Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren gone - official 10:59 - Apr 1 with 32147 viewsAntti_Heinola

Haven't got a subscription to Murdoch's rag, but... https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/mcclaren-at-risk-of-sack-after-bolton-defeat-

The club want ANSWERS, damnit!

I think he might get Saturday if only because it would be unfair on the new guy to be in charge of an inevitable absolute humiliation live on sky.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Bare bones.

McClaren gone - official on 20:31 - Apr 1 with 2377 viewsHunterhoop

McClaren gone - official on 20:05 - Apr 1 by rsonist

I can’t decide whether Angel and ol’ Geoff, as senior players, are representative of the dressing room position on this sacking, and they’ll all pissed and things might get worse, OR they’re ageing pros who’s expected to get another deal and now see that new extension they promised the missus disappearing down the drain,

Possibly somewhere in the middle but all a bit odd and unnecessarily public. Steve asking them to give him some good PR? Wonder what Eze, BOS and Lumley think? We know what Paul Smyth and his mum will think. Suggest it’s Leistner, Luongo and Furlong whose opinions matter the most, as first trainers who’ll be here next year.
Times saying SM could go this week... on 20:38 - Apr 1 with 2339 viewsrsonist

Times saying SM could go this week... on 20:27 - Apr 1 by Hunterhoop

Today’s line?? Where?? From who??

McIntyre. Also the more general insinuation upthread that starry-eyed TF pulls the bad strings and everyone else in management suffers in silence.
McClaren gone - official on 20:42 - Apr 1 with 2315 viewsrsonist

McClaren gone - official on 20:31 - Apr 1 by Hunterhoop

I can’t decide whether Angel and ol’ Geoff, as senior players, are representative of the dressing room position on this sacking, and they’ll all pissed and things might get worse, OR they’re ageing pros who’s expected to get another deal and now see that new extension they promised the missus disappearing down the drain,

Possibly somewhere in the middle but all a bit odd and unnecessarily public. Steve asking them to give him some good PR? Wonder what Eze, BOS and Lumley think? We know what Paul Smyth and his mum will think. Suggest it’s Leistner, Luongo and Furlong whose opinions matter the most, as first trainers who’ll be here next year.

Yeah it's interesting, I can't decide either. It does seem a little more... pointed... than simple professional courtesy on their part but maybe that's just a long day at the being patronising on messageboards coalface talking.
McClaren gone - official (n/t) (n/t) on 20:44 - Apr 1 with 2302 viewsrichranger

McClaren gone - official (n/t) (n/t) on 17:50 - Apr 1 by corse

This list fills me with fear and despair

Sherwood now 1/4 - done deal?
Times saying SM could go this week... on 20:45 - Apr 1 with 2300 viewsQPR_John

Times saying SM could go this week... on 20:10 - Apr 1 by rsonist

Did he? Strange considering today's line is that Les had given Sherwood the job and then TF came in and kiboshed it because of the social media backlash.

Well no matter what opinions people have of TF we can all come together and thank him for that decision.
McClaren gone - official (n/t) (n/t) on 21:03 - Apr 1 with 2192 viewsitsbiga

McClaren gone - official (n/t) (n/t) on 20:44 - Apr 1 by richranger

Sherwood now 1/4 - done deal?

If it’s Tim Nice but dim im giving up and going full time on Dulwich Hamlet.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

McClaren gone - official (n/t) (n/t) on 21:15 - Apr 1 with 2136 viewsblacky2013

McClaren gone - official (n/t) (n/t) on 21:03 - Apr 1 by itsbiga

If it’s Tim Nice but dim im giving up and going full time on Dulwich Hamlet.

Don't fret he'll be gone by Christmas
Times saying SM could go this week... on 21:55 - Apr 1 with 2009 viewsHunterhoop

Times saying SM could go this week... on 20:45 - Apr 1 by QPR_John

Well no matter what opinions people have of TF we can all come together and thank him for that decision.

Well, hold on. How do we know it’s true? I’ve not read that line anywhere else but in that one post.
Login to get fewer ads

Times saying SM could go this week... on 22:02 - Apr 1 with 1982 viewsPunteR

Times saying SM could go this week... on 20:10 - Apr 1 by rsonist

Did he? Strange considering today's line is that Les had given Sherwood the job and then TF came in and kiboshed it because of the social media backlash.

Yes he did. I dont know what todays line is but that was the jist. From memory he said he wasn't right for the club at that time because Sherwood wanted xy and z and the club wasnt in the position to do that. Maybe it was a more mutual thing then a definite no by Ferdinand. No idea where TF comes in in all this. He probably doesn't even know himself.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2019 22:07]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Times saying SM could go this week... on 22:49 - Apr 1 with 1864 viewsrsonist

Times saying SM could go this week... on 21:55 - Apr 1 by Hunterhoop

Well, hold on. How do we know it’s true? I’ve not read that line anywhere else but in that one post.

I have implicit trust in whatever McIntyre's dreamt up sat in his bedroom.
McClaren gone - official on 23:03 - Apr 1 with 1798 viewsdistortR

I'd be really excited to see Tim working with Les and Chris again, especially if they can recruit chief amigo Harry..............................................

Times saying SM could go this week... on 23:03 - Apr 1 with 1794 viewsQPR_John

Times saying SM could go this week... on 21:55 - Apr 1 by Hunterhoop

Of course we don't know it's true. I thought that was self evident and did not see the point of adding "if true"
[Post edited 1 Apr 2019 23:04]
McClaren gone - official on 23:11 - Apr 1 with 1760 viewsdavman

So I have seen three tweets from players - Cameron, Rangel and Wells, two loanees and the other ex Prem player. What about our permanent players - any of them (who are going to be here next season) indicate that they give a toss that he's gone?

I hate to say it, but he had to go e en if we all know that the manager is not the problem...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

McClaren gone - official on 23:28 - Apr 1 with 1723 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Suggest it's us (fans) whose opinions matter most. 2019 has been unacceptable.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

McClaren gone - official on 00:19 - Apr 2 with 1639 viewsBenny_the_Ball

McClaren gone - official on 14:06 - Apr 1 by PBLOCK

Paul Furlong and Paul Hall both been coaching for a good few years know our youth set up so yeah.

Agree JFH didn’t work out but ‘big names’ have hardly blown the fcuking house down have they???

I despair at the usual suspects trotted out whenever the manager's post is vacant. Bircham, Gallen, Ainsworth, Jackett, Furlong, Hall, Leistner, etc.; i.e. anyone with a QPR connection will do. The owners may have their faults but how do you expect them to take QPR fans seriously when we can't see further than our own noses? Show some imagination and flair for Christ's sake.
McClaren gone - official on 00:30 - Apr 2 with 1629 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Despite the lack of appetite for a managerial merry-go-round I can't say I'm surprised. 6 points in 2019 including recent home losses to Rotherham and Bolton puts us squarely at the bottom of the form league and staring at the very real prospect of relegation. He had to go.
McClaren gone - official on 01:48 - Apr 2 with 1589 viewstimcocking

Blimey.

As always when we sack a manager*, i don't agree. They should be sacking whoever got rid of Nedum Onuoha and Jack Robinson so we could afford more backroom staff.

Not a huge surprise, though. Social media means it's almost impossible to avoid changing managers when a team is struggling. Too many ill-informed people shouting bad advice all the time.

That said, we've been absolutely awful recently, perhaps it is a good move. I'd have been 100% against six weeks ago, now i'm not too disappointed.

Can i put my name in? Think i could do better.

* Goes without saying, Redknapp and Hughes excluded.
McClaren gone - official on 11:09 - Apr 2 with 1418 viewsR_from_afar

McClaren gone - official on 18:10 - Apr 1 by Antti_Heinola

Not sure who you're raging against here Paul. Very few fans would disagree TF (and Ruben, who never gets a mention despite being majority shareholder) have made a pig's ear out of a potentially great situation. But until someone better comes along with a wish to buy the club, there's not a lot of point in doing much is there? They're not running the club into the ground, they're not asset-stripping, they would finance the club more in terms of signings if they were allowed to. Just look at who's trying to buy Bolton from whom to see how really bad things could be in that regard. Fair enough, I wouldn't mind different owners, I wouldn't mourn the loss of TF particularly, but I'd still take this lot over the majority of owners about to be honest.

Spot on.

Also, we can't have it both ways with TF: I didn't want Ollie sacked but remember that Ollie came back during the time that TF has been our joint owner. TF gets negligible credit for that...

I am sitting here praying that the board is considering options other than ones the bookies and journalists are talking about. I'd love Ainsworth to do the job but I think he will be reluctant to leave WW when they are also in the mire themselves and I think whether he can rescue them this season is a good test of whether he is a real candidate for us in the future.

Rowett is overrated and arrogant, ditto Tim, and I'm not keen on Jokanovic after he spent a fortune and failed at Fulham. Barton has had enough of our money, is an egomaniac and is short on experience.

My head's in a spin over this but I like the idea of an up and coming foreign coach* plus Birch or Derry, failing that, perhaps Appleton (Nicole if Michael doesn't want it).

*De Canio would be good again, but I expect he wouldn't want it after the problems he had last time, or this guy would be amazing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eusebio_Di_Francesco but I doubt the board will have the imagination to go down this road, sadly....

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

McClaren gone - official on 11:14 - Apr 2 with 1406 viewsAntti_Heinola

McClaren gone - official on 11:09 - Apr 2 by R_from_afar

Spot on.

Also, we can't have it both ways with TF: I didn't want Ollie sacked but remember that Ollie came back during the time that TF has been our joint owner. TF gets negligible credit for that...

I am sitting here praying that the board is considering options other than ones the bookies and journalists are talking about. I'd love Ainsworth to do the job but I think he will be reluctant to leave WW when they are also in the mire themselves and I think whether he can rescue them this season is a good test of whether he is a real candidate for us in the future.

Rowett is overrated and arrogant, ditto Tim, and I'm not keen on Jokanovic after he spent a fortune and failed at Fulham. Barton has had enough of our money, is an egomaniac and is short on experience.

My head's in a spin over this but I like the idea of an up and coming foreign coach* plus Birch or Derry, failing that, perhaps Appleton (Nicole if Michael doesn't want it).

*De Canio would be good again, but I expect he wouldn't want it after the problems he had last time, or this guy would be amazing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eusebio_Di_Francesco but I doubt the board will have the imagination to go down this road, sadly....

Ainsworth would bite our hands off mate. Don't worry about that.
Not sure if he's the man, but he'd come in time for Sat if offered.

Bare bones.

McClaren gone - official on 11:16 - Apr 2 with 1393 viewstimcocking

McClaren gone - official on 11:14 - Apr 2 by Antti_Heinola

Ainsworth would bite our hands off mate. Don't worry about that.
Not sure if he's the man, but he'd come in time for Sat if offered.

I can't help myself - that appointment would at least make me very happy and excited, even if it only lasted for a fortnight.
McClaren gone - official on 11:17 - Apr 2 with 1393 viewsaston_hoop

McClaren gone - official on 11:09 - Apr 2 by R_from_afar

Spot on.

Regardless of having the imagination, I'm not sure a bloke who guided Roma to 3rd in Serie A a Champions League semi final is quite in our range...

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

McClaren gone - official on 11:17 - Apr 2 with 1390 viewsjohncharles

McClaren gone - official on 23:03 - Apr 1 by distortR

I'd be really excited to see Tim working with Les and Chris again, especially if they can recruit chief amigo Harry..............................................

Don’t even joke about it 🙀☠️🤮

Strong and stable my arse.

McClaren gone - official on 12:06 - Apr 2 with 1320 viewsTheChef

McClaren gone - official on 18:10 - Apr 1 by Antti_Heinola

Not sure who you're raging against here Paul. Very few fans would disagree TF (and Ruben, who never gets a mention despite being majority shareholder) have made a pig's ear out of a potentially great situation. But until someone better comes along with a wish to buy the club, there's not a lot of point in doing much is there? They're not running the club into the ground, they're not asset-stripping, they would finance the club more in terms of signings if they were allowed to. Just look at who's trying to buy Bolton from whom to see how really bad things could be in that regard. Fair enough, I wouldn't mind different owners, I wouldn't mourn the loss of TF particularly, but I'd still take this lot over the majority of owners about to be honest.

Better the devil you know and all that.

You can just imagine what kind of shyster we'd end up with if/when Fernandes sells up. Although part of me hopes MIttal might one day dig into his loose change and buy the club outright. Of course they tried that before and got blocked by bloomin' Briatore. Whether the Mittals would want to try again, I don't know.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2019 12:12]

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

McClaren gone - official on 12:37 - Apr 2 with 1277 viewsAntti_Heinola

McClaren gone - official on 18:55 - Apr 1 by PunteR

"Not sure who you're raging against here Paul"
I think you've just answered the question there Antti with your response.
"there's not a lot of point in doing much is there?"

It's me isn't it? It's always me. I'm like Mario fkn Balotelli.

Bare bones.

McClaren gone - official on 12:46 - Apr 2 with 1251 viewsdaveB

a few players tweeted nice things about Holloway when he left, I wouldn't read much into it.

By all accounts McClaren is a top bloke and a very good coach so I'm sure the players got on with him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024