Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nottingham Forest 11:04 - Aug 4 with 92119 viewsconnell10

A question , will they be hit with FFP sanctions if they are relegated from the Prem? They must have breached them in the Championship.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Nottingham Forest on 09:37 - Aug 28 with 3452 viewshantssi

Are we on page 7 yet
Nottingham Forest on 12:23 - Aug 29 with 3227 viewsenfieldargh

Nottingham Forest sign defender on loan from Ath Madrid.

Watching Spurs' 2nd goal I think they need at least five more along the back.

Should get us to page 8

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Nottingham Forest on 12:26 - Aug 29 with 3218 viewsNorthernr

Another 6 or 7 signings I reckon they get a point out of that yesterday. Maybe even a goal.
Nottingham Forest on 12:46 - Aug 29 with 3164 viewsenfieldargh

I may be wrong but I understand from various sources that they(Nottingham Forest) are about to announce the signing of Basil Boli from Wolves.

I wil need at the 3 posts to cooberate this and maybe a post to correct my grandma

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Nottingham Forest on 12:55 - Aug 29 with 3153 viewshamptonhillhoop

Nottingham Forest on 12:46 - Aug 29 by enfieldargh

I may be wrong but I understand from various sources that they(Nottingham Forest) are about to announce the signing of Basil Boli from Wolves.

I wil need at the 3 posts to cooberate this and maybe a post to correct my grandma

Don't forget Serge Aurier as well according to SSN
Nottingham Forest on 13:01 - Aug 29 with 3102 viewsDavieQPR

Can't see the forest for the players.
Nottingham Forest on 13:11 - Aug 29 with 3039 viewsswitchingcode

Makes you wonder what Copper really thinks of all this as it’s obviously not driven by him
Nottingham Forest on 13:13 - Aug 29 with 3035 viewsNed_Kennedys

Nottingham Forest on 12:26 - Aug 29 by Northernr

Another 6 or 7 signings I reckon they get a point out of that yesterday. Maybe even a goal.

After yesterday I expect they will be making later offers for Chair and Willock. And if you sign Chris Willock it would be nice to sign Joe Willock from Newcastle as well.
Login to get fewer ads

Nottingham Forest on 13:16 - Aug 29 with 3032 viewsNorthernr

Nottingham Forest on 13:11 - Aug 29 by switchingcode

Makes you wonder what Copper really thinks of all this as it’s obviously not driven by him

TBF Cooper only stuck around at Swansea while he had an £80k p/w striker to pick from. When he lost twice in the play-offs and was told there was no money for that sort of thing any more - Brewster on loan, MGW on loan, Guehi on loan etc - he fcked off immediately.
Nottingham Forest on 13:23 - Aug 29 with 3006 viewsswitchingcode

Nottingham Forest on 13:16 - Aug 29 by Northernr

TBF Cooper only stuck around at Swansea while he had an £80k p/w striker to pick from. When he lost twice in the play-offs and was told there was no money for that sort of thing any more - Brewster on loan, MGW on loan, Guehi on loan etc - he fcked off immediately.

Very true but can’t see any real involvement in many of these signing other than nodding and welcoming them in.Had to laugh when he said they wouldn’t tolerate the behaviour of Richarlison yesterday after the shithousery of his swansea team in and off the pitch.At least they are the new media darlings who never mention the money they have spent in this window.
Nottingham Forest on 13:25 - Aug 29 with 3006 viewsngbqpr

They fascinate me as I live up the road and am surrounded by them - so happy to push us towards page 8.

Just had a look at the squad as it currently stands.

GK
Henderson as undisputed first choice with x 2 who'll be happy to play back up - fair enough.

Defenders
With the newbie from Atletico, that's 10. Niakhite and Richards injured, I expect Mbe Soh and Cook aren't expecting to be regulars.
This figure includes the wing backs if they stick with that formation.
So arguably 6 playing for 5 places atm, but when all are fit, there will be some unhappy players.
Boli also expected to sign.

Midfield
x 9, of whom I expect only Cafu and Colback would be happy not starting regularly. Their formation offensively has varied, but even allowing for max one out & out striker starting, that's 7 going for 4 spots (even if they don't start a no.9, as yesterday, it's 7 going for 5).
Sao Paolo player Maia also heavily linked.

Strikers
They'll try to loan out Mighten (looks set for Sheff Weds) & Taylor, but surely that still leaves Dennis, Surridge, Johnson and Awoniyi fighting for at the very most x 2 starting spots.

I admire Cooper, but he's going to have his work cut out here. It's one thing being a rotated player at City or Liverpool, but at Forest...?

The converse - if he uses the World Cup break to gel the squad further...and IF he can keep them all happy...they risk being pretty damn good.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Nottingham Forest on 13:37 - Aug 29 with 2987 viewsterryb

Nottingham Forest on 13:25 - Aug 29 by ngbqpr

They fascinate me as I live up the road and am surrounded by them - so happy to push us towards page 8.

Just had a look at the squad as it currently stands.

GK
Henderson as undisputed first choice with x 2 who'll be happy to play back up - fair enough.

Defenders
With the newbie from Atletico, that's 10. Niakhite and Richards injured, I expect Mbe Soh and Cook aren't expecting to be regulars.
This figure includes the wing backs if they stick with that formation.
So arguably 6 playing for 5 places atm, but when all are fit, there will be some unhappy players.
Boli also expected to sign.

Midfield
x 9, of whom I expect only Cafu and Colback would be happy not starting regularly. Their formation offensively has varied, but even allowing for max one out & out striker starting, that's 7 going for 4 spots (even if they don't start a no.9, as yesterday, it's 7 going for 5).
Sao Paolo player Maia also heavily linked.

Strikers
They'll try to loan out Mighten (looks set for Sheff Weds) & Taylor, but surely that still leaves Dennis, Surridge, Johnson and Awoniyi fighting for at the very most x 2 starting spots.

I admire Cooper, but he's going to have his work cut out here. It's one thing being a rotated player at City or Liverpool, but at Forest...?

The converse - if he uses the World Cup break to gel the squad further...and IF he can keep them all happy...they risk being pretty damn good.

That gives them 28 players fighting to be named in their 25 man squad before any additions this week. I don't think any of them would qualify to play in the PL as an under 21, although Johnson would depend on what birth date the PL base this on.

Martin Tyler kept saying yesterday that player x, player y & player z had joined Forest to play regulary in the PL. Good luck with that!

Perhaps they would like to loan us O'Brien for the season with no fee & Forest paying his wages!
[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 13:39]
Nottingham Forest on 13:38 - Aug 29 with 2986 viewsjeffranger

If you got to name a 25 man squad then forest will have to name 50 man squad, absolutely ridiculous spending
[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 16:47]
Nottingham Forest on 15:01 - Aug 29 with 2851 viewsnix

Nottingham Forest on 13:37 - Aug 29 by terryb

That gives them 28 players fighting to be named in their 25 man squad before any additions this week. I don't think any of them would qualify to play in the PL as an under 21, although Johnson would depend on what birth date the PL base this on.

Martin Tyler kept saying yesterday that player x, player y & player z had joined Forest to play regulary in the PL. Good luck with that!

Perhaps they would like to loan us O'Brien for the season with no fee & Forest paying his wages!
[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 13:39]

They've got four players eligible for U21 status: Soh, Johnson, Mighten and Neco Williams, as the cut off point is being born after 1 January 2001. And isn't Arter going to be excluded from the first team squad?
Nottingham Forest on 16:04 - Aug 29 with 2730 viewsterryb

Nottingham Forest on 15:01 - Aug 29 by nix

They've got four players eligible for U21 status: Soh, Johnson, Mighten and Neco Williams, as the cut off point is being born after 1 January 2001. And isn't Arter going to be excluded from the first team squad?

Cheers Nix.

I thought the cut off might have been 1st August, which would have ruled out Johnson.
Nottingham Forest on 16:29 - Aug 29 with 2685 viewsSnipper

After the play off final, I said to the one Forest fan I work with that they would stay up with that squad with just 2 or 3 clever additions.

They’ve actually outdone what Fulham did the last 2 times they were promoted prior to this season.

Bournemouth will finish stone last, that’s obvious. Who will be the other two?

Fwiw, I think Fulham and Brentford will stay up. I think Leicester and Aston Villa could be the other two.
Nottingham Forest on 17:40 - Aug 29 with 2573 viewshantssi

Nottingham Forest on 16:29 - Aug 29 by Snipper

After the play off final, I said to the one Forest fan I work with that they would stay up with that squad with just 2 or 3 clever additions.

They’ve actually outdone what Fulham did the last 2 times they were promoted prior to this season.

Fwiw, I think Fulham and Brentford will stay up. I think Leicester and Aston Villa could be the other two.

I hope with all my heart Forest go with them, then crash & burn!
After that any one from Everton, West Ham (won the World Cup don’t you know, Academy of Football) or Southampton (living down here I hate them with a passion, got a soft spot for Pompey though).
Nottingham Forest on 18:38 - Aug 29 with 2487 viewsjoe90

I don’t think Forest will come under the same level of scrutiny as we did and that’s because among fans and the media there are ‘proper’ clubs and those that should know their place.

The cognitive dissonance some fans experience when talking about their clubs is absolutely astonishing. For example a Liverpool fan at work telling me I should be cheering on Liverpool who were playing Man City (can’t remember which competition) because they had spent less…of course needless to say, but I will anyway, obviously a Liverpool ‘fan’ who had never been to Anfield and was from London.

Forest’s achievement are commendable, but their situation is a sad reflection of the modern game. The only difference is the media bias towards certain clubs. That I can’t stand.
Nottingham Forest on 21:21 - Aug 29 with 2298 viewsNewBee

Nottingham Forest on 16:29 - Aug 29 by Snipper

"After the play off final, I said to the one Forest fan I work with that they would stay up with that squad with just 2 or 3 clever additions."

Can't agree. More importantly, neither does Steve Cooper, otherwise he'd never have signed what is virtually an entirely new team.

If nothing else, half his promotion team was made up of loans and veterans who have since left.

As for the "new" team, I'm really not persuaded that they'll be good enough. For while you can improve a Championship side, which Forest essentially are/were, easily enough with new signings, it takes a whole lot more to build such a side to EPL standard. (Forest are signing players for £20-30m, but established clubs are paying £50m+, and that to augment a team which is already EPL standard.)

I watched their game against Spurs on TV. While they were clearly well coached, and knew what they were being asked to do, nonetheless the critical decision, or the final pass, was usually wide of the mark. That is, they're good enough to be competitive, but not good enough to overrun decent opposition - hence eg 1 shot on target, versus Spurs' 7.

Which is why had Spurs been at their usual level, they'd have won easily - Kane alone could/should have had four.

There migtht be three other teams which are worse than them, but I'd say that's their best, if not only, chance of staying up.
Nottingham Forest on 22:12 - Aug 29 with 2205 viewstraininvain

Nottingham Forest on 21:21 - Aug 29 by NewBee

"After the play off final, I said to the one Forest fan I work with that they would stay up with that squad with just 2 or 3 clever additions."

Can't agree. More importantly, neither does Steve Cooper, otherwise he'd never have signed what is virtually an entirely new team.

If nothing else, half his promotion team was made up of loans and veterans who have since left.

As for the "new" team, I'm really not persuaded that they'll be good enough. For while you can improve a Championship side, which Forest essentially are/were, easily enough with new signings, it takes a whole lot more to build such a side to EPL standard. (Forest are signing players for £20-30m, but established clubs are paying £50m+, and that to augment a team which is already EPL standard.)

I watched their game against Spurs on TV. While they were clearly well coached, and knew what they were being asked to do, nonetheless the critical decision, or the final pass, was usually wide of the mark. That is, they're good enough to be competitive, but not good enough to overrun decent opposition - hence eg 1 shot on target, versus Spurs' 7.

Which is why had Spurs been at their usual level, they'd have won easily - Kane alone could/should have had four.

There migtht be three other teams which are worse than them, but I'd say that's their best, if not only, chance of staying up.

Forest had three loan players starting in the playoff final in May. I’d hazard a guess that most promoted teams have a few loanees. They had one of the biggest squads in the Championship last season and it’s been a regular theme over the past few years.

Can we please stop this myth that they were some ragtag team made up of loan signings and veterans incapable of playing in the Premiership without signing a whole new squad.

Clearly Forest have the right to make wholesale changes and that’s their prerogative. But let’s not feed this narrative that they needed to sign 17+ new players because they had a few loan players last season.
Nottingham Forest on 00:11 - Aug 30 with 2097 viewsNewBee

Nottingham Forest on 22:12 - Aug 29 by traininvain

Forest had three loan players starting in the playoff final in May. I’d hazard a guess that most promoted teams have a few loanees. They had one of the biggest squads in the Championship last season and it’s been a regular theme over the past few years.

Can we please stop this myth that they were some ragtag team made up of loan signings and veterans incapable of playing in the Premiership without signing a whole new squad.

Clearly Forest have the right to make wholesale changes and that’s their prerogative. But let’s not feed this narrative that they needed to sign 17+ new players because they had a few loan players last season.

Last season Forest had 6 loanees who made nearly 200 appearances between them - that's nearly half a team. And that was on top of signing another 9 first team squad members permanently

This summer they sold or released 9 first team squad members and lent out another eight, while signing 15 ("fifteen") on permanent contracts and another couple on loan deals. So far.

Meaning that of the 16 players who featured for them vs Spurs on Sunday, just four played in the P/O final in May. And it's very possible that when their most recent signings are bedded in, then even some of those four may be replaced in the first XI.

Which is not me criticising them gatuitously, it's just that imo those players still remaining from the team which got them up last year won't be good enough to keep them up.

More importantly (understatement!), Steve Cooper and their recruitment team must think so too, otherwise they wouldn't be building what is virtually a completely new squad to meet the challenge for this season.

I have no particular feelings either way for Forest, but they're clearly gambling on this new team to keep them up. I personally feel that the gamble will fail, but in any case it will be a fascinating watch.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2022 0:12]
Nottingham Forest on 00:35 - Aug 30 with 2081 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

It’s a case of blaming the game not the player for me.

I’d be thrilled if I was a Forest fan.

They were out of it a lot longer than we were!
Nottingham Forest on 06:59 - Aug 30 with 1974 viewstraininvain

Nottingham Forest on 00:11 - Aug 30 by NewBee

Last season Forest had 6 loanees who made nearly 200 appearances between them - that's nearly half a team. And that was on top of signing another 9 first team squad members permanently

This summer they sold or released 9 first team squad members and lent out another eight, while signing 15 ("fifteen") on permanent contracts and another couple on loan deals. So far.

Meaning that of the 16 players who featured for them vs Spurs on Sunday, just four played in the P/O final in May. And it's very possible that when their most recent signings are bedded in, then even some of those four may be replaced in the first XI.

Which is not me criticising them gatuitously, it's just that imo those players still remaining from the team which got them up last year won't be good enough to keep them up.

More importantly (understatement!), Steve Cooper and their recruitment team must think so too, otherwise they wouldn't be building what is virtually a completely new squad to meet the challenge for this season.

I have no particular feelings either way for Forest, but they're clearly gambling on this new team to keep them up. I personally feel that the gamble will fail, but in any case it will be a fascinating watch.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2022 0:12]

‘This summer they sold or released 9 first team squad members and lent out another eight, while signing 15 ("fifteen") on permanent contracts and another couple on loan deals. So far.’

Like I said, Forest weren’t forced into wholesale changes which seems to have become a bit of a myth in the media reporting of their transfer dealings. They chose to sell or release the majority of those players and basically assemble a whole new squad.

Even replacing (or signing) the loanees with a few more signings on top would’ve seen 10 incoming which is still a lot of change but 17 with more to follow is ridiculous and surely unprecedented.

I agree that it’s likely to fail as it’s too much change in one transfer window as we (QPR fans) can testify following our failed attempts to adopt a similar strategy when we were promoted to the Premiership.

I’m also not convinced that Steve Cooper is driving the changes. Their owner seems quite hands on and I suspect that he’s rolling the dice and betting the house in a desperate attempt to stay in the Premiership. It’s a risky strategy.
Nottingham Forest on 07:44 - Aug 30 with 1890 viewsngbqpr

Nottingham Forest on 00:35 - Aug 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Living up here Baz, I'd say that the initial thrill when they signed the first 10-12 has shown a few signs of dying down for a number of fans as they've hit the high teens...tho equally as I said earlier, there are those saying "dump Worrall, too slow, more blood".

Think they're banking on being in touch come the World Cup, then Cooper doing a mini pre-season to gel them all.

I still think the biggest challenge is keeping them all happy. What will Toffolo, for example, make of the Atletico bloke joining yesterday, seemingly on the promise of a lot more minutes than Simeone was planning on giving him. That has a whiff of the Green / Cesar about it.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Nottingham Forest on 07:44 - Aug 30 with 1890 viewstraininvain

Nottingham Forest on 00:35 - Aug 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’m sure that billionaires around the world (including football club owners) have the same mindset, Bazza.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024