Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh Assembly at the World Cup 21:50 - Oct 22 with 4971 viewsscruffyjack

Drakeford, Gething and Dawn Bowden are attending to help educate the Qatar state on LGBGT issues. Guess who’s paying for it?
Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 20:28 - Oct 28 with 1205 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 20:17 - Oct 28 by KeithHaynes

Not even the opportunity to sing the song !

Which Bangor was that song about

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 20:39 - Oct 28 with 1193 viewsKeithHaynes

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 20:28 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

True fact.
The song was originally about Rhyl, but they replaced it with Bangor because it fitted the structure better.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 23:25 - Oct 28 with 1137 viewsReslovenSwan1

I hope they understand their main purpose is the whole state of wales including the LGBT community. Remember the Qataris already had investments in Wales with the qatari Airways link to Rhoose Airport. This was affected by the Covid lockdowns.

They will have to tread a fine line between looking for trade and supporting a more liberal regime in Qatar. Lecturing will not do and could be counter productive. Getting Qatar Airways back would be the first priority. There are also jet servicing facilities in Cardiff owned by the Iron Maiden rocker, Bruce Dickenson.

Aston Martin are also in Vale of Glamorgan and no doubt happy for investment. Another issue is the world cup 2032. Drakeford could ask Qatar to support a joint bid and not an England only bid. This would have suyergies if Qatar airways had a Rhoose operation.

Just stuff off the top of my head.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2022 23:27]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 11:00 - Oct 29 with 1098 viewsYrAlarch

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 20:28 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

'Day Trip To Bangor (Didn't We Have A Lovely Time)' Fiddler's Dram 1979
Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 11:02 - Oct 29 with 1097 viewsYrAlarch

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 20:39 - Oct 28 by KeithHaynes

True fact.
The song was originally about Rhyl, but they replaced it with Bangor because it fitted the structure better.

That's interesting!

Don't suppose Llandudno would have been any good either.
Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 08:18 - Oct 30 with 1039 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 23:25 - Oct 28 by ReslovenSwan1

I hope they understand their main purpose is the whole state of wales including the LGBT community. Remember the Qataris already had investments in Wales with the qatari Airways link to Rhoose Airport. This was affected by the Covid lockdowns.

They will have to tread a fine line between looking for trade and supporting a more liberal regime in Qatar. Lecturing will not do and could be counter productive. Getting Qatar Airways back would be the first priority. There are also jet servicing facilities in Cardiff owned by the Iron Maiden rocker, Bruce Dickenson.

Aston Martin are also in Vale of Glamorgan and no doubt happy for investment. Another issue is the world cup 2032. Drakeford could ask Qatar to support a joint bid and not an England only bid. This would have suyergies if Qatar airways had a Rhoose operation.

Just stuff off the top of my head.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2022 23:27]

After the disgraceful fan behaviour at Wembley for the England vs Italy Euro final, then England wont be getting another mens final anytime soon.

Clearly the Lionesses story is more wholesome.

Wales needs to buddy with the Celtic nations, if there are enough stadiums ?
Its 30,000 capacity so the Liberty is out without building work.

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 15:39 - Oct 30 with 1005 viewsCatullus

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 08:18 - Oct 30 by Kilkennyjack

After the disgraceful fan behaviour at Wembley for the England vs Italy Euro final, then England wont be getting another mens final anytime soon.

Count the stadia, Principlaity and CCS, Hampden, Ibrox and Celtic Park, the Aviva and possibly Croke park, that's 7 so not enough.

Unless the owners and the Senedd got together to expand our ground of course...so it'd never happen. If it was the CCs that needed expanding they wouldn't think twice.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 16:07 - Oct 30 with 991 viewsReslovenSwan1

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 15:39 - Oct 30 by Catullus

Count the stadia, Principlaity and CCS, Hampden, Ibrox and Celtic Park, the Aviva and possibly Croke park, that's 7 so not enough.

Unless the owners and the Senedd got together to expand our ground of course...so it'd never happen. If it was the CCs that needed expanding they wouldn't think twice.

The Senedd is elected by the people of Wales with proportional representation. If they have a Cardiff bias then that is the voice of the people. Swansea does not seem starved of investment as far as I can see.

If thing goes perfectly the Swansea.com stadium will be expanded with US cash supported by global sponsors. The team just has to play well and it will happen.

The Swansea fan group will not contribute and spent 6 years criticising the owners and threatening to take them to court. They were also elected. They selected poor representatives who set them on a course ending in humiliation. The voters must do better. In fact had the Trust sold all their shares in 2016 they would have enough cash to expand the stadium to 30,000 themselves. £21m is a lot of money.

Login to get fewer ads

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 16:10 - Oct 30 with 991 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 08:18 - Oct 30 by Kilkennyjack

Biluddy with the Irish .Why .Cod they hate brits
Why Scotland, remember the years they cheated us out of World Cups

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 16:38 - Oct 30 with 976 viewsTogg

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 16:10 - Oct 30 by onehunglow

Agree. Don't get this Celtic love in. They don't give a flying fig about Wales. Met some Munster fans in Spain pub once when Ospreys were playing them in San Sebastian. We were in Nerja. Found them right orrible gits. Would have rather spent the afternoon with Llanelli's finest. Now ive got a mate down in Exmouth and when I visit we take in an Exeter Chiefs match. Great club, great people!
Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 16:46 - Oct 30 with 969 viewsReslovenSwan1

The English uncoupled with the home internationals. Good feisty affairs. Ted Crocker even refused to play the Welsh anthem at Wembley once.

The referees were to blame for the Scots wins especially at Anfield

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 18:34 - Oct 30 with 946 viewsCatullus

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 16:07 - Oct 30 by ReslovenSwan1

The Senedd is elected by the people of Wales with proportional representation. If they have a Cardiff bias then that is the voice of the people. Swansea does not seem starved of investment as far as I can see.

If thing goes perfectly the Swansea.com stadium will be expanded with US cash supported by global sponsors. The team just has to play well and it will happen.

The Swansea fan group will not contribute and spent 6 years criticising the owners and threatening to take them to court. They were also elected. They selected poor representatives who set them on a course ending in humiliation. The voters must do better. In fact had the Trust sold all their shares in 2016 they would have enough cash to expand the stadium to 30,000 themselves. £21m is a lot of money.

Why hav you always got to take it bac to the trust? Change the bl00ming record. Otherwise maybe I should point out we played well for 5 years plus and the previous owners spurned the chance?

it is utter nonsense to say Cardiff bias is the voice of the people, do you understand a government is there to run the whole country, not just a small corner of it? maybe you should think on that next time you complain about Westminster, maybe their South East England bias is the voice of the people?

Swansea has been starved of investment, as have many parts of Wales compared to Cardiff.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 18:59 - Oct 30 with 940 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 18:34 - Oct 30 by Catullus

Why hav you always got to take it bac to the trust? Change the bl00ming record. Otherwise maybe I should point out we played well for 5 years plus and the previous owners spurned the chance?

it is utter nonsense to say Cardiff bias is the voice of the people, do you understand a government is there to run the whole country, not just a small corner of it? maybe you should think on that next time you complain about Westminster, maybe their South East England bias is the voice of the people?

Swansea has been starved of investment, as have many parts of Wales compared to Cardiff.

The building work in the centre of Swansea suggests that you are talking out of your behing and that Resolven is correct.

Open your eyes mun …. 👀

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 19:12 - Oct 30 with 925 viewspencoedjack

https://www.jrf.org.uk/data/uk-poverty-rate-region

The updated one (due out at the beginning of 2023)no doubt will see no improvement.

Far better things to spend money on than the scruffy one embarrassing our country.
Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 19:12 - Oct 30 with 923 viewsKilkennyjack

Well on a practical level England should not get it again due to crowd problems that spoilt the Euros final. So buddy with them but dont expect to win.

I have no idea why you believe that Irish people hate you. They dont.
Also the Scotland and Wales relationship to counter Westmonster has brought us closer together.

Bottom line - its an attractive proposal with Ireland, Scotland and Cymru - or nothing.

It needs 10 x 30,000 seated stadiums i think.
Cymru - Millenium and Legoland
Scotland - Murrayfield, Hampden, Parkhead and Ibrox.
Ireland - Aviva, Croke Park.

Swans and Hibs might get an offer to expand. win win ?
[Post edited 30 Oct 2022 19:13]

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 21:50 - Oct 30 with 886 viewsCatullus

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 19:12 - Oct 30 by Kilkennyjack

Well on a practical level England should not get it again due to crowd problems that spoilt the Euros final. So buddy with them but dont expect to win.

Also the Scotland and Wales relationship to counter Westmonster has brought us closer together.

Bottom line - its an attractive proposal with Ireland, Scotland and Cymru - or nothing.

Croke isn't all seated, around 13k standing i think. Who will pay to expand us and Hibs for a WC?

Would the Senedd pay for a 10k expansion for us? Not blooming likley.

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 09:31 - Oct 31 with 829 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 19:12 - Oct 30 by Kilkennyjack

Take even a cursory look at the plethora of social sites full of anti English hate . Just look up James McClean and let the sewerage flow over you
They know their history though,at least the Famine/Genocide times. They forget the really bad dark side of this country

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 14:09 - Oct 31 with 790 viewsReslovenSwan1

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 18:34 - Oct 30 by Catullus

Is see a moaning second city syndrome. The fact that Huw jenkins and Martin Morgan are / were loathed tell me the fans judgement is very poor. They were seduced a by a Sunday schools rhetoric of betrayal loved by "stone cold losers" that are alway seeing the grass greener somewhere else. 'Judas' 'Sellouts' 'Yankee hedge funders' 'asset strippers' etc

They took SCFC to the promised land put in place a super infrastructure and a thriving academy and put US buyers with big wallets in front of them twice to buy their shares. The could not cut a deal, They whinged for 6 year then gave up having paid lawyers and others £400k for no return. The defenders of this policy have vanished once their narrative crumbled before their eyes. Only I contested their fake narrative and got banned on SCFC2 and abused on here (compared to a Nazi propagandist amongst other things)

Swansea has not been starved of investment. You cannot miss it. Marina University City centre redevelopment. Keep on moaning.

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 14:33 - Oct 31 with 767 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 14:09 - Oct 31 by ReslovenSwan1

Is see a moaning second city syndrome. The fact that Huw jenkins and Martin Morgan are / were loathed tell me the fans judgement is very poor. They were seduced a by a Sunday schools rhetoric of betrayal loved by "stone cold losers" that are alway seeing the grass greener somewhere else. 'Judas' 'Sellouts' 'Yankee hedge funders' 'asset strippers' etc

They took SCFC to the promised land put in place a super infrastructure and a thriving academy and put US buyers with big wallets in front of them twice to buy their shares. The could not cut a deal, They whinged for 6 year then gave up having paid lawyers and others £400k for no return. The defenders of this policy have vanished once their narrative crumbled before their eyes. Only I contested their fake narrative and got banned on SCFC2 and abused on here (compared to a Nazi propagandist amongst other things)

Swansea has not been starved of investment. You cannot miss it. Marina University City centre redevelopment. Keep on moaning.

Yawn.
Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 17:11 - Oct 31 with 714 viewsCatullus

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 18:59 - Oct 30 by Kilkennyjack

The building work in the centre of Swansea suggests that you are talking out of your behing and that Resolven is correct.

Open your eyes mun …. 👀

Now then, would you like to do some investigation and find out how much Senedd money is being invested in Swansea when compared to Cardiff? Do you understand the difference between money raised and invested by Swansea Council as against Senedd funds?

One new bulding in our city centre is nothing compared to what's been built in Cardiff. I suppose you could cite the new Arena but as soon as we got that Cardiff got plans for a bigger arena. We got the national pool then all of a sudden cardiff got a sports village complete with Olympic Swimming pool.

Maybe you should.......nah, pointless.

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 17:30 - Oct 31 with 709 viewsCatullus

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 14:09 - Oct 31 by ReslovenSwan1

It's not about second city, it's avout the whole of Wales outside the South East. Its not about the trust. Stay on topic.

Once more for the hard of understanding, when compared to Cardiff, Swansea and the rest of Wales outside the South East has been underfunded. At one point for every pound spent in Swansea the Senedd spent 7 in Cardiff. That figure was even wider for other parts of Wales. The Senedd even donated land to CCFC to help with buildingbthe CCS, did they help with our stadium?

Swansea Marina was opened in 1982, the barrage was completed in 1992, when did the Senedd open? basic facts mun.

How much has the Senedd given to Swansea University?

City centre redevelopment, again, how much has the Senedd contributed comoared to their investment in Cardiff?

For clarity because my perception is you are struggling to comprehend the suggestion, its not solely about how much is spent in Swansea, it's about how much we get as a percentage of what is spent in Cardiff. cardiff that doesn't need the investment against Swansea and the rest of Wales that does need more investment.

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 19:21 - Oct 31 with 677 viewsReslovenSwan1

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 17:30 - Oct 31 by Catullus

It's not about second city, it's avout the whole of Wales outside the South East. Its not about the trust. Stay on topic.

Once more for the hard of understanding, when compared to Cardiff, Swansea and the rest of Wales outside the South East has been underfunded. At one point for every pound spent in Swansea the Senedd spent 7 in Cardiff. That figure was even wider for other parts of Wales. The Senedd even donated land to CCFC to help with buildingbthe CCS, did they help with our stadium?

Swansea Marina was opened in 1982, the barrage was completed in 1992, when did the Senedd open? basic facts mun.

How much has the Senedd given to Swansea University?

City centre redevelopment, again, how much has the Senedd contributed comoared to their investment in Cardiff?

For clarity because my perception is you are struggling to comprehend the suggestion, its not solely about how much is spent in Swansea, it's about how much we get as a percentage of what is spent in Cardiff. cardiff that doesn't need the investment against Swansea and the rest of Wales that does need more investment.

You were complaining about the erstwhile Liberty stadium not being expanded. Th fans could have funded that themselves. It was relevant. The fans were asked to contribute 10% in 2016 reportedly and refused as part of talks for the US people to buy their shares.

I cannot find any evidence the the Senedd donated land to help CCS development but there was no reason to stop the development. There is no evidence that Swansea ever asked for help of the Senedd to help Swansea. They did not need help.

You quoted Swansea were underfunded. It is not outside normal field of education health etc. I accept that it probably get more per head than central Wales. This is the system. I The same system sees London and the south east as a wealth vortex. I object to people saying they are 'subsidising' Wales. We simply have a lower profit roles in serving the needs of the country. For example agriculture, energy steel and water production and certain fabricated products..

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 21:57 - Oct 31 with 622 viewsCatullus

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 19:21 - Oct 31 by ReslovenSwan1

You were complaining about the erstwhile Liberty stadium not being expanded. Th fans could have funded that themselves. It was relevant. The fans were asked to contribute 10% in 2016 reportedly and refused as part of talks for the US people to buy their shares.

I cannot find any evidence the the Senedd donated land to help CCS development but there was no reason to stop the development. There is no evidence that Swansea ever asked for help of the Senedd to help Swansea. They did not need help.

You quoted Swansea were underfunded. It is not outside normal field of education health etc. I accept that it probably get more per head than central Wales. This is the system. I The same system sees London and the south east as a wealth vortex. I object to people saying they are 'subsidising' Wales. We simply have a lower profit roles in serving the needs of the country. For example agriculture, energy steel and water production and certain fabricated products..

First paragraph, nonsense. I didn't complain I pointed out that you're complaint was hypocrisy seeing as the previous owners had not expanded when we were playing well and in the EPL. The fans couldn't have funded it, the fans didn't have the 10% to give.

I didn't say Swansea asked for help from the Senedd.

I didn't say Swansea was underfunded per se. I said we were funded a lot less than Cardiff is. Twist the words how you want, that is a fact, Cardiff gets a lot more per head than Swansea from the Senedd.

Your last few lines are completely irrelevant, what are you babbling about?

Anyway, I'm out of this. You're like Dr P but much less interesting.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024