Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player Having Medical At Southampton Today 11:20 - Jul 10 with 1592 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/62632/

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Player Having Medical At Southampton Today on 12:35 - Jul 10 with 1469 viewssaint22

Defender by saint22 9 Jul 19:51
Looks like that Japanese lad has signed

Player Having Medical At Southampton Today on 13:49 - Jul 10 with 1354 viewsButty101

Jesus theres a real dearth of quality being signed. We dont need a bloated squad full of players that are not good enough to start. It blocks the youngster path.

This will be our seventh signing and the starting 11 has not been strengthened, compared to last season. I know its early in the window but these are not good signs.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Player Having Medical At Southampton Today on 17:04 - Jul 10 with 1178 viewsWaylander

Player Having Medical At Southampton Today on 12:35 - Jul 10 by saint22

Defender by saint22 9 Jul 19:51
Looks like that Japanese lad has signed

Old university mate of mine is a big-time soccer pundit in Japan and thinks Sugawara is a very good catch
Player Having Medical At Southampton Today on 17:15 - Jul 10 with 1161 views1teeminants

Player Having Medical At Southampton Today on 13:49 - Jul 10 by Butty101

Jesus theres a real dearth of quality being signed. We dont need a bloated squad full of players that are not good enough to start. It blocks the youngster path.

This will be our seventh signing and the starting 11 has not been strengthened, compared to last season. I know its early in the window but these are not good signs.

Butty just cos they’re not well known doesn’t mean they’re Shyte mate.

I’ve heard raving reviews about this kid , my Burnley mate thinks Taylor is solid and never gives up and has bags of prem experience and apparently Spurs are gutted they didn’t sign Edwards from Posh and there were other prem clubs looking at him .

We’re just getting things done early which makes a bloody change.

We still need a bit more quality obviously I’m sure it will come.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Player Having Medical At Southampton Today on 19:42 - Jul 10 with 1058 viewsButty101

Player Having Medical At Southampton Today on 17:15 - Jul 10 by 1teeminants

Butty just cos they’re not well known doesn’t mean they’re Shyte mate.

I’ve heard raving reviews about this kid , my Burnley mate thinks Taylor is solid and never gives up and has bags of prem experience and apparently Spurs are gutted they didn’t sign Edwards from Posh and there were other prem clubs looking at him .

We’re just getting things done early which makes a bloody change.

We still need a bit more quality obviously I’m sure it will come.

Mate last time we were here, we signed loads of unproven players. I don’t know any of those players so they could be these incredible signings. But that’s not our black box . Losing Armstrong and probably KWP means we are currently weaker than last season. We need to pull out 3 or 4 decent signings and I don’t think we will

Player Having Medical At Southampton Today on 07:56 - Jul 11 with 839 viewsareasix

Butty101 May I remind you of your comments in April

“I thought Brooks would be a great signing, but he really flatters to deceive. He dosent seem to be able to do it for 90mins. Offered nothing and has no pace.” WE ALL THOUGHT HE MIGHT BE A TYPE OF SIGNING WE NEEDED AND HE WASNT

“Adam Armstrong has all the pace in the world, yet not once last night did he take his man on. Every time he passed backwards and the ball ended up on the halfway line.” ADAM GOT US BACK INTO THE PREMIERSHIP WITH HIS GOALS , BUT WILL HE PERFORM IN THE PREMIERSHIP AS HE DIDNT LAST TIME.

“Che i thought battled gamely but had little service. But then again im not convinced he was really showing for the ball.” WE ALL KNOW HE FLATTERS TO DECEIVE AND HAS BEEN GIVEN ENOUGH CHANCES.
“Whats happened to Fraser, he was a key part of our record run.” GOT A STANDING OVATION AT WEMBLEY SO CAME GOOD WHEN NEEDED.

So my point is these new signings we have done early are not household names but players that hold real potential from games played with there previous clubs so let’s see them in a Southampton shirt before writing them off just as everyone makes comments on players at certain times during the season.
How many of us thought VVD was the real thing when we signed him.?
Player Having Medical At Southampton Today on 11:26 - Jul 11 with 756 viewsButty101

Player Having Medical At Southampton Today on 07:56 - Jul 11 by areasix

Butty101 May I remind you of your comments in April

“I thought Brooks would be a great signing, but he really flatters to deceive. He dosent seem to be able to do it for 90mins. Offered nothing and has no pace.” WE ALL THOUGHT HE MIGHT BE A TYPE OF SIGNING WE NEEDED AND HE WASNT

“Adam Armstrong has all the pace in the world, yet not once last night did he take his man on. Every time he passed backwards and the ball ended up on the halfway line.” ADAM GOT US BACK INTO THE PREMIERSHIP WITH HIS GOALS , BUT WILL HE PERFORM IN THE PREMIERSHIP AS HE DIDNT LAST TIME.

“Che i thought battled gamely but had little service. But then again im not convinced he was really showing for the ball.” WE ALL KNOW HE FLATTERS TO DECEIVE AND HAS BEEN GIVEN ENOUGH CHANCES.
“Whats happened to Fraser, he was a key part of our record run.” GOT A STANDING OVATION AT WEMBLEY SO CAME GOOD WHEN NEEDED.

So my point is these new signings we have done early are not household names but players that hold real potential from games played with there previous clubs so let’s see them in a Southampton shirt before writing them off just as everyone makes comments on players at certain times during the season.
How many of us thought VVD was the real thing when we signed him.?

What i said still holds true.

Are we still to sign Che up? I think we should part ways as he will never quite be good enough in the premiership.

Like wise in two season in the premiership Armstrong wasnt good enough - why would he be now?

Im not sure we should be pursuing Fraser.

Im not sure what your point is? All those players are not good enough for the premiership. As for VVD, the big clubs were well aware of him at celtic.

Player Having Medical At Southampton Today on 16:25 - Jul 11 with 556 viewsMonksway

For me, one if the downsides of promotion and the inevitable relegation battle(s) is the fact that none of our promising youngsters will be allowed to develop in a Saints shirt. I very much doubt we will see Sam Amo, Lawrence, Dibling, Ballard, Meghoma this season and Larios seems likely to leave on loan. Whilst I know experience is needed to keep us up, an aging Lallana doesn't generate much excitement.
Login to get fewer ads

Player Having Medical At Southampton Today on 17:24 - Jul 11 with 496 viewsLondonSaint76

Player Having Medical At Southampton Today on 16:25 - Jul 11 by Monksway

For me, one if the downsides of promotion and the inevitable relegation battle(s) is the fact that none of our promising youngsters will be allowed to develop in a Saints shirt. I very much doubt we will see Sam Amo, Lawrence, Dibling, Ballard, Meghoma this season and Larios seems likely to leave on loan. Whilst I know experience is needed to keep us up, an aging Lallana doesn't generate much excitement.

Agreed, that said look what Evan Ferguson has been able to achieve at Brighton as a teenager having been given the chance, albeit not in a side that was struggling as we my well do this season coming. I’d like to see RM start to find reasons to give the best of them some chances rather than excuses not to. Last season the excuse was the pressure of the promotion push, this season it will be the pressure of a relegation battle. So often we hear that the youngsters have no fear so if the best of them are good enough - and I think Sam Amo is - let’s see them given a chance.

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024