Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool 12:47 - Jun 20 with 9968 viewsDalern

According to Sky we have signed him anyway although nothing official.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11765/8785037?
Not always got it right but sounds like its got potential?
Up The Dale
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:52 - Jun 20 with 2539 viewsolympicdale

Wow this is as much of a coup imo as signing Hendo. Eastham was linked with MKDons last month, and I think Crawley too, fantastic addition.

Life is a game of fate.

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:53 - Jun 20 with 2513 viewsgigger

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:44 - Jun 20 by D_Alien

Thanks for the sensible footballing post - always welcome on here

Can you say which side of a centreback pairing Eastham's more comfortable with? For me, that's crucial in establishing a good solid partnership - that each is happy with the side they're being asked to play on.

Many of Holness's mistakes early on in L1 were due to having to adapt to playing on his weaker side, especially when carrying the ball out of defence.

We had that many pairings last season mate it was hard to tell he played right and left and started 1 game as full back and then the centre of a back 5.
Think he will be good in league2, I reckon you'll make a nice profit in a couple of seasons.

What's happened to kel ???

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 14:05 - Jun 20 with 2470 viewsnordenblue

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:44 - Jun 20 by D_Alien

Thanks for the sensible footballing post - always welcome on here

Can you say which side of a centreback pairing Eastham's more comfortable with? For me, that's crucial in establishing a good solid partnership - that each is happy with the side they're being asked to play on.

Many of Holness's mistakes early on in L1 were due to having to adapt to playing on his weaker side, especially when carrying the ball out of defence.

Coupled with the fact he couldn't tackle without dropping the player in the box,add to that his reaction time and an inability to pass 5 yards on occasion made him somewhat of a liability at centre half!!
Pleased with the squad so far,he's doing a sterling job and putting a decent looking team together!!
Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 14:26 - Jun 20 with 2412 viewsChaffRAFC

Superb. Been wanting us to sign him for ages.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 15:09 - Jun 20 with 2316 viewsTVOS1907

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:41 - Jun 20 by Brierls

Pleased with this one. Looks like Blackpool wanted to keep him (and probably loan him out again) but he felt it was time to crack on with his career and move on. It's encouraging that he chose Dale.

Mixed opinions on the bury board, but perenial Dale hater nigel tuffnell says he's rubbish so thats a good sign!

Agree.

Anything he says about Dale should be taken with a grain of salt - and that's being generous!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 16:56 - Jun 20 with 2158 viewspioneer

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:33 - Jun 20 by ColDale

I don't believe money is a sticking point with JK. I'm led to believe he's been offered an excellent deal, but the issue is the distance from home.

But its not getting any further is it over time? It was the same distance in April as it is in June so its make yer mind up time. Time to p*ss or get off the pot.

One interesting change to the past several years is not only the daate by which we have assembled a 'full' squad but how it is a squad of 'our' players as opposed to relying on loans from other clubs as key members of the squad.

Despite the success of Watford, I see the best use of loans being to cover for the unexpected (injuries). Obviously there will be some exceptions (Dawson post transfer and OGrady pre transfer at Dale) but the reveloving door of loanees is not a pathway to sustained improvement.
Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 17:36 - Jun 20 with 2080 viewsD_Alien

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 16:56 - Jun 20 by pioneer

But its not getting any further is it over time? It was the same distance in April as it is in June so its make yer mind up time. Time to p*ss or get off the pot.

One interesting change to the past several years is not only the daate by which we have assembled a 'full' squad but how it is a squad of 'our' players as opposed to relying on loans from other clubs as key members of the squad.

Despite the success of Watford, I see the best use of loans being to cover for the unexpected (injuries). Obviously there will be some exceptions (Dawson post transfer and OGrady pre transfer at Dale) but the reveloving door of loanees is not a pathway to sustained improvement.

On that last point, promotion from L2 in 2007/08 was completely skewed by Hereford taking on board a few loan signings who were way above L2 standard.

Look where they are now.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 18:06 - Jun 20 with 2020 views442Dale

Not read everything, but did Blackpool want him to stay? If so, and considering his age, will we have to pay a fee?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 18:46 - Jun 20 with 1935 viewsBrierls

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 18:06 - Jun 20 by 442Dale

Not read everything, but did Blackpool want him to stay? If so, and considering his age, will we have to pay a fee?

"Eastham is available on a free transfer after seeing out his contract at Bloomfield Road earlier this summer.

Blackpool were keen to keep the 22-year-old, but Eastham decided to move in search of regular first-team football."

(Taken from the Sky Sports article - http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11765/8785037?)

Sounds like he was a free agent after being released at his request.
Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 18:57 - Jun 20 with 1895 viewsRoChDaLe

class signing this one, at 22 years of age hes had quite a lot of experience and obviously clubs feel he can cut it in the league above after he had offers.

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 19:04 - Jun 20 with 1878 views442Dale

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 18:46 - Jun 20 by Brierls

"Eastham is available on a free transfer after seeing out his contract at Bloomfield Road earlier this summer.

Blackpool were keen to keep the 22-year-old, but Eastham decided to move in search of regular first-team football."

(Taken from the Sky Sports article - http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11765/8785037?)

Sounds like he was a free agent after being released at his request.

But doesn't anyone under 24 command a fee if their contract ends and their club offer them another? Unless Blackpool didn't of course.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 19:23 - Jun 20 with 1830 viewsRoChDaLe

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 19:04 - Jun 20 by 442Dale

But doesn't anyone under 24 command a fee if their contract ends and their club offer them another? Unless Blackpool didn't of course.

you're correct except im not sure if its 23 the age?

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 19:25 - Jun 20 with 1824 viewsAtThePeake

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 19:04 - Jun 20 by 442Dale

It sounds like Eastham asked for first-team football, was told he wouldn't get it, and thus Blackpool didn't bother to offer a contract...

Tangled up in blue.

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 19:54 - Jun 20 with 1767 viewsdale_spotland

Can't do link as I'm on phone, however there is a good interview on the OS with Eastham in which he states he had offers from the league above however he came to Dale to work with Hilly ad improve himself as a player.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 20:10 - Jun 20 with 1730 viewsfitzochris

Delighted with this signing. Another young player with experience at a higher level.

Struggling to keep up at the mo. Away on hols with nowt but a phone with a shite 3G signal to help me.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 20:12 - Jun 20 with 1722 viewsSuddenLad

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 20:10 - Jun 20 by fitzochris

Delighted with this signing. Another young player with experience at a higher level.

Struggling to keep up at the mo. Away on hols with nowt but a phone with a shite 3G signal to help me.

That's Largs for you !!

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 20:17 - Jun 20 with 1714 viewsjimmysbaldhead

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 13:29 - Jun 20 by ColDale

he had a 'mare in the televised game v Notts County, but Hilly will have done his homework.

Does this mean that Lancashire is the experienced defender, or are there more to come? Looks to me that the squad is complete now, with the only other changes coming from possible departures of JK and Grant.

I also watched this game and to be honest he made Jon Boardman look like Beckenbauer. As this is my only reference I'm not as thrilled as everyone else seems to be. However I do trust Hill so am hoping that was a one off, every player has them.
Genuine question then, on what evidence is everyone so happy with this signing, and hopefully the answer isn't that he is good on FM.

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 20:32 - Jun 20 with 1678 viewsfitzochris

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 20:12 - Jun 20 by SuddenLad

That's Largs for you !!

Haha. Kippford actually.

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 20:40 - Jun 20 with 1658 viewsSuddenLad

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 20:32 - Jun 20 by fitzochris

Haha. Kippford actually.

Get yourself in the Anchor Hotel for some decent ale and grub. You know it makes sense.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 20:50 - Jun 20 with 1632 viewsfitzochris

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 20:40 - Jun 20 by SuddenLad

Get yourself in the Anchor Hotel for some decent ale and grub. You know it makes sense.

Was there this very evening with the wife and kids. Go there every year. Sun was shining and the tide was coming in up the estuary. Cracking place.

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 20:57 - Jun 20 with 1614 viewsfitzochris

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 20:50 - Jun 20 by fitzochris

Was there this very evening with the wife and kids. Go there every year. Sun was shining and the tide was coming in up the estuary. Cracking place.

That's not a euphemism by the way...

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 21:04 - Jun 20 with 1598 viewsboromat

On the transfer fee because of his age. I think that only applies if Blackpool offer him a contract that is at least the same as his last contract. So maybe they offered less which is quite understandable in the current financial climate.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 06:27 - Jun 21 with 1396 viewsBoss_Hog

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 21:04 - Jun 20 by boromat

On the transfer fee because of his age. I think that only applies if Blackpool offer him a contract that is at least the same as his last contract. So maybe they offered less which is quite understandable in the current financial climate.

Eastham was released by Blackpool having been deemed not good enough, therefore no fee applies. He was part of The Development Squad last season.

I will reserve judgement on his abilities for now but I would be surprised if he was first choice.
Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 09:13 - Jun 21 with 1315 viewsfitzochris

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 06:27 - Jun 21 by Boss_Hog

Eastham was released by Blackpool having been deemed not good enough, therefore no fee applies. He was part of The Development Squad last season.

I will reserve judgement on his abilities for now but I would be surprised if he was first choice.

Why? He has played a not insignificant amount of games at a higher level - including at Championship and Premier League standard.

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 09:23 - Jun 21 with 1296 viewselectricblue

Ashley Eastham signs? from Blackpool on 20:32 - Jun 20 by fitzochris

Haha. Kippford actually.

Down near Dalbeattie are you fitz....
Heading that way tomoz myself allong the solway coastal route cracking scenery....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024