Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Franchise fans got to get this off my chest 10:56 - Jan 18 with 7022 viewsloftboy

Firstly I can understand kids and teenagers supporting them as they know no difference but last night there were a fair few groups of 40 something's, now I can't see them being Ex Wimbledon fans do who the hell were they supporting 10 years ago and why change?
Secondly singing songs like " sit down or we'll steal your club" isn't funny and can't they see what is wrong with it.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Franchise fans got to get this off my chest on 10:57 - Jan 18 with 3861 viewsNorthernr

I was astonished at how many they brought last night, I expected 200 max. I can possibly see why people wanting to see some football on their doorstep might go to the occasional home game but why on earth would you follow that lot away?
Franchise fans got to get this off my chest on 11:10 - Jan 18 with 3801 viewsJuzzie

Franchise fans got to get this off my chest on 10:57 - Jan 18 by Northernr

I was astonished at how many they brought last night, I expected 200 max. I can possibly see why people wanting to see some football on their doorstep might go to the occasional home game but why on earth would you follow that lot away?

Was this their first competitve away game against a Premiership team? Also, they're on a real high at the moment so that'll add to the interest. Had they been down the bottom of the table and tonked week in week out then maybe they wouldn't have brought so many. But then we might not have needed a replay either.

"Over 3,000" ITV exclaimed. PMSL, it was 1,900. Still good but not exactly a difficult journey.

Franchise fans got to get this off my chest on 11:12 - Jan 18 with 3777 viewsrobith

I started openly laughing when they were singing "I'm MK till I die" last night
Franchise fans got to get this off my chest on 11:18 - Jan 18 with 3735 viewsHayesender

Talking to an MK fan at the away game, and he said there's only a handful of Wimbledon fans who stayed with them.

That handful of fans ought to be ashamed of themselves imo

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Franchise fans got to get this off my chest on 11:18 - Jan 18 with 3734 viewsbarbicanranger

Franchise fans got to get this off my chest on 11:10 - Jan 18 by Juzzie

Was this their first competitve away game against a Premiership team? Also, they're on a real high at the moment so that'll add to the interest. Had they been down the bottom of the table and tonked week in week out then maybe they wouldn't have brought so many. But then we might not have needed a replay either.

"Over 3,000" ITV exclaimed. PMSL, it was 1,900. Still good but not exactly a difficult journey.

ITV got so much wrong last night, really peeved me off. And Ian Wright banging on about the defence, FFS just to steer attention away from his son and our attack where we cant buy a goal for love nor money...
Milton Keynes Dons on 11:20 - Jan 18 with 3707 viewscoolranger

As a relatively 'new town' it follows that many people in MK have moved there from other parts of the country. I would imagine many 'MK fans' have another club, but follow the local side because it is convenient - especially now, as they are doing well and from what I saw last night they are well worth watching. I was impressed with their style of play for a League 1 side.

I also think it is high time the whole 'Dons issue' was put to bed. Milton Keynes is a sizeable town and could support a Premiership club in time. Stadiummk could potentially be a 40,000 capacity ground. Within the next 3 years they could well be a Championship side.

We have far too many 'professional clubs' in England. Many are in serious financial trouble (Darlington is the latest headline case), and I think in the next ten years we may see a restructuring of the game below Championship level.

At the time of MK Dons' emergence I think many people saw the opportunity MK offered for basing a professional football club there. They seem to be doing pretty well so far.

Finally, I would add that I wish AFC Wimbledon all the best and tip my hat to their progress. I know there was much bitterness at the time, but there is room for both clubs.
Franchise fans got to get this off my chest on 11:20 - Jan 18 with 3707 viewsJuzzie

Franchise fans got to get this off my chest on 11:18 - Jan 18 by barbicanranger

ITV got so much wrong last night, really peeved me off. And Ian Wright banging on about the defence, FFS just to steer attention away from his son and our attack where we cant buy a goal for love nor money...

.... and his son that ITV said were genetically linked

Franchise fans got to get this off my chest on 11:24 - Jan 18 with 3677 viewsbarbicanranger

Franchise fans got to get this off my chest on 11:20 - Jan 18 by Juzzie

.... and his son that ITV said were genetically linked

I know - I had just told my missus he was adopted when the commentator said that - lost all credibility.

He also said, Hughes has such great history in the FA Cup as a player having won it with Chelsea...didn't he win it 3 times with MAN U...
Login to get fewer ads

Milton Keynes Dons on 11:26 - Jan 18 with 3660 viewsHarps1609

Milton Keynes Dons on 11:20 - Jan 18 by coolranger

As a relatively 'new town' it follows that many people in MK have moved there from other parts of the country. I would imagine many 'MK fans' have another club, but follow the local side because it is convenient - especially now, as they are doing well and from what I saw last night they are well worth watching. I was impressed with their style of play for a League 1 side.

I also think it is high time the whole 'Dons issue' was put to bed. Milton Keynes is a sizeable town and could support a Premiership club in time. Stadiummk could potentially be a 40,000 capacity ground. Within the next 3 years they could well be a Championship side.

We have far too many 'professional clubs' in England. Many are in serious financial trouble (Darlington is the latest headline case), and I think in the next ten years we may see a restructuring of the game below Championship level.

At the time of MK Dons' emergence I think many people saw the opportunity MK offered for basing a professional football club there. They seem to be doing pretty well so far.

Finally, I would add that I wish AFC Wimbledon all the best and tip my hat to their progress. I know there was much bitterness at the time, but there is room for both clubs.

Well said that man, I agree with all of that!!
Milton Keynes Dons on 11:29 - Jan 18 with 3645 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The only way that there was room made for the new franchise in the first place was by killing off Wimbledon. There may be room for both clubs now, but that's only due to the hard work of the Wimbledon fans who breathed life into their club's battered body after it had been left for dead by Winkleman.

They should never been forgiven.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Franchise fans got to get this off my chest on 11:33 - Jan 18 with 3620 viewsreal_loftus

There's a bloke who takes his son to the same footy training I take my eldest to. He's ex-Wimbledon, now Milton Keynes, lives in N.Surrey. For the life of me, I cannot understand why.

ATAF.

Franchise fans got to get this off my chest on 11:35 - Jan 18 with 3608 viewsJamie

MK Mancs innit.

Go watch a game at MK and check the Utd score at HT.

'Heads up lads, Berba's got a hat-trick'
Franchise fans got to get this off my chest on 11:39 - Jan 18 with 3586 viewsJuzzie

at HT? They'll be speninding the entire game looking at their mobile phones for Man U/Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool/Man City updates rather than what's going on a few few in front of them.

Franchise fans got to get this off my chest on 11:39 - Jan 18 with 3578 viewsBlackCrowe

Have no problem with MK having it's own club and even calling it whatever they want. I do have a problem them being gifted Wimbledon's place in the league without actually earning it either through hard graft (eg AFC Wimbledon) or loaded chairman (eg Crawley Town).

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Franchise fans got to get this off my chest on 11:40 - Jan 18 with 3579 viewsHayesender

Franchise fans got to get this off my chest on 11:33 - Jan 18 by real_loftus

There's a bloke who takes his son to the same footy training I take my eldest to. He's ex-Wimbledon, now Milton Keynes, lives in N.Surrey. For the life of me, I cannot understand why.

He sounds like a c**t

Franchise fans got to get this off my chest on 11:43 - Jan 18 with 3560 viewsYorkRanger

they have no history and will never be able to create any. Even AFC Wimbledon have a history (a group of players meeting on Wimbledon Common to see if they could form a team - or however the story goes)
Franchise fans got to get this off my chest on 11:45 - Jan 18 with 3548 viewsBazWoT

Were they selling those half anf half scarves last night?

Just that when the cameras went onto their fans there were quite a few wearing QPR scarves, or so it seemed.

Perhaps it was colder than I thought.

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Franchise fans got to get this off my chest on 11:50 - Jan 18 with 3522 viewsHayesender

Franchise fans got to get this off my chest on 11:45 - Jan 18 by BazWoT

Were they selling those half anf half scarves last night?

Just that when the cameras went onto their fans there were quite a few wearing QPR scarves, or so it seemed.

Perhaps it was colder than I thought.

They were

Franchise fans got to get this off my chest on 11:51 - Jan 18 with 3518 viewsloftus77

Franchise fans got to get this off my chest on 11:39 - Jan 18 by BlackCrowe

Have no problem with MK having it's own club and even calling it whatever they want. I do have a problem them being gifted Wimbledon's place in the league without actually earning it either through hard graft (eg AFC Wimbledon) or loaded chairman (eg Crawley Town).

Seconded completely. This is the root of the whole problem - and why the whole Franchise thing is a joke - and totally wrong.
Milton Keynes Dons on 11:58 - Jan 18 with 3484 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

I agree. MK Dons are a well run progressive club and I wish them all the best. Can't get bothered with ancient grievances myself. Sad.
Franchise fans got to get this off my chest on 12:02 - Jan 18 with 3462 viewsJuzzie

"Matchday scarves" another modern ill.

I still see people wearing the Chelsea and Man U matchday scarves as if to say "oooh, look at me, I was at those games."

Why anyone would want Chelsea or Man U logos next to QPR is beyond me. I'd burn that half of the scarf if I had a lighter on me.

Milton Keynes Dons on 12:03 - Jan 18 with 3452 viewsbenbu

Finally some sense re MK dons!

Their support was fantastic last night for a league 1 club, I dont see why so many Rangers fans even give a toss about them all this 'franchise' rubbish and not proper wimbledon.... bla bla bla They played really well in the 2 games and are a club on the up and good luck to them! they attracted 19,500 for the initial match (more than our ground holds) and bought 2000 last night to ours - come on give them some credit people!
Milton Keynes Dons on 12:04 - Jan 18 with 3443 viewsbenbu

Milton Keynes Dons on 12:03 - Jan 18 by benbu

Finally some sense re MK dons!

Their support was fantastic last night for a league 1 club, I dont see why so many Rangers fans even give a toss about them all this 'franchise' rubbish and not proper wimbledon.... bla bla bla They played really well in the 2 games and are a club on the up and good luck to them! they attracted 19,500 for the initial match (more than our ground holds) and bought 2000 last night to ours - come on give them some credit people!

also you mention on here - why would 40 y/o supporters follow them away - well why not??? Who cares why they are there and why the follow them away FFS!
Franchise fans got to get this off my chest on 12:05 - Jan 18 with 3437 viewsJuzzie

"they attracted 19,500" No, they didn't. They attracted 13,500 as we had 6,000 there ourselves.

Franchise fans got to get this off my chest on 12:09 - Jan 18 with 3401 viewsDevonWhite

Fantastic support for a L1 side? I'd expect a League 1 side in an FA Cup tie away to a Premier League team to sell out straight away.

The problem with McDons is, as pointed out above, they cheated their way to the level they're at. If MK wanted a professional football club then fine, Winkleman could have invested in MK City or one of the other grassroots teams already in the city. And then pumped some money in and worked their way up the pyramid like everyone else has to.

It's a disgrace and it's alarming that many QPR fans are happy to just forget about the past and let them off the hook.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024