Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren gone - official 10:59 - Apr 1 with 32144 viewsAntti_Heinola

Haven't got a subscription to Murdoch's rag, but... https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/mcclaren-at-risk-of-sack-after-bolton-defeat-

The club want ANSWERS, damnit!

I think he might get Saturday if only because it would be unfair on the new guy to be in charge of an inevitable absolute humiliation live on sky.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Bare bones.

Times saying SM could go this week... on 12:17 - Apr 1 with 3426 viewsMytch_QPR

Times saying SM could go this week... on 12:07 - Apr 1 by Antti_Heinola

I said this near the start of the season - there was an obvious disconnect there. We changed the scouting system, but signed just one player from it (Leistner). SM was TF's choice, Les had to work with him, but SM wouldn't risk players he didn't already know - which is understandable, but went against the changes the club were trying to make. Still, the loans could've worked short term - a stabilisation, get more minutes into the younger players etc, we're only committed to them financially for one season. And for a while it looked as if that may well work. Now it isn't.
Cutting and re-cutting the budget while trying to improve is horrendously difficult. That may catch up with us next season. Relegation looks pretty likely (if it doesn't happen this season).

It's the cutting and re-cutting that will make the job a difficult one - how many managers would relish the pressure of getting results and keeping us up with their hands tied financially? - unless the board have sanctioned some further expenditure and are prepared to risk FFP sanctions again.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

McClaren gone - official on 12:18 - Apr 1 with 3408 viewsjohncharles

McLaren had us playing some nice football and winning but then it was like he lost interest.
It’s his fatal flaw. He has no killer instinct. No kill to win instinct. He blew it at Wembley with Derby. They were the favourites and the better team and we went down to 10 men and he blew it.
We have a match winner in Eze but he’s been reined in. Wells has scored consistently but gets benched in favour of Hemed. Smith despite limitations was scoring and winning games for us.
It seems that McLaren is afraid of success.

Strong and stable my arse.

Times saying SM could go this week... on 12:21 - Apr 1 with 3369 viewsAntti_Heinola

Times saying SM could go this week... on 12:12 - Apr 1 by rsonist

"SM was TF's choice, Les had to work with him, but SM wouldn't risk players he didn't already know - which is understandable, but went against the changes the club were trying to make"

Yes I remember this yarn. As credible a bit of fanfic now as it was then.

Why so?

Bare bones.

McClaren gone - official on 12:24 - Apr 1 with 3316 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Please for the love of God not Rowet! Stoke fans up here say he is the worst manager and his team played the most boring turgid shite they have ever seen. STOKE FANS saying that FFS. Most Derby fans don't speak too highly of him either.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2019 12:28]
McClaren gone - official on 12:24 - Apr 1 with 3311 viewsBklynRanger

An exhaustingly predictable decision but the right one. Now we can have a few weeks of exhausting speculation. I'd like to see us go for a mad South American with a fat, moustachioed interpreter.
Times saying SM could go this week... on 12:25 - Apr 1 with 3303 viewsrichranger

Times saying SM could go this week... on 12:21 - Apr 1 by Antti_Heinola

Why so?

Tim Sherwood odds-on favourite on Skybet

Then again Redknapp is 16-1........#AprilFool
Times saying SM could go this week... on 12:32 - Apr 1 with 3184 viewsrsonist

Times saying SM could go this week... on 12:15 - Apr 1 by Northernr

Holloway and McClaren were both picked by the owners and LH and LF have had to get on with it. JFH you could lay at their door, but the last two managers have both been handed to them, and the case of Holloway handed to them against their wishes.

Again you seem to have stated interpretation as fact unfortunately.

The way I should imagine it's more likely to work is there is a group of decision makers who discuss suggestions, and then compromises are made in choosing. Maybe McClaren wasn't Les' original suggestion but he did fit the brief and to imply that Les was helplessly forced to submit to TF's starfcking is creating a speculative narrative to suit bias.

Besides we all know Les wants Sherwood anyway.
Times saying SM could go this week... on 12:32 - Apr 1 with 3174 viewsLongsufferingR

Times saying SM could go this week... on 11:11 - Apr 1 by francisbowles

Have you got your piece ready , Clive?

Clive always has his piece ready.

Or so I've heard.
Login to get fewer ads

Times saying SM could go this week... on 12:34 - Apr 1 with 3129 viewsNorthernr

Times saying SM could go this week... on 12:32 - Apr 1 by rsonist

The way I should imagine it's more likely to work is there is a group of decision makers who discuss suggestions, and then compromises are made in choosing. Maybe McClaren wasn't Les' original suggestion but he did fit the brief and to imply that Les was helplessly forced to submit to TF's starfcking is creating a speculative narrative to suit bias.

I don't know why you always talk to me like this.

If you want to think I sit in my bedroom dreaming this stuff up based on my best guess, rather than being down there regularly, asking them questions, getting stuff off the record, then fair enough. But it's not true.

Times saying SM could go this week... on 12:35 - Apr 1 with 3113 viewsDorse

Sherwood? Just kill me now.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Times saying SM could go this week... on 12:39 - Apr 1 with 3036 views2Thomas2Bowles

Times saying SM could go this week... on 12:15 - Apr 1 by Northernr

Holloway and McClaren were both picked by the owners and LH and LF have had to get on with it. JFH you could lay at their door, but the last two managers have both been handed to them, and the case of Holloway handed to them against their wishes.

Ok if that's true who did LF want.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Times saying SM could go this week... on 12:40 - Apr 1 with 3024 viewsnix

Times saying SM could go this week... on 12:34 - Apr 1 by Northernr

If you want to think I sit in my bedroom dreaming this stuff up based on my best guess, rather than being down there regularly, asking them questions, getting stuff off the record, then fair enough. But it's not true.

I've heard this story from a credible source too Clive, so completely believe that's what happened when McLaren was employed.
Times saying SM could go this week... on 12:42 - Apr 1 with 2995 viewsMytch_QPR

Times saying SM could go this week... on 12:35 - Apr 1 by Dorse

Sherwood? Just kill me now.

We could start a Gilet Jaune protest group.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Times saying SM could go this week... on 12:42 - Apr 1 with 2997 viewsAntti_Heinola

Undoubtedly they all had a say. No one said otherwise, so not sure what the bias is. But everything Les said before SM was about scouting, lower league bargains, free transfers. SM came in and went with three high profile loans and Rangel, who was a free. so there's quite clearly a difference of opinion on how to run the team between them. That's it. Les may well - probably was - happy to compromise, and happy to work with SM who by all accounts is a decent man, but suggesting they have different ideas and that SM was more of a TF choice than an LF one hardly seems controversial?

Bare bones.

Times saying SM could go this week... on 12:48 - Apr 1 with 2891 viewsrsonist

Times saying SM could go this week... on 12:34 - Apr 1 by Northernr

I've got nothing but respect for your right to have a subjective opinion and for the objective journalistic work that you do. But personally I do think you can be careless in blurring the two, and even though I acknowledge it's probably an impossible balance to maintain it still has consequences in terms of shaping a sometimes destructive narrative given your position for want of a better word.

But look, if if you're gonna tell me everything you're saying here is certified off the record fact and the evidence isn't for public consumption there's not a lot I can say to that.
Times saying SM could go this week... on 12:54 - Apr 1 with 2782 viewsnix

Times saying SM could go this week... on 12:48 - Apr 1 by rsonist

I've got nothing but respect for your right to have a subjective opinion and for the objective journalistic work that you do. But personally I do think you can be careless in blurring the two, and even though I acknowledge it's probably an impossible balance to maintain it still has consequences in terms of shaping a sometimes destructive narrative given your position for want of a better word.

But look, if if you're gonna tell me everything you're saying here is certified off the record fact and the evidence isn't for public consumption there's not a lot I can say to that.

Well he can't really say that it's certified fact if it's off the record. I think he's gone as far as he can go here. I know he can defend himself but Clive's a proper journalist not a click bait warriior so I doubt he indulges in presenting speculation as fact. The rest of us can talk about my brother in law's cousin who's a taxi driver spoke to TF etc, etc but I don't think Clive has ever done that.
Times saying SM could go this week... on 13:02 - Apr 1 with 2648 viewsWestbourneR

Times saying SM could go this week... on 12:48 - Apr 1 by rsonist

I’m with Northern - what an irritating post.

You’re doubting the credibility of what he says but haven’t nothing to back it up... except your own assumptions.

So you’re basically accusing him of doing something, without foundation, that you’ve actually just done yourself.

Northern puts blood sweat and tears into being accurate and avoiding conjecture. His track record speaks for itself.

What have you got?

It’s this kind b*ll*cks that brought us Brexit. What a nob

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

McClaren gone - official on 13:04 - Apr 1 with 2618 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The right decision that brings no joy to anyone. we would all have preferred if the hugely enjoyable pre-Christmas form had continued, and we must also remember that McClaren's team was incredibly unlucky with a spate of penalty decisions which put us on this miserable run. However, there's just no arguing with recent results.

A shame. He seems an honourable man. Best of luck to him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

McClaren gone - official on 13:06 - Apr 1 with 2596 viewsJuzzie

How long before the new Manager gets given an infantile nickname and how long before people call for him to go if results aren't good?
Times saying SM could go this week... on 13:08 - Apr 1 with 2555 viewsE15Hoop

Times saying SM could go this week... on 13:02 - Apr 1 by WestbourneR

I’m with Northern - what an irritating post.

You’re doubting the credibility of what he says but haven’t nothing to back it up... except your own assumptions.

So you’re basically accusing him of doing something, without foundation, that you’ve actually just done yourself.

Northern puts blood sweat and tears into being accurate and avoiding conjecture. His track record speaks for itself.

What have you got?

It’s this kind b*ll*cks that brought us Brexit. What a nob

Whichever way you look at it, one thing's for sure, we are in a right fcuking mess (again!!)
And surely, the finger has to start pointing at Sir Les, unless he's consistently being overruled?
That I can't believe, or else he'd surely have told them to stick it a long time ago..
Times saying SM could go this week... on 13:15 - Apr 1 with 2468 viewsTheChef

Times saying SM could go this week... on 12:02 - Apr 1 by LythamR

cant think when i have been less bothered one way or another about a manager arriving or leaving

I suppose it had to be now if they want to sell more than 100 season tickets before the early bird window closes!

My feeling entirely. How much difference is going to make, given the failure of the previous three/four managers (at least)?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Times saying SM could go this week... on 13:16 - Apr 1 with 2451 viewsSimonJames

Times saying SM could go this week... on 13:08 - Apr 1 by E15Hoop

Whichever way you look at it, one thing's for sure, we are in a right fcuking mess (again!!)
And surely, the finger has to start pointing at Sir Les, unless he's consistently being overruled?
That I can't believe, or else he'd surely have told them to stick it a long time ago..

...off the record, a senior director at a top 3 premiership club told me last year that they were surprised that someone would give LF a DoF job.

100% of people who drink water will die.

McClaren gone - official on 13:18 - Apr 1 with 2430 viewsdavman

McClaren gone - official on 13:06 - Apr 1 by Juzzie

How long before the new Manager gets given an infantile nickname and how long before people call for him to go if results aren't good?

LBlock, pen at the ready - how quick can you turn a nickname around???

I am soooooo passed caring this time, hopefully it'll be a proper sort us out from the back merchant ahead of the Millwall game who does what Warnock did when he came back briefly - a 0-0 followed by a 1-0 win would do great thanks...

We really are screwed, aren't we? We know that the manager is not the single problem here, so who else needs to go? If Les and Hoos have not been allowed to do the job they were asked to do because they have been undermined from above, you can't sack them off, so what's left? Can Amit put his cash where his mouth is and pay Tony to pop off?

It is a royal mess, isn't it...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

McClaren gone - official on 13:24 - Apr 1 with 2353 viewsToast_R

Lets get Scotty Parker from Fools
McClaren gone - official on 13:24 - Apr 1 with 2345 viewsloftboy

American actor Bill Murray to be next manager, after all its flipping ground hog day at QPR for the 15th season running!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024