Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hilly's View! 18:50 - Dec 19 with 24729 viewsroccydaleian

https://audioboom.com/boos/3977161-i-hope-they-help-us-establish-rather-than-des
Hilly's View! on 14:09 - Dec 20 with 2406 viewsalderleydale

Hilly's View! on 13:53 - Dec 20 by D_Alien

I think the vast majority (that's us again!) appreciate the forum and the manner in which it's moderated.

And I'm sure TS can speak for himself but I don't think he quite intended that to come out the way it did; I suspect it was made with the infamous tongue-in-cheek as in "let's blame Col for all this argy bargy!", he just missed the smiley off the end.

That's the way I interpreted Suttys comments, very tongue in cheek

Don't start to get as thin skinned as Hill for goodness sake Col
[Post edited 20 Dec 2015 14:15]
Hilly's View! on 14:13 - Dec 20 with 2396 viewsTVOS1907

I think the vast majority (that's us again!) appreciate the forum and the manner in which it's moderated.

And I'm sure TS can speak for himself but I don't think he quite intended that to come out the way it did; I suspect it was made with the infamous tongue-in-cheek as in "let's blame Col for all this argy bargy!", he just missed the smiley off the end.

That's how I read it as well.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hilly's View! on 14:15 - Dec 20 with 2391 viewsboromat

Hilly's View! on 13:30 - Dec 20 by TVOS1907

What do you mean by 'our' response? Every fan or just a small minority who are a bit louder than others.

I heard a few moans and groans in the TDS Stand, but they wouldn't have been heard on the pitch or in the dugout and they lasted less than a minute.

'The fans', 'us', 'our'; it's getting a bit tedious that all 2124 home fans who were there yesterday are being judged on the actions and words of a small, even a tiny, minority.

By 'our' I mean the crowd as a collective. Obviously it's only a percentage of the crowd but it doesn't come across like that to the players on the pitch.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Hilly's View! on 14:16 - Dec 20 with 2386 viewsColDale

Hilly's View! on 14:09 - Dec 20 by alderleydale

That's the way I interpreted Suttys comments, very tongue in cheek

Don't start to get as thin skinned as Hill for goodness sake Col
[Post edited 20 Dec 2015 14:15]

I'm now stood in the corner with the dunce's hat on
Hilly's View! on 14:22 - Dec 20 with 2362 viewsTVOS1907

Hilly's View! on 14:15 - Dec 20 by boromat

By 'our' I mean the crowd as a collective. Obviously it's only a percentage of the crowd but it doesn't come across like that to the players on the pitch.

Well it shouldn't.

It's like blaming the whole team for O'Sullivan's red card last week.

Hilly's View! on 14:23 - Dec 20 with 2359 viewsTVOS1907

Hilly's View! on 14:16 - Dec 20 by ColDale

I'm now stood in the corner with the dunce's hat on

Hope it's not the Main Stand/Sandy corner; someone will start booing you.

Hilly's View! on 14:32 - Dec 20 with 2344 viewsLondondale

Have any of the Chelsea directors or management team come out and had a go at the fans after yesterday?

Harping on about a divide between players and supporters, playing an inferior brand of football to what Hilly's "philosophy" is (in my opinion - sorry Hilly for having one and sorry, but in my opinion we HAVE been inferior to last season - why is that?) and selling players without replacing them (despite assurances to the contrary) is the reason for there being any divide - it's actually the club's fault!

The club needs to look closer to home - the director patronising us to support the players again in the bar after the game...seriously, p*ss off, we turned up to support them, always will. the players were like rats up drainpipes in leaving the "players" lounge last night.

Mr Dunphy should come out and clarify:

1. Hilly's comments
2. The "philosphy" - is it to actually reinvest? Or just take all hte money off the table into a black hole? The Dawson, Buckley, COG, Lambert money for example.
3. Status of the ground purchase - I mean FFS, how long can one deal take? And why are we always kept in the dark?
4. Whether the club will ever have ambitions of getting promoted?

Selling Done when we were playing great football and on the cusp of the play offs to a play off rival, coupled with the comments about us not being ready for the championship stank, and IMO are why people are now staying away. We've settled.
Hilly's View! on 15:11 - Dec 20 with 2295 viewspioneer

Hilly's View! on 10:31 - Dec 20 by D_Alien

It's about earning only £100k + a year instead of £1m +

Pisses them right off. Seriously. I actually think Keith Hill is pissed off because he's not earning in excess of £1m like other managers, who may be less talented than him. So he's lashing out, and we're the target. It's our fault, and he can't bear to keep it to himself any longer. Doesn't have the sense to realise no chairman in their right mind would take a chance on him pissing off their home support.

And the above is my honestly held opinion, something I've been thinking for a long time, not a knee jerk reaction to yesterday's post match diatribe.

probably along the sme lines but I think he is mad as hell that he hasnt had any interest shown in him for the recent vacancies. Other clubs directors may have realised there is no point appointing someone who thinks he is bigger than the club (and by that I mean its fans).

I think we know that the next time KH turns down an opportunity to leave Rochdale will be the first time.
Login to get fewer ads

Hilly's View! on 15:12 - Dec 20 with 2292 views1mark1

That's how I read it too-certainly hoped so, and on that basis will "like " the post.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Hilly's View! on 15:14 - Dec 20 with 2286 views442Dale

If anyone wants evidence of how that interview yesterday achieves very little and of its unnecessariness...

#5pagesandcounting

We won a football match.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hilly's View! on 15:30 - Dec 20 with 2253 views1mark1

Hilly's View! on 15:14 - Dec 20 by 442Dale

If anyone wants evidence of how that interview yesterday achieves very little and of its unnecessariness...

#5pagesandcounting

We won a football match.

Absolutely the case. Instead of talking about the positive of three points and a win, and how players performed etc, there is the negativity created by the man himself, of the manager's negative comments about the very loyal Dale fans who turned up to watch the Dale.

If his comments appear in the media and press, they will hardly inspire new people or stay away fans from attending games, instead there could of been a positive message of thanking all fans for paying their money and supporting the cause, and about the fact that Dale are within striking range of an assault on the top eight and even higher, and there are some good players to watch, etc, etc.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2015 16:54]

Hilly's View! on 16:22 - Dec 20 with 2188 viewsAussieDale

Just some thoughts on some of the comments on this bloody thread

As Matty Done's transfer is still cropping up as an issue as to how loyal supporters feel betrayed by the club board would somebody please explain what exactly the board were supposed to do. A club with an average gate about 5 times as great as ours makes a substantial bid which obviously includes a significant pay rise for the player himself. Ignoring the fact that Done probably had a release clause inserted in his contract to have returned to Rochdale in the first place does the board (a) reject the bid and hope it goes away (b) match the pay offered by the bidding club and hope that our attendance swells to pay for the significant increase in wages (c) pray that other members of the first team squad are happy that one of them has has had a pay increase and they won't chase one themselves for the good of the club (d) turn down a substantial amount of transfer money and simply hope that the need for such monies to compensate for our permanently piss poor home crowds suddenly and miraculously vanishes.
Hilly's View! on 17:09 - Dec 20 with 2117 viewsalderleydale

Hilly's View! on 16:22 - Dec 20 by AussieDale

Just some thoughts on some of the comments on this bloody thread

As Matty Done's transfer is still cropping up as an issue as to how loyal supporters feel betrayed by the club board would somebody please explain what exactly the board were supposed to do. A club with an average gate about 5 times as great as ours makes a substantial bid which obviously includes a significant pay rise for the player himself. Ignoring the fact that Done probably had a release clause inserted in his contract to have returned to Rochdale in the first place does the board (a) reject the bid and hope it goes away (b) match the pay offered by the bidding club and hope that our attendance swells to pay for the significant increase in wages (c) pray that other members of the first team squad are happy that one of them has has had a pay increase and they won't chase one themselves for the good of the club (d) turn down a substantial amount of transfer money and simply hope that the need for such monies to compensate for our permanently piss poor home crowds suddenly and miraculously vanishes.

We all know we have to sell to survive nobody is questioning that

But its the condescending way Hilly tells us that we have ready-made replacements at the club in CA and JB, it really is an insult to people`s intelligence.

Yesterday rant was totally condescending and unnecessary, and I`m actually pleasantly surprised the way most posters have stood up to Hills Bull.
Hilly's View! on 17:14 - Dec 20 with 2102 viewsboromat

Hilly's View! on 14:22 - Dec 20 by TVOS1907

Well it shouldn't.

It's like blaming the whole team for O'Sullivan's red card last week.

The difference is the ten players left on the pitch for the rest of the match reacted in a positive way.

When we went a goal down it was moans and groans from 20% and silence from the rest. We didn't perk up until the equaliser.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Hilly's View! on 17:32 - Dec 20 with 2069 viewsPDIDDY

Hilly's View! on 15:14 - Dec 20 by 442Dale

#5pagesandcounting

We won a football match.

But Keith's not happy, he says... I watched him from up close, he was laughing with his staff, chatting with colchesters manager, wry smiling at Calvin Andrews miss, looked happy to me.attention seeker? ( not me, keith)

Gissa job

Hilly's View! on 17:40 - Dec 20 with 2054 viewsTVOS1907

Hilly's View! on 17:14 - Dec 20 by boromat

The difference is the ten players left on the pitch for the rest of the match reacted in a positive way.

When we went a goal down it was moans and groans from 20% and silence from the rest. We didn't perk up until the equaliser.

How do you know 20% were moaning and groaning? It's impossible to quantify.

The reactions throughout the game were no different to at any other ground and no different to any other game in which the home team start rather tentatively and go a goal down, in particular after some rather dodgy form in recent games.

The mood of a crowd and the pattern of their support is almost always dictated by how the game pans out.

Hilly's View! on 17:45 - Dec 20 with 2041 viewsShun

How odd.

We've just had a really good win and yet still there's a feel of negativity in the air. I'm not blaming anybody in particular. It's just very odd.
Hilly's View! on 18:18 - Dec 20 with 1988 viewsnordenblue

Hilly's View! on 09:19 - Dec 20 by sweetcorn

By the same logic you should stop posting on here.

Its lovely how you feel the need to reply to nearly every single one of my post,while most of yours I(and many others) generally read and think that sad little boys not worth a response.Ill satisfy your craving for attention this time as its Christmas ginger boy.

Thanks again and much love
#vintagenordenblue
Hilly's View! on 18:23 - Dec 20 with 1972 viewsPDIDDY

Hilly's View! on 18:18 - Dec 20 by nordenblue

Its lovely how you feel the need to reply to nearly every single one of my post,while most of yours I(and many others) generally read and think that sad little boys not worth a response.Ill satisfy your craving for attention this time as its Christmas ginger boy.

Thanks again and much love
#vintagenordenblue

Gingerist pig

Gissa job

Hilly's View! on 18:36 - Dec 20 with 1944 viewsnordenblue

Hilly's View! on 18:23 - Dec 20 by PDIDDY

Gingerist pig

You could add a few other words before the pig to be honest diddy
Hilly's View! on 20:02 - Dec 20 with 1885 viewsTalkingSutty

Hilly's View! on 13:36 - Dec 20 by ColDale

>>At the end of the day the person who I really blame for the majority of this is ColDale, it's his forum so he can't complain when he gets a mixture of views and opinions. If Hilly, Garlick or whoever isn't happy with whats being posted they should speak to the Organ Grinder. Either that or anybody upsetting the manager should be banned from posting for life!!

You're making this far too personal now TS with the above post and many of the posts containing insults at those who don't share your point of view.

In 15 years plus of running the forum, I don't think at any stage there's been any posts deleted because of the content of the posts or them being overly negative. The closest there's been to anything like that was under Coleman when we had an individual close to one or two of the players leaking highly spun info from the dressing room. You'd be hard pushed to find a forum that allows such diversity in its postings and why the PM's I receive to ban users get ignored.

You are the one who made it personal mate not me, with your earlier post. Obviously you are in close contact with Colin Garlick and could manipulate a meeting for me and Hilly as you suggested, or was it a veiled threat? I will call your bluff on that one, make it happen!!

If you want to get personal with me have no doubts i will respond to you. Obviously those at the Club have a problem with this forum, you are the one who provides the platform so what are you going to do about it, ban everybody who disagrees with the manager?

I can fight my own corner and I don't need you to sort any contacts out for me, remember personal information/ details are governed by the data protection act, so act accordingly because I will be all over it if you don't.

Somebody mentioned tongue in cheek but that's obviously a concept that some individuals struggle with. Not all universities teach that!!
[Post edited 20 Dec 2015 20:34]
Hilly's View! on 20:11 - Dec 20 with 1868 viewsTalkingSutty

Hilly's View! on 14:32 - Dec 20 by Londondale

Have any of the Chelsea directors or management team come out and had a go at the fans after yesterday?

Harping on about a divide between players and supporters, playing an inferior brand of football to what Hilly's "philosophy" is (in my opinion - sorry Hilly for having one and sorry, but in my opinion we HAVE been inferior to last season - why is that?) and selling players without replacing them (despite assurances to the contrary) is the reason for there being any divide - it's actually the club's fault!

The club needs to look closer to home - the director patronising us to support the players again in the bar after the game...seriously, p*ss off, we turned up to support them, always will. the players were like rats up drainpipes in leaving the "players" lounge last night.

Mr Dunphy should come out and clarify:

1. Hilly's comments
2. The "philosphy" - is it to actually reinvest? Or just take all hte money off the table into a black hole? The Dawson, Buckley, COG, Lambert money for example.
3. Status of the ground purchase - I mean FFS, how long can one deal take? And why are we always kept in the dark?
4. Whether the club will ever have ambitions of getting promoted?

Selling Done when we were playing great football and on the cusp of the play offs to a play off rival, coupled with the comments about us not being ready for the championship stank, and IMO are why people are now staying away. We've settled.

Be careful, you could end up attending the meeting with the manager and me, ColDales going to help to organise it
[Post edited 20 Dec 2015 20:18]
Hilly's View! on 21:10 - Dec 20 with 1791 viewsalderleydale

Hilly's View! on 20:11 - Dec 20 by TalkingSutty

Be careful, you could end up attending the meeting with the manager and me, ColDales going to help to organise it
[Post edited 20 Dec 2015 20:18]

I think Sutty v Hilly would attract a bigger crowd than saw the game on Saturday

I would pay good money to see it, and think Sutty would win

TSBA!!!!
Hilly's View! on 21:24 - Dec 20 with 1750 views1mark1

Hilly's View! on 21:10 - Dec 20 by alderleydale

I think Sutty v Hilly would attract a bigger crowd than saw the game on Saturday

TSBA!!!!

Could be a very good fund raiser.

Hilly's View! on 21:44 - Dec 20 with 1688 viewsTalkingSutty

Hilly's View! on 21:10 - Dec 20 by alderleydale

TSBA!!!!

Don't think so, I could hold my own with Hilly when it comes to his daft comments, a kid could do that. It's about preparation and pre-emoting the reply, I am good at that.

You can't argue with him when it comes to his managerial skills. You can question him on team selection or player position but I reckon Hilly would easily cover that and explain that some decisions are taken and are not for public consumption, a fair point.

It's all about his media comments for me and his general disdain towards the fans. A few fans voice their dissatisfaction and everybodies to blame. Some would like to turn this thread into a Sutty v Hill thread and I don't know why. I have just posted the same as a lot of supporters but one poster in particular has deemed it ok to single me out. I can print off dozens of posts in support of Hilly, I have a clear conscience. The fact I don't think he is perfect( who is) obviously upsets somebody

If it came to a head to head on his reign as Rochdale manager there would only be one winner and it wouldn't be me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024