Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread 10:12 - Dec 15 with 55884 viewsE17hoop

We will remain unbeaten and a sound away point.

0-0

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:38 - Dec 17 with 1895 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:28 - Dec 17 by paulparker

Both were poor for the goal but as soon as Kakay came on it started panic in our defence , he has no football brain, he never looks up, takes a hack at everything and his passing and positional sense are crap , one of the worst right backs I’ve seen at Rangers in 40 odd years of going

It's the not looking up and lack of awareness that gets me. He just follows the ball every effing time. Never looks round and assesses the danger of unmarked men literally lined up on our box ready to shoot; never thinks 'if Cook loses this header, then I'll be there to get the second ball.' More than a 100 games for us!
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 19:14 - Dec 17 with 1782 viewsmart_Goblin

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 16:35 - Dec 17 by ParkRoyalR

As an ex-defender interested to hear your take on Cook's positioning for the 1st and his defending for the 2nd yesterday.

Not a great deal wrong in the main with first goal . Dunne awol and Cook and JCS moving back together and the ball get played across them so before they can change direction the guy runs onto it without breaking stride (and miss hits it). Would be more critical of Dunne and Kakay not really trying stop the cross .
Second one Cook has been pulled out of position a little but if he has been told to man mark the guy then he will go with him. It is that attacker who they are looking for but the guy gets the jump on him so maybe he could do better .

Again I would look at the 3 or 4 QPR players on their heels when the ball comes back off the post . Not one reacts and that has been a problem for a long time , our players on their heels . It’s one reason why Dykes doesn’t ever ever ever get in front of his man .

Cook and JCS are not the issue. They are decent and all defences concede goals .
I’m
Just not sure if Cook coming on and unsettling Dunne and JCS worked as up until that point Wednesday had not really threatened. Once Cook and Kakay came on (and remember Cook came for Dozzell so we took a player from midfield and invited Wednesday to attack us) we looked all over the place .

Anyway only my opinion .
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 19:15]
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 19:38 - Dec 17 with 1724 viewswesty

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:11 - Dec 17 by SK_hoops

Also scored one goal in around 1500 minutes of play.

Exactly.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 20:34 - Dec 17 with 1594 viewsWestway

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 12:31 - Dec 17 by lassel

I’m not sure Cannon wasn’t injured - very early on he got turned all ends up and was feeling his groin and doing lots of stretching and never looked that comfortable after.

Oh, I hadn't noticed that. Hope he's fit for the next match. We can't start with Kakay there if we want to get anything against Southampton.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 21:31 - Dec 17 with 1459 viewsParkRoyalR

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 19:14 - Dec 17 by mart_Goblin

Not a great deal wrong in the main with first goal . Dunne awol and Cook and JCS moving back together and the ball get played across them so before they can change direction the guy runs onto it without breaking stride (and miss hits it). Would be more critical of Dunne and Kakay not really trying stop the cross .
Second one Cook has been pulled out of position a little but if he has been told to man mark the guy then he will go with him. It is that attacker who they are looking for but the guy gets the jump on him so maybe he could do better .

Again I would look at the 3 or 4 QPR players on their heels when the ball comes back off the post . Not one reacts and that has been a problem for a long time , our players on their heels . It’s one reason why Dykes doesn’t ever ever ever get in front of his man .

Cook and JCS are not the issue. They are decent and all defences concede goals .
I’m
Just not sure if Cook coming on and unsettling Dunne and JCS worked as up until that point Wednesday had not really threatened. Once Cook and Kakay came on (and remember Cook came for Dozzell so we took a player from midfield and invited Wednesday to attack us) we looked all over the place .

Anyway only my opinion .
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 19:15]

Dykes doesn't ever ever get in front of his man!

Not sure if you've got too many of our games this season but even if you watch the highlights of the game you'd see that statement is complete nonsense.

Cook lost his man and wasn't physical enough and lost us that game, regardless of what happened when the ball came back off the post. And true to form, like most of our fans, he tried to blame Ossie Kakay.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 22:48 - Dec 17 with 1306 viewsmart_Goblin

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 21:31 - Dec 17 by ParkRoyalR

Dykes doesn't ever ever get in front of his man!

Not sure if you've got too many of our games this season but even if you watch the highlights of the game you'd see that statement is complete nonsense.

Cook lost his man and wasn't physical enough and lost us that game, regardless of what happened when the ball came back off the post. And true to form, like most of our fans, he tried to blame Ossie Kakay.

I’ve watched every game this season. And last and the season before that yadda yadda yadda .
As I say , only my opinion. I don’t agree with you but unlike you, I’m prepared to listen to differing opinions .

Did the header go in that he lost ?
No.did the guy who won the header score? No
What happened after it hit the post lost us the game but don’t let the facts get in the way of a good rant .

Anyhow good luck with the Ossie Kakay fan club

Thinking about the statement ….maybe you are right . Bit harsh on Dykes .
He gets in front of his man perhaps 5 times a season hence his huge haul of goals or even attempts on goal . Not all his fault , Chair must be a nightmare to read whether he’ll actually cross or not , but I’m sure you understand my point . Maybe
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 22:53]
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 09:44 - Dec 18 with 1025 viewsEsox_Lucius

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:38 - Dec 17 by Wegerles_Stairs

It's the not looking up and lack of awareness that gets me. He just follows the ball every effing time. Never looks round and assesses the danger of unmarked men literally lined up on our box ready to shoot; never thinks 'if Cook loses this header, then I'll be there to get the second ball.' More than a 100 games for us!

and captain of his national team too, he is that bad.

The grass is always greener.

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 11:41 - Dec 18 with 911 viewsWatford_Ranger

Kakay is ok. Obviously he’s not Cafu or he wouldn’t be a sub for the 42nd best team in the country but plenty of teams in this league will have worse second choices. Cannon is better clearly but I wouldn’t say he’s lit the place up either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024