Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread 22:42 - Aug 12 with 42293 viewsnumptydumpty

I think only ever started one match day thread

But have taken responsibility this season for our new found cup successes.

The cup run starts here.

Taylor Richards scores a 90th minute winner - an own goal - to set us on our merry way and few games later Richards gets cult hero status in being the beginning of the magic run towards Carabao Cup Final success !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 20:42 - Aug 13 with 2247 viewswortonr

D B miss not as bad as it looked. Clearly headed over.
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 20:42 - Aug 13 with 2246 viewsbaz_qpr

Happy to be winning, but all the same issues from Saturday, midfield not great EDB seems to be going backwards, full backs both poor, not stopping crosses, wingers not effectively tracking and supporting.

Positives Frey has been a menace when we can get out of our defensive 3rd, Walsh looks comfortable, Morrison impressive, Varane good in parts.

Their keeper at fault for both goals, but you can only beat what's in front of you.
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 20:42 - Aug 13 with 2234 viewsMalintabuk

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 20:40 - Aug 13 by rbee

Time for another Barton at the club?

He looks a decent player
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 20:45 - Aug 13 with 2144 viewsA40Bosh

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 20:39 - Aug 13 by Ned_Kennedys

Think it would be nice to give Smyth a lot more credit for that goal.

We don’t win many cup games and we are easily ahead in this one without having to play well.

Hooray for Alfie Lloyd,
Alfie Lloyd

You need to be REALLY old I suspect to appreciate that one!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 20:45 - Aug 13 with 2139 viewsdmm

Not too many comments on Varane. I think he's had a steady 45 mins with the occasional classy move.
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 20:45 - Aug 13 with 2134 viewsSK_hoops

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 20:38 - Aug 13 by Tonto

Smyth looking like he knows his place in the team on Saturday is under threat. He's been our best player

That's what I was saying.

Forget sloppy play, this is QPR in the cup and we're 2-0 up. I'll take it for now!
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 20:46 - Aug 13 with 2099 viewsHAYESBOY

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 20:34 - Aug 13 by Malintabuk

Not quite sure how this as happened... being 2 up and not really doing a lot to deserve it, and in all honesty EDB should have given us a 3rd
But we are and think that should be enough. Some half decent performances if not spectacular Lloyd started off really lively and sort of dropped off a cliff.
Jesus is a class above Cambridge and Smyth as been our best player ... but even he as set the bar that high
Can only play and hopefully beat who is put in front of you.. but Saturday will be far far harder test
Get the 2nd half over with, without injury or fuss and be a decent night's work

The EDB chance was going in but came off the back of the head of a Cambridge player. Should have been a corner.
We have been ok, and maybe have another gear in us but some of the passing has been shocking. Simple 10 yard passes going astray. Balls to players in crowded areas where there is a better pass out wide.
Wouldn't mind Celar given half an hour and getting a goal.
Varane looks rusty and not match fit but you can see there is a plyer there.

Need to keep the ball better 2nd half.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 20:47 - Aug 13 with 2021 viewsDorse

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 20:37 - Aug 13 by Wilkinswatercarrier

2 making their full debuts, a couple of youngsters, a still disinterested left back and 2-0 up.

Considering the make shift team, can't be surprised it looks disjointed.

Hopefully Bennie and Tuck (80s buddy movie) come on.

'Dammit Tuck! You were supposed to be undercover! You blew up half of 26th and Vine!'
'But Chief, Mendoza had taken Brittney!'
'You're loose cannon Tuck - I'm assigning you a partner'
'You know I work alone Chief. Who's it gonna be? McFarlane? Vasquez? Dooley?'
'Nope. This is Bennie. He's transferred from London, Engerland, and he's hot shit with a Frisbee...'
(Bennie enters, bow tie, trousers at half mast, sellotape on his National Health tortoiseshell glasses)
'Evenin' all, as we say in Hounslow...'
'Goddammit Chief...'
[Post edited 13 Aug 20:49]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 20:48 - Aug 13 with 1998 viewsdaveB

doing OK, most of the problems have been down to us trying to be too clever playing out and getting caught

Some nice football on the break, could be further ahead and more goals here for us if we keep going,

I'd be slightly concerned if they score first in the second half though
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 20:49 - Aug 13 with 1955 viewsLblock

Centre midfield looks atrocious to me….. wide open

I’m starting to feel like I’m conducting a vendetta against Anderson but he looks totally shot to me
Sad to say you can see he was a class player at his peak but the body not up to it anymore
EDB I had rated before but looks like he can’t tackle a cheese sarnie

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 20:49 - Aug 13 with 1945 viewsSpaceman_P

as I live in Gijon, the other day was speaking to a mate of ours who's a big Sporting Gijon fan, he was telling me in Spanish that Varane is a great player and he's sad that Varane was gone, but then made a joke that their Mexican owners probably needed to buy bags of fentanyl for their side hustle.
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 20:50 - Aug 13 with 1926 viewsMalintabuk

Field on for Jesus.. are we finished for the night ?
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 20:50 - Aug 13 with 1896 viewsSpaceman_P

2 things I hope happen after this game.

1. Dunne gets a haircut

and

2. Dunne returns to being the Irish Cafu.
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 20:51 - Aug 13 with 1861 viewsDorse

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 20:49 - Aug 13 by Lblock

Centre midfield looks atrocious to me….. wide open

I’m starting to feel like I’m conducting a vendetta against Anderson but he looks totally shot to me
Sad to say you can see he was a class player at his peak but the body not up to it anymore
EDB I had rated before but looks like he can’t tackle a cheese sarnie

If they bring on a cheese sarnie, we're fcked.

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 20:53 - Aug 13 with 1810 viewsVancouverHoop

This is the liveliest Frey's been since his arrival.
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 20:54 - Aug 13 with 1786 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 20:45 - Aug 13 by dmm

Not too many comments on Varane. I think he's had a steady 45 mins with the occasional classy move.

I'm unsure about him tonight. I think we look far too open in centre-mid, and he seems to often be out of position out wide. EDB looks too far forward as well.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 20:54 - Aug 13 with 1764 viewsdmm

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 20:50 - Aug 13 by Malintabuk

Field on for Jesus.. are we finished for the night ?

And Field appears to be playing in that advanced role. Very strange.

Edit: Maybe not. EDB is now.
[Post edited 13 Aug 20:55]
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 20:55 - Aug 13 with 1752 viewsSpaceman_P

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 20:51 - Aug 13 by Dorse

If they bring on a cheese sarnie, we're fcked.

the cheese sarnie is Dunne's barnet.
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 20:59 - Aug 13 with 1602 viewsMalintabuk

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 20:54 - Aug 13 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm unsure about him tonight. I think we look far too open in centre-mid, and he seems to often be out of position out wide. EDB looks too far forward as well.

I'm the same... didn't want to put the lad down on his debut but he seems to give away easy passes... and not really imposed himself, hopefully early days
[Post edited 13 Aug 21:00]
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 20:59 - Aug 13 with 1574 viewsDorse

Captain Jack getting its first airing tonight.

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:01 - Aug 13 with 1498 viewsDorse

Shit. Not great.

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:01 - Aug 13 with 1484 viewsVancouverHoop

We'll that was a classic c*ck-up!
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:01 - Aug 13 with 1446 viewsMrSheen

Dogshyte
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:02 - Aug 13 with 1393 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Have to say that Varane didn't want the ball off the backs and goalie in the twenty seconds before that goal. Doesn't excuse the fugg-up by them, but it was worrying to see.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:02 - Aug 13 with 1383 viewsSK_hoops

Not good from Archer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024