Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The inevitable overreaction 16:38 - Jan 19 with 5715 viewsUxbridge

I've heard it all today. Laudrup should go, Jenkins should go, every single player is a cnt, should be beating the likes of Spurs even if 2/3 of the first team is out, the training pitch is the reason everyone is injured, gay marriage is causing us to lose etc etc.

Calm down eh. Never fun to lose 5 games out of 8, but they were all against top 7 teams. Excusable for that fact alone but especially so given the ludicrous injury list we're faced with. Fortunately everyone seems to be coming back just in time for the important games we've got coming up, and by Allah do we need them.

The time to panic isn't now. That time is if we lose the next three. Luckily we usually do much better against bottom half teams.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The inevitable overreaction on 16:43 - Jan 19 with 3318 viewswaynekerr55

Didn't you know gay marriage is an illness

The number of non impact muscle injuries does need looking into though...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The inevitable overreaction on 16:43 - Jan 19 with 3318 viewsDarran

I agree with this great post.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The inevitable overreaction on 16:43 - Jan 19 with 3310 viewsPhaedrus

They should sticky this so as to keep the general mood up. It is very easy to get sucked under when in the glump like this. I remember reading that Stoke didn't win in 20 games last season(maybe the one before), yet they stayed up . We need to stay positive.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

The inevitable overreaction on 16:44 - Jan 19 with 3299 viewspansypants

The inevitable overreaction on 16:43 - Jan 19 by Darran

I think we are assuming we only have to turn up to the Fulham and West ham game and we'll win

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

The inevitable overreaction on 16:45 - Jan 19 with 3287 viewsC_jack

It's obviously too much for some to handle, imagine if we were actually in the relegation zone.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The inevitable overreaction on 16:46 - Jan 19 with 3273 viewsDull1Thomas

'I've heard it all today. Laudrup should go, Jenkins should go, every single player is a cnt, should be beating the likes of Spurs even if 2/3 of the first team is out, the training pitch is the reason everyone is injured, gay marriage is causing us to lose etc etc. '

Sick - it's down to the invasion or Romanians and Bulgarians; the EU, foreigners and H&S gone mad.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

The inevitable overreaction on 16:46 - Jan 19 with 3259 viewsDarran

The inevitable overreaction on 16:44 - Jan 19 by pansypants

I think we are assuming we only have to turn up to the Fulham and West ham game and we'll win

I'm not assuming anything.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The inevitable overreaction on 16:47 - Jan 19 with 3242 viewsJackfath

Our new breed of fan are spoiled rotten. Leave early, slag players, boo our own team and clap opposition players.

Sometimes I wish they'd go back to doing whatever they used to do when the Swans played.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

The inevitable overreaction on 16:47 - Jan 19 with 3240 viewsunion_jack

The inevitable overreaction on 16:43 - Jan 19 by Darran

And I'd like to!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The inevitable overreaction on 16:48 - Jan 19 with 3240 viewsPhaedrus

There is no evidence anywhere on this board to support that statement. Not even in any of the twenty threads you have started in the last 10 minutes.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

The inevitable overreaction on 16:49 - Jan 19 with 3224 viewsUxbridge

No one's assuming that. However I'd back a fully fit squad to give anyone in this division a game and even a half fit one to be too good for most of the bottom half.

The inevitable overreaction on 16:49 - Jan 19 with 3214 viewsDull1Thomas

The inevitable overreaction on 16:49 - Jan 19 by Uxbridge

No one's assuming that. However I'd back a fully fit squad to give anyone in this division a game and even a half fit one to be too good for most of the bottom half.

But it is inside the stadium!

The inevitable overreaction on 16:50 - Jan 19 with 3200 viewsunion_jack

The inevitable overreaction on 16:49 - Jan 19 by Uxbridge

It will come down to our belief and how we handle the pressure. On that score I have my doubts regrettably.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The inevitable overreaction on 16:53 - Jan 19 with 3176 viewsVetchitBack

This best thing probably about this board is after a defeat when many of the old guard/regulars scramble to transfer their feelings of negativity about the match onto those who they accuse of being unnecessarily negative. It's as amusing as it is transparent.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

The inevitable overreaction on 16:57 - Jan 19 with 3128 viewsDull1Thomas

The inevitable overreaction on 16:53 - Jan 19 by VetchitBack

This best thing probably about this board is after a defeat when many of the old guard/regulars scramble to transfer their feelings of negativity about the match onto those who they accuse of being unnecessarily negative. It's as amusing as it is transparent.

Compare the atmosphere today (most of the season) with that generated by Palace yesterday and we should hang our heads in shame.

The inevitable overreaction on 16:58 - Jan 19 with 3123 viewsUxbridge

The inevitable overreaction on 16:50 - Jan 19 by union_jack

It will come down to our belief and how we handle the pressure. On that score I have my doubts regrettably.

Can see what you mean but think if our big players get back we'll have more thsn enough. Let's see how they perform against the bottom half teams before writing off.

The inevitable overreaction on 17:01 - Jan 19 with 3084 viewsVetchitBack

The inevitable overreaction on 16:57 - Jan 19 by Dull1Thomas

Compare the atmosphere today (most of the season) with that generated by Palace yesterday and we should hang our heads in shame.

I've always been a staunch critic of much of our new fanbase to be fair.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

The inevitable overreaction on 17:06 - Jan 19 with 3043 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Great OP,

Especially like " Luckily we usually do much better against bottom half teams."

Even if we play below our best over the next 5 games I reckon we'd get more points than if we'd played at our best over the last 5

Not time to panic yet.......but not far away depending on next 2 results

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

The inevitable overreaction on 17:10 - Jan 19 with 3008 viewsAnotherJohn

Can't agree with the OP I'm afraid. I think we are in trouble and have a complacency problem. It showed in the lack of planning regarding KI and also in the lack of urgency so far in the window. If we do not strengthen, I don't put our survival chances higher than 50/50. I watched a couple of our rivals on TV yesterday and thought they both showed more bottle than we did today. And - though it wins no medal - I stayed until the final whistle and clapped the team off today, so my commitment is still there.
The inevitable overreaction on 17:14 - Jan 19 with 2986 viewsNewhousemustscore

My fear is the injury situation. I know some are due back but shelvey went off today and we wait to see how long he'll be out for. There was a move in the second half where bony took the ball out wide. He looked up and Lamah and pozeulo we're not in any hurry to get in the box. Our perfect eleven would beat anyone but we just don't have the strength in depth. I pray bony stays fit cos nobody else looks capable of scoring.
The inevitable overreaction on 17:15 - Jan 19 with 2957 viewsmacman

Good post. And if I may add noone is relegated until the last day. Even Westham and Cardiff have not been relegated yet.
The inevitable overreaction on 17:18 - Jan 19 with 2917 viewsgevans

I have been positive all season but after today am a little worried. I know we have had really tough games but 1 point from possible 18 is not good. So called fans leaving with 20 mins left, very little singing.No passion from the fans and no passion on the pitch is not a good combination.
The inevitable overreaction on 17:32 - Jan 19 with 2843 viewsblaine_scfc

It's not an over reaction. The form since the end of last season has never improved and it doesn't look like it will either with the injuries absolutely crippling us. We can't keep clean sheets with a fully fit defense, we are bullied in midfield pretty much every single week, bony is playing well, but has no support or service.

Said it from early on in the season, we will be going down, can't see how there will be three teams with less points than us at the end of season.
The inevitable overreaction on 17:42 - Jan 19 with 2806 viewsUxbridge

The defence worries me too. I'd be inclined to take Davies and Chico out of the mix . However we're not exactly struggling to score goals or dominate the midfield.

The inevitable overreaction on 18:08 - Jan 19 with 2702 viewsSwanzay

I wasn't expecting us to get 3 points today, but what does worry me is how light weight we were in both midfield and attack when JJS went off.
Hope his injury isn't serious
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024