Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread 22:42 - Aug 12 with 40968 viewsnumptydumpty

I think only ever started one match day thread

But have taken responsibility this season for our new found cup successes.

The cup run starts here.

Taylor Richards scores a 90th minute winner - an own goal - to set us on our merry way and few games later Richards gets cult hero status in being the beginning of the magic run towards Carabao Cup Final success !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 23:13 - Aug 12 with 8811 viewscolinallcars

I looked on the Cambridge United forum and they said Richards didn't seem quite “on it”, on his debut the other day.
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 23:20 - Aug 12 with 8761 viewsBluce_Ree

LOL who gives a fk anymore? Beetroot, the band Muse, Hollyoaks, James Corden and QPR in the cups. Things I absolutely do not fk with.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 23:23 - Aug 12 with 8781 viewsNorthernr

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 23:13 - Aug 12 by colinallcars

I looked on the Cambridge United forum and they said Richards didn't seem quite “on it”, on his debut the other day.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 23:39 - Aug 12 with 8748 viewsMonkey_Roots

I am shocked that he’s been seen on a football pitch tbh
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 23:40 - Aug 12 with 8735 viewsnumptydumpty

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 23:20 - Aug 12 by Bluce_Ree

LOL who gives a fk anymore? Beetroot, the band Muse, Hollyoaks, James Corden and QPR in the cups. Things I absolutely do not fk with.

James Cordon could get a contract advertising marmite!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 04:32 - Aug 13 with 8537 viewsHoopsie

Richards cup-tied isn't he, can't play for parent club?

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 07:26 - Aug 13 with 8361 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 04:32 - Aug 13 by Hoopsie

Richards cup-tied isn't he, can't play for parent club?

Yep, but George Thomas and Jordan Cousins can 👀
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 07:35 - Aug 13 with 8344 viewsRs_Holy

1-1 .... then win 11-10 on penalties
Login to get fewer ads

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 07:39 - Aug 13 with 8327 viewsSK_hoops

Making a QPR cup game post is a thankless task. That said, I really enjoyed that cup run the other season, where we should have gone through against Sunderland. Another one of those please.
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 08:02 - Aug 13 with 8264 viewsDorse

If we win, when will I be able to purchase my commemorative T-shirt?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 08:16 - Aug 13 with 8219 viewsconnell10

2-1 Cambridge ...we move on!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 09:46 - Aug 13 with 8062 viewseghamranger

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 07:26 - Aug 13 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Yep, but George Thomas and Jordan Cousins can 👀

These two didn’t even make the subs bench on Saturday. I see they got beat by Stockport where Clint Hill is assistant manager.

I think we will win 0-3 tonight… will do the teams confidence and ours the world of good
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 10:07 - Aug 13 with 7964 viewsterryb

I still can't believe that in a moment of madness I bought a ticket!

As there is a 40 minute walk from the ground to the station (according to Google), please could we avoid a penalty shootout. This old body might struggle to make the last train to Ipswich if we don't get out before 10.00pm. Especially as it's decades since I've stood on a crowded terrace!

I think Varane & Morrison will start tonight, but I've no idea on how many other changes we will make.

Any pub recommendations as I expect to have time for one or two drinks pre match?

I see that the Development team have their first league match today as well. 13.00 kick off at home to Coventry.
[Post edited 13 Aug 10:14]
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 10:19 - Aug 13 with 7915 viewsaston_hoop

No live stream for those of us abroad or those of you on a two hour holiday in Luxembourg
[Post edited 13 Aug 10:19]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 10:32 - Aug 13 with 7816 viewsDannyPaddox

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 08:02 - Aug 13 by Dorse

If we win, when will I be able to purchase my commemorative T-shirt?

Imagine if we won and someone scored a hattrick. I envisage the design of the T-shirt to be based on Michelangelo’s ‘The Creation of Adam’ with a god-like Emmanuel Ledesma passing down the QPR life-force to Celar, Kolli, Frey (chortle), Andersen, or whoever.

The club would have to commission a commemorative mosaic next home game with each occupant of the Stan Bowles Stand holding up a piece of the mosaic. And if he’s still alive Michael Nyman would compose an oratorio.
[Post edited 13 Aug 10:35]
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 10:40 - Aug 13 with 7727 viewsstowmarketrange

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 10:07 - Aug 13 by terryb

I still can't believe that in a moment of madness I bought a ticket!

As there is a 40 minute walk from the ground to the station (according to Google), please could we avoid a penalty shootout. This old body might struggle to make the last train to Ipswich if we don't get out before 10.00pm. Especially as it's decades since I've stood on a crowded terrace!

I think Varane & Morrison will start tonight, but I've no idea on how many other changes we will make.

Any pub recommendations as I expect to have time for one or two drinks pre match?

I see that the Development team have their first league match today as well. 13.00 kick off at home to Coventry.
[Post edited 13 Aug 10:14]

If you need a pacemaker Terry,I’m your man.We can always leave at ht and get an earlier train back.
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 10:42 - Aug 13 with 7722 viewsDannyPaddox

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 10:40 - Aug 13 by stowmarketrange

If you need a pacemaker Terry,I’m your man.We can always leave at ht and get an earlier train back.

Terry & The Pacemakers. Weren’t they big in the 60s?
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 10:56 - Aug 13 with 7639 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Anyone remember that game back in the 80s where some of our lads got restless and decided to empty the allotments next door?
Various missiles started appearing into the ground - potatoes, carrots etc.
Hilarious - well certainly better than the game itself, I recall.
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 11:49 - Aug 13 with 7517 viewsOldPedro

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 10:19 - Aug 13 by aston_hoop

No live stream for those of us abroad or those of you on a two hour holiday in Luxembourg
[Post edited 13 Aug 10:19]

The game is on Sky Sports+ for those that have it

https://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky/competitions/carabao-cup

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 11:59 - Aug 13 with 7482 viewsMalintabuk

Total admiration for those going... but Cam-BRIDGE is a bridge to far for me ahem
Ahem.... enough of that. Logically after Saturday you would think Marti would use this to give the players some confidence back and play a full a team as possible
I would though imagine that he as been sat down and told in no uncertain terms about the pedigree and traditions that we have in cup games ... so therefore the team will be made up of Bassetts.... all sorts
0-1 with us creating perhaps 3 shots all match
[Post edited 13 Aug 12:00]
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 12:58 - Aug 13 with 7306 viewsaston_hoop

In terms of youngsters tonight - Lorent Talla is playing for the dev squad today so won't be involved I suppose. Alfie Tuck not playing though so wouldn't be surprised if he is on the bench. A little surprised by Talla, I thought the club rated him.

One for the dev squad regulars - Alex Aoraha is back too! Long old injury for him

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 15:01 - Aug 13 with 7102 viewsBoston

Cambridge Utd 1 QPR 2

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 15:37 - Aug 13 with 6982 viewsloftboy

Just arrived at the premier inn, £5.85 for a pint, was expecting it to be more, just got to pace myself until kick off!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 15:44 - Aug 13 with 6938 viewsDorse

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 10:32 - Aug 13 by DannyPaddox

Imagine if we won and someone scored a hattrick. I envisage the design of the T-shirt to be based on Michelangelo’s ‘The Creation of Adam’ with a god-like Emmanuel Ledesma passing down the QPR life-force to Celar, Kolli, Frey (chortle), Andersen, or whoever.

The club would have to commission a commemorative mosaic next home game with each occupant of the Stan Bowles Stand holding up a piece of the mosaic. And if he’s still alive Michael Nyman would compose an oratorio.
[Post edited 13 Aug 10:35]

Not sure how they'll make a full-blooded clearance deflecting agonisingly off Jack Colback's pubics, going in as a result of the Cambridge keeper being given a wedgie by Sebastian Frey look heroic. But that's why we have AI. That, and no other reason. The sampled screams of both Colback (castrati soprano) and the more baritone wedgie victim could be incorporated into a 25 min house mix and included on the Frankie thread.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 16:09 - Aug 13 with 6820 viewsAndybrat

Interesting team selection. Would really like to see Varane and EDB in the middle of the park
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024