Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spot of bother now........ 17:55 - Feb 4 with 32932 viewskropotkin41

16 games left and not a great selection of fixtures, starting next Saturday with Yorkshire's answer to Barcelona.

At first glance I reckon 15 more points............ last season that would have put us in 21st!!

A few more weeks of bad form - even with good play - and things will start to look properly bleak.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Spot of bother now........ on 20:38 - Feb 11 with 1740 viewscalHoop

First time I've said it, unless you're on my what's app group
Spot of bother now........ on 20:42 - Feb 11 with 1724 views2Thomas2Bowles

Spot of bother now........ on 20:37 - Feb 11 by DejR_vu

He's right though

Whether he is right or not makes no difference it's done and he and others are doing it to fecking death

It's a dead Parrot, no matter how many times you shake and rattle it.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2017 20:43]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Spot of bother now........ on 20:44 - Feb 11 with 1705 viewsbaz_qpr

Spot of bother now........ on 20:16 - Feb 11 by calHoop

Is it? I'm not so sure. As bad as everyone thought jimmy was, his record in his last 16 games was better than ollie's first 16. It was pretty turgid stuff admittedly but we are now statistically worse off. We are finding ways to lose games regularly. Poor teams do that.

Ollie has turned over a lot of players and now we are trying to find the right team, whilst quickly being dragged to the relegation zone. It's an utter shambles.

Well yes clearly it is Smith is better than Polter, Manning a revelation Lua Lua and Freeman better than what we have in the position- The problem we have at the moment is that Bidwell and Onhua are having a collective meltdown at the back and its costing us points if there is any criticism its in the failure to bring in another centre back especially if we accept Caulker is either gone to Russia or in rehab means we have no cover currently there because if we did have both would be at best on the bench
Spot of bother now........ on 20:46 - Feb 11 with 1701 viewskropotkin41

The thing is though that we're not being quickly dragged into the relegation zone. It's not time for panic stations because all of the other teams below Cardiff managed at best a draw today, and most of them got beaten.

Crucially for us Rotherham and Blackburn got a draw which was no good to either of them, Wigan and Burton lost, Bristol City threw away a win at Derby, Wolves lost at home, Forest got stuffed, Villa lost and Brentford lost. Not only are we not getting dragged anywhere fast, we're still only a couple of good results off mid-table really........ look at Cardiff.

Our form is pretty rubbish, but we have been unlucky and that won't continue. See what happens over the next three games at least before we throw the panic anchor overboard, shall we?

Spot of bother now........ on 20:49 - Feb 11 with 1682 viewscalHoop

Spot of bother now........ on 20:44 - Feb 11 by baz_qpr

Well yes clearly it is Smith is better than Polter, Manning a revelation Lua Lua and Freeman better than what we have in the position- The problem we have at the moment is that Bidwell and Onhua are having a collective meltdown at the back and its costing us points if there is any criticism its in the failure to bring in another centre back especially if we accept Caulker is either gone to Russia or in rehab means we have no cover currently there because if we did have both would be at best on the bench

On the strength of one game smith is better than polter? In that case and if we are playing that game, I'll raise you the polter from august.

Not sure about lua lua and Freeman yet. And no one is.

Manning absolutely.
Spot of bother now........ on 20:52 - Feb 11 with 1670 viewsBluce_Ree

F**K STATS.

We're fine. Huddersfield are thanking their lucky stars for those points.

Time to go on a run and starting with a dick party in Birmingham's mouths.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Spot of bother now........ on 20:53 - Feb 11 with 1662 viewsDejR_vu

Spot of bother now........ on 20:46 - Feb 11 by kropotkin41

The thing is though that we're not being quickly dragged into the relegation zone. It's not time for panic stations because all of the other teams below Cardiff managed at best a draw today, and most of them got beaten.

Crucially for us Rotherham and Blackburn got a draw which was no good to either of them, Wigan and Burton lost, Bristol City threw away a win at Derby, Wolves lost at home, Forest got stuffed, Villa lost and Brentford lost. Not only are we not getting dragged anywhere fast, we're still only a couple of good results off mid-table really........ look at Cardiff.

Our form is pretty rubbish, but we have been unlucky and that won't continue. See what happens over the next three games at least before we throw the panic anchor overboard, shall we?

We're 19th with two clubs between us and the relegation zone. We're five points above the dotted line with two clubs below us having a game in hand, one of which has a vastly better goal difference. It really won't take an awful lot for us to drop below the line.

Have you seen our run-in from April? We need this pretty much sewn up by the end of March, that's a big ask.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Spot of bother now........ on 21:28 - Feb 11 with 1572 viewskropotkin41

Spot of bother now........ on 20:53 - Feb 11 by DejR_vu

We're 19th with two clubs between us and the relegation zone. We're five points above the dotted line with two clubs below us having a game in hand, one of which has a vastly better goal difference. It really won't take an awful lot for us to drop below the line.

Have you seen our run-in from April? We need this pretty much sewn up by the end of March, that's a big ask.

That's not the same as us being quickly dragged in though is it?

Yes, I agree the run in doesn't look great, but given that quite recently we've beaten Reading and drawn with Newcastle, lost to Blackburn and Burton, I'm not sure how we can tell.

Presently we're not in the relegation zone and all the teams below us are not on great runs or in great form......... neither are several teams above us. I'm not being complacent about this, yes we're in an uncomfortable spot, but look at today, our situation basically got worse by that 1 point Bristol got as they were chucking away a 3 goal lead at Derby......... I bet they feel great at the moment.

Login to get fewer ads

Spot of bother now........ on 21:40 - Feb 11 with 1537 viewsbaz_qpr

Spot of bother now........ on 20:49 - Feb 11 by calHoop

On the strength of one game smith is better than polter? In that case and if we are playing that game, I'll raise you the polter from august.

Not sure about lua lua and Freeman yet. And no one is.

Manning absolutely.

Disagree, seen enough today to see that Smith is technically better and better in the air, also proven at this level I would say Lua Lua is an upgrade on El Khayate
Spot of bother now........ on 21:41 - Feb 11 with 1532 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Spot of bother now........ on 20:16 - Feb 11 by calHoop

Is it? I'm not so sure. As bad as everyone thought jimmy was, his record in his last 16 games was better than ollie's first 16. It was pretty turgid stuff admittedly but we are now statistically worse off. We are finding ways to lose games regularly. Poor teams do that.

Ollie has turned over a lot of players and now we are trying to find the right team, whilst quickly being dragged to the relegation zone. It's an utter shambles.

Utter shambles??

Get a grip.
Spot of bother now........ on 22:24 - Feb 11 with 2815 viewsisawqpratwcity

Spot of bother now........ on 19:11 - Feb 11 by TGRRRSSS

One key thing in our favour is Rotherham look doomed we have 18 points more than them, so it's 2 positions to with about 5 sides who could still go (including several only a point or so above us even Villa in 16th only have 2 points more than us.
Wigan above Rotherham only have 26 points and would look to do a lot to overhaul us, and Blackburn above them still only on 29.

I'd say 42 points will almost certainly be enough to stay up this season, that's 8 points. Wigan and Rotherham home games will be crucial no question.
April looks tough but sometimes playing a higher up side at that time of the season, when they have huge pressure on them with play off positions and getting in and slipping out all off a sudden a visit to Loftus Road may not seem such an easy task.
Wolves one point above us and currently losing to Newcastle.

Everything to play for.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2017 19:20]

I can't see where you get your 'almost certain' safety from at 42 points.

Burton have 31 points from 31 games, 21st place. Blackburn have 29 points from 30 games and are in the relegation zone.

Those figures suggest that 46 points will be a narrow escape.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Spot of bother now........ on 22:26 - Feb 11 with 2809 viewsDannytheR

Getting to be a bit of habit, everyone looking on the bright side of another plucky defeat.

Hope we're this cheerful playing Doncaster next season.
Spot of bother now........ on 22:43 - Feb 11 with 2763 views2Thomas2Bowles

Spot of bother now........ on 22:26 - Feb 11 by DannytheR

Getting to be a bit of habit, everyone looking on the bright side of another plucky defeat.

Would not want you in the trenches

Spot of bother now........ on 22:48 - Feb 11 with 2749 viewsDannytheR

Spot of bother now........ on 22:43 - Feb 11 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Would not want you in the trenches

Do they have those on the internet then?
Spot of bother now........ on 22:54 - Feb 11 with 2724 views2Thomas2Bowles

Spot of bother now........ on 22:48 - Feb 11 by DannytheR

Do they have those on the internet then?

Maybe, just look up for a defeatist group on google I'm sure you will find what you are looking for
[Post edited 11 Feb 2017 23:00]

Spot of bother now........ on 22:56 - Feb 11 with 2715 viewsFredManRave

Spot of bother now........ on 22:26 - Feb 11 by DannytheR

You're confusing being rational with being cheerful.

I'll have a 2 internet pounds sterling bet with you that we don't go down. Are you man enough to take that bet?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Spot of bother now........ on 23:03 - Feb 11 with 2694 viewsDannytheR

Spot of bother now........ on 22:54 - Feb 11 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Maybe, just look up for a defeatist group on google I'm sure you will find what you are looking for
[Post edited 11 Feb 2017 23:00]

Mate, I just spent Saturday afternoon at HQ. I don't need Google for defeats.
Spot of bother now........ on 23:11 - Feb 11 with 2664 views2Thomas2Bowles

Spot of bother now........ on 23:03 - Feb 11 by DannytheR

Mate, I just spent Saturday afternoon at HQ. I don't need Google for defeats.

Umm, not defeat
Defeatist
a person who expects or is excessively ready to accept failure.
synonyms: pessimist, fatalist, yielder, cynic, prophet of doom, doomwatcher kooking on the dark/black side. not up for a fight.

Spot of bother now........ on 23:12 - Feb 11 with 2656 viewsDannytheR

Spot of bother now........ on 22:56 - Feb 11 by FredManRave

You're confusing being rational with being cheerful.

I'll have a 2 internet pounds sterling bet with you that we don't go down. Are you man enough to take that bet?!

We're five points above the relegation zone, with three of the five teams below us with a game in hand. We've just lost to two of them.

We've taken 2 points from the last 5 games, and we haven't won in a month.

I don't like betting against us, but feel free to remind me of the conversation if we stay up. I'll be very pleased to have found I was the one being irrational.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2017 23:17]
Spot of bother now........ on 23:15 - Feb 11 with 2635 viewsDannytheR

Spot of bother now........ on 23:11 - Feb 11 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Umm, not defeat
Defeatist
a person who expects or is excessively ready to accept failure.
synonyms: pessimist, fatalist, yielder, cynic, prophet of doom, doomwatcher kooking on the dark/black side. not up for a fight.

I know, I was just trying a spot of humour. Should have realised I was onto a loser there.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2017 23:16]
Spot of bother now........ on 23:20 - Feb 11 with 2612 views2Thomas2Bowles

Spot of bother now........ on 23:15 - Feb 11 by DannytheR

I know, I was just trying a spot of humour. Should have realised I was onto a loser there.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2017 23:16]

humour.

Don't give up your day job

Spot of bother now........ on 23:22 - Feb 11 with 2597 viewsDannytheR

Spot of bother now........ on 23:20 - Feb 11 by 2Thomas2Bowles

humour.

Don't give up your day job

All that football insight and such a winning personality too.

Go to bed.
Spot of bother now........ on 23:26 - Feb 11 with 2572 viewsCamberleyR

Assuming Blackburn and Burton carry on picking up in their remaining 15-16 games what they have in their last 15-16 and what they have all season i.e roughly a point a game then 47-48 points should do it, four wins and two or three draws. If we can't cobble that together from the games we have left then fúck me, we deserve to go down.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Spot of bother now........ on 23:27 - Feb 11 with 2565 views2Thomas2Bowles

Spot of bother now........ on 23:22 - Feb 11 by DannytheR

All that football insight and such a winning personality too.

Go to bed.

Can't.. you may harm yourself if you don't find some help with your bleakness.

I'm here for you

Spot of bother now........ on 00:04 - Feb 12 with 2503 viewsdigswellhoop

ir we stay up its been a good season Wearnt antwhere nearyet giveus 2 miore years of building a squad that will stay up
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024