Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
90 year old woman raped 18:05 - Jun 25 with 9030 viewsShun

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/90yearold-woman-in-rochdale-dragged-o

On Spotland Road yesterday morning. This town just gets better!
[Post edited 25 Jun 2014 18:12]
90 year old woman raped on 21:45 - Jun 26 with 2443 viewswidgibob

90 year old woman raped on 21:29 - Jun 26 by TVOS1907

Some people might simply choose to move for the love of a good woman.

It is true, or the love for your child who you want the best start in life you can possibly give them.

Miguel, Miguel de Souza, his name's peculiar,Miguel de Souza...........HIYA MATE HIYA MATE HIYA MATE.

90 year old woman raped on 22:10 - Jun 26 with 2398 views442Dale

90 year old woman raped on 21:34 - Jun 26 by widgibob

I usually tell them the moment turned round to the Mrs and said "yes lets move from Rochdale it is a silly place"
I woke up one night to the sound of a group of lads and girls walking down the street, a couple of the lads where walking over the roofs of cars, as you do. A bloke came out a had a go, as you do, and ended up with a bottle over his head and while he was down one of the girls in the group kicked him in his face. The police came round to see him (the next day!) and the fella didn't want to press charges because he was scared of what would happen to him afterwards. If they want more I go on the observer website.
I now live in a little village in Lincolnshire its definitely not paradise but it is a lovely place to bring your kid up. When I first moved here I thought It was full of weirdos because people I didn't know where saying hello to me it turns out they were just being nice.

This being nice thing, reckon I could try it some time?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

90 year old woman raped on 22:13 - Jun 26 with 2392 viewsTVOS1907

90 year old woman raped on 22:10 - Jun 26 by 442Dale

Only if you keep off widgibob's car.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

90 year old woman raped on 22:27 - Jun 26 with 2367 viewsolympicdale

90 year old woman raped on 15:52 - Jun 26 by mightydale

You really are a fu cking bellend

oooooh theyre all coming out today.

Life is a game of fate.

90 year old woman raped on 22:29 - Jun 26 with 2364 viewsD_Alien

90 year old woman raped on 21:17 - Jun 26 by widgibob

Yes it does happen elsewhere, but I'm not from elsewhere l'm from Rochdale, so when people ask why I left and I tell them my reasons they think I'm exaggerating. It's not that ridiculous.
And yes if it got to the point that crime like this was happening in my village I would move.

Fair play to you for responding with an explanation.

The thing is, there are areas of London where many people just wouldn't tread. Does anyone call London the pits?

Spotland Road (Falinge) is just one area in Rochdale. I walk through it regularly and have never felt a moments hesitation or threat.

I still have a home in Rochdale but spend a lot of my time in the leafy lanes of Cheshire (for the love of a good woman) but I wouldn't dream of calling the town I was born in. I'd see it more as a reflection on me, and my attitude, than anything else, just as I view those who moan at the Dale when we're top of the league as having "that certain outlook" on life.

[Post edited 26 Jun 2014 22:33]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

90 year old woman raped on 22:50 - Jun 26 with 2340 viewswidgibob

90 year old woman raped on 22:10 - Jun 26 by 442Dale

Give it a go, it feels kind of ...nice

Really you've always been nice. Underneath this hard 442 exterior is a little teddy bear
[Post edited 26 Jun 2014 23:17]

Miguel, Miguel de Souza, his name's peculiar,Miguel de Souza...........HIYA MATE HIYA MATE HIYA MATE.

90 year old woman raped on 23:08 - Jun 26 with 2314 viewswidgibob

90 year old woman raped on 22:29 - Jun 26 by D_Alien

The thing is, there are areas of London where many people just wouldn't tread. Does anyone call London the pits?

Spotland Road (Falinge) is just one area in Rochdale. I walk through it regularly and have never felt a moments hesitation or threat.

I still have a home in Rochdale but spend a lot of my time in the leafy lanes of Cheshire (for the love of a good woman) but I wouldn't dream of calling the town I was born in. I'd see it more as a reflection on me, and my attitude, than anything else, just as I view those who moan at the Dale when we're top of the league as having "that certain outlook" on life.

To be honest I dont really think you can call somewhere the pits, etc until you've lived and breathed it. I bet a lot of people from those parts of london will call it a sh1t hole but its their sh1t hole and they're proud of it. I am proud of where I'm from ( the lads at work call me yorkie because they know it irritates me). I want my daughter to grow up somewhere nice but I never let her forget where she's from. (These yellow bellies are frightened to death of strong northern women!) And as for frail elderly women, I live 15 mile from Mablethorpe you can't move for the ruddy things in the summer. Like a plague of locusts.

90 year old woman raped on 23:12 - Jun 26 with 2310 viewsBrighouseDale

90 year old woman raped on 22:29 - Jun 26 by D_Alien

I'd call London the pits. Couldn't pay me to live there.

Go to London! I guarantee you'll either be mugged or not appreciated. Catch the train to London, stopping at Rejection, Disappointment, Backstabbing Central and Shattered Dreams Parkway.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Login to get fewer ads

90 year old woman raped on 23:22 - Jun 26 with 2293 viewsBrighouseDale

90 year old woman raped on 23:12 - Jun 26 by BrighouseDale

Go to London! I guarantee you'll either be mugged or not appreciated. Catch the train to London, stopping at Rejection, Disappointment, Backstabbing Central and Shattered Dreams Parkway.

On a serious note, I do hope the old lady is being taken care of. Every town has good parts and bad parts. Comparing a small village in rural Lincolnshire to Rochdale isn't really fair, but I'd imagine most provincial towns in the UK which are roughly the same size as Rochdale, and have roughly the same population as Rochdale, have roughly the same amount of crime as Rochdale.

I don't have the statistics to hand but I'm pretty certain there are rapists, peadophiles in take-aways, and women committing suicide in Halifax too. The media just seems to focus on Rochdale for some reason.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

90 year old woman raped (n/t) on 06:29 - Jun 27 with 2229 viewsCamdenDale

[Post edited 27 Jun 2014 6:30]
90 year old woman raped on 10:50 - Jun 27 with 2125 viewsD_Alien

Spent 3 years in London as a student.

It's the pits

Just on another note - with this thread open, there's a tab near the top of the screen that reads:

"90 year old woman raped by Shun"

90 year old woman raped on 11:39 - Jun 27 with 2077 viewsdingdangblue

90 year old woman raped on 21:34 - Jun 26 by widgibob

I usually tell them the moment turned round to the Mrs and said "yes lets move from Rochdale it is a silly place"
I woke up one night to the sound of a group of lads and girls walking down the street, a couple of the lads where walking over the roofs of cars, as you do. A bloke came out a had a go, as you do, and ended up with a bottle over his head and while he was down one of the girls in the group kicked him in his face. The police came round to see him (the next day!) and the fella didn't want to press charges because he was scared of what would happen to him afterwards. If they want more I go on the observer website.
I now live in a little village in Lincolnshire its definitely not paradise but it is a lovely place to bring your kid up. When I first moved here I thought It was full of weirdos because people I didn't know where saying hello to me it turns out they were just being nice.

Fair do's. I live in Hopwood, a lovely little part of Heywood on a nice quiet estate. People say hello here too. My eldest boy 6 loves his school and has lots of nice friends, my youngest girl 3 goes to a local playschool and has lots of fun. We are all looking forward to the 1940's weekend coming up this weekend where the community all get together. There are reasons not to move away also. Dale being the main one.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

90 year old woman raped on 12:57 - Jun 27 with 2009 viewsTalkingSutty

90 year old woman raped on 11:39 - Jun 27 by dingdangblue

Fair do's. I live in Hopwood, a lovely little part of Heywood on a nice quiet estate. People say hello here too. My eldest boy 6 loves his school and has lots of nice friends, my youngest girl 3 goes to a local playschool and has lots of fun. We are all looking forward to the 1940's weekend coming up this weekend where the community all get together. There are reasons not to move away also. Dale being the main one.

Some great places to live just a few miles from Rochdale. I think they will have to take me out of Littleborough in a box.
Friendly people, great restaurants and pubs, shops and fantastic scenic countryside. Having a local train station within walking distance is the icing on the cake.

I am in the minority because i like the rawness and diversity of Rochdale.Its rough and ready but lifes not easy for a lot of people in and around the town they live by their wits and from day to day. From time to time i like to call into the Regal Moon and have a couple of pints just observing some of the characters, that pub sums the town up for me. Some dodgy characters but in general people are very friendly.
90 year old woman raped on 13:46 - Jun 27 with 1973 viewsdingdangblue

90 year old woman raped on 12:57 - Jun 27 by TalkingSutty

Some great places to live just a few miles from Rochdale. I think they will have to take me out of Littleborough in a box.
Friendly people, great restaurants and pubs, shops and fantastic scenic countryside. Having a local train station within walking distance is the icing on the cake.

I am in the minority because i like the rawness and diversity of Rochdale.Its rough and ready but lifes not easy for a lot of people in and around the town they live by their wits and from day to day. From time to time i like to call into the Regal Moon and have a couple of pints just observing some of the characters, that pub sums the town up for me. Some dodgy characters but in general people are very friendly.

And that was just the night we celebrated promotion!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

90 year old woman raped on 14:00 - Jun 27 with 1957 viewsD_Alien

90 year old woman raped on 12:57 - Jun 27 by TalkingSutty

That pretty much sums up how I feel about the place, even down to the reasons for visiting t' Regal Moon - plus with CAMRA vouchers I can get a superb and ever-changing variety of real ales for less than £2 a pint!

I can walk to the Dale and enjoy a couple of pints without the bother of parking, and I'll be honest - whenever I'm away and drive back off the M62 towards Sandbrook Park, the sight of the moors in the distance gives me a warm glow - I'm home!

Karen Danczuk got it right when she said she can't think of anywhere else she'd want to live. It's a long way from a 90yo potential rape victim to Karen, but then this messageboard is a good reflection of what it's like to live here.

[Post edited 27 Jun 2014 14:03]

90 year old woman raped on 14:17 - Jun 27 with 1788 viewsnordenblue

90 year old woman raped on 14:00 - Jun 27 by D_Alien

That pretty much sums up how I feel about the place, even down to the reasons for visiting t' Regal Moon - plus with CAMRA vouchers I can get a superb and ever-changing variety of real ales for less than £2 a pint!

I can walk to the Dale and enjoy a couple of pints without the bother of parking, and I'll be honest - whenever I'm away and drive back off the M62 towards Sandbrook Park, the sight of the moors in the distance gives me a warm glow - I'm home!

Karen Danczuk got it right when she said she can't think of anywhere else she'd want to live. It's a long way from a 90yo potential rape victim to Karen, but then this messageboard is a good reflection of what it's like to live here.

Would a Mrs Danczuk say that anyway to get people in the town on her side though?I'll be honest if it wasn't for the football I'd never set foot in the place such is my detest for the town,all very sad having been born in Birch Hill and lived many decades around the borough.Im proud of the town im from but im afraid it has no resemblance to the one I grew up in sadly and every visit for the football only confirms this for me.
90 year old woman raped on 17:14 - Jun 27 with 1732 views49thseason

90 year old woman raped on 14:00 - Jun 27 by D_Alien

Karen Danczuk obviously needs to get out more if she can't think of anywhere she would prefer to live.

http://www.surreymirror.co.uk/Reigate-s-house-assets-make-country-s-best-places/

This guy seems to disagree with her too
http://www.ilivehere.co.uk/rochdale-2.html
90 year old woman raped on 17:37 - Jun 27 with 1705 viewsKenBoon

It's far too easy to have a pop at Rochdale. Whether it's overreacting by saying bad things only happen in the town, to the WITTY BANTER of singing Rochdale is a s**thole we already know. For all its faults, it also has a lot of assets and a lot of the social problems are fixable. However it needs locals who care to champion its case, not drag it down further. Once the locals who care write the place off, then it's done for.
90 year old woman raped on 18:21 - Jun 27 with 1679 viewsdingdangblue

90 year old woman raped on 17:37 - Jun 27 by KenBoon

It's far too easy to have a pop at Rochdale. Whether it's overreacting by saying bad things only happen in the town, to the WITTY BANTER of singing Rochdale is a s**thole we already know. For all its faults, it also has a lot of assets and a lot of the social problems are fixable. However it needs locals who care to champion its case, not drag it down further. Once the locals who care write the place off, then it's done for.

I HATE that song with a passion. Interesting the Observer tomorrow has run a story about the town centre 'river' project being shelved. I really think this would've been great for the town and given it a much needed innovative makeover.

90 year old woman raped on 18:53 - Jun 27 with 1660 viewsR17ALE

90 year old woman raped on 17:37 - Jun 27 by KenBoon

I do agree, but having had the misfortune to visit the excellent new Lloyds bank earlier today, I couldn't wait to get back to the safety of my car!

At least I didn't have to dodge the survey seekers for once, but I had to keep my wits about me so I didn't get run over by the battery of mobility scooters that fly around. I couldn't have sat down on one of the many benches for a breather as they were all creaking under the weight of some very fat people.

It's just as well I wasn't a visitor and needed to ask directions as I think I was probably the only English speaking person in the vicinity.

On the plus side, it was good to see the trams rolling in and out of town - whether they are essential or not - they do add status to the town centre, and that side of the centre is starting to look a lot smarter. Although I noted the incoming tram was virtually empty. Everyone had probably got off at Newbold to run for their lives!

On the downside, notable properties such as the old Lloyds bank, MacD's, the old Post Office and John Peers lie eeriely empty, covered in 'to let' signs throwing a long shadow over a centre that used to bustle with vibrancy and life.

The town does have assets though - it has an excellent social history, several beauty spots, and many of the suburbs are pleasant places to live in I imagine eg Littlebough, Wardle and Smithybridge.

Having recently been on the tram through Oldham, I thought Drake Street compared favourably to Mayfair in comparison visually (I've never seen so many broken windows in one town!) so perhaps we're sometimes a little self-critical.

I think it's harder for the older ones who can remember what it used to be like.

Back in my grandparent's day, there used to be regular open markets in the vicinity of the Town Hall like Skipton has these days, and there was once a livestock market on the site of the current Police Station, like the one behind Hereford's ground.

I always used to think it's why the locals called Coppers 'pigs'!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

90 year old woman raped on 19:00 - Jun 27 with 1647 viewsTalkingSutty

90 year old woman raped on 18:53 - Jun 27 by R17ALE

I do agree, but having had the misfortune to visit the excellent new Lloyds bank earlier today, I couldn't wait to get back to the safety of my car!

At least I didn't have to dodge the survey seekers for once, but I had to keep my wits about me so I didn't get run over by the battery of mobility scooters that fly around. I couldn't have sat down on one of the many benches for a breather as they were all creaking under the weight of some very fat people.

It's just as well I wasn't a visitor and needed to ask directions as I think I was probably the only English speaking person in the vicinity.

On the plus side, it was good to see the trams rolling in and out of town - whether they are essential or not - they do add status to the town centre, and that side of the centre is starting to look a lot smarter. Although I noted the incoming tram was virtually empty. Everyone had probably got off at Newbold to run for their lives!

On the downside, notable properties such as the old Lloyds bank, MacD's, the old Post Office and John Peers lie eeriely empty, covered in 'to let' signs throwing a long shadow over a centre that used to bustle with vibrancy and life.

The town does have assets though - it has an excellent social history, several beauty spots, and many of the suburbs are pleasant places to live in I imagine eg Littlebough, Wardle and Smithybridge.

Having recently been on the tram through Oldham, I thought Drake Street compared favourably to Mayfair in comparison visually (I've never seen so many broken windows in one town!) so perhaps we're sometimes a little self-critical.

I think it's harder for the older ones who can remember what it used to be like.

Back in my grandparent's day, there used to be regular open markets in the vicinity of the Town Hall like Skipton has these days, and there was once a livestock market on the site of the current Police Station, like the one behind Hereford's ground.

I always used to think it's why the locals called Coppers 'pigs'!

Everyone calls coppers pigs.....pigs are cute!!
90 year old woman raped on 20:30 - Jun 27 with 1597 viewsdogboy

The council just needs a little more imagination opening up a river and changing us into Stratford on Avon would not happen, it would just be full of shopping trolleys from ASDA, the town is really interesting, just go on one of the ghost walks and try the Baum it feels like a different town, we have the Co-op Museum most other towns would be larding it up and really emphasising the global importance of how it made a difference, use it or Loose it!
90 year old woman raped on 21:46 - Jun 27 with 1578 viewsShun

90 year old woman raped on 10:50 - Jun 27 by D_Alien

Spent 3 years in London as a student.

It's the pits

Just on another note - with this thread open, there's a tab near the top of the screen that reads:

"90 year old woman raped by Shun"

Baha, not guilty!
90 year old woman raped on 16:57 - Jun 28 with 1467 viewsShakersforever

Only a blithering bladderskite would judge a whole town based upon the actions of a minuscule minority.

That said, it's fair to say Rochdale needs some money ploughed into it !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024