Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh Assembly at the World Cup 21:50 - Oct 22 with 4970 viewsscruffyjack

Drakeford, Gething and Dawn Bowden are attending to help educate the Qatar state on LGBGT issues. Guess who’s paying for it?
Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 18:48 - Oct 23 with 1276 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 18:39 - Oct 23 by ReslovenSwan1

I do not agree with the word 'subsidy'. The economy is rigged in favour of south East England and London. Government, MOD, House of Lords, Olympics housing subsidies in a property bubble, Council house selling making millionaires,, the London media centres etc. tax cut for higher earners are mostly in the SE. Is that a subsidy?

When the banks collapsed in the south east due to living fast and loose, working people taxpayers had to bail them out. Bail out followed by cuts to local services. (austerity). That was a subsidy. Billions. You might have forgotten I have not. In football Swansea got some taxpayer cash back off West Ham by selling Downes. £2m per year for 70,000 seater stadium with railway link good to go. Subsidy?

All region of the UK are in deficit including London. (You would call them being subsidised) .

Cross rail completed HS2 to leeds cancelled. No HS2=HS1 link blocked by Camden luvies blocking a direct link from the north to Europe.

I am not complaining but Wales is not living by a begging bowl either.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2022 18:42]

Incorrect London and the South East both raise more in taxation than is spent by the Government in those two areas.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 20:31 - Oct 23 with 1251 viewsCatullus

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 16:16 - Oct 23 by Kilkennyjack

Drakers has a democratic mandate. The end.

Wrong, Drakers didn't win a majority, no majority so no mandate. That is why Drakers took the thrid placed party, Plaid, into an agreement so they could force through things thatWales doesn't want.

Plaid are having an influence in the Senedd that the voters never gave them.

Drakeford has no mandate to increase the numbers in the Senedd or to spend tax payers money going on a jolly to the World cup.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 20:41 - Oct 23 with 1247 viewsDr_Winston

Boris Johnson has a bigger democratic mandate than Mark Drakeford.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 21:58 - Oct 23 with 1229 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 20:31 - Oct 23 by Catullus

Wrong, Drakers didn't win a majority, no majority so no mandate. That is why Drakers took the thrid placed party, Plaid, into an agreement so they could force through things thatWales doesn't want.

Drakeford has no mandate to increase the numbers in the Senedd or to spend tax payers money going on a jolly to the World cup.

Correct.

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 02:04 - Oct 24 with 1202 viewsReslovenSwan1

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 18:48 - Oct 23 by felixstowe_jack

Incorrect London and the South East both raise more in taxation than is spent by the Government in those two areas.

The official documentation says this. Most up to date data. Effects of Covid perhaps.

"Every country and region in FYE March 2021 saw a net fiscal deficit. That means estimated public expenditure within that region was higher than the estimated revenues. London, the South East and the East of England moved into net fiscal deficit in FYE March 2021, after being in net fiscal surplus in FYE March 2020. All the other countries and regions saw their net fiscal deficit grow in FYE March 2021."

Wise sage since Toshack era

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 07:09 - Oct 24 with 1195 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 02:04 - Oct 24 by ReslovenSwan1

The official documentation says this. Most up to date data. Effects of Covid perhaps.

"Every country and region in FYE March 2021 saw a net fiscal deficit. That means estimated public expenditure within that region was higher than the estimated revenues. London, the South East and the East of England moved into net fiscal deficit in FYE March 2021, after being in net fiscal surplus in FYE March 2020. All the other countries and regions saw their net fiscal deficit grow in FYE March 2021."

All ready a year out of date, of course every area was in deficit during the covoid outbreak due to the furlough payments. The economy in 2021/22 bounced back after covoid and with NO COVOID furlough scheme London and the South East regions were back to a fiscal surplus.

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 21:27 - Oct 24 with 1135 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 20:31 - Oct 23 by Catullus

Nobody said he had a majority, only you.
He has a clear democratic mandate though.

Having a progressive alliance is grown up politics.
Which is the very reason that you will never understand it.
The Plaid deal means that just over 60% of the voters are now represented in Government. Bendigedig.

Cymru is leading the way …. And its away from your boring old Yah-boo politics.

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 21:39 - Oct 24 with 1116 viewsReslovenSwan1

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 07:09 - Oct 24 by felixstowe_jack

All ready a year out of date, of course every area was in deficit during the covoid outbreak due to the furlough payments. The economy in 2021/22 bounced back after covoid and with NO COVOID furlough scheme London and the South East regions were back to a fiscal surplus.

It is simply the way the country is set up and not much to do with regional effort. The great offices of State are in London and big organisations like to be based closer to decision makers. The high paying jobs earn more tax and people are more densely packed leading to more profitable services. It is just the way it is. Talk of subsidies is just silly politicking.

The fact the south east and london nearly bankrupted the country was a disgrace. They were bailed out and were able to keep their bonuses they could never afford. This went into the London property bubble which every Oligarch and embezzler knows is a cash safe haven.

Login to get fewer ads

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 21:48 - Oct 24 with 1116 viewsCatullus

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 21:39 - Oct 24 by ReslovenSwan1

It is simply the way the country is set up and not much to do with regional effort. The great offices of State are in London and big organisations like to be based closer to decision makers. The high paying jobs earn more tax and people are more densely packed leading to more profitable services. It is just the way it is. Talk of subsidies is just silly politicking.

The fact the south east and london nearly bankrupted the country was a disgrace. They were bailed out and were able to keep their bonuses they could never afford. This went into the London property bubble which every Oligarch and embezzler knows is a cash safe haven.

It's not silly politiking, it's a financial fact, London and the South East subsidises the rest of the UK.

According to official figures, Wales spends more than it raises and the shortfall is made up by Westminster, that's a subsidy.

I only wish I knew the true state of the finances so we could sort out the indy debate once and for all. Though when debating indy it is about more than money, for me anyway.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 22:07 - Oct 24 with 1100 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 21:39 - Oct 24 by ReslovenSwan1

The south east could declare independence as it would survive and prosper.
Just what is it that makes people think Wales could survive on its own,Scotland too.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 22:12 - Oct 24 with 1086 viewsReslovenSwan1

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 21:48 - Oct 24 by Catullus

It's not silly politiking, it's a financial fact, London and the South East subsidises the rest of the UK.

According to official figures, Wales spends more than it raises and the shortfall is made up by Westminster, that's a subsidy.

I only wish I knew the true state of the finances so we could sort out the indy debate once and for all. Though when debating indy it is about more than money, for me anyway.

This is one country and certain areas are richer than other by design. Wales has more open space and more agriculture on average with less population density. Different areas different roles. The use of the word SUBSIDY is inappropriate in my view as it is used to suggest Wales cannot survive independently. It can but living standards would drop. The same as Brexit. 'The subsidy' is fact money shared to make the economic system work. 'Westminster' is just a name. It is the institution that issues cash for things that need to be done whether they make a profit or not. It could be in Llanbradach. There is also the question of UK number one resource. Kilkenny would argue this is grossly under valued by the civil service in their sums. Namey water.

I do not know how much Wales exports but must be worth a few billion in an open market. Dams do not come cheap.

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 08:40 - Oct 25 with 1043 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 21:48 - Oct 24 by Catullus

https://stateofwales.com/how-is-wales-funded/

Here's an indication.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 10:03 - Oct 25 with 1027 viewsYrAlarch

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 16:16 - Oct 23 by Kilkennyjack

Drakers has a democratic mandate. The end.

Not to go on a jolly to Qatar with other Senedd cronies at taxpayers expense he doesn't.

Neither does he have a mandate to increase the size of the Senedd. That issue should go to a Referendum, like the original creation.
Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 15:52 - Oct 25 with 996 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 22:12 - Oct 24 by ReslovenSwan1

This is one country and certain areas are richer than other by design. Wales has more open space and more agriculture on average with less population density. Different areas different roles. The use of the word SUBSIDY is inappropriate in my view as it is used to suggest Wales cannot survive independently. It can but living standards would drop. The same as Brexit. 'The subsidy' is fact money shared to make the economic system work. 'Westminster' is just a name. It is the institution that issues cash for things that need to be done whether they make a profit or not. It could be in Llanbradach. There is also the question of UK number one resource. Kilkenny would argue this is grossly under valued by the civil service in their sums. Namey water.

I do not know how much Wales exports but must be worth a few billion in an open market. Dams do not come cheap.

Trouble is Wales cannot hold the waters back the Dams would overflow and the water would run into the Rivers Severn, Wye and the Dee which all run through England. The water companies could just simple pump it from the rivers free of charge and Welsh Water would loose the water abstraction fees which the water companies pay. The dams and infrastructure were also build and payed for the water companies

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 20:09 - Oct 25 with 982 viewsCatullus

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 08:40 - Oct 25 by JACKMANANDBOY

https://stateofwales.com/how-is-wales-funded/

Here's an indication.

I know all that, the question that needs answering is hw much tax is actually raised in Wales because the official figures are taken from company headquarters in England so taxes raised here go down as English, accordin to the indy supporters.

Only by knowing the true figures can we have a balanced debate. Official figures are most likely massaged.

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 20:29 - Oct 25 with 963 viewsbuilthjack

Dawn Bowden, a Quakers Yard girl. Was a Swans season ticket holder, haven’t met her for about 4 or 5 years, so not sure if that’s still the case.
Nice woman.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 22:32 - Oct 27 with 906 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 20:09 - Oct 25 by Catullus

I know all that, the question that needs answering is hw much tax is actually raised in Wales because the official figures are taken from company headquarters in England so taxes raised here go down as English, accordin to the indy supporters.

Only by knowing the true figures can we have a balanced debate. Official figures are most likely massaged.

I've seen some calculations based on GDP that indicate that the fiscal inbalance could be as low as £3bn, however these make broad assumptions for example about the taxation of organisations and their trading experience in in different parts of the UK.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 08:44 - Oct 28 with 850 viewsKeithHaynes

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 10:03 - Oct 25 by YrAlarch

Not to go on a jolly to Qatar with other Senedd cronies at taxpayers expense he doesn't.

Neither does he have a mandate to increase the size of the Senedd. That issue should go to a Referendum, like the original creation.

We have put in a freedom of information request on this subject matter.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 11:45 - Oct 28 with 813 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 22:32 - Oct 27 by JACKMANANDBOY

I've seen some calculations based on GDP that indicate that the fiscal inbalance could be as low as £3bn, however these make broad assumptions for example about the taxation of organisations and their trading experience in in different parts of the UK.

That report was commissioned by a pro Welsh Independence organisation so hardly an unbiased report.

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 11:57 - Oct 28 with 808 viewsYrAlarch

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 08:44 - Oct 28 by KeithHaynes

We have put in a freedom of information request on this subject matter.

That may prove interesting, particularly at a time when the Welsh Government is telling public service workers that there is no money to fund their pay demands. I know it's a drop in the ocean by comparison, but it's the principle that counts. There are people in Wales who can't afford a day trip to Bangor.
Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 12:23 - Oct 28 with 791 viewskrunchykarrot

Can someone who uses the bookies enlighten me on the odds for the three mentioned going to Qatar to educate them on sexual issues at the same time as the WC?

Also could someone please explain what subject matter is proposed for the Qataris by our expert Prof?

And also whilst at it what does the missing + stand for and why isnt it that being discussed?

Shemless freeloading in a country wuth awful human rights is disgraceful.
Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 14:29 - Oct 28 with 758 viewsFlashberryjack

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 12:23 - Oct 28 by krunchykarrot

Can someone who uses the bookies enlighten me on the odds for the three mentioned going to Qatar to educate them on sexual issues at the same time as the WC?

Also could someone please explain what subject matter is proposed for the Qataris by our expert Prof?

And also whilst at it what does the missing + stand for and why isnt it that being discussed?

Shemless freeloading in a country wuth awful human rights is disgraceful.

Drakeford will be wearing rainbow laces during his visit to Qatar, that is, if he can find someone to tie the bow for him.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 17:49 - Oct 28 with 718 viewscockett_jack

I’m going to make a wild assumption that these people are somewhat jumping on the bandwagon as for 99% of their life football in Wales was a ‘joke’ or perhaps even blasphemous to the mighty Egg.
Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 19:57 - Oct 28 with 690 viewsCatullus

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 21:27 - Oct 24 by Kilkennyjack

Nobody said he had a majority, only you.
He has a clear democratic mandate though.

Having a progressive alliance is grown up politics.
Which is the very reason that you will never understand it.
The Plaid deal means that just over 60% of the voters are now represented in Government. Bendigedig.

Cymru is leading the way …. And its away from your boring old Yah-boo politics.

Oh Kilky, to have a clear democratic mandate he needs a majority. if he cannot get things through the Senedd without relying on the support of the third placed party, how is that a mandate for Labour?

You call it a progressive alliance, maybe progressive would be Labour and the tories working together, that would represent the most voters after all.

ironic that you mention "Yah-Boo" politics, remind me aain how you feel about Westminster and the tory government?

PS, you are very wrong, the deal doesn't represent anywhere near 60% of the voters, to start with over 50% didn't vote. I'm sure you can understand simple math. More accurately, it's around 60% of the people who voted.

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 20:17 - Oct 28 with 677 viewsKeithHaynes

Welsh Assembly at the World Cup on 11:57 - Oct 28 by YrAlarch

That may prove interesting, particularly at a time when the Welsh Government is telling public service workers that there is no money to fund their pay demands. I know it's a drop in the ocean by comparison, but it's the principle that counts. There are people in Wales who can't afford a day trip to Bangor.

Not even the opportunity to sing the song !

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024