Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hilly's View! 18:50 - Dec 19 with 24728 viewsroccydaleian

https://audioboom.com/boos/3977161-i-hope-they-help-us-establish-rather-than-des
Hilly's View! on 22:12 - Dec 20 with 2647 views442Dale

Interesting that the text version doesn't include the comments about fans etc.
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/keith-hills-post-match-reaction-colche

And an equally interesting title for the story advertising the YouTube video:
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/youtube-appeal-for-support-2861180.asp

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hilly's View! on 23:04 - Dec 20 with 2565 viewsalderleydale

Hilly's View! on 21:44 - Dec 20 by TalkingSutty

Don't think so, I could hold my own with Hilly when it comes to his daft comments, a kid could do that. It's about preparation and pre-emoting the reply, I am good at that.

You can't argue with him when it comes to his managerial skills. You can question him on team selection or player position but I reckon Hilly would easily cover that and explain that some decisions are taken and are not for public consumption, a fair point.

It's all about his media comments for me and his general disdain towards the fans. A few fans voice their dissatisfaction and everybodies to blame. Some would like to turn this thread into a Sutty v Hill thread and I don't know why. I have just posted the same as a lot of supporters but one poster in particular has deemed it ok to single me out. I can print off dozens of posts in support of Hilly, I have a clear conscience. The fact I don't think he is perfect( who is) obviously upsets somebody

If it came to a head to head on his reign as Rochdale manager there would only be one winner and it wouldn't be me.

I was only trying to lighten the mood Sutty

As was stated earlier, twas nothing more than tongue in cheek!!
Hilly's View! on 06:13 - Dec 21 with 2440 viewsTalkingSutty

Hilly's View! on 23:04 - Dec 20 by alderleydale

I was only trying to lighten the mood Sutty

As was stated earlier, twas nothing more than tongue in cheek!!

Yep, i appreciate that. The only problem I have with the manager comes from his media comments, i have been consistent with that. Obviously I disagree with some of his team selections and the way some players seem to be favoured over others but I'm not daft enough to know he will probably have a valid reason for everything he does.

He deserves whatever we pay him and even the methods we MIGHT use to stump up his cash doesn't bother me (% cuts), it's not ideal but probably the only way we can afford him.If he doesn't like me disagreeing with his comments then there's nothing I can do about that.

Last week we had individuals calling for the manager to be sacked, one threatened to make a banner targeted at the manager, i responded by threatening to rip it down if it was within arms length of me.That was showing my support for the manager, others chose to make no comment, schtum. Let's not forget, this forum provided the platform for those individuals to do that, the moderators allowed it. I suggest that ColDales idea to set up a meeting with the manager and myself should have been targeted at those posters not me. I'm not the one calling for his head and never have been.

If the manager or those connected to the Club have a problem with the forum and those that post then somebody needs to decide what they are going to do about it. Tell them to stop reading the FANS message board or ban the posters who don't agree with the manager over certain things.If it would bring some harmony to ColDales life or the Football Clubs i could accept a ban without even falling out with those who make the decision,it would probably save me a load of hassle. I could become the sacrificial Lamb ( I love lamb), the modern day martyr ( I love tomatoes).

I visit a lot of different football forums and this one is pretty tame compared to a lot of other Clubs so let's not pretend it's the work of the devil. We whinge about daft comments and team selections and shoddy treatment by those involved at the club, even fake weather forecasters, that's about the sum of the perceived problem that some individuals seems to have.

Its pretty obvious we don't all get on but that's the problem with forums, you end up having conversations with people who if you saw them on the terraces you would gravitate away from, or just nod your head. Not because you dislike them particularly, their personality or demeanour might just irritate you. I often find myself in plenty of space.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2015 7:55]
Hilly's View! on 07:57 - Dec 21 with 2385 viewsaleanddale

Thank god we won!! And I am hoping for another win on Saturday.

Hilly is wide of the mark here.. Again.

I absolutely love the bloke for what he has contributed to the upturn in fortunes for Dale whilst he has been at the helm but the club needs to sort out some really basic stuff.

It is a bit of a "club" within a club rather than the inclusive nature of team Rochdale from a few years ago. Team Rochdale and No fear to this.

35 years I have paid my money and done nothing but cheer and support..

Pushed and frisked aggressively on a match day by a no mark I am not sure is trained in what he is doing.

Tarred with a brush of a 1% minority attending games... 1.1% if hilly read the WUM banner thread by a non fookin Daley.

As for mentioning bury FFS nobody on here or who I attend games with want to go down the route they are happy taking... I love the fact we promote from within and compete well on a shoe string budget.

I love the 90 minutes win lose or draw and commenting good bad or often drivel on here afterwards.

It's the basics the club need to get right as the whole Spotland matchday experience has gone from very good to horrendous in a very very short period of time.

Stop the frisking at the turnstyle ( unless a GOOD reason ) managers interviews regarding ON pitch observations would be a good place to start.

2200 there on Saturday with 50? From Colchester!! God help us.
Hilly's View! on 09:43 - Dec 21 with 2324 viewsalderleydale

Hilly's View! on 06:13 - Dec 21 by TalkingSutty

Yep, i appreciate that. The only problem I have with the manager comes from his media comments, i have been consistent with that. Obviously I disagree with some of his team selections and the way some players seem to be favoured over others but I'm not daft enough to know he will probably have a valid reason for everything he does.

He deserves whatever we pay him and even the methods we MIGHT use to stump up his cash doesn't bother me (% cuts), it's not ideal but probably the only way we can afford him.If he doesn't like me disagreeing with his comments then there's nothing I can do about that.

Last week we had individuals calling for the manager to be sacked, one threatened to make a banner targeted at the manager, i responded by threatening to rip it down if it was within arms length of me.That was showing my support for the manager, others chose to make no comment, schtum. Let's not forget, this forum provided the platform for those individuals to do that, the moderators allowed it. I suggest that ColDales idea to set up a meeting with the manager and myself should have been targeted at those posters not me. I'm not the one calling for his head and never have been.

If the manager or those connected to the Club have a problem with the forum and those that post then somebody needs to decide what they are going to do about it. Tell them to stop reading the FANS message board or ban the posters who don't agree with the manager over certain things.If it would bring some harmony to ColDales life or the Football Clubs i could accept a ban without even falling out with those who make the decision,it would probably save me a load of hassle. I could become the sacrificial Lamb ( I love lamb), the modern day martyr ( I love tomatoes).

I visit a lot of different football forums and this one is pretty tame compared to a lot of other Clubs so let's not pretend it's the work of the devil. We whinge about daft comments and team selections and shoddy treatment by those involved at the club, even fake weather forecasters, that's about the sum of the perceived problem that some individuals seems to have.

Its pretty obvious we don't all get on but that's the problem with forums, you end up having conversations with people who if you saw them on the terraces you would gravitate away from, or just nod your head. Not because you dislike them particularly, their personality or demeanour might just irritate you. I often find myself in plenty of space.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2015 7:55]

If the club have a problem with this board Sutty that's too bad as the name would suggest its the fans forum

I have no doubt that Hilly reads this board from time to time, but would never admit to it

Your post`s are always written with thought and you articulate your points better than most on here.

So let`s put it in layman`s terms..... F*ck um if they don't like it!!!

Bill Shankly once said once said, The great thing about football is, that its a game of opinions, and the great thing about that, is everybody`s opinions are different

We are entitled to our own opinions and are free to air them on here, and we don't need Hilly or anybody else telling us otherwise.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2015 9:47]
Hilly's View! on 09:57 - Dec 21 with 2300 viewsColDale

Hilly's View! on 21:44 - Dec 20 by TalkingSutty

Don't think so, I could hold my own with Hilly when it comes to his daft comments, a kid could do that. It's about preparation and pre-emoting the reply, I am good at that.

You can't argue with him when it comes to his managerial skills. You can question him on team selection or player position but I reckon Hilly would easily cover that and explain that some decisions are taken and are not for public consumption, a fair point.

It's all about his media comments for me and his general disdain towards the fans. A few fans voice their dissatisfaction and everybodies to blame. Some would like to turn this thread into a Sutty v Hill thread and I don't know why. I have just posted the same as a lot of supporters but one poster in particular has deemed it ok to single me out. I can print off dozens of posts in support of Hilly, I have a clear conscience. The fact I don't think he is perfect( who is) obviously upsets somebody

If it came to a head to head on his reign as Rochdale manager there would only be one winner and it wouldn't be me.

the singling you out bit was in response to your post saying that you had not problems having an audience with him, and was a genuine suggestion (not a dig) about how that could be addressed. Maybe it didn't help that wasn't the post I replied to, but realistically, no one is gonna get Hilly walking into the Dale Bar at 1:30pm.

FWIW, I think it's right that there is some sort of disconnect, and I'd agree that those comments will add to that disconnect rather than heal it. The post match Hilly is a lot more emotional than the calm considered Hilly you get on a Friday, and that in my opinion leads to a lot of the referee comments (which is totally at odds with his comments about touchline etiquette)

I don't think anyone is actually to blame for it being the way it is, it's just such an odd season given what we've had the last few years. I think you could pretty much guarantee that we'll finish this season between 11th and 15th. In many ways, it might even be better (tho I'd never want this) if we were involved in a relegation battle as at least it would feel like there was a point to the season. I can't be alone in hardly checking the tables after matches these days irrespective of the result. Arguably, the least time we had a season like this where the season seems to be all over before Xmas was under Barrow.

As for the forum, I genuinely don't think the club have an issue with it. If they do, those conversations don't take place with me.
Hilly's View! on 10:08 - Dec 21 with 2285 viewsalderleydale

Hilly's View! on 09:57 - Dec 21 by ColDale

the singling you out bit was in response to your post saying that you had not problems having an audience with him, and was a genuine suggestion (not a dig) about how that could be addressed. Maybe it didn't help that wasn't the post I replied to, but realistically, no one is gonna get Hilly walking into the Dale Bar at 1:30pm.

FWIW, I think it's right that there is some sort of disconnect, and I'd agree that those comments will add to that disconnect rather than heal it. The post match Hilly is a lot more emotional than the calm considered Hilly you get on a Friday, and that in my opinion leads to a lot of the referee comments (which is totally at odds with his comments about touchline etiquette)

I don't think anyone is actually to blame for it being the way it is, it's just such an odd season given what we've had the last few years. I think you could pretty much guarantee that we'll finish this season between 11th and 15th. In many ways, it might even be better (tho I'd never want this) if we were involved in a relegation battle as at least it would feel like there was a point to the season. I can't be alone in hardly checking the tables after matches these days irrespective of the result. Arguably, the least time we had a season like this where the season seems to be all over before Xmas was under Barrow.

As for the forum, I genuinely don't think the club have an issue with it. If they do, those conversations don't take place with me.

Would you not be better off singling out the poster who called for Hilly to be sacked??

He`s a total and utter braindead idiot, who`s only intention is to cause trouble

Sutty at least is worth reading.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2015 10:26]
Hilly's View! on 10:15 - Dec 21 with 2264 viewsdingdangblue

I'm not sure Barrow ever had us 4 points off the playoffs around Christmas. Interesting in the interview Hill admits to us struggling a bit and it being a difficult season so far - just shows you what high standards he has set - we are struggling 12th in league one.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Hilly's View! on 10:17 - Dec 21 with 2261 viewsaleanddale

Hilly's View! on 10:08 - Dec 21 by alderleydale

Would you not be better off singling out the poster who called for Hilly to be sacked??

He`s a total and utter braindead idiot, who`s only intention is to cause trouble

Sutty at least is worth reading.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2015 10:26]

Because they are not Dale fans.. No banner Saturday proved the fact they are just poor WUMs.
Hilly's View! on 10:18 - Dec 21 with 2254 viewsTalkingSutty

Hilly's View! on 09:43 - Dec 21 by alderleydale

If the club have a problem with this board Sutty that's too bad as the name would suggest its the fans forum

I have no doubt that Hilly reads this board from time to time, but would never admit to it

Your post`s are always written with thought and you articulate your points better than most on here.

So let`s put it in layman`s terms..... F*ck um if they don't like it!!!

Bill Shankly once said once said, The great thing about football is, that its a game of opinions, and the great thing about that, is everybody`s opinions are different

We are entitled to our own opinions and are free to air them on here, and we don't need Hilly or anybody else telling us otherwise.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2015 9:47]

Appreciate that, thanks. I put thought into my posts in order to make them interesting, i also try for a bit of dark humour.

We all have certain posters who grab our attention. My personal favourite is D-Alian,without wishing to embarrass him, always a reasoned poster who fights his corner.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2015 10:39]
Hilly's View! on 10:21 - Dec 21 with 2247 views442Dale

You're spot on about the post-match Hill. The surprise is that after all these years is that it hasn't been addressed by a quiet word from those at the club, and if it has why it hasn't changed much. However there is a positive opportunity in the form of the interviews later in the week when Hill could be asked about previous comments leading to them possibly being reassessed - the recent red card for example. That's something those at the club and the local media can control.

Hilly's View! on 10:25 - Dec 21 with 2243 viewsalderleydale

Hilly's View! on 10:17 - Dec 21 by aleanddale

Because they are not Dale fans.. No banner Saturday proved the fact they are just poor WUMs.

ALL THE MORE REASON TO TAKE DOWN THE FECKING POST!!!
Hilly's View! on 10:37 - Dec 21 with 2227 views442Dale

Hilly's View! on 10:18 - Dec 21 by TalkingSutty

Appreciate that, thanks. I put thought into my posts in order to make them interesting, i also try for a bit of dark humour.

We all have certain posters who grab our attention. My personal favourite is D-Alian,without wishing to embarrass him, always a reasoned poster who fights his corner.

Yeah, but does he have an issue with Plymouth wearing purple at Hartlepool?

Hilly's View! on 10:57 - Dec 21 with 2182 viewsdingdangblue

Hilly's View! on 10:21 - Dec 21 by 442Dale

You're spot on about the post-match Hill. The surprise is that after all these years is that it hasn't been addressed by a quiet word from those at the club, and if it has why it hasn't changed much. However there is a positive opportunity in the form of the interviews later in the week when Hill could be asked about previous comments leading to them possibly being reassessed - the recent red card for example. That's something those at the club and the local media can control.

I dont think he will talk about the red card comments - the lack of an appeal by the club tells you all you need to know - and having O'Sullivan absent for 3 games wont affect us in the slightest as he hasn't made any impression (other than a bad one so far). There was one horrendously late challenge on Vincenti on Saturday which should have been a red - just shows although we all condemned O'Sullivan , its down to the ref on the day.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hilly's View! on 11:24 - Dec 21 with 2149 viewsalderleydale

Hilly's View! on 10:57 - Dec 21 by dingdangblue

I dont think he will talk about the red card comments - the lack of an appeal by the club tells you all you need to know - and having O'Sullivan absent for 3 games wont affect us in the slightest as he hasn't made any impression (other than a bad one so far). There was one horrendously late challenge on Vincenti on Saturday which should have been a red - just shows although we all condemned O'Sullivan , its down to the ref on the day.

I did find it very interesting that Hilly let CB do the post match interview on Friday

And what I found even more interesting was that CB actually said that the decision to send O`Sullivan off, was in fact the correct decision.

The club didn`t put that up on You Tube did they!!!

Double standards????
Hilly's View! on 13:19 - Dec 21 with 2043 viewsBobbyjoe

Everything negative the manager says becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. I don't go out of my way to hear what he has to say (I havn't read what he said to provoke this thread, only the comments thereon), but sometimes I'll hear him on the radio, just because I happen to be listening to the radio. Everything I do hear gets my back up, and makes me less likely to attend. I doubt if I'm alone in this. When I do go it's despite rather than because of anything to do with the club's publicity-machine (or lack thereof!).

As an aside, and with regard to another branch of the entertainment industry in Rochdale, we went to the cinema the other week, and received 2 for £10 vouchers to go again, so we went again three times more, and sat in seats which would otherwise have been empty!
Hilly's View! on 13:28 - Dec 21 with 2023 viewsD_Alien

Hilly's View! on 10:18 - Dec 21 by TalkingSutty

Seriously though, I'd say there's probably only a handful of regular posters - you being one of them TS - who really say it as they see it. The majority (91.7% to be precise) are either too polite, too afraid of getting their views rubbished or have an agenda which gets in the way of being able to see a balanced view.

As you say, because you say it as you see it, sometimes you'll post in praise of what's happening at Dale and sometimes you'll post criticism - the fact you (and the handful) do both says it all, really.

I haven't got a problem (why should I?) with those in the majority who for whatever reason pull their punches or just haven't got the time to go into detail; the ones I take issue with are those who only criticise, or those who post in reply to myself in complete knee-jerk misunderstanding of where I'm coming from. There's been a few of those over the years - we attract them TS.

End of the day, the forum's not about us as individuals - who knows whether we'd get on if we met in the pub, not knowing who the other one was? I sometimes think I'd probably get on with those I have huge rows with and would want to avoid the ones I don't!!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hilly's View! on 13:31 - Dec 21 with 2014 viewsJimmyRustler

It really is heartwarming to think that I got shouted down for making some of these very points a couple of weeks ago.
Hilly's View! on 13:44 - Dec 21 with 1992 viewsD_Alien

Hilly's View! on 13:31 - Dec 21 by JimmyRustler

It really is heartwarming to think that I got shouted down for making some of these very points a couple of weeks ago.

Awww... here's a bunch for you too

Hilly's View! on 14:00 - Dec 21 with 1959 viewsJimmyRustler

Hilly's View! on 13:44 - Dec 21 by D_Alien

Awww... here's a bunch for you too

I think BigCockDave or whatever his name is swings that way so he might be a better bet..I'm into car exhausts myself
Hilly's View! on 14:05 - Dec 21 with 1949 viewsD_Alien

Hilly's View! on 14:00 - Dec 21 by JimmyRustler

I think BigCockDave or whatever his name is swings that way so he might be a better bet..I'm into car exhausts myself

Do they give you emissions?

Hilly's View! on 14:14 - Dec 21 with 1927 viewsJimmyRustler

Hilly's View! on 14:05 - Dec 21 by D_Alien

Do they give you emissions?

Very drole. I'm fuming!
Hilly's View! on 16:08 - Dec 21 with 1837 viewsTVOS1907

Hilly's View! on 13:19 - Dec 21 by Bobbyjoe

Everything negative the manager says becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. I don't go out of my way to hear what he has to say (I havn't read what he said to provoke this thread, only the comments thereon), but sometimes I'll hear him on the radio, just because I happen to be listening to the radio. Everything I do hear gets my back up, and makes me less likely to attend. I doubt if I'm alone in this. When I do go it's despite rather than because of anything to do with the club's publicity-machine (or lack thereof!).

As an aside, and with regard to another branch of the entertainment industry in Rochdale, we went to the cinema the other week, and received 2 for £10 vouchers to go again, so we went again three times more, and sat in seats which would otherwise have been empty!

What films did you go to see?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hilly's View! on 16:17 - Dec 21 with 1817 viewsBobbyjoe

Hilly's View! on 16:08 - Dec 21 by TVOS1907

What films did you go to see?

Brooklyn, four times. There was nothing else we fancied, but it was too good an offer to miss...!
Hilly's View! on 16:33 - Dec 21 with 1791 views442Dale

Hilly's View! on 16:17 - Dec 21 by Bobbyjoe

Brooklyn, four times. There was nothing else we fancied, but it was too good an offer to miss...!

That's a bit like going to Dale just to watch one player.

Ah.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024