:29 - Oct 31 with 802 viewsjasper_T

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 12:17 - Oct 31 by TailGunner

If you haven't read the full transcript of that interview I recommend it. Most summaries have wildly misrepresented what they said, as you did, to fit pre-existing narratives/agendas.

A lot of people are choosing not to believe a word they say, and that's a perfectly valid approach (they are American businessmen doing a carefully-controlled PR exercise, after all), but if you're making an argument based on "their words" then it's important to be accurate.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 12:32 - Oct 31 with 798 viewsTailGunner

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 12:29 - Oct 31 by jasper_T

If you haven't read the full transcript of that interview I recommend it. Most summaries have wildly misrepresented what they said, as you did, to fit pre-existing narratives/agendas.

A lot of people are choosing not to believe a word they say, and that's a perfectly valid approach (they are American businessmen doing a carefully-controlled PR exercise, after all), but if you're making an argument based on "their words" then it's important to be accurate.

If you wish to Google everything to look for terminology errors - you fill your boots.
The meaning is the same.

The clock is ticking into November.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 12:40 - Oct 31 with 786 viewsjasper_T

It's absolutely not the same meaning.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 12:51 - Oct 31 with 774 viewsjackrmee

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 12:08 - Oct 31 by TailGunner

Time will tell.

Who's that?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 13:13 - Oct 31 with 758 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 12:00 - Oct 31 by TailGunner

They have no desire i am sure to give us anything without getting all back & some. Borrow- either from banks or the hedge fund - if any desire is there to lend - and pass it on to the club at standard rate as you said previously.

It's not about them giving 'us'. They are the current owners, it will be to give to them, ie, the club. And they need the Club to be healthy before anything at all.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 13:15 - Oct 31 with 755 views_

Time will tell.

Yes, more pain, probably us having to sell Routs, Dyer, Narsingh, Bony etc

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 13:16 - Oct 31 with 753 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 12:17 - Oct 31 by TailGunner

But it's important fans stop taking their words out of context or even misquoting them.

It's just wrong. Jasper's right to point this out

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 13:18 - Oct 31 with 745 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 12:32 - Oct 31 by TailGunner

If you wish to Google everything to look for terminology errors - you fill your boots.
The meaning is the same.

The clock is ticking into November.

It's really not.

It's tantamount to making things up to suit the preconceived arguments you've got in your head

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 14:57 - Oct 31 with 710 views34dfgdf54

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 13:15 - Oct 31 by _

Yes, more pain, probably us having to sell Routs, Dyer, Narsingh, Bony etc

Will have no arguments if that happened, although I would love to see what Bony would do to this league if we could get him anywhere near fit. But it's unrealistic with the wages he's allegedly on.

It's if we aren't willing to tie down the likes of Rodon, Roberts and to be honest even VDH and Fer, who I'd like us to try building a team around. Bit of experience through the core of the side to be complemented by youth.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2018 15:25]
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 15:05 - Oct 31 with 704 viewsDr_Winston

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 14:57 - Oct 31 by 34dfgdf54

Will have no arguments if that happened, although I would love to see what Bony would do to this league if we could get him anywhere near fit. But it's unrealistic with the wages he's allegedly on.

It's if we aren't willing to tie down the likes of Rodon, Roberts and to be honest even VDH and Fer, who I'd like us to try building a team around. Bit of experience through the core of the side to be complemented by youth.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2018 15:25]

Naming Fer and VDH as his captaincy team suggests that is precisely Potter's plan.

The Bony situation could be interesting too.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 15:28 - Oct 31 with 687 views34dfgdf54

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 15:05 - Oct 31 by Dr_Winston

Naming Fer and VDH as his captaincy team suggests that is precisely Potter's plan.

The Bony situation could be interesting too.

We'll see if Potter's plan ties in to how the Americans would like to go about it.

If I was a betting man I think Fer and VDH will be off. They may want to go, we'll see how it pans out.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2018 15:28]
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 16:05 - Oct 31 with 669 viewsjasper_T

I don't know how we can realistically afford Fer in this division, unless he loves it here so much he's willing to take a big pay cut.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 16:41 - Oct 31 with 653 viewsmonmouth

Now I think For looks bloody good when he's fit, but hasn't he spent most of his UK career either in this division or getting teams into this division?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024