Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread 11:03 - Jan 2 with 12090 viewsModeratorC

The first meeting between the clubs in the third round of the FA Cup. £10 in, £5 seniors and u18, £1 under 12.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61635/sheehan-given-the-
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61640/swansea-city-it’
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61643/team-news-swansea-
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61650/swansea-breeze-thr
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61651/luke-williams-the-

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 07:05 - Jan 7 with 1482 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 19:40 - Jan 6 by jasper_T

If he could get himself up to the dinner table he wouldn't be feeding off the floor every week. He had another awful game.

He did. There are no excuses now.

If last night is a sign of how we will play against better opponents, strikers won’t be isolated, back to goal. There will be numbers in and around the box and we’ll be looking to get the wing backs past the Coopers and the Patersons to get crosses and cut backs in.

That suits Yates and Cullens games far better. If Yates struggles from here, it will be hard to defend him.
Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 08:19 - Jan 7 with 1404 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 07:05 - Jan 7 by jack247

He did. There are no excuses now.

If last night is a sign of how we will play against better opponents, strikers won’t be isolated, back to goal. There will be numbers in and around the box and we’ll be looking to get the wing backs past the Coopers and the Patersons to get crosses and cut backs in.

That suits Yates and Cullens games far better. If Yates struggles from here, it will be hard to defend him.

He hust hasn't got the basics ,he will never be a good player no matter which way we play,yes he will score the odd goal or two as he's up there and even I would score a goal or 2 at my age if I was up there,but hrs not up to it,is all round game is awful..
Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 09:20 - Jan 7 with 1332 viewsRichardO

First half played safe, kept possession, static up front everyone not just the inexperienced youngsters but for example Abdulai had plenty of the ball quickly moved to him across the back four but with Parker keeping tight to the touchline the only place for Abdulai to go was to push up into the middle and get crowded out, sound familiar, Parker looked as if he had an experienced full back on him and needed to pull him out of position which would of allowed Abdulai the room to exploit the empty space created, seems this why we miss Key so much this season for his experience and good movement.

Second half played at quicker tempo which in its self creates more space allowing more movement up front especially with the youngster, being given the freedom to play instead of being tied to set position, football should be about being good enough to play free flowing in attack and organised enough to cover against the opposition's attacks The first half we nullified any attacking threat but we were poor going forward against the lower division's team.

Can someone explain to me why when we can play the ball quickly and precisely around a back four to create space in yesterday's case for Abdulai why we needed Grimes when he came on to drop back creating a back five to do what the back four had successfully done without him there while leaving the pitch empty of options in the middle inviting the opposition to easily step forward to created unwarranted pressure on us?

It has previously been stated we only needed movement from the forward players to change the game but by forward players I don't just mean wingers and centre forwards but also midfielder who find themselves up the pitch with them facing towards our goal,instead of looking at theirs, the interchanging of players should be constant wide players shifting positions wingers moving inside, forwards going short, midfielders going long and yet with Grimes so deep so often that quick interchange of players higher up in dangerous areas of the pitch becomes impossible, the only danger is then for us with the empty midfield!
A midfielders job is usually moping up in the middle, getting the ball into dangerous areas of the park, be it in behind defenders or to players feet, offering options and making sure to cover defenders who push forward, many of those functions cannot be done if you are constantly sitting in between two centrehalves.
The game should have been put to bed a long time before it was and then we might have been able to give Kuharevich more than a pitiful number of minutes on the pitch to see what he can do.
Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 10:09 - Jan 7 with 1259 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 09:20 - Jan 7 by RichardO

First half played safe, kept possession, static up front everyone not just the inexperienced youngsters but for example Abdulai had plenty of the ball quickly moved to him across the back four but with Parker keeping tight to the touchline the only place for Abdulai to go was to push up into the middle and get crowded out, sound familiar, Parker looked as if he had an experienced full back on him and needed to pull him out of position which would of allowed Abdulai the room to exploit the empty space created, seems this why we miss Key so much this season for his experience and good movement.

Second half played at quicker tempo which in its self creates more space allowing more movement up front especially with the youngster, being given the freedom to play instead of being tied to set position, football should be about being good enough to play free flowing in attack and organised enough to cover against the opposition's attacks The first half we nullified any attacking threat but we were poor going forward against the lower division's team.

Can someone explain to me why when we can play the ball quickly and precisely around a back four to create space in yesterday's case for Abdulai why we needed Grimes when he came on to drop back creating a back five to do what the back four had successfully done without him there while leaving the pitch empty of options in the middle inviting the opposition to easily step forward to created unwarranted pressure on us?

It has previously been stated we only needed movement from the forward players to change the game but by forward players I don't just mean wingers and centre forwards but also midfielder who find themselves up the pitch with them facing towards our goal,instead of looking at theirs, the interchanging of players should be constant wide players shifting positions wingers moving inside, forwards going short, midfielders going long and yet with Grimes so deep so often that quick interchange of players higher up in dangerous areas of the pitch becomes impossible, the only danger is then for us with the empty midfield!
A midfielders job is usually moping up in the middle, getting the ball into dangerous areas of the park, be it in behind defenders or to players feet, offering options and making sure to cover defenders who push forward, many of those functions cannot be done if you are constantly sitting in between two centrehalves.
The game should have been put to bed a long time before it was and then we might have been able to give Kuharevich more than a pitiful number of minutes on the pitch to see what he can do.

Downes was told to do the exact same thing under Russ.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 10:46 - Jan 7 with 1207 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 10:09 - Jan 7 by jackrmee

Downes was told to do the exact same thing under Russ.

Downes spent a lot of time covering Grimes lack of pace when our defence was left wide open as we pushed forward.
Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 14:12 - Jan 7 with 1043 viewsTreforys_Jack

I thought we started brightly, faded away with a lack of ideas. Our midfield movement is shocking tbf, which makes us look more negative than we actually want to be. I felt a bit for our defence, looking up and only really seeing Joey looking to receive. Parker looked decent early on, then seemed to fade a bit in confidence.
Yates is a bit of an enigma, we simply aren't playing to his strengths and he's low on confidence.
Our crossing was dire for the most part, knocking it deep to the back post maybe great when Harry Darling is playing, but a complete waste of time otherwise. Gutted we didn't get to see the Ukrainian lad get some decent game time to complement Yates, see what they can do as a pair.
You'd have thought Bolasie would have rinsed a L2 full back, but nope, struggled apart from 1 decent shot.
But a wins a win.
Luke Williams looks like an animated coach on the touchline, which is always something I prefer to see.
Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 14:29 - Jan 7 with 1021 viewsunion_jack

Didn’t see the game live but not seen it mentioned in here, what a beautiful ball by Abdulai (?) for Patino’s goal.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 14:37 - Jan 7 with 1010 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 14:29 - Jan 7 by union_jack

Didn’t see the game live but not seen it mentioned in here, what a beautiful ball by Abdulai (?) for Patino’s goal.

It was a relief to get a goal ,for sure .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 14:43 - Jan 7 with 1006 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 14:29 - Jan 7 by union_jack

😉 Parker ?

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61650/swansea-breeze-thr

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 14:48 - Jan 7 with 996 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 14:43 - Jan 7 by KeithHaynes

😉 Parker ?

Definitely Parker.
Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 15:03 - Jan 7 with 957 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 14:43 - Jan 7 by KeithHaynes

😉 Parker ?

Ok, didn’t really know, thanks.

Great ball whoever though. Deserves mentioning imo.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 16:22 - Jan 7 with 883 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 15:03 - Jan 7 by union_jack

Agreed
Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 17:04 - Jan 7 with 826 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 15:03 - Jan 7 by union_jack

He’s an exceptional player for his age.
Taken from under the noses of Cardiff as well.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 18:19 - Jan 7 with 745 viewsReslovenSwan1

There was one incident when Cooper got to the by line on the right and it was screaming for a dinked cross to the back stick where strikers were was lurking with intent.

He declined to cross I do not know why. Possibly on his wrong foot? He was behind the defence in space. He spent most of the game mostly on the right. Williams was talking about box interventions. Coaching seems to have removed risk from the game. Having said that i enjoyed Cooper's performance overall.

When Swansea were on top of their game the obvious passes crosses shots were assessed and executed.
[Post edited 7 Jan 18:30]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 19:37 - Jan 7 with 682 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 18:19 - Jan 7 by ReslovenSwan1

There was one incident when Cooper got to the by line on the right and it was screaming for a dinked cross to the back stick where strikers were was lurking with intent.

He declined to cross I do not know why. Possibly on his wrong foot? He was behind the defence in space. He spent most of the game mostly on the right. Williams was talking about box interventions. Coaching seems to have removed risk from the game. Having said that i enjoyed Cooper's performance overall.

When Swansea were on top of their game the obvious passes crosses shots were assessed and executed.
[Post edited 7 Jan 18:30]

For some reason he seemed more comfortable on the inside left position started a good understanding with Piroe and then as ended up covering for Mannings burst forward.
As with many players happier when moving forward onto the ball instead of having ball to feet with his back to the oppositions goal which isn't a bad position to be in if players are moving up to support and give options .
Like him as a player but needs to be used in a consistent way instead of the utility player he has become, jack of all trades but master of none.
Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 19:45 - Jan 7 with 672 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 19:37 - Jan 7 by RichardO

For some reason he seemed more comfortable on the inside left position started a good understanding with Piroe and then as ended up covering for Mannings burst forward.
As with many players happier when moving forward onto the ball instead of having ball to feet with his back to the oppositions goal which isn't a bad position to be in if players are moving up to support and give options .
Like him as a player but needs to be used in a consistent way instead of the utility player he has become, jack of all trades but master of none.

Cullen seemed to be drifting into that category too. I hope he stays and if he does, I hope Williams plays him in one role. We’ve got more depth now, we don’t need players filling in out of position.
Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 20:23 - Jan 7 with 626 viewsFlashberryjack

I hope no club comes in for Yeats in this transfer window, they may be able to see his true potential.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 20:27 - Jan 7 with 610 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Morecambe : Match day thread on 20:23 - Jan 7 by Flashberryjack

I hope no club comes in for Yeats in this transfer window, they may be able to see his true potential.

Nice one 👍 haha..should be on stage
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024