Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sweat on this season 19:11 - Dec 22 with 6648 viewsjojaca

We have a sweat on this season for relegation. We will be in relegation mix in a few games time when Chelsea and Manchester United roll us over. This season games against the big boys has been disappointing, we have been outfought and outplayed (I hate watching games when it's only a matter of time when the opposition score). I fear us if we are in relegation battle because our players have not got the mental capacity to deal with it. Our signings this year are very poor and I would like to see Ki back and send De Guzman back to Spain. De Guzman is a luxury player and we can't afford them type of players.

Watching the swans at the moment is predictable and boring. Some observations lately 1)When we seem to have the opportunity to attack at pace on the break, We seem to stop and slow it down and make a simple pass, while this gives the opposition time to get defenders back into position (could be a confidence thing).
2)When the opposition counter attack us we lose our shape and numbers and so many times this season we have been cut up. Our positional sense must be poor.
3)We only up the tempo when we are losing, when the game is evenly balanced we are one paced. Would like us to assert more pressure on the opposition especially at home. I want us to come out of the traps like a greyhound.
4) God help us if we are the mix for relegation, We are like boxer with a glass chin. I want to see more heart and desire, more blood and guts for the jersey. I get so frustrated. If was a straight shoot out with us and Cardiff, my money would be on Cardiff.

Even when you know, you never know?

Sweat on this season on 01:36 - Dec 23 with 1111 viewsParlay

Why do people feel the need to react like this when someone gives an opinion.

He makes some very valid points. Dont agree with Ki or De Guzman however, Ki is the epitome of the slow ball.

We are 4 points ahead of the relegation teams with 5 VERY tough games approaching. Id be suprised if we werent in a dogfight come the new year. But on the other hand woth all the extra games im not spectacularly suprised.

I do however think we have an abundance of quality - especially if we pick up a winger (which i believe we will) in January, and more than enough to then pull away a bit after that. I think a 13-14th place finish is on the cards and thats not too bad at all.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Sweat on this season on 04:25 - Dec 23 with 1087 viewsJoeSoccerFan

I remember my first beer. I said many silly things, too.

Tomorrow morning is going to be quite painful, you'll survive. Drink plenty of water. It will help.
Sweat on this season on 08:40 - Dec 23 with 1016 viewspencoedjack

Sweat on this season on 01:36 - Dec 23 by Parlay

He makes some very valid points. Dont agree with Ki or De Guzman however, Ki is the epitome of the slow ball.

We are 4 points ahead of the relegation teams with 5 VERY tough games approaching. Id be suprised if we werent in a dogfight come the new year. But on the other hand woth all the extra games im not spectacularly suprised.

I do however think we have an abundance of quality - especially if we pick up a winger (which i believe we will) in January, and more than enough to then pull away a bit after that. I think a 13-14th place finish is on the cards and thats not too bad at all.

I've been JDG biggest fan, but am beginning to wonder if the 4 others who travel down to games with me are right and I'm wrong.

I heard yesterday Ki doesn't want to come back anyway .... Any truth in this ?
Sweat on this season on 09:09 - Dec 23 with 994 viewsVetchitBack

I agree with most of that. Possibly a bit overstated or maybe a bit braver than I'd have been.

My father who watched the game on Sky said Jamie Redknapp explained that he tipped us for top six this season but feels in many ways we've gone backwards. I hoped for top six but do feel we've gone backwards. Those who express a similar opinion on here are made to feel not just wrong but idiotic and "bad" supporters even if they respect the players as people and sportsmen. Or maybe they feel Jamie Redknapp is wrong and idiotic too?

I too find us predictable and boring. What happened to our counter attacking that we used early last season? I thought we'd thrown off the shackles of Joe Allenism but clearly not.

The tempo part is particularly true. We seem to have this big push toward the end of games and that's it. Can we not try this at every opportunity? Are we really that unfit, naturally lethargic or is it tactical?

The boxer with a glass chin comment is very apt. I don't think we'll be involved in a relegation battle as we have too much quality and a unique playing style but if we are I'll be very worried because if there is one thing we cannot do at the moment it is fight. We are too weak. Too slow.

Our players in recent seasons have worked hard to be classed as a mid-table to top half Premier League team. It would be insulting to judge them as relegation fodder happy with the odd good performance.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2013 9:33]

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Sweat on this season on 09:33 - Dec 23 with 963 viewsmonmouth

Just read the OP and nothing else on this thread as I don't want to depress myself with this futile discussion. Just to say that even accepting what I think are flawed assumptions regarding our vulnerabilities:

1. We are 7 points clear of the bottom three and have nearly played half a season (they have as many difficult games left as us...the same seemingly disastrous second 17 games would give us 14 points clearance after 34 games.

2. We played Sunderland, Palace, Fulham, West Brom off the park and WHU hardly got over the half way line. You think all af those can overtake us in half a season.

3. Under Rodgers we had 18 points after 17 games and 20 points after 19. We stayed up comfortably.

4. Not sure if any team has been relegated when 7 points clear at Christmas. maybe a very unlucky Blackpool? You don't think we're better than that Blackpool team?

So, I have to disagree. You are obviously entitled to your opinion, and the wholly unnecessary worry and fretting that comes with it. Personally, I'll just continue to enjoy yet another golden season for my brilliant, excellent club.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sweat on this season on 09:48 - Dec 23 with 946 viewsjohnlangy

This guy must be a Redbird. Surely. If not he wasn't at the game yesterday. A tremendous performance, full of guts and fight and excellent football. Also a great game to watch with two teams going all out to win which doesn't happen often at the Liberty. Everton were better overall but, because of the Swans performance I wasn't too downhearted. We'll beat many teams if we keep that level up.

Your money would be on Cardiff ? Has to be a wind up.
Sweat on this season on 09:51 - Dec 23 with 935 viewsmonmouth

Sweat on this season on 01:36 - Dec 23 by Parlay

?? 20-13 = 4?

Sweat on this season on 09:56 - Dec 23 with 930 viewswaynekerr55

Sweat on this season on 01:05 - Dec 23 by ymaohyd

Personally I thought we were poor today. People on here are misguided in a sense that because we keep possession, well that constitutes a good performance,

Part of our DNA now is our possession football - and that's great, but we created very little. We're at home yet failed to control the game.

We're in for a fight to stay up. By mid Jan we'll be in the bottom 5. As a unit we aren't working well, I'll say it now, have said it in the past and will say it again - Bony isn't a Swans player. He tries hard, holds the ball up well, but isn't for us.

please don't take this personally, but I viewd yesterday's performance as probably the most tactically disciplined we've been since chelsea in the coc semi first leg.

gary neville showed how Barry and Mccarthy drop deep and invite teams to press so they can play through, we very rarely fell for it. Tim howard pulled off some great saves and only a rush of blood from ash clattering into his own team mate for the first and naivety from jdg in not taking a yellow cost us (both worldy strikes)

I agree we've been turgid at times but if we stay disciplined and move the ball quicker we'll be fine

also it would be nice for bony to have a full game

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Sweat on this season on 09:57 - Dec 23 with 926 viewsperchrockjack

Sweat on this season on 19:18 - Dec 22 by union_jack

I'm going to say this again, let's debate it.
I think the op makes some valid points and it hurts.we are not performing like we can and I agree with him that IF we are in the mix I'm not sure who my money would be on.
That said, there are at the very least three clubs worse than us certainly at the moment. We do however need to start picking points up against the bigger clubs to lower the pressure when we play the 'should wins'.

Debate?
On here. Really.
Its clear there are many who believed we don't really fit in with this Prem League thingy and would be more at home in the Championship.
We re still getting so many posts harking back and its the future that's the issue .

We have no strikers apart from BOny and Michue /Dyer our most energetic players are crocked. We have a manager who seems to prefer the gutless JDG to the more willing Pozuelo and one who takes off Bony for VASQUEZ who really shouldn't be with us at all.

We ve got good players who clearly have gone backwards .

yeah feckoffc.ant I know

We ll probably lose the next 4/5 games and that will put us amongst the dead men. wE LL NEED PLAYERS WHO LL REALLY DIG IN.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Sweat on this season on 10:02 - Dec 23 with 917 viewslifelong

Sweat on this season on 09:33 - Dec 23 by monmouth

Just read the OP and nothing else on this thread as I don't want to depress myself with this futile discussion. Just to say that even accepting what I think are flawed assumptions regarding our vulnerabilities:

1. We are 7 points clear of the bottom three and have nearly played half a season (they have as many difficult games left as us...the same seemingly disastrous second 17 games would give us 14 points clearance after 34 games.

2. We played Sunderland, Palace, Fulham, West Brom off the park and WHU hardly got over the half way line. You think all af those can overtake us in half a season.

3. Under Rodgers we had 18 points after 17 games and 20 points after 19. We stayed up comfortably.

4. Not sure if any team has been relegated when 7 points clear at Christmas. maybe a very unlucky Blackpool? You don't think we're better than that Blackpool team?

So, I have to disagree. You are obviously entitled to your opinion, and the wholly unnecessary worry and fretting that comes with it. Personally, I'll just continue to enjoy yet another golden season for my brilliant, excellent club.

Excellent post.
Sweat on this season on 10:03 - Dec 23 with 915 viewsDarran

Sweat on this season on 09:57 - Dec 23 by perchrockjack

Debate?
On here. Really.
Its clear there are many who believed we don't really fit in with this Prem League thingy and would be more at home in the Championship.
We re still getting so many posts harking back and its the future that's the issue .

We have no strikers apart from BOny and Michue /Dyer our most energetic players are crocked. We have a manager who seems to prefer the gutless JDG to the more willing Pozuelo and one who takes off Bony for VASQUEZ who really shouldn't be with us at all.

We ve got good players who clearly have gone backwards .

yeah feckoffc.ant I know

We ll probably lose the next 4/5 games and that will put us amongst the dead men. wE LL NEED PLAYERS WHO LL REALLY DIG IN.

Well you're the one that's been harping on about relegation since August.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Sweat on this season on 10:07 - Dec 23 with 903 viewsperchrockjack

Not bothered mate about what I said or when.
It spoilt an otherwise very pleasant three days with missus alone and we watcdhed the game together .Both gutted .Is that fair?

Sweat on this season on 10:11 - Dec 23 with 893 viewsDarran

Sweat on this season on 10:07 - Dec 23 by perchrockjack

Not bothered mate about what I said or when.
It spoilt an otherwise very pleasant three days with missus alone and we watcdhed the game together .Both gutted .Is that fair?

I don't suppose you are bothered I'm just pointing out that you're saying the same thing in every post you make.
We are going down.
Laudrup doesn't wave his arms around.
You can't debate in here because people have a different opinion to me.

Have a word with yourself FFS mun.

Sweat on this season on 10:16 - Dec 23 with 889 viewsperchrockjack

wrong tense DARREN. Sorry but please don't misquote and choose text to prove a point out of context.
We certainly COULD no question. Its a hard thing to face and Im concerned.
Is is better to not be concerned or simply post what people like to read on here. Really ,its easy to post nice things on here and have legions of posters admire .

I ve had a word with myself and realised Im almost in my 64 th year on this planet.

Sweat on this season on 10:19 - Dec 23 with 881 viewsDarran

Sweat on this season on 10:16 - Dec 23 by perchrockjack

wrong tense DARREN. Sorry but please don't misquote and choose text to prove a point out of context.
We certainly COULD no question. Its a hard thing to face and Im concerned.
Is is better to not be concerned or simply post what people like to read on here. Really ,its easy to post nice things on here and have legions of posters admire .

I ve had a word with myself and realised Im almost in my 64 th year on this planet.

Yeah but the thing is Richerd you never post nice things,you've never posted a nice thing in all the time we've gone from the bottom of the fourth division to the too half of the best league in the world.

Seriously I'm not being rude or anything but can't you see that?

Sweat on this season on 10:21 - Dec 23 with 846 viewslifelong

Sweat on this season on 10:19 - Dec 23 by Darran

Yeah but the thing is Richerd you never post nice things,you've never posted a nice thing in all the time we've gone from the bottom of the fourth division to the too half of the best league in the world.

Good post Darron.
Sweat on this season on 10:23 - Dec 23 with 841 viewsDarran

Sweat on this season on 10:21 - Dec 23 by lifelong

Good post Darron.

Thank you Roja.

Sweat on this season on 10:23 - Dec 23 with 839 viewsperchrockjack

Wrong again and anyway is this Board only here to post NICE things. FFS .

Fans really do think independently. This board is nothing really and a sounding board that's all. If youre a mod that again means nothing.
Its about the club/OUR club and I want us to stay where we are .
Some are now clearly posting bullshite as Im certrain in private they are as concerned as me.

So you want me to post "nice". Correct

Sweat on this season on 10:25 - Dec 23 with 835 viewslifelong

Sweat on this season on 10:23 - Dec 23 by Darran

Thank you Roja.

Thank you Darrin, have a nice Christmas.
Sweat on this season on 10:25 - Dec 23 with 831 viewsDarran

Sweat on this season on 10:23 - Dec 23 by perchrockjack

Wrong again and anyway is this Board only here to post NICE things. FFS .

Fans really do think independently. This board is nothing really and a sounding board that's all. If youre a mod that again means nothing.
Its about the club/OUR club and I want us to stay where we are .
Some are now clearly posting bullshite as Im certrain in private they are as concerned as me.

So you want me to post "nice". Correct

No this board isn't just to post nice things im saying you've never posted nice things,ever.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Sweat on this season on 10:26 - Dec 23 with 828 viewsperchrockjack

You to Rochird

Sweat on this season on 10:31 - Dec 23 with 813 viewsraynor94

Sweat on this season on 10:19 - Dec 23 by Darran

And that post sums him up in one! i have never come across such a harbinger of doom and gloom on here

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Sweat on this season on 10:52 - Dec 23 with 796 viewsperchrockjack

You really arer so feckn predicable Raynor and as boring as they come.
Nothing to say except to slag off anyone that you dont like

Sweat on this season on 10:59 - Dec 23 with 794 viewsraynor94

Sweat on this season on 10:52 - Dec 23 by perchrockjack

You really arer so feckn predicable Raynor and as boring as they come.
Nothing to say except to slag off anyone that you dont like

No you are the predictable one! and please i didn't slag you off, i'm just agreeing with Darrans post, it sums you up perfectly, and i have no idea where you get the notion i don't like you

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Sweat on this season on 11:15 - Dec 23 with 779 viewsmonmouth

Internet stuff makes me laugh. People really think their opinion counts and that their personal spouting will have an influence over events on the pitch. Have a little think about how much difference being 'concerned' and 'miserable' on an internet forum makes to what Laudrup or the players would do. The only opinion that really counts belong to the professionals running the club.

My own view, which is worth equal and no more to any other amateur supporter, is that anyone who is 'concerned' all the time, and can't see the joy in what we are achieving and the miracle that is playing out before our very eyes is causing themselves unnecessary pain and misery.

It's unlikely to ever get much better than the last few seasons....already the marginal wonder of each game is wearing off and will probably continue to do so. That is surely the nature of repetition and familiarity and, in particular, sport. To not have enjoyed those wonderful times at all is desperately sad, and I genuinely think that there are many in our fanbase that haven't.

In my opinion, and it is just an opinion you understand (have I said that before?), to be constantly negative is a certain prescription for continual misery. Worse it will change nothing, absolutely nothing, except making your own life that little bit more unpleasant.

Merry Christmas all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024