Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans 21:52 - Sep 26 with 14916 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 09:08 - Oct 30 with 1466 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:26 - Sep 28 by _

Overall I'm pleased with the results of the poll.

I knew option 3 would win but what's pleasing is a quarter of people who voted are willing to get on side and give them a chance.

I don't think any of us should allow them more than a chance And giving them that doesn't mean blind faith, it just means we need to believe in something again, and what we're seeing is more than a step in the right direction

Any updates on this poll?

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 09:37 - Oct 30 with 1445 viewsCatullus

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:12 - Sep 26 by Rancid

Chris, I was glad it was all over for us in the PL.We'd gone stale and it was extremely difficult to witness it unfold.

Fresh start with a new young exciting manager with a whole new squad of talented youngsters to bring along is the perfect tonic for me.

Totally agree with this, the Championship has been refreshing and exciting.

There isn't a choice in the poll for me because I believe the Americans have made cuts to try and make us profitable so they can take money out at some point. However, I don't think they are underhandedly taking millions.
They need the team to be succesful if they're to profit, another relegation would cost them tens of millions. The young players (Roberts and Rodon) would leave, if they think we are in danger they won't sign new deals and be gone in the summer, we could lose a lot of money on them depending what the tribunal values them at. Then of course, the value of our saleable assets drops again and crowds/commercial income drops too.
They don't want that so I think they will let Potter bring in a couple of players in January, it won't be a spending spree but seeing what we've seen, we know, Potter knows and so the owners should know that with the right 2/3 players we could be challenging for the play offs. Sell anybody though and we could be fighting relegation. Obviously that doesn't include Bony, Dyer, Routledge or Narsingh who will be gotten rid of if at all possible. In fact, if those 4 all go I'm certain they'll let Potter bring players in as long as they are on suitable wages, which is 2/3 players who combined get less than Bony does after tax!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 09:42 - Oct 30 with 1436 viewsjackrmee

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 09:37 - Oct 30 by Catullus

Totally agree with this, the Championship has been refreshing and exciting.

There isn't a choice in the poll for me because I believe the Americans have made cuts to try and make us profitable so they can take money out at some point. However, I don't think they are underhandedly taking millions.
They need the team to be succesful if they're to profit, another relegation would cost them tens of millions. The young players (Roberts and Rodon) would leave, if they think we are in danger they won't sign new deals and be gone in the summer, we could lose a lot of money on them depending what the tribunal values them at. Then of course, the value of our saleable assets drops again and crowds/commercial income drops too.
They don't want that so I think they will let Potter bring in a couple of players in January, it won't be a spending spree but seeing what we've seen, we know, Potter knows and so the owners should know that with the right 2/3 players we could be challenging for the play offs. Sell anybody though and we could be fighting relegation. Obviously that doesn't include Bony, Dyer, Routledge or Narsingh who will be gotten rid of if at all possible. In fact, if those 4 all go I'm certain they'll let Potter bring players in as long as they are on suitable wages, which is 2/3 players who combined get less than Bony does after tax!!

Totally agree also...
Although I would love nothing more than to see Bony stay and do well here. I live in a dreamworld I know

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 10:15 - Oct 30 with 1401 viewsTailGunner

Jenkins has had plenty of pelters - rightly so. Not going to go over all that again - its all out there.
But he is is trying to get the deals for the youngsters done - problem is its no longer his money...so to speak
[Post edited 30 Oct 2018 10:30]
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 11:59 - Oct 30 with 1342 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 10:15 - Oct 30 by TailGunner

Jenkins has had plenty of pelters - rightly so. Not going to go over all that again - its all out there.
But he is is trying to get the deals for the youngsters done - problem is its no longer his money...so to speak
[Post edited 30 Oct 2018 10:30]

You've changed your tune from last week?

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 12:01 - Oct 30 with 1337 viewsCatullus

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 09:42 - Oct 30 by jackrmee

Totally agree also...
Although I would love nothing more than to see Bony stay and do well here. I live in a dreamworld I know

A fit Bony could score the goals that make us genuine contenders, a dream I'm happy to join in.

I have to say, having read throught this now, bringing Rodgers back wouldn't have guaranteed anything but I do agree Guidolin was shafted, he'd just got us playing better and we looked capable of winning then they sack him.

I've said this before but I don't blame the Americans as much as others, their biggest mistake was putting so much faith in and giving so much latitude to Jenkins. He was making mistake after mistake and giving him so much control was a terrible choice. For several years us fans have moaned about recruitment, every window it seemed like we were mostly linked with with previous players or targets which led to us thinking we were being mushroomed. When they took control back, sidelined HJ a bit and appointed a good manager, they started getting it right but they still have a ways to go.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 12:04 - Oct 30 with 1333 viewsTailGunner

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 11:59 - Oct 30 by _

You've changed your tune from last week?

Like i said not dragging up the rights & wrongs - its all out there & done to death.

The guy is liked up & around Fairwood. He is (despite what anyone says) a Swansea City lifelong fan. He also loved continuity & promoting from within (a myriad of good & bad examples of this)

The point though on new contracts I made last week is exactly the same. Far far from being done.
Hope common sense prevails but.....
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 12:43 - Oct 30 with 1318 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 12:04 - Oct 30 by TailGunner

Like i said not dragging up the rights & wrongs - its all out there & done to death.

The guy is liked up & around Fairwood. He is (despite what anyone says) a Swansea City lifelong fan. He also loved continuity & promoting from within (a myriad of good & bad examples of this)

The point though on new contracts I made last week is exactly the same. Far far from being done.
Hope common sense prevails but.....

Good post.

Far from being done but they are in negotiations.

This isn't an easy process especially now with the pendulum having swung in the kids favour. And this is all down to their current form and potential. A potential that was always there but has now been rubber stamped to a certain degree.

The deal has to be right for all parties especially now we have to be a lot more prudent with our money.

I just hope the boys are sensible and not too greedy and remember who believed in them and gave them all their chances in age grade and pro football. Also the ones that are now making their dreams come true.

SCFC deserves a bit of fairness here but there are fans literally waiting to SLAM anything it does, rightly or wrongly and that's just the sad state of affairs we're presented with currently.

It would be a huge boost to all concerned if they signed the contracts so we can all concentrate on smashing this league and getting back up again.

Great season so far, let's keep it going.

Login to get fewer ads

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 13:19 - Oct 30 with 1295 viewsBrynmill_Jack

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 12:01 - Oct 30 by Catullus

A fit Bony could score the goals that make us genuine contenders, a dream I'm happy to join in.

I have to say, having read throught this now, bringing Rodgers back wouldn't have guaranteed anything but I do agree Guidolin was shafted, he'd just got us playing better and we looked capable of winning then they sack him.

I've said this before but I don't blame the Americans as much as others, their biggest mistake was putting so much faith in and giving so much latitude to Jenkins. He was making mistake after mistake and giving him so much control was a terrible choice. For several years us fans have moaned about recruitment, every window it seemed like we were mostly linked with with previous players or targets which led to us thinking we were being mushroomed. When they took control back, sidelined HJ a bit and appointed a good manager, they started getting it right but they still have a ways to go.

We're genuine promotion contenders now, if Bony can stay fit and isn't sold in January we'd win the title. There is no team to fear in this league that I've seen so far , Derby I haven't seen so can't pass comment. Our meeting with them at pride park is going to be very interesting.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 14:35 - Oct 30 with 1245 viewsCatullus

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 13:19 - Oct 30 by Brynmill_Jack

We're genuine promotion contenders now, if Bony can stay fit and isn't sold in January we'd win the title. There is no team to fear in this league that I've seen so far , Derby I haven't seen so can't pass comment. Our meeting with them at pride park is going to be very interesting.

I think we're just a few players short of being genuine contenders. If we lose Fer, VdH, Rodon or Ollie to injury or suspension then we are stuck, lose more than one and we are in a bad place. Our best 11 is a match for most sides in this division but it won't take much to rock the boat and we have yet to go through the winter months and with extra fixtures (should we manage a cup run) it will be tough going. We're not short of talent but we are a bit short of experience and muscle.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 15:34 - Oct 30 with 1228 viewsjasper_T

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 14:35 - Oct 30 by Catullus

I think we're just a few players short of being genuine contenders. If we lose Fer, VdH, Rodon or Ollie to injury or suspension then we are stuck, lose more than one and we are in a bad place. Our best 11 is a match for most sides in this division but it won't take much to rock the boat and we have yet to go through the winter months and with extra fixtures (should we manage a cup run) it will be tough going. We're not short of talent but we are a bit short of experience and muscle.

Fer has barely played, we've got CCV and Cian backing up Joe, and Ollie hasn't set the world alight so far in Potter's system(s). I'm not sure how losing any of them means we're stuck.

vdH would be a big loss but in all honesty he's been below his best the last few games as well. Would be interesting to see how we do with a Rodon/CCV partnership, or reuniting the u23s pairing.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 17:32 - Oct 30 with 1185 viewsPrivate_Partz

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 12:01 - Oct 30 by Catullus

I agree with this post. Get Bony and Montero fit and combined with some prudent team strengthening then we could indeed be contenders.
You do wonder what is the point though when some fans seem content to stay in the Championship. I find this view staggering.
Also if we do have a fire sale and inaction on the team strengthening front in the January widow then we are effed.
This window will be very telling indeed.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 17:54 - Oct 30 with 1171 viewsBrynmill_Jack

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 17:32 - Oct 30 by Private_Partz

I agree with this post. Get Bony and Montero fit and combined with some prudent team strengthening then we could indeed be contenders.
You do wonder what is the point though when some fans seem content to stay in the Championship. I find this view staggering.
Also if we do have a fire sale and inaction on the team strengthening front in the January widow then we are effed.

I know what you mean but that would be suicidal by the Yankees and fly in the face of everything they've said to us from this summer onward. It would leave a few poster high and dry on here considering the faith they've had in them.

I would imagine season tickets sales would be fewer than 5000 should that happen and stay the same til they finally left us. Would make things rather uncomfortable for a few recently made millionaires , too.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 18:01 - Oct 30 with 1163 viewsZaxx

Why take a poll with limited choices?
This guy is a troll who seems to take extreme satisfaction in belittling and abusing true Swans fans. I deliberately didn't say " fellow Swans fans " as no true supporter would go so far out of his way to be so obnoxious.
I've loved my times at the Vetch and the Liberty but this guy seems intent on spoiling my memories and sullying my experiences with his incessant abhorrent tirades on this forum.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 18:06 - Oct 30 with 1149 viewsPrivate_Partz

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 17:54 - Oct 30 by Brynmill_Jack

I know what you mean but that would be suicidal by the Yankees and fly in the face of everything they've said to us from this summer onward. It would leave a few poster high and dry on here considering the faith they've had in them.

I would imagine season tickets sales would be fewer than 5000 should that happen and stay the same til they finally left us. Would make things rather uncomfortable for a few recently made millionaires , too.

Don't get me wrong. I hope the buggars will see sense and keep our starlets and strengthen the team.
I don't like them and I don't trust them though.
Most on here thought the last widow was poor and I think the Sell Outs and the Yanks have been genuinely surprised how well Potter has done.
I hope the good work will be supported but we have form for not supporting our managers.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 18:49 - Oct 30 with 1124 viewsjasper_T

As long as they don't sell any of the young regulars I don't care what they do. No signings? Fine. 4 or 5 high-earning squad players out the door? Brilliant.

Fresh start, long-term project, exactly what Potter's said he's trying to do.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 19:35 - Oct 30 with 1087 viewsDr_Winston

There's no way on Earth that the club will be actively looking to sell players like Rodon, James, Roberts and Celina. Circumstances may force us into selling (a decent offer and a new contract refusal for example) but these are the players that Potter is building his new side around. It ain't gonna happen.

I'd like to think that we'll add two or three extra faces (in midfield especially) come the January window, but more groans are inevitable. There's still a few bigger earners left at the club and we'd clearly want to move them out if at all possible, even if they can still offer us something.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 19:56 - Oct 30 with 1073 viewssideline

don't forget to factor in those greedy agents that will try to push them somewhere so thet can earn a nice little wedge for themselves ??
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 20:09 - Oct 30 with 1061 viewsBrynmill_Jack

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 18:06 - Oct 30 by Private_Partz

Don't get me wrong. I hope the buggars will see sense and keep our starlets and strengthen the team.
I don't like them and I don't trust them though.
Most on here thought the last widow was poor and I think the Sell Outs and the Yanks have been genuinely surprised how well Potter has done.
I hope the good work will be supported but we have form for not supporting our managers.

Me too Partzy, I really hope they realise how close they could be from being promoted back up to the PL at the first attempt. Potter has exceeded expectations and if we could get a couple of new faces and get rid completely of both Ayews I'd be overjoyed.

Let's see what happens.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 20:23 - Oct 30 with 1044 viewsjackrmee

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 14:35 - Oct 30 by Catullus

I really don't think we'd be stuck.
I may have thought that a couple of months ago, but what Potter has done here has changed my mind totally. OK, I believe we do have a "strongest" team, but I find it exciting when he's changing players to different positions so I can see how they do and I'm intrigued by GPs tactics.
My point is...if we get a couple of injuries, I'm confident we have a player or two that GP feels can do a job there, so I no longer think we are short of players.
Now I'm not saying I wouldn't fancy a few signings in January, but I'm easy if not too.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 20:25 - Oct 30 with 1042 viewsjackrmee

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 17:32 - Oct 30 by Private_Partz

I am one of them who's content to stay in the Championship...at least for now. This process is going to be best for this club. Fuk being a yoyo club, or god forbid end up like Scumdiff.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 20:25 - Oct 30 with 1041 viewsjackrmee

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 18:49 - Oct 30 by jasper_T

As long as they don't sell any of the young regulars I don't care what they do. No signings? Fine. 4 or 5 high-earning squad players out the door? Brilliant.

Fresh start, long-term project, exactly what Potter's said he's trying to do.

Bang on that!

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 20:52 - Oct 30 with 1024 viewsDr_Winston

Further evidence of just how out of control the clubs finances were getting.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 21:02 - Oct 30 with 1014 views34dfgdf54

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 19:35 - Oct 30 by Dr_Winston

There's no way on Earth that the club will be actively looking to sell players like Rodon, James, Roberts and Celina. Circumstances may force us into selling (a decent offer and a new contract refusal for example) but these are the players that Potter is building his new side around. It ain't gonna happen.

I'd like to think that we'll add two or three extra faces (in midfield especially) come the January window, but more groans are inevitable. There's still a few bigger earners left at the club and we'd clearly want to move them out if at all possible, even if they can still offer us something.

I don’t think we’ll see any incomings this January.

Will be more going the other way, but I won’t complain. But I’ll say just as I have done all season, be realistic with your expectations and how you judge Potter come the end of season. (Not you personally, fan base in general)
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 21:07 - Oct 30 with 1005 viewsjackrmee

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 20:52 - Oct 30 by Dr_Winston

Further evidence of just how out of control the clubs finances were getting.

Mental we were above West Ham. They got some massive players

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024