Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH 16:49 - Apr 14 with 16118 viewsNotLoyal

All of a sudden positivity returns, the impossible may well be possible and Steve Cooper continues to defy the odds. Sadly Phil didn’t.

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers
EFL Championship
Saturday April 17th 2021
Kick off 12.30pm
Liberty Stadium

Match Officials
KEITH from STROUD
Jonathan Hunt and Sam Lewis
Fourth Official: Joshua Smith

The last time we saw Keith from Stroud at the Liberty was for the 3-1 defeat to Bristol City where the swans committed more individual errors than in any game this season.

Is it on the TV ?
Only via Swans TV and whatever Wycombe and their three fans watch games on.

Wycombe manager
Gareth Ainsworth, loves hair and likes to be different.

The stats for prats
Swans record v Wycombe
Games won: 7
Games drawn: 2
Games lost: 6

Last game was at the Adams family park where the attendance looked like the Covid lockdown had been stopped. It was a 2-0 win for the swans but shoulda been a lot more.

Big day for Phil
Unfortunately for followers of royalty and similar things HRH Phil will be planted on this day, hence the earlier kick off time. Phil wasn't the most popular chap in the royal family, he had slightly old fashioned ideas, luckily he never once switched to a 422, and always played with three up front. We hope he has a fairly trouble free journey.

Phil, we are not sure if he is alive or dead here, but it’s D day Saturday

Timmy Mallet that well known kids presenter from generations gone by visited the Adams family stadium this week. He’s mad is Timmy, look at him being whacky, you don’t have to be mad to work here, but it helps.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi, Ryan Manning; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Connor Roberts, Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Korey Smith, Wayne Routledge, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Jake Bidwell, Ben Cabango.

Wycombe Wanderers: David Stockdale, Jack Grimmer, Joe Jacobson (captain), Anthony Stewart, Uche Ikpeazu, Curtis Thompson, Fred Onyedinma, Dennis Adeniran, Jason McCarthy, Admiral Muskwe, Garath McCleary.

Substitutes: Ryan Allsop, Giles Phillips, Adebayo Akinfenwa, Alex Samuel, Jordan Obita, David Wheeler, Daryl Horgan, Anis Mehmeti, Matthew Bloomfield.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54814/the-banana-skin-ar

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:20 - Apr 17 with 1117 viewsangryjack

Yan the man making us tick
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:21 - Apr 17 with 1116 viewsjackrabbit

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:20 - Apr 17 by angryjack

He’s one of the few footballers we’ve got.
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:21 - Apr 17 with 1108 viewsNortbankboy

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:20 - Apr 17 by angryjack

This ref is just letting them get away foul after foul.
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:21 - Apr 17 with 1108 viewsmax936

The big guy is on for them, big old bruiser Bayo

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:22 - Apr 17 with 1098 viewsDr_Parnassus

If we can complete the comeback at Watford stays 1-0 down then that’s massive for our auto hopes.

Had them down for 3 points. Looks like they have been battered to be fair to Luton.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:22 - Apr 17 with 1087 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:21 - Apr 17 by jackrabbit

He’s one of the few footballers we’ve got.

Soon ball goes to Lowe it breaks down
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:22 - Apr 17 with 1084 viewsDJack

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:20 - Apr 17 by Chief

No credit for Cooper for making changes then?

How's about acknowledging that he started it wrong and refused to budge for too long then we can agree to give him some credit...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:24 - Apr 17 with 1060 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:22 - Apr 17 by DJack

How's about acknowledging that he started it wrong and refused to budge for too long then we can agree to give him some credit...

Cooper is responsible for performances.

For most of this game ,we have been dire.

Dire

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:24 - Apr 17 with 1055 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:19 - Apr 17 by LittleEnglandJack

I know this sounds daft for a player that has hardly played, but I think we've really missed Liam Cullen.

The boy knows where the back of the net is.

His finish against Reading last year showed his quality

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:25 - Apr 17 with 1040 viewsThornburyswan

7 mins added!
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:26 - Apr 17 with 1025 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:24 - Apr 17 by onehunglow

Cooper is responsible for performances.

For most of this game ,we have been dire.

Dire

He’s responsible for all 42 league performances this season.

And as a result responsible for us being 3rd, well above where we should logically be at this stage of the season.

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:26 - Apr 17 with 1020 viewsonehunglow

In fairness Wycombe still going strong

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:27 - Apr 17 with 1014 viewsDr_Parnassus

Brentford draw at home 0-0.

Watford red card. Still 1-0 down to Luton deep into injury time.

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:28 - Apr 17 with 1006 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:20 - Apr 17 by Nortbankboy

I thought you wanted 3_0

That would be a bit impossible now being as super Steve set us up to concede two? Are you a bit soft?

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:30 - Apr 17 with 975 viewsonehunglow

Clearly Cullen is worth a shout .

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:31 - Apr 17 with 966 viewsNortbankboy

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:28 - Apr 17 by Brynmill_Jack

That would be a bit impossible now being as super Steve set us up to concede two? Are you a bit soft?

No you are the soft one.
These teams are not easy to play against.f
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:32 - Apr 17 with 950 viewsNortbankboy

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:31 - Apr 17 by Nortbankboy

No you are the soft one.

And that was a pen.
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:33 - Apr 17 with 930 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:20 - Apr 17 by Chief

No credit for Cooper for making changes then?

None.
If we hadn't gone 2 down he'd have carried on trying to avoid losing.
He should have been sacked weeks ago.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:33 - Apr 17 with 925 viewsDr_Parnassus

There was no way I was expecting to gain anything in the promotion hunt today.

I had Watford, Brentford and us all down to win and be as you were at full time.

Gaining a point on Watford and staying the same vs Brentford after full time is a huge positive.

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:33 - Apr 17 with 912 views34dfgdf54

Not good enough unfortunately and despite Watford losing I think that was a must win.

Brilliant return to action for Cullen
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:34 - Apr 17 with 913 viewsThornburyswan

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:26 - Apr 17 by onehunglow

In fairness Wycombe still going strong

They deserved a point to be fair.

Crazy game, we were horrific for most of the first 70 mins & then perked up considerably to grab a point - missed the chance to really crank up the pressure on Watford.
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:36 - Apr 17 with 868 viewsjackrabbit

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:33 - Apr 17 by Dr_Parnassus

There was no way I was expecting to gain anything in the promotion hunt today.

I had Watford, Brentford and us all down to win and be as you were at full time.

Gaining a point on Watford and staying the same vs Brentford after full time is a huge positive.

Agreed. 2-2 is infinitely better than 0-2 and it’s all we deserved. Wycombe do not look rock bottom of the league. Today could have been worse.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 14:37]
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:36 - Apr 17 with 861 viewsAnotherJohn

Wycombe's frailty near the end shows that they were there for the taking if we'd been more positive early on. Looking at how the other results went today we missed a big opportunity to close on Watford (don't think the one point gained is going to be enough).
Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:37 - Apr 17 with 852 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:31 - Apr 17 by Nortbankboy

No you are the soft one.

Who said they were easy to play against? Your mind is playing tricks on you (although I’m surprised it’s even capable of that!)

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:40 - Apr 17 with 828 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Wycombe Wanderers : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:36 - Apr 17 by jackrabbit

Agreed. 2-2 is infinitely better than 0-2 and it’s all we deserved. Wycombe do not look rock bottom of the league. Today could have been worse.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 14:37]

Yep.

2-2 Swans and 1-0 Luton is also infinitely better than 3-0 Swansea and 3-0 Watford too which I think a lot of people don’t seem to grasp.

I bet some would still take a 3-0 win today even if it meant Watford also win.

We are in a better position in the automatic promotion hunt at this second than I thought we would be 2 hours ago.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024