Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
90 year old woman raped 18:05 - Jun 25 with 9027 viewsShun

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/90yearold-woman-in-rochdale-dragged-o

On Spotland Road yesterday morning. This town just gets better!
[Post edited 25 Jun 2014 18:12]
90 year old woman raped on 19:14 - Jun 25 with 6624 viewsPDIDDY

Beyond belief, hope the lady recovers from this and the tvvat gets his just desserts

Gissa job

90 year old woman raped on 09:50 - Jun 26 with 6356 viewswidgibob

People often ask me why I moved away from Rochdale.
When I tell them they think I'm exaggerating.

Miguel, Miguel de Souza, his name's peculiar,Miguel de Souza...........HIYA MATE HIYA MATE HIYA MATE.

90 year old woman raped on 10:42 - Jun 26 with 6287 viewsD_Alien

90 year old woman raped on 09:50 - Jun 26 by widgibob

Ridiculous statement.

This type of things happens elsewhere. If it happens where you're living now, will you move from there as well?

We're all as aghast as you are by this crime, but making something of it that it's not, does you no credit.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

90 year old woman raped on 10:47 - Jun 26 with 6273 viewsdingdangblue

What do you tell them? And what Paradise do you live in now?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

90 year old woman raped on 11:33 - Jun 26 with 6225 viewsSuddenLad

Like this kind of thing is specific to Rochdale !!

FFS, I bet you leave your keys in your car overnight and all your windows open when you go out. After all, crime only happens in Rochdale.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

90 year old woman raped on 11:49 - Jun 26 with 6204 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

36 MINUTES AGO

'No forensic evidence' that 90-year-old was raped

No forensic evidence has been found to confirm that a 90-year-old woman was raped in Rochdale, police have said.

“The lady in question stated she had been raped and she gave the same account when she was video interviewed," superintendent Alistair Mallen said.

A 90-year-old woman claimed she was raped as she walked to a local shop in Rochdale.
“As people would expect we carried out forensic tests and these were fast-tracked overnight. At this stage no forensic evidence has been obtained."

Mr Mallen said police were continuing to investigate the full circumstances of what happened, with specially-trained officers continuing to provide support to the 90-year-old lady.

Greater Manchester Police said it felt the community needed to be made aware of the incident, amid questions about why the force decided to make a public appeal about the case.

...so slightly different angle from Supt Alistair Mallen's first comment that it was "vile, wicked and despicable crime". Maybe he should have waited for the results before commenting.
90 year old woman raped on 12:25 - Jun 26 with 6149 viewsSuddenLad

90 year old woman raped on 11:49 - Jun 26 by Albert_Whitehurst

36 MINUTES AGO

'No forensic evidence' that 90-year-old was raped

No forensic evidence has been found to confirm that a 90-year-old woman was raped in Rochdale, police have said.

“The lady in question stated she had been raped and she gave the same account when she was video interviewed," superintendent Alistair Mallen said.

A 90-year-old woman claimed she was raped as she walked to a local shop in Rochdale.
“As people would expect we carried out forensic tests and these were fast-tracked overnight. At this stage no forensic evidence has been obtained."

Mr Mallen said police were continuing to investigate the full circumstances of what happened, with specially-trained officers continuing to provide support to the 90-year-old lady.

Greater Manchester Police said it felt the community needed to be made aware of the incident, amid questions about why the force decided to make a public appeal about the case.

...so slightly different angle from Supt Alistair Mallen's first comment that it was "vile, wicked and despicable crime". Maybe he should have waited for the results before commenting.

Don't be an arse. The Police responded according to what they had been told by the 'victim' and others to whom she made the allegations. In the circumstances public safety is paramount and with reports that a rapist is at large, every effort has to be made to find him..

Having been made aware that a female (of any age) had been raped it is right for the Police to respond and make others aware. Given the information they had, the police officer in question described that offence in appropriate terms.

As it turns out (from what I hear elsewhere) 'there is no forensic evidence to substantiate a rape allegation' and that the woman in question possibly has 'psychological problems'. That does NOT mean that she wasn't the subject of some kind of physical attack.

If the Police made no mention of any 'incident' until after tests were conducted and then it was discovered that they had 'kept quiet' for 36 hours, there would (rightly) be uproar.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2014 12:40]

90 year old woman raped on 12:46 - Jun 26 with 6094 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

90 year old woman raped on 12:25 - Jun 26 by SuddenLad

Don't be an arse. The Police responded according to what they had been told by the 'victim' and others to whom she made the allegations. In the circumstances public safety is paramount and with reports that a rapist is at large, every effort has to be made to find him..

Having been made aware that a female (of any age) had been raped it is right for the Police to respond and make others aware. Given the information they had, the police officer in question described that offence in appropriate terms.

As it turns out (from what I hear elsewhere) 'there is no forensic evidence to substantiate a rape allegation' and that the woman in question possibly has 'psychological problems'. That does NOT mean that she wasn't the subject of some kind of physical attack.

If the Police made no mention of any 'incident' until after tests were conducted and then it was discovered that they had 'kept quiet' for 36 hours, there would (rightly) be uproar.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2014 12:40]

Don't be an arse.

There's a huge difference between making mention of a reported crime to raise awareness and condemning a crime outright while exact and precise details are still being confirmed. The former should be encouraged, not the latter. Have a read of his full commentary:

Supt Alistair Mallen said it was "vile, wicked and despicable crime".

"I am sure the entire community will share our revulsion at this," Supt Mallen said.

"I now want people... to imagine if that had been your mum or grandma.

"I want to harness these feelings and use them to help the police do their job - catch this man and put him before the courts."

...not slightly over the top in your considered view?
[Post edited 26 Jun 2014 12:49]
Login to get fewer ads

90 year old woman raped on 12:48 - Jun 26 with 6088 viewsD_Alien

If it turns out that the female in question has psychological problems but no actual crime took place, no doubt widgibob will be telling us he moved away because of the danger from frail elderly ladies.

90 year old woman raped on 13:35 - Jun 26 with 5977 viewsSuddenLad

90 year old woman raped on 12:46 - Jun 26 by Albert_Whitehurst

Don't be an arse.

There's a huge difference between making mention of a reported crime to raise awareness and condemning a crime outright while exact and precise details are still being confirmed. The former should be encouraged, not the latter. Have a read of his full commentary:

"I am sure the entire community will share our revulsion at this," Supt Mallen said.

"I want to harness these feelings and use them to help the police do their job - catch this man and put him before the courts."

Absolutely not over the top, because at the time he made the statement he had every reason to believe that such a crime had taken place and he spoke to the media accordingly. The 'victim' had by this time recounted the story on separate occasions and MUST be taken at her word until it can be proved otherwise.

A crime such as rape is repulsive (never mind the age of the alleged victim) and causes fear amongst the community. When a report is received, it is the job of the Police to investigate and ask for public assistance in doing so. If asking people to empathise with the victim and imagine how they would feel if the victim was a relative, it is merely reinforcing the point and trying to appeal to the wider public.

Everything you have quoted was pertinent at the time the statement was made.

Hindsight is a fantastic weapon with which to criticise people.

90 year old woman raped on 13:48 - Jun 26 with 5958 viewsTalkingSutty

90 year old woman raped on 12:46 - Jun 26 by Albert_Whitehurst

Don't be an arse.

The Superintendent acted on the information he had at the time, he was trying to be pro-active and make the local community aware that a very serious crime had taken place. After any allegation of rape there are forensic tests that have to be done to obtain evidence so there is always a delay. The fact this was a 90 year old lady in broad daylight would make you think there was a desperate predator on the prowl. I think the boss was right to err on the side of caution and look at the worst case scenario. Hope the old lady is looked after.
90 year old woman raped on 13:52 - Jun 26 with 5950 viewsChaffRAFC

90 year old woman raped on 12:48 - Jun 26 by D_Alien

If it turns out that the female in question has psychological problems but no actual crime took place, no doubt widgibob will be telling us he moved away because of the danger from frail elderly ladies.

Sounds like that episode of Only Fools and Horses where Rodney gets accused of rape by Blossom and goes on the run!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

90 year old woman raped on 14:21 - Jun 26 with 5899 viewsolympicdale

90 year old woman raped on 12:48 - Jun 26 by D_Alien

gotta watch out for 'em.

Life is a game of fate.

90 year old woman raped on 14:52 - Jun 26 with 5847 viewsGambo

I don't know what's worse a rapist on the prowl capable of raping a lonely old 90 year old spinster on her way to buying a bacon butty or a 90 year old woman crying rape , Rochdale really is the pits of the earth .
90 year old woman raped on 14:55 - Jun 26 with 5845 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

90 year old woman raped on 13:35 - Jun 26 by SuddenLad

Absolutely not over the top, because at the time he made the statement he had every reason to believe that such a crime had taken place and he spoke to the media accordingly. The 'victim' had by this time recounted the story on separate occasions and MUST be taken at her word until it can be proved otherwise.

A crime such as rape is repulsive (never mind the age of the alleged victim) and causes fear amongst the community. When a report is received, it is the job of the Police to investigate and ask for public assistance in doing so. If asking people to empathise with the victim and imagine how they would feel if the victim was a relative, it is merely reinforcing the point and trying to appeal to the wider public.

Everything you have quoted was pertinent at the time the statement was made.

Hindsight is a fantastic weapon with which to criticise people.

Nonce sense.

The victim indeed should be taken at their word but the role of the Police, if speaking to the media, is to inform them of what has been reported and ensure the message is carried to the public to remain vigilant etc.

This goes way beyond that, he made a statement that this crime had indeed happened rather than this crime had been reported. Mallen should take far more care in the way he comments on reported crime.

You can tell by his statement this afternoon that he has done a fair amount of backtracking...possibly having received a b*llocking for the earlier statement.

It doesn't take much for incorrect claims to be made in public and taken seriously. Just ask Bill Roache!
90 year old woman raped on 15:48 - Jun 26 with 5787 viewsD_Alien

90 year old woman raped on 14:52 - Jun 26 by Gambo

I don't know what's worse a rapist on the prowl capable of raping a lonely old 90 year old spinster on her way to buying a bacon butty or a 90 year old woman crying rape , Rochdale really is the pits of the earth .

I believe within the next 5-10 years, there will be treatments which will delay the onset of dementia.

On the other hand, there's no possible cure for being a brainless tvvat.

90 year old woman raped on 15:52 - Jun 26 with 5777 viewsmightydale

90 year old woman raped on 14:52 - Jun 26 by Gambo

You really are a fu cking bellend

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

90 year old woman raped on 15:55 - Jun 26 with 5760 viewsTalkingSutty

90 year old woman raped on 15:48 - Jun 26 by D_Alien

I believe within the next 5-10 years, there will be treatments which will delay the onset of dementia.

Yep, even 90 year old confused old ladies get no sympathy from some of today's society. What a sad country we live in
90 year old woman raped on 16:11 - Jun 26 with 5726 viewsSuddenLad

90 year old woman raped on 14:55 - Jun 26 by Albert_Whitehurst

Nonce sense.

The victim indeed should be taken at their word but the role of the Police, if speaking to the media, is to inform them of what has been reported and ensure the message is carried to the public to remain vigilant etc.

This goes way beyond that, he made a statement that this crime had indeed happened rather than this crime had been reported. Mallen should take far more care in the way he comments on reported crime.

You can tell by his statement this afternoon that he has done a fair amount of backtracking...possibly having received a b*llocking for the earlier statement.

It doesn't take much for incorrect claims to be made in public and taken seriously. Just ask Bill Roache!

He will have received no such 'bollocking' as you put it. He has merely revised the comments to say that there is still evidence that a serious sexual assault took place, but no forensic evidence to confirm a rape.

Use your imagination what 'evidential samples' might have been tested to arrive at that decision.

He had every reason to believe that the crime had happened, because that was the claim being made by the victim. Why should her version of accounts be doubted ? I'm sure it isn't every day that a 90 year-old woman claims that she is the victim of such an offence.

Or should the Police simply assume that because she's 90 years she's not competent to report what's happened ?

90 year old woman raped on 18:19 - Jun 26 with 5637 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

90 year old woman raped on 16:11 - Jun 26 by SuddenLad

He will have received no such 'bollocking' as you put it. He has merely revised the comments to say that there is still evidence that a serious sexual assault took place, but no forensic evidence to confirm a rape.

Use your imagination what 'evidential samples' might have been tested to arrive at that decision.

He had every reason to believe that the crime had happened, because that was the claim being made by the victim. Why should her version of accounts be doubted ? I'm sure it isn't every day that a 90 year-old woman claims that she is the victim of such an offence.

Or should the Police simply assume that because she's 90 years she's not competent to report what's happened ?

How do you know?

Comments revised yes. Although the Police now say they have not ruled the case out as rape (according to the MEN).

He had every reason to follow up on the claim and for the Police to investigate, as is their role. If required to speak to the media then inform that a rape has been reported and the Police are investigating, if there were witnesses or anyone can help with the investigation then come forward. Stick to what is known...that a rape has been reported.

I haven't stated or alluded that her comments should be doubted, nor that the Police should assume she is not competent to report an instance...so I'm not quite sure where you're going with that.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2014 18:25]
90 year old woman raped on 20:29 - Jun 26 with 5541 viewsCamdenDale

90 year old woman raped on 15:48 - Jun 26 by D_Alien

Had assumed Gambo was joking/taking mick out of widgibob?
[Post edited 26 Jun 2014 20:30]
90 year old woman raped on 21:17 - Jun 26 with 5480 viewswidgibob

90 year old woman raped on 10:42 - Jun 26 by D_Alien

Ridiculous statement.

This type of things happens elsewhere. If it happens where you're living now, will you move from there as well?

We're all as aghast as you are by this crime, but making something of it that it's not, does you no credit.

Yes it does happen elsewhere, but I'm not from elsewhere l'm from Rochdale, so when people ask why I left and I tell them my reasons they think I'm exaggerating. It's not that ridiculous.
And yes if it got to the point that crime like this was happening in my village I would move.

Miguel, Miguel de Souza, his name's peculiar,Miguel de Souza...........HIYA MATE HIYA MATE HIYA MATE.

90 year old woman raped on 21:29 - Jun 26 with 5459 viewsTVOS1907

90 year old woman raped on 21:17 - Jun 26 by widgibob

Yes it does happen elsewhere, but I'm not from elsewhere l'm from Rochdale, so when people ask why I left and I tell them my reasons they think I'm exaggerating. It's not that ridiculous.
And yes if it got to the point that crime like this was happening in my village I would move.

Some people might simply choose to move for the love of a good woman.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

90 year old woman raped on 21:34 - Jun 26 with 5447 viewswidgibob

90 year old woman raped on 10:47 - Jun 26 by dingdangblue

What do you tell them? And what Paradise do you live in now?

I usually tell them the moment turned round to the Mrs and said "yes lets move from Rochdale it is a silly place"
I woke up one night to the sound of a group of lads and girls walking down the street, a couple of the lads where walking over the roofs of cars, as you do. A bloke came out a had a go, as you do, and ended up with a bottle over his head and while he was down one of the girls in the group kicked him in his face. The police came round to see him (the next day!) and the fella didn't want to press charges because he was scared of what would happen to him afterwards. If they want more I go on the observer website.
I now live in a little village in Lincolnshire its definitely not paradise but it is a lovely place to bring your kid up. When I first moved here I thought It was full of weirdos because people I didn't know where saying hello to me it turns out they were just being nice.

90 year old woman raped on 21:43 - Jun 26 with 5434 viewswidgibob

90 year old woman raped on 11:33 - Jun 26 by SuddenLad

Like this kind of thing is specific to Rochdale !!

FFS, I bet you leave your keys in your car overnight and all your windows open when you go out. After all, crime only happens in Rochdale.

Never said it was, but like I said I can only talk about Rochdale as thats where I'm from. Yes I also leave my car unlocked.
A little story. When I first moved there was two mountain bikes leaned up a lamppost for three days, not chained up just leaning there (one was a cracker too). Now you tell me anywhere in Rochdale that could happen.
There is a lot worse places than Rochdale I know, but there is a lot more nicer places to.
Saying all this I'm actually proud of coming from dale and there is lots I miss. Its like having a family member whos a bit of a tool, your aloud to call him a knob but nobody else is.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024