Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spot of bother now........ 17:55 - Feb 4 with 32667 viewskropotkin41

16 games left and not a great selection of fixtures, starting next Saturday with Yorkshire's answer to Barcelona.

At first glance I reckon 15 more points............ last season that would have put us in 21st!!

A few more weeks of bad form - even with good play - and things will start to look properly bleak.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Spot of bother now........ on 12:03 - Feb 5 with 2342 viewsPunteR

Spot of bother now........ on 11:43 - Feb 5 by 2Thomas2Bowles

What he said

Hold on. You just called anyone questioning Ollie as " festering poisonous Ollie haters." So you think we're not entitled to an opinion?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Spot of bother now........ on 12:17 - Feb 5 with 2309 views2Thomas2Bowles

Spot of bother now........ on 12:03 - Feb 5 by PunteR

Hold on. You just called anyone questioning Ollie as " festering poisonous Ollie haters." So you think we're not entitled to an opinion?

Depends
Are you saying you are a festering poisonous Ollie hater
"we're" ?
[Post edited 5 Feb 2017 12:20]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Spot of bother now........ on 12:27 - Feb 5 with 2254 viewsFredManRave

I think the OP has caused a spot of bother with this thread.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Spot of bother now........ on 12:27 - Feb 5 with 2252 viewsdaveB

Spot of bother now........ on 11:59 - Feb 5 by isawqpratwcity

I might "think it's worse"?!?!

I don't think it's worse, I KNOW it's worse!

Hasselbaink: 16 games, 20 points.
Holloway: 14 games, 14 points.

Which is worse? Come on, the answer is obvious, even to you two.

You are not fooling anybody.

OK you know it's worse, well done you.

I'm not trying to fool anyone really, my personal opinion is that we are playing better under Holloway and I'm enjoying it more than I did when Hasselbaink was manager. I've never said JFH was terrible or his record was awful i'm just giving my own opinion that from what I've seen we are playing better than before although results haven't always reflected the performances.

If you want to judge only on points then thats upto you for me Holloway has had far tougher away games such as Brighton, Newcastle and Reading to face and he did far better in those games than JFH did at home and I don't think it's so black and white that you can only form opinions based on numbers.

For instance my sons team won 8-2 last week and 1-0 today but todays performance was far better as they were playing a much better side and played really well but if you look at the results on their own you'd assume the 8-2 was better. Same as with QPR, we won 2-1 under JFH at Fulham but drew at home against them but anyone who was at both games will tell you we played far better in the draw than we did in the win which is why I believe it's better now. As I say though you are entitled to think otherwise and to use the numbers to suit your argument.
Spot of bother now........ on 12:29 - Feb 5 with 2240 viewsCamberleyR

And you are boring everybody silly with your stats. Change the record.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Spot of bother now........ on 12:30 - Feb 5 with 3281 viewsBluce_Ree

Nah, f*ck this thread. There's no bother. There has been some improvement. We've lost a couple recently but we're not playing like absolute palsybeasts anymore. We got a point away at Newcastle. We nearly held off Blackburn. We were the better side against Fulham. It's all good.

It'll be a little bit uncomfortable but there's no way we're going down. We're just unpredictable enough that we'll get points where we shouldn't and if our fixtures are tough, that plays right into our hands.

The good thing is we're not entirely embarrassing anymore. I'll totally take that.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Spot of bother now........ on 12:47 - Feb 5 with 3250 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What I can't understand about this thread is how many of you were up early on a Sunday morning!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Spot of bother now........ on 13:24 - Feb 5 with 3187 viewsFredManRave

Spot of bother now........ on 12:47 - Feb 5 by BrianMcCarthy

What I can't understand about this thread is how many of you were up early on a Sunday morning!

Some of us are in our 40's Brian and like to go to bed at a respectable hour and then get up nice and early in the morning with a spring in our step.

We can't all be dirty late night stop outs much as we might want to be!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Login to get fewer ads

Spot of bother now........ on 13:35 - Feb 5 with 3168 viewsBoston

Spot of bother now........ on 19:36 - Feb 4 by THEBUSH

Hope League One ain't our fate, but that's it for me, no more managers or players, we stick with what we have.

Look on the bright side, if we go down there's always the chance of another Oldham Play Off.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Spot of bother now........ on 13:37 - Feb 5 with 3163 viewsWestonsuperR

Spot of bother now........ on 12:30 - Feb 5 by Bluce_Ree

Nah, f*ck this thread. There's no bother. There has been some improvement. We've lost a couple recently but we're not playing like absolute palsybeasts anymore. We got a point away at Newcastle. We nearly held off Blackburn. We were the better side against Fulham. It's all good.

It'll be a little bit uncomfortable but there's no way we're going down. We're just unpredictable enough that we'll get points where we shouldn't and if our fixtures are tough, that plays right into our hands.

The good thing is we're not entirely embarrassing anymore. I'll totally take that.

Agree with a lot of this but "better side v Fulham" even with my biggest QPR hat on that's pushing it a bit!

Think we will have enough to stay up with 6/8pts to spare.
Spot of bother now........ on 13:37 - Feb 5 with 3163 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Spot of bother now........ on 13:24 - Feb 5 by FredManRave

Some of us are in our 40's Brian and like to go to bed at a respectable hour and then get up nice and early in the morning with a spring in our step.

We can't all be dirty late night stop outs much as we might want to be!

Still, I'm hugely impressed. I'm visualising neatly-mowed lawns, sparkling, chaoised cars and tea on a tray up the stairs for yeer loved ones.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Spot of bother now........ on 13:45 - Feb 5 with 3146 viewsisawqpratwcity

Spot of bother now........ on 12:27 - Feb 5 by daveB

OK you know it's worse, well done you.

I'm not trying to fool anyone really, my personal opinion is that we are playing better under Holloway and I'm enjoying it more than I did when Hasselbaink was manager. I've never said JFH was terrible or his record was awful i'm just giving my own opinion that from what I've seen we are playing better than before although results haven't always reflected the performances.

If you want to judge only on points then thats upto you for me Holloway has had far tougher away games such as Brighton, Newcastle and Reading to face and he did far better in those games than JFH did at home and I don't think it's so black and white that you can only form opinions based on numbers.

For instance my sons team won 8-2 last week and 1-0 today but todays performance was far better as they were playing a much better side and played really well but if you look at the results on their own you'd assume the 8-2 was better. Same as with QPR, we won 2-1 under JFH at Fulham but drew at home against them but anyone who was at both games will tell you we played far better in the draw than we did in the win which is why I believe it's better now. As I say though you are entitled to think otherwise and to use the numbers to suit your argument.

Yeah, but do you know it's worse?

You do understand how the league works, right? It doesn't go on whether you, me or anybody think we're playing better, it goes on the number of points you get.

That is why this isn't some aimless discussion over statistics. That is why it matters that Holloway's record is worse than Hasselbaink's. We are closer to relegation under Holloway than we were under Hasselbaink because we are winning points at a lower rate.

Keep making whatever value judgements you like, but points per game is the critical, objective measure. Don't pretend it isn't.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Spot of bother now........ on 13:50 - Feb 5 with 3121 views2Thomas2Bowles

Spot of bother now........ on 13:45 - Feb 5 by isawqpratwcity

Yeah, but do you know it's worse?

You do understand how the league works, right? It doesn't go on whether you, me or anybody think we're playing better, it goes on the number of points you get.

That is why this isn't some aimless discussion over statistics. That is why it matters that Holloway's record is worse than Hasselbaink's. We are closer to relegation under Holloway than we were under Hasselbaink because we are winning points at a lower rate.

Keep making whatever value judgements you like, but points per game is the critical, objective measure. Don't pretend it isn't.

Spot of bother now........ on 14:04 - Feb 5 with 3096 viewsisawqpratwcity

Spot of bother now........ on 13:50 - Feb 5 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Yeah, I could reply to that with some 'head in the sand' jpeg, but instead let me compare your quote...

"it's true that results in terms of points have not been better",

to Hirohito's "the war situation has developed not necessarily to Japan's advantage".

Convoluted, self-serving language to avoid acknowledging an unpleasant truth.

Spot of bother now........ on 14:07 - Feb 5 with 3082 viewsStanisgod

Just to clarify , if we win the next two do they then not have the same record , maths was never my strong point. Suerely you cant compare until they've played the same number ?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Spot of bother now........ on 14:10 - Feb 5 with 3073 views2Thomas2Bowles

Spot of bother now........ on 14:04 - Feb 5 by isawqpratwcity

Yeah, I could reply to that with some 'head in the sand' jpeg, but instead let me compare your quote...

"it's true that results in terms of points have not been better",

to Hirohito's "the war situation has developed not necessarily to Japan's advantage".

Convoluted, self-serving language to avoid acknowledging an unpleasant truth.

acknowledging an unpleasant truth

You're a mad dog with fleas scratching and biting, hanging on to your bone for dear life ?

I think we see that

Spot of bother now........ on 14:14 - Feb 5 with 3049 views2Thomas2Bowles

Spot of bother now........ on 14:07 - Feb 5 by Stanisgod

Just to clarify , if we win the next two do they then not have the same record , maths was never my strong point. Suerely you cant compare until they've played the same number ?

Spot of bother now........ on 14:34 - Feb 5 with 2993 viewscheeseydane

You're actually loving all this aren't ya.
I think the recent improvement (performance, atmosphere, style of football, our own kids playing, club unity etc) is something to get behind, support and push forward. Its what we generally yearned after.
How anyone would use a stat, a stat that bears no real relation to the true progress of this club atm, to get their rocks off on a keyboard is beyond me.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Spot of bother now........ on 14:38 - Feb 5 with 2983 viewsisawqpratwcity

Spot of bother now........ on 14:07 - Feb 5 by Stanisgod

That's why it's points per game. Coincidentally, Holloway's record after 14 games is exactly where it was when I first made this comparison after 9 games; still exactly 1.00 points per game.

Fwiw, I suggested that 2T2B concede that Holloway's record is worse so far (nobody knows what is in the future, right?), but no, these boys cannot concede anything that criticises Holloway. It's like North bloody Korea.

If Holloway does get his points per game up to match (or even exceed) Hasselbaink's, then we will be in no danger of relegation and we will all be happy. Just don't pretend we're there yet.

Spot of bother now........ on 14:39 - Feb 5 with 2979 views2Thomas2Bowles

Well as Stanisgod has pointed out (not played the same number of games re points)

It's you that's not fooling anybody just yourself

So now you can have my answer

Nope not worse
yet...

But I'm sure you will be back next week should we not beat Huddersfield who are flying otm and claim your righteous badge.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2017 14:53]

Spot of bother now........ on 14:49 - Feb 5 with 2951 viewsfrancisbowles

I didn't want us to change the manager mid season this year or last.

When JFH came in we had a really poor run, dropping many points in the last few minutes of matches. I think it was ten matches, approx., before he got a win.

Ollie came in and lost his first six. Then he got fortunate that Mackie was fit, which had been denied both his predecessors and he found, with an enforced change at Wolves, that Manning could step up.

From that point on our performance has been much improved in the majority of our matches and our form has been better overall.

JFH's side hit a decent patch of form at home towards the end of last season. Something similar this season should see us finish higher up the table.

We need to put the meaningless stats to bed and concentrate on making Loftus Road a fortress again!

Come on u Rrrrrrrs
Spot of bother now........ on 15:12 - Feb 5 with 2916 viewsisawqpratwcity

Spot of bother now........ on 14:34 - Feb 5 by cheeseydane

You're actually loving all this aren't ya.
I think the recent improvement (performance, atmosphere, style of football, our own kids playing, club unity etc) is something to get behind, support and push forward. Its what we generally yearned after.
How anyone would use a stat, a stat that bears no real relation to the true progress of this club atm, to get their rocks off on a keyboard is beyond me.

Have you read through all of this thread? Have you seen any post of mine, anywhere, where I have criticised any of the criteria you list?

No, you haven't.

Btw, that stat that you say "bears no real relation to the true progress of this club" is the one that decides if we go into League One next season.

I put this on the Reading report:

"Never mind that I thought JFH shouldn't have been sacked, it didn't matter, he was gone and not coming back. But worse was, despite Holloway's pedigree, he just wasn't performing. Even the Wolves and Ipswich games weren't convincing.

"But this was the business. 100%, no question. A plan, performances from every player and confidence."

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/44784/holloways-arm

I have said on this thread "I'm not disagreeing that the football has improved. I thought the Reading and Fulham games were our best in years!"

I said this on http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/188693/2636477/oll

"But not for me. I hear his pronouncements only as the the usual 'manager's noises'. I go by what I see on the pitch. I thought the Reading and Fulham games were the best we've played since Warnock's promotion season (although tbf, I don't see that many games) and because it was such a complete turnaround (players performances, plan, spirit, confidence, everything), I give him unreserved, full credit for that improvement. Here's hoping that he can tap into that vein again. It's so close."

So don't tell me I'm doing this to get my rocks off. Do some research before you make accusations like that. I want Holloway to succeed as much as anybody, because if he succeeds, we succeed. I just don't subscribe to this ridiculous 'there's-nothing-wrong-with-Holloway' crap.

Spot of bother now........ on 15:31 - Feb 5 with 2865 viewsisawqpratwcity

Spot of bother now........ on 14:39 - Feb 5 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Well as Stanisgod has pointed out (not played the same number of games re points)

It's you that's not fooling anybody just yourself

So now you can have my answer

Nope not worse
yet...

But I'm sure you will be back next week should we not beat Huddersfield who are flying otm and claim your righteous badge.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2017 14:53]

Christ on a bike! That's what you're relying on, that they haven't played the same number of games? That is why it is points per game.

Choose better counsel: Stanisgod said maths was never his strong point.

If you are serious, then you don't have as much of a grasp of this as I thought and I may have to cut you more slack.

But I don't think so. I'd say the bloke who crafts the phrase "it's true that results in terms of points have not been better" knows what he is saying and is trying to hide an unwelcome reality.

Spot of bother now........ on 15:37 - Feb 5 with 2840 viewsDejR_vu

Is this still going on?

What on earth are you two on about? It's like arguing whether a chocolate fireguard is worse than a chocolate teapot.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Spot of bother now........ on 15:42 - Feb 5 with 2818 views2Thomas2Bowles

Have a song

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024