Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we lose today's match deliberately? 10:26 - Jan 5 with 5461 viewsJokeren1943

Consider we have played 10 matchs more then most Premier League teams all ready. Our squad is among the smallest. We have insanely many injuryed players , should Laudrup lose today's match on purpose (when you consider the matchs against Napoli, and so close we are on the bottom three)?

Lose on purpose means using, Taylor, Amat, Pozuelo, Lamah, Vázquez etc.
Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 11:25 - Jan 5 with 975 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 11:14 - Jan 5 by PureRockFury

Christ on a f*cking bike. (that'll be a 'no'). I don't understand this attitude where people are scared of playing football matches in case something bad might happen like an injury or god forbid, we might win...It's cynicism about football taken to 'just go an find something else to do with your time' levels. Same goes for the 'please don't play Bony today' brigade.

Do we really have an 'insane' injury problem anyway?

We can put out the following team:

Tremmel, Rangel, Chico, Ash, Davies, Canas, De Guzman, Shelvey, Routledge, Lamah, Bony.

That's not far off full-strength. Dyer and Michu are weeks, not months away from return and the club will bring in players this month as well. Of course, as we still have the likes of Pozuelo, Taylor, Amat and Tiendalli available and Shelvey in particular needing a rest, he'll no doubt make a few changes, but I don't buy into this idea we need to put the kids out - we've not got another game for 7 days FFS. They're footballers, this is what they do, play football, it's not an inconvenience.

I think Shelvey may be rested. Looked knackered against Citeh

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 11:26 - Jan 5 with 972 viewsperchrockjack

NAH there are both too clever. Jobs agrees with me in general anyway.

See how threads become personal quickly.

Not nice is it.

Has Andrew answered my question anyway. Im off out now friend

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 11:27 - Jan 5 with 973 viewsexiledclaseboy

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 11:26 - Jan 5 by perchrockjack

NAH there are both too clever. Jobs agrees with me in general anyway.

See how threads become personal quickly.

Not nice is it.

Has Andrew answered my question anyway. Im off out now friend

I did indeed answer your question. Ask your nurse to show you.

Poll: Tory leader

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 11:33 - Jan 5 with 953 viewsswancity

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 11:14 - Jan 5 by PureRockFury

Christ on a f*cking bike. (that'll be a 'no'). I don't understand this attitude where people are scared of playing football matches in case something bad might happen like an injury or god forbid, we might win...It's cynicism about football taken to 'just go an find something else to do with your time' levels. Same goes for the 'please don't play Bony today' brigade.

Do we really have an 'insane' injury problem anyway?

We can put out the following team:

Tremmel, Rangel, Chico, Ash, Davies, Canas, De Guzman, Shelvey, Routledge, Lamah, Bony.

That's not far off full-strength. Dyer and Michu are weeks, not months away from return and the club will bring in players this month as well. Of course, as we still have the likes of Pozuelo, Taylor, Amat and Tiendalli available and Shelvey in particular needing a rest, he'll no doubt make a few changes, but I don't buy into this idea we need to put the kids out - we've not got another game for 7 days FFS. They're footballers, this is what they do, play football, it's not an inconvenience.

Well said and especially when that game of football is against one of the biggest powers in world football on their patch in the fa cup

Taking things for granted me thinks. It's only when we get back to playing clubs like Hartlepool that some will appreciate what's happening now, on reflection.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 11:46 - Jan 5 with 933 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 11:33 - Jan 5 by swancity

Well said and especially when that game of football is against one of the biggest powers in world football on their patch in the fa cup

Taking things for granted me thinks. It's only when we get back to playing clubs like Hartlepool that some will appreciate what's happening now, on reflection.

Correct. If we get relegated (perish the thought ) and end up in League one again there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth by those who failed to realise in just how good a time we're enjoying right now. Some people should be made to watch the Football league show just to remind them what it's like in the swamp

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 11:53 - Jan 5 with 924 viewsmonmouth

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 11:13 - Jan 5 by Darran

I wouldn't be devastated if we lost today and won next week though.

This is what's nagging at me to be honest. The probability of winning twice in two weeks at OT is probably close to zero, but I do think we have it in us to do it once. I wish the league game had come first.

But, of course we must go out and try and win both, but I think an 'upset' is more likely in the first game than the second, especially if we have to show our full hand to do it.

I'd join you, if it were theoretically negotiable, in not being absolutely gutted in swapping a defeat today for a win next week though. If we weren't in a big Europa knock out tie and had a few more points, my view would be different. It'll be interesting to see what Come on Davie Moyes makes of it. He really has to win something so may go balls out in all the cups.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 12:21 - Jan 5 with 892 viewsLord_Bony

If ever we was in a relegation battle I m sure the powers that be would take their foot off the pedal on this one and prioritise matches.

But until then we re a competitive football club and definitely should go for it no questions asked,hell we might even win why not....it s what their getting paid for innit?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 12:48 - Jan 5 with 874 viewsPureRockFury

The draw for the 4th round is at 2pm, that might affect how some feel about today's game. If the winners play Cardiff at home or a £££ fixture like Arsenal away then there may be a bit less of the 'deliberately lose' mentality. If it's Hull away or something along those lines, well...

Even the bad times were good.

Login to get fewer ads

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 12:51 - Jan 5 with 872 viewsJackfath

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 12:48 - Jan 5 by PureRockFury

The draw for the 4th round is at 2pm, that might affect how some feel about today's game. If the winners play Cardiff at home or a £££ fixture like Arsenal away then there may be a bit less of the 'deliberately lose' mentality. If it's Hull away or something along those lines, well...

I think the OP is perhaps the single most stupid thing I ever read on here. And that is saying something.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 12:52 - Jan 5 with 872 viewsNeath_Jack

Another example of Premier League fans.

This attitude stinks.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 12:53 - Jan 5 with 866 viewsJackfath

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 12:52 - Jan 5 by Neath_Jack

Another example of Premier League fans.

This attitude stinks.

Foreign johnny come lately Swans fans.

As soon as ML goes, this "fan" will be off too.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 12:56 - Jan 5 with 860 viewsNeath_Jack

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 12:53 - Jan 5 by Jackfath

Foreign johnny come lately Swans fans.

As soon as ML goes, this "fan" will be off too.

Aye, and there's plenty of "homegrown" ones around too.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 12:58 - Jan 5 with 852 viewsJackfath

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 12:56 - Jan 5 by Neath_Jack

Aye, and there's plenty of "homegrown" ones around too.

They do my tiny little head in.

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 13:09 - Jan 5 with 845 viewsGrandPrix

Whoever thinks we should loose a game or drop out of competitions on purpose may aswell give up supporting the Swans and sport in general.
Competitions are there to win and whats the point of being a football fan if it upsets you so much that you think we should pick and choose when to loose, just because you think it might benefit us in other areas.

A good cup run could boost confidence, give fringe players/youngsters a chance etc and give us, the fans, a bit more football to watch.
I thought that is the whole point in being a football fan is actually seeing our team play , not wrapped up in cotton wool. They get paid to entertain us and they cant do that if they are not running around a football pitch.

We have enough players, some might not be regulars or classed as experienced but look at Ben Davies, would he be where he is now without being thrown in?

I expect 100% effort from the boys today, and I would hope that every game they play in they feel exactly the same way. None of us should want to loose....well a majority of us anyway

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 13:46 - Jan 5 with 811 viewsJokeren1943

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 13:09 - Jan 5 by GrandPrix

Whoever thinks we should loose a game or drop out of competitions on purpose may aswell give up supporting the Swans and sport in general.
Competitions are there to win and whats the point of being a football fan if it upsets you so much that you think we should pick and choose when to loose, just because you think it might benefit us in other areas.

A good cup run could boost confidence, give fringe players/youngsters a chance etc and give us, the fans, a bit more football to watch.
I thought that is the whole point in being a football fan is actually seeing our team play , not wrapped up in cotton wool. They get paid to entertain us and they cant do that if they are not running around a football pitch.

We have enough players, some might not be regulars or classed as experienced but look at Ben Davies, would he be where he is now without being thrown in?

I expect 100% effort from the boys today, and I would hope that every game they play in they feel exactly the same way. None of us should want to loose....well a majority of us anyway

The is a discussion between idealism and realism.

The idea what you in an ideal world want and what in the real world is possible.

Swanseas squad is under intense pressure in the moment (in a tournament, this year, which only will be third after the Premier League and Europa League).

We saw Laudrup change/remove a massive amount of first squad players in Swanseas first match in the Mickey Mouse Cup.

It will make good sense if Laudrup spare some of his best players in a tournament we do not have the ressources, this season, to win.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2014 13:47]
Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 14:09 - Jan 5 with 774 viewsSwansea_Viking

NO.

We should be going out to win all our games as I think it helps breeds a winning mentality. If we give our best and we lose then I will accept that but going out with a negative attitude - Never.

The one result I do not want today is a draw. That would be the worst outcome as the one thing we do not need is extra games.

Looking at West Ham today that was embarrassing and although we are playing Man Utd, if we approach it right and win then that will give us some confidence for next week’s game so I hope we go for it today.

Come on Boys!

You Stupid Boy!

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 14:22 - Jan 5 with 760 viewsswancity

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 14:09 - Jan 5 by Swansea_Viking

NO.

We should be going out to win all our games as I think it helps breeds a winning mentality. If we give our best and we lose then I will accept that but going out with a negative attitude - Never.

The one result I do not want today is a draw. That would be the worst outcome as the one thing we do not need is extra games.

Looking at West Ham today that was embarrassing and although we are playing Man Utd, if we approach it right and win then that will give us some confidence for next week’s game so I hope we go for it today.

Come on Boys!

Not really, a draw would be a tremendous result. Get them back to the lib with a money spinner too. Only got 38 league games remember 8 less than we are used to. More games didn't cost us last season and good results increase confidence too.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 14:25 - Jan 5 with 755 viewsC_jack

We have 30 players in our first team squad. Thats nowhere near amongst the smallest squad

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 14:35 - Jan 5 with 747 viewsJackFish

Much like the Arsenal replay last season, I'm not going to be particularly devastated if we're knocked out today out as the FA Cup is essentially the third priority for us this season.

Having said that, a genuine opportunity to win at Old Trafford and another cup run would be fantastic, and the extra games would be on spare weekends until the quarters anyway. I'm sure we'll see some rotation today, Shelvey will probably be rested and we'll see Amat and Pozuelo.
Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 14:36 - Jan 5 with 747 viewsJokeren1943

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 14:09 - Jan 5 by Swansea_Viking

NO.

Come on Boys!

Why do you think every manager priorities which players he is going to use. Every big team with a much larger squad do it all the time.

Last season our squad looked burned out in the last 2-3 months. This season we play 10-15 more games with the same amount of players.

No point in winning a battle if you lose the war.
Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 14:52 - Jan 5 with 733 viewsDavillin

With all of the ManU players not in the lineup today, perhaps they are going to "not win."

Now here are three questions for you.

What if BOTH teams in a cup tie decide to "not win"?

Would you ask for your ticket price back?

Or would the comic value make it worth the price of admission?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 15:01 - Jan 5 with 714 viewsLord_Bony

That would be comedy gold.

Can you imagine both teams at the starting whistle just sitting down and say...

Nah feck it..

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 15:02 - Jan 5 with 713 viewsbermudajack

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 14:52 - Jan 5 by Davillin

With all of the ManU players not in the lineup today, perhaps they are going to "not win."

Now here are three questions for you.

What if BOTH teams in a cup tie decide to "not win"?

Would you ask for your ticket price back?

Or would the comic value make it worth the price of admission?

Why can't we go out, set up to win both games?

United have a cup semi final midweek, have unusually poor home form this season, will pick a good spinkling of youngsters mixed with experience.

There absolutely no guarantee we'll do better next week if lose today, we'll be expected to lose both games. ML would not expect to win any of these games... So we've got absolutely no pressure on us and must go for it today & next week.

Never been a better time to get two incredible results at Old Trafford...

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 15:07 - Jan 5 with 701 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Don't be so f*cking stupid.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 15:14 - Jan 5 with 688 viewsunion_jack

Should we lose today's match deliberately? on 11:15 - Jan 5 by exiledclaseboy

I don't think many would argue that if the footballing gods said to us that they could guarantee one win out of the next two games then we'd all say "next week please". But that's a whole different thing to wanting to lose today's game deliberately, or even wanting to lose it at all.

But it's the FA Cup mun and let's not forget, the Premier League isn't everything

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024