Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we lose today's match deliberately? 10:26 - Jan 5 with 5460 viewsJokeren1943

Consider we have played 10 matchs more then most Premier League teams all ready. Our squad is among the smallest. We have insanely many injuryed players , should Laudrup lose today's match on purpose (when you consider the matchs against Napoli, and so close we are on the bottom three)?

Lose on purpose means using, Taylor, Amat, Pozuelo, Lamah, Vázquez etc.
Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 02:58 - Jan 6 with 966 viewsDavillin

I remember having been asked several times over here why I support the Swans, always with the implication that I could follow one of the Big Time Charlies.

After reading the reaction of the Man-Me fans to our win today, and recalling the story about Moyes being told that Man-Me players do not celebrate in the dressing room after a win because they expect to win, I now know and can express it.

I'd rather be part of a struggle, with "unexpected" wins and hard-earned successes to be happy about, than to sit around pissin' and moanin' about being defeated by some team perceived unworthy to visit our hallowed ground.

I was born into a struggle and have fought in one or another all my life, so that has become a motif that I embrace.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 09:49 - Jan 6 with 884 viewsJackSomething

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 22:04 - Jan 5 by Jokeren1943

Have I ever said I did not like the victory. Read what the fuccck I write.

I say we have to be careful that we do not run out of steam too fast this season.

Last season after the victory on Wembley our batteries were flat for the last 3 months of the season.

Lets have a bit longer horisont then 7 days.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2014 22:09]

We didn't run out of steam last season. We were in no danger of relegation and having won the cup, the players seemed to go into summer holiday mode.

I didn't see this thread before the match but would like to join the majority in saying you've had a nightmare here.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 10:00 - Jan 6 with 874 viewsUxbridge

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 23:53 - Jan 5 by Jokeren1943

The last three months of the season 2012/2013 we survived having collected enough points during the winter. Well into january this time we are only 4 points from bottom three. We have both the FA, Europe League but also far more injuries then last season.

Dyer, Pablo and Michu are out for a long time. We need to priorities or we easy get into trouble.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2014 23:53]

What a depressing viewpoint. Mind you I suppose for the foreign Nufans, Premier League is all that matters. Don't see many 2nd division games on foreign telly.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 10:41 - Jan 6 with 849 viewsmarchamjack

Went to OT yesterday, expecting nothing really, came away over the moon and able to say ' I was there'. In the top 10 best Swans results since following the team in the mid '70's for me.

What the fck is wrong with people!!!!!

Why would you not want more experiences like that!!!! Drop out of the FA Cup, hope we lose to Napoli...dear God!

I couldn't give a fck what any of the hope we finish mid table in Prem for the rest of Swans supporting lives camp say...to give up on the possibility of days like yesterday and trips to Europe (I hope we win the Cup and get into the Europa League again for God's sake!) in order to survive year in year out in mid table Premiership obscurity...you need to get some perspective on your Swans following lives and your lives generally if your aim and ambition is limited by your fear of failure.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2014 11:12]

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 14:46 - Jan 6 with 808 viewsS0LID

I see what OP is saying. Swansea isn't used to this volume of games. Personally I think we need to put our focus into the premier league. We don't want to be the next Wigan.
Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 14:55 - Jan 6 with 794 viewsperchrockjack

Don't think we will although I believe Wigan will come back up this year

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 15:00 - Jan 6 with 785 viewsStarsky

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 14:46 - Jan 6 by S0LID

I see what OP is saying. Swansea isn't used to this volume of games. Personally I think we need to put our focus into the premier league. We don't want to be the next Wigan.

What you and others like you are not realising is that a confidence boosting cup win can do wonders for your league form. It was last seasons cup win at Liverpool that kick started our league form

It's just the internet, init.

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 15:31 - Jan 6 with 765 viewsC_jack

It seems that foreign fans want us to stay in the premier league at all cost, because they would lose interest otherwise.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Login to get fewer ads

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 15:55 - Jan 6 with 744 viewsDavillin

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 15:31 - Jan 6 by C_jack

It seems that foreign fans want us to stay in the premier league at all cost, because they would lose interest otherwise.

Not all "foreign fans."

It does not take a Mensa superstar to realize that staying in the Premier League brings us tons of money, which keep us out of the hands of the Vincent Tans of the world, allow us to continue to improve facilities, and allow us to continue to bring in top managers and players.

It also brings tons of money to Swansea, making a great city better.

It has nothing to do with "losing interest otherwise," except perhaps to a relative few, including many fans who are not "foreign fans." I started supporting the Swans some time in the late '90s, staying faithful through some of the worst times the club ever had, and am proud to say that I stood on the North Bank. Definitely not a "glory hound," as you imply.

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 16:02 - Jan 6 with 732 viewsJackSomething

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 15:55 - Jan 6 by Davillin

Not all "foreign fans."

It does not take a Mensa superstar to realize that staying in the Premier League brings us tons of money, which keep us out of the hands of the Vincent Tans of the world, allow us to continue to improve facilities, and allow us to continue to bring in top managers and players.

It has nothing to do with "losing interest otherwise," except perhaps to a relative few, including many fans who are not "foreign fans." I started supporting the Swans some time in the late '90s, staying faithful through some of the worst times the club ever had, and am proud to say that I stood on the North Bank. Definitely not a "glory hound," as you imply.

While you are of course technically a 'foreign fan' Dav, I don't think this post was aimed at you.

Actually, could it be that you're our first ever 'foreign fan'?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 16:06 - Jan 6 with 727 viewsViking_Jack

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 02:58 - Jan 6 by Davillin

I remember having been asked several times over here why I support the Swans, always with the implication that I could follow one of the Big Time Charlies.

After reading the reaction of the Man-Me fans to our win today, and recalling the story about Moyes being told that Man-Me players do not celebrate in the dressing room after a win because they expect to win, I now know and can express it.

I'd rather be part of a struggle, with "unexpected" wins and hard-earned successes to be happy about, than to sit around pissin' and moanin' about being defeated by some team perceived unworthy to visit our hallowed ground.

I was born into a struggle and have fought in one or another all my life, so that has become a motif that I embrace.

What a brilliant post Davillin - and count me in to the "strugglers".

Better a brief spell of honour than a long rule of shame

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 16:10 - Jan 6 with 721 viewsDavillin

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 16:02 - Jan 6 by JackSomething

While you are of course technically a 'foreign fan' Dav, I don't think this post was aimed at you.

Actually, could it be that you're our first ever 'foreign fan'?

Thanks, JS. Your kind words are appreciated. I'll take "technically a 'foreign fan'."

I didn't think it applied to me, but I just wanted to defend others who don't qualify.

Back when Gary Martin and Dai Smith had scfc.co.uk, there were several others like me -- Kathy Coffee from California, a Scandanavian fellow [first name slipped away, Matthew, I think] Neander, and Jannik Hansen who is still a faithful supporter from those times, come quickly to mind.

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 16:20 - Jan 6 with 704 viewsC_jack

Not all "foreign fans."

It was with slight tongue in cheek. More so because there is no other domestic tournament in Europe that has the grandeur of the FA Cup, hence the cultural difference in mentality towards a cup competition. Similar tournaments in very well established countries are nothing but reserve team ventures (if you think ours is in trouble, check out Germany).

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 16:39 - Jan 6 with 679 viewsDewi1jack

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 14:46 - Jan 6 by S0LID

Sounds like a fear of renewing your ST (if you have one) and watching Championship football next season.
Personally, like a lot of others, I'm just enjoying the ride and will do for as long as it lasts.
We have no God given right to be in the Prem, nor do any of the teams who regularly finish 7th or 8th and below.
When your kids have watched Swansea in the lower leagues, had never seen top league football or European football at the Vetch/ Morfa or dared believe they ever would, it's a great feeling seeing the disbelief on their faces, as these things happen (probably disbelief on mine too.)
Can't wait for my kids to say to theirs (me to my grand kids and with a bit of luck my great grand kids) "I was there."
Be positive.
Dream a little.
There's far worse things in life than having to watch the Swans in a lower league (IF THE R WORD EVER HAPPENS.)
Saying that, if watching the Swans in a lower league is the worst thing that ever happens in your life, you'll have done well.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 16:44 - Jan 6 with 671 viewsUxbridge

Not all "foreign fans."

Have to disagree with part of that. I think us being in the top flight actually puts us more at risk of dodgy foreign ownership and if we're not careful makes the finances riskier. Of course, tremendous upsides also.

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 16:57 - Jan 6 with 656 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 16:44 - Jan 6 by Uxbridge

Have to disagree with part of that. I think us being in the top flight actually puts us more at risk of dodgy foreign ownership and if we're not careful makes the finances riskier. Of course, tremendous upsides also.

Yeah Ux , that could be true in many club's circumstances who don't run their businesses well enough but we're in the black and don't own our own ground. That will put the carpetbaggers off

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 17:00 - Jan 6 with 650 viewsUxbridge

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 16:57 - Jan 6 by Brynmill_Jack

Yeah Ux , that could be true in many club's circumstances who don't run their businesses well enough but we're in the black and don't own our own ground. That will put the carpetbaggers off

I'm not convinced it would at all.

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 17:02 - Jan 6 with 647 viewsDarran

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 17:00 - Jan 6 by Uxbridge

I'm not convinced it would at all.

And me as soon as a billionaire finds out the council are skint.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 17:12 - Jan 6 with 638 viewsUxbridge

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 17:02 - Jan 6 by Darran

And me as soon as a billionaire finds out the council are skint.

Don't think the stadium asset matters a jot to your average Saudi or Qatari billionaire. Prestige and TV money much more attractive. They wouldn't care less if we were a tinpot 2nd or 3rd division club.

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 17:25 - Jan 6 with 629 viewsDarran

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 17:12 - Jan 6 by Uxbridge

Don't think the stadium asset matters a jot to your average Saudi or Qatari billionaire. Prestige and TV money much more attractive. They wouldn't care less if we were a tinpot 2nd or 3rd division club.

I was referring to Brynnies point mun,dear me.

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 17:44 - Jan 6 with 619 viewsUxbridge

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 17:25 - Jan 6 by Darran

I was referring to Brynnies point mun,dear me.

Then quote him next time you plum.

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 17:46 - Jan 6 with 615 viewsDarran

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 17:44 - Jan 6 by Uxbridge

Then quote him next time you plum.

Piss off you're not talking to Scouce now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024