Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sweat on this season 19:11 - Dec 22 with 6649 viewsjojaca

We have a sweat on this season for relegation. We will be in relegation mix in a few games time when Chelsea and Manchester United roll us over. This season games against the big boys has been disappointing, we have been outfought and outplayed (I hate watching games when it's only a matter of time when the opposition score). I fear us if we are in relegation battle because our players have not got the mental capacity to deal with it. Our signings this year are very poor and I would like to see Ki back and send De Guzman back to Spain. De Guzman is a luxury player and we can't afford them type of players.

Watching the swans at the moment is predictable and boring. Some observations lately 1)When we seem to have the opportunity to attack at pace on the break, We seem to stop and slow it down and make a simple pass, while this gives the opposition time to get defenders back into position (could be a confidence thing).
2)When the opposition counter attack us we lose our shape and numbers and so many times this season we have been cut up. Our positional sense must be poor.
3)We only up the tempo when we are losing, when the game is evenly balanced we are one paced. Would like us to assert more pressure on the opposition especially at home. I want us to come out of the traps like a greyhound.
4) God help us if we are the mix for relegation, We are like boxer with a glass chin. I want to see more heart and desire, more blood and guts for the jersey. I get so frustrated. If was a straight shoot out with us and Cardiff, my money would be on Cardiff.

Even when you know, you never know?

Sweat on this season on 15:05 - Dec 23 with 994 viewsPhil_S

Sweat on this season on 14:56 - Dec 23 by controversial_jack

It's about current form, mate.

The current form that has seen us take 9 points from the last 7 games? 2 wins, 3 draws and 2 defeats. Enough to secure 49 points (give or take) over a 38 game season? That current form?

EDIT: Or as many form tables are based over 8 games that would read 2 wins 4 draws and 2 defeats. (47.5 points)

Or if you want to go to 10 then it is 3 wins 4 draws 3 defeats which makes 49 points again over a season.

Our form isn't bad

This post has been edited by an administrator
Sweat on this season on 15:07 - Dec 23 with 982 viewslovejuicejack

Sweat on this season on 15:05 - Dec 23 by Phil_S

The current form that has seen us take 9 points from the last 7 games? 2 wins, 3 draws and 2 defeats. Enough to secure 49 points (give or take) over a 38 game season? That current form?

EDIT: Or as many form tables are based over 8 games that would read 2 wins 4 draws and 2 defeats. (47.5 points)

Or if you want to go to 10 then it is 3 wins 4 draws 3 defeats which makes 49 points again over a season.

Our form isn't bad

And the next lottery numbers are??
Sweat on this season on 15:09 - Dec 23 with 978 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Sweat on this season on 15:05 - Dec 23 by Phil_S

Our form isn't bad

Come on Phil, facts aren't going to do any good here. A significant number of people have raised their expectations to unrealistic levels for this season and no amount of reasoned debate will budge them from their positions.

It is these unrealistic expectations, and the stubbornness with which they are held, that are the cause of their untold misery this season, and we've just got to put up with it I'm afraid.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Sweat on this season on 15:13 - Dec 23 with 964 viewsPhil_S

Sweat on this season on 15:07 - Dec 23 by lovejuicejack

And the next lottery numbers are??

Not relevant to the discussion - the form was the point in question and I pointed out what our form was over 7, 8 and 10 games which is widely seen as a good cross section of fixtures and time and then assumed we would carry that form on for the remainder of a season.

Which actually for the people that think our form is bad should give them great comfort
Sweat on this season on 15:15 - Dec 23 with 956 viewslovejuicejack

Sweat on this season on 15:13 - Dec 23 by Phil_S

Not relevant to the discussion - the form was the point in question and I pointed out what our form was over 7, 8 and 10 games which is widely seen as a good cross section of fixtures and time and then assumed we would carry that form on for the remainder of a season.

Which actually for the people that think our form is bad should give them great comfort

Ah assumed .. I see
Sweat on this season on 15:16 - Dec 23 with 959 viewsLord_Bony

Whatever happens we are not going down.
Even if we finish 15 or 16th we should be happy.as long as we stay in this league that's all that matters,we can always do better next year if it goes a bit tits up.

I think we have a less than 10% chance of being relegated!especially after the trouble the bottom three find themselves in,their fortunes are not going to spectacularly change any day soon.

So in conclusion we re midway through the season almost 11 th position we ll go down a peg or two along with some others but we ll rebound in the long run. Nothing to worry about really.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Sweat on this season on 15:16 - Dec 23 with 957 viewsblaine_scfc

Sweat on this season on 15:09 - Dec 23 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Come on Phil, facts aren't going to do any good here. A significant number of people have raised their expectations to unrealistic levels for this season and no amount of reasoned debate will budge them from their positions.

It is these unrealistic expectations, and the stubbornness with which they are held, that are the cause of their untold misery this season, and we've just got to put up with it I'm afraid.

There are no unrealistic expectations for me. Every year we stay in this league is a massive success. I have never expected top 6, not even top 10. I just give my opinion, my opinion is that this group of players will not get us 40 points in the premier league this season.
Sweat on this season on 15:28 - Dec 23 with 941 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Sweat on this season on 15:16 - Dec 23 by blaine_scfc

There are no unrealistic expectations for me. Every year we stay in this league is a massive success. I have never expected top 6, not even top 10. I just give my opinion, my opinion is that this group of players will not get us 40 points in the premier league this season.

Fair enough, I think they will. Only time will tell.

In the meantime, all we have to go on is how we've actually done so far in the games we've had, and the fact we're 11th in the table at Xmas shows we've done pretty well, in line with how we've done since we got promoted, no better, no worse (and with the extra games of the Europa to contend with as well).

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Login to get fewer ads

Sweat on this season on 15:33 - Dec 23 with 927 viewsmonmouth

Sweat on this season on 15:09 - Dec 23 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Nope...they have to put up with it. It can't be much fun.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sweat on this season on 16:33 - Dec 23 with 889 viewsPhil_S

Sweat on this season on 15:15 - Dec 23 by lovejuicejack

Ah assumed .. I see

What else can you do? You can make the sarcastic responses but actually our form is nowhere near as bad over the last 7, 8 or 10 games (more than half our games this season) then people are making out.
Sweat on this season on 17:54 - Dec 23 with 839 viewsborinifanclub

Sweat on this season on 01:26 - Dec 23 by Davillin

Almost all wrong, sorry.

We were not poor today. A fair neutral would say that it was a 50/50 seesaw battle for 90 minutes. In my opinion all three goals were mostly luck. The game winner reminded me of a game of "hit the crossbar." What percentage of attempts at that distance actually hit the crossbar? It's luck when the ball hits a 4" bar; and it's equally luck when it passes an inch under it.

We didn't control the game "for 90 minutes," but what madman expected that against a Martinez-managed team? We controlled the game in about equal measure with Everton, give or take a few minutes.

We are not even remotely in a fight to stay up. I posted elsewhere that for the next month, we will have to scramble for every point we can get, and will probably drift down the lower half, but then for the rest of the season all of the nightmare opponents will have been played for the season.

We played very well "as a unit" today. I repeat that we were playing a Martinez-managed team who play "as a unit" better than almost any other team in the league. What do you expect in that situation? It's XXI against XXI and they're trying mightily every minute to disrupt our ability to pay "as a team." That is absolutely fundamental to Everton's game.

Bony's ability as a player is not nearly so important as how he is instructed to play by the manager. Personally, I don't like how he's instructed to play, but I have to leave that to Laudrup - and I am very happy to be in a position to do so.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2013 1:29]

Fan post DAV agree with you all the way.... Bony's strength against Jagielka was awesome

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

Sweat on this season on 17:55 - Dec 23 with 838 viewsborinifanclub

Sweat on this season on 01:26 - Dec 23 by Davillin

Almost all wrong, sorry.

We were not poor today. A fair neutral would say that it was a 50/50 seesaw battle for 90 minutes. In my opinion all three goals were mostly luck. The game winner reminded me of a game of "hit the crossbar." What percentage of attempts at that distance actually hit the crossbar? It's luck when the ball hits a 4" bar; and it's equally luck when it passes an inch under it.

We didn't control the game "for 90 minutes," but what madman expected that against a Martinez-managed team? We controlled the game in about equal measure with Everton, give or take a few minutes.

We are not even remotely in a fight to stay up. I posted elsewhere that for the next month, we will have to scramble for every point we can get, and will probably drift down the lower half, but then for the rest of the season all of the nightmare opponents will have been played for the season.

We played very well "as a unit" today. I repeat that we were playing a Martinez-managed team who play "as a unit" better than almost any other team in the league. What do you expect in that situation? It's XXI against XXI and they're trying mightily every minute to disrupt our ability to pay "as a team." That is absolutely fundamental to Everton's game.

Bony's ability as a player is not nearly so important as how he is instructed to play by the manager. Personally, I don't like how he's instructed to play, but I have to leave that to Laudrup - and I am very happy to be in a position to do so.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2013 1:29]

Fab post DAV agree with you all the way.... Bony's strength against Jagielka was awesome

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

Sweat on this season on 18:12 - Dec 23 with 816 viewsborinifanclub

Sweat on this season on 16:33 - Dec 23 by Phil_S

What else can you do? You can make the sarcastic responses but actually our form is nowhere near as bad over the last 7, 8 or 10 games (more than half our games this season) then people are making out.

We have no worries Phil...some people on here need to get a life and just enjoy each game a it comes......Chelski next...didn't we win an important game there last year?

Sweat on this season on 20:47 - Dec 23 with 773 viewsNOTRAC

For goodness sake,we have had more injuries this year already, than in the last two years put together.The number of competitive games has meant we have had to use the squad system sometimes meaning that we have seen as many as seven changes in consecutive games.
I do agree however that we are going to need some class loan signings in January to cover the long term injured ....Dyer,Michu and Vorm in particular.Toughest year so far.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Sweat on this season on 15:43 - Jan 19 with 633 viewsjojaca

Sweat on this season has turned into a panic attack. Glenn Hoddle made a good point before game our full backs are to high up the pitch. Players are not covering when Rangel and Davies get caught high up pitch. I think we are better defensively with Tiendialli and Taylor(man u cup) because they are not so attack minded. Defenders primary job is to defend.

I was looking at our price a few weeks ago to get relegated at 33/1. Looks like a steal now. Lucky to get 3/1 now.

The only plus over last few weeks Bony starting to look a £12 million pound player.

Even when you know, you never know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024