Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread 10:12 - Dec 15 with 56242 viewsE17hoop

We will remain unbeaten and a sound away point.

0-0

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 03:34 - Dec 17 with 2361 viewsFredManRave

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:14 - Dec 16 by Dorse

Just got in. 2-1? I demand a recount!

When you say recount you really mean replay until we win?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 05:43 - Dec 17 with 2250 viewsNorthantsHoop

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 22:35 - Dec 16 by actonman

Just back and only just at the fcuking typical qpr mood !
Leaving the ground today was the most livid I have been at a match for a good while , not sure if that’s a good thing or not as I had basically given up on everything when ainsworth was in charge .
Such a stupid waste of points today as Wednesday and their fcking fans were sh!te

As a side note , have we ever played against fking Barry fking bannon where we haven’t made him look like prime pirlo!!! Did nobody think to maybe stop him running the show again ? Literally everything they do goes through him ?

My main problem with our set up away in a game like this was shoving Chair out wide left, he needs to be more central where he can get hold and create. Also both he and Willock for Sheffield Wednesday's winner failed to clear the ball by the left hand side of the box, where a cheap corner was given away and led to the goal. Still think our Championship future relies on wins at home from now on.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 07:42 - Dec 17 with 2101 viewsGus_iom

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 02:34 - Dec 17 by Midlands_Ranger

You are a different class

Last person I'd ever want to be in the trenches with

You'll probably have some smug comment to throw at this but honestly. ..fans digging out other fans CONTINUALLY is worse than getting on the players backs...low...lowest of the low among supporters

Wait for the reply with the shiiit eating grin
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 2:37]

Out of the trenches and waaay over the top
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 07:52 - Dec 17 with 2076 viewsGus_iom

Hugely disappointing result but big overreaction on here IMHO.
These are the games Marti will really learn from, it's where we are after game 46 that counts. We were dead and buried a few weeks ago, now we have a clutch of other teams in our sights.
Dozzell - I think he does a lot of the unseen work, positionally he's excellent. We were winning when he went off. At the time, I thought Cook had been brought on to nullify the additional aerial threat of Fletcher.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 08:18 - Dec 17 with 2002 viewstraininvain

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 01:29 - Dec 17 by Benny_the_Ball

Had your stream not buffered you would have seen that Dunne was one of the players at fault for the first goal. A very weak attempt to cut out a tame cross.

Dunne’s positioning for the first goal was madness bearing in mind that he’s a centre back and we’re 1-0 up away against a relegation rival with a few minutes to go. It’s just pure stupidity.

I don’t think Dunne and Kakay can be trusted to be on the pitch at the same time. Maybe one of them with an experienced defender like Cook playing alongside but both of them together is a recipe for disaster as we’ve seen time and time again.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 08:40 - Dec 17 with 1951 viewsSpaceman_P

I personally don't even think Kakay is a defender. bloke seems more like a winger and is playing in the wrong positions.

He's basically the kid at school who was okay at football but never had a position he felt comfortable in.

bloke isn't a defender.

As for Dunne, whatever injury he had to his anus last year, has really affected his brain.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 08:49 - Dec 17 with 1920 viewsQPROslo

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 21:29 - Dec 16 by Watford_Ranger

If Colback is the answer then god help us.

Sht happens. Field is in poor form but hasn’t become a bad player overnight. I’ll still die on the hill of thinking he’s a centre-half. Dozzell weak as piss again. A couple of great passes and a long range goal a season isn’t what we need from a supposedly creative midfielder.

I’d have liked to see Sinclair on the left if going to a 4-2-3-1. Think hooking him was harsh and once Smyth went off we were playing a team throwing everything forward with no pace to break.

Winning 1- 0 with Dozzell controlling the midfield with quick, simple passing. 1 - 2 after he goes off for the last 10 minutes and we go too deep with 3 CD's.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 09:02 - Dec 17 with 1881 viewsBurnleyhoop

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 20:44 - Dec 16 by Antti_Heinola

Like treble winners Man City did against Palace’s reserve side today?

City look to be playing with a level of complacency I haven’t seen for a long long time. Their best players are missing and some are playing out of position, but they should not be giving up a two goal advantage at home to a weakened Palace side.

Sheffield are not a particularly good side, but our inability to control and manage that last 15 minutes was really poor. Still, as long we learn some valuable lessons, we move on, but the frustration of potentially sitting in 19th position this morning still grates.
Login to get fewer ads

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 09:40 - Dec 17 with 1804 viewslassel

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 22:35 - Dec 16 by actonman

Just back and only just at the fcuking typical qpr mood !
Leaving the ground today was the most livid I have been at a match for a good while , not sure if that’s a good thing or not as I had basically given up on everything when ainsworth was in charge .
Such a stupid waste of points today as Wednesday and their fcking fans were sh!te

As a side note , have we ever played against fking Barry fking bannon where we haven’t made him look like prime pirlo!!! Did nobody think to maybe stop him running the show again ? Literally everything they do goes through him ?

The most depressing part about it is that Bannan never even had to leave first gear to run the show - his girdle was certainly never in danger.

We must also acknowledge that Smyth managed to rile up Bannan who swung an elbow that struck Smyth in the face. Had Smyth gone down rather than throw his arms in the air Bannan would’ve been running a bath and we’d be talking about a great win yesterday - certainly if the roles were reversed, Bannan would’ve thrown a 3.7 difficulty that would make Tom Daley teary eyed.

Once again, absolutely soft as shite this squad and with Colback missing not a cynical bone in their bodies.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 09:59 - Dec 17 with 1740 viewsWestway

Cannons needless card cost us. Marti has shown before that he'll sub those on cards at the earliest opportunity. Removing him at half time, then tinkering with the RWB position by first playing Dixon-Bonner there, and then hapless Kakay didn't help us at all second half.
Very disappointing 45 minutes.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 10:05 - Dec 17 with 1694 viewsBurnleyhoop

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 08:49 - Dec 17 by QPROslo

Winning 1- 0 with Dozzell controlling the midfield with quick, simple passing. 1 - 2 after he goes off for the last 10 minutes and we go too deep with 3 CD's.

Dozzell controlling the midfield, seriously?

Field and Dozzell were awful today, both have no idea how to make a tackle without giving away a free kick. Both picked up yellow cards for idiotic challenges and neither contribute in the final third. Possession retention non existent unless passing the ball 3 yards back in the direction it came from. Even EDB had a stinker, who has been our best midfielder this season.

Definitely one to forget and move on, but 5 points needlessly thrown away this week.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 10:43 - Dec 17 with 1567 viewsNorthernr

I know I shouldn't be surprised, but that second half was some of the thickest decision making from a group of professional athletes I've seen.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 10:56 - Dec 17 with 1545 viewsE15Hoop

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 02:34 - Dec 17 by Midlands_Ranger

You are a different class

Last person I'd ever want to be in the trenches with

You'll probably have some smug comment to throw at this but honestly. ..fans digging out other fans CONTINUALLY is worse than getting on the players backs...low...lowest of the low among supporters

Wait for the reply with the shiiit eating grin
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 2:37]

What the f*ck are you talking about??

You clearly don't know Bazza very well, if you're overreacting like this, and clearly haven't been posting much on here either, if you don't expect to be called out if you're coming out with a stupidly crass and ill-considered remark like the one you've just made.

So you believe that ANY fellow fan should be immune from criticism if he makes a remark that is clealy moronic, which is what Bazza was referring to?? We've already seen plenty of evidence to believe that the future is bright under this coach, yet all because the team folded yesterday during the last 10 minutes - a point that Cifuentes himself was especially keen to highlight - you're calling out Bazza for calling out fans who are calling for this coach's head!

I would respectfully suggest you need to take a good long look at yourself in the mirror and think about what you've written here..

Let's take your logic to its obvious conclusion shall we? Let's start defending the Rangers "fan" who caused the death of a Luton fan a couple of years ago and is just starting a sentence at His Majesty's Pleasure for that very reason. Presumably, you're saying that we should be "getting behind him", "supporting him for taking this on the chin, defending the club's honour" and other such apelike bullsh*t when the reality is that his thuglike behaviour has resulted in someone losing their life over a game of football that has now passed into history as a complete irrelevance considering the different trajectories that each club has gone on since.

Bazza is one of the "good guys" in my book, and luckily there are plenty more posters on this board of a similar persuasion. In Clive, we are very fortunate to have an administrator who is also very happy to call out bullsh*t when he sees it, and if that means digging out people like your good self who make idiotic comments like this without taking the time to understand the ramifications of them when taken to their logical conclusion, then LONG may that continue..
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 10:56 - Dec 17 with 1547 viewsWatford_Ranger

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 10:05 - Dec 17 by Burnleyhoop

Dozzell controlling the midfield, seriously?

Field and Dozzell were awful today, both have no idea how to make a tackle without giving away a free kick. Both picked up yellow cards for idiotic challenges and neither contribute in the final third. Possession retention non existent unless passing the ball 3 yards back in the direction it came from. Even EDB had a stinker, who has been our best midfielder this season.

Definitely one to forget and move on, but 5 points needlessly thrown away this week.

Dozzell can’t control his own farts.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 10:57 - Dec 17 with 1538 viewsWatford_Ranger

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 08:49 - Dec 17 by QPROslo

We didn’t control anything bar about five minutes before Field fluffed his chance and they went up the other end and scored.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 11:36 - Dec 17 with 1461 viewsHooping_Mad

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 10:56 - Dec 17 by E15Hoop

What the f*ck are you talking about??

You clearly don't know Bazza very well, if you're overreacting like this, and clearly haven't been posting much on here either, if you don't expect to be called out if you're coming out with a stupidly crass and ill-considered remark like the one you've just made.

So you believe that ANY fellow fan should be immune from criticism if he makes a remark that is clealy moronic, which is what Bazza was referring to?? We've already seen plenty of evidence to believe that the future is bright under this coach, yet all because the team folded yesterday during the last 10 minutes - a point that Cifuentes himself was especially keen to highlight - you're calling out Bazza for calling out fans who are calling for this coach's head!

I would respectfully suggest you need to take a good long look at yourself in the mirror and think about what you've written here..

Let's take your logic to its obvious conclusion shall we? Let's start defending the Rangers "fan" who caused the death of a Luton fan a couple of years ago and is just starting a sentence at His Majesty's Pleasure for that very reason. Presumably, you're saying that we should be "getting behind him", "supporting him for taking this on the chin, defending the club's honour" and other such apelike bullsh*t when the reality is that his thuglike behaviour has resulted in someone losing their life over a game of football that has now passed into history as a complete irrelevance considering the different trajectories that each club has gone on since.

Bazza is one of the "good guys" in my book, and luckily there are plenty more posters on this board of a similar persuasion. In Clive, we are very fortunate to have an administrator who is also very happy to call out bullsh*t when he sees it, and if that means digging out people like your good self who make idiotic comments like this without taking the time to understand the ramifications of them when taken to their logical conclusion, then LONG may that continue..

Fighting over the morale high ground leaves us all in the dirt.

How about let Bazza stick up for himself, especially if he is baiting on the forum.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 11:49 - Dec 17 with 1421 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 11:36 - Dec 17 by Hooping_Mad

How about let Bazza stick up for himself, especially if he is baiting on the forum.

Not baiting at all, just a flippant remark about the well trodden path a minority of supporters are heading down again.

Social media a different beast, granted, but calls for Marti to go has already happened. I posted an example yesterday but then withdrew it because what difference will it make?

As for the comments about trenches etc, the ridiculousness speaks for itself and I don’t need to defend myself.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 12:12 - Dec 17 with 1347 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 10:56 - Dec 17 by Watford_Ranger

Dozzell can’t control his own farts.

Other than 90s club comic Mr Methane, who can? Eventually they always win. Unless you have an iron-like sphincter.
I look forward to your rejoinder.

Bare bones.

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 12:18 - Dec 17 with 1326 viewsNed_Kennedys

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 09:59 - Dec 17 by Westway

Cannons needless card cost us. Marti has shown before that he'll sub those on cards at the earliest opportunity. Removing him at half time, then tinkering with the RWB position by first playing Dixon-Bonner there, and then hapless Kakay didn't help us at all second half.

We can’t keep subbing players booked in the first half of games: we need to trust those players to show the required level of intelligence and self control not to be booked again.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 12:31 - Dec 17 with 1288 viewsE15Hoop

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 11:36 - Dec 17 by Hooping_Mad

Sorry - 100% don't agree with this.

"Evil prospers when good men do nothing" as a very wise man once said, and given that sh*tty thoughts lead to sh*tty attitudes and sh*tty actions, I will resolutely defend the moral high ground and support my friends who do the same.

I would encourage you and everyone else to do the very same thing, in fact, otherwise we all get dragged down to the lowest common denominator.

You may believe that you don't have the right to do this, which possibly speaks about some kind of inferiority complex which I would encourage you to reflect on and overcome. You may also believe that you are guilty of hypocrisy by doing so - again something I would encourage you to think about and erflect where that comes from.

Am I setting myself to be judged? Possibly. Do I give a f*ck about it? No I do not, for I know whose opinion of me I care about and whose are not worth concerning myself with.

Calling Bazza's comments "baiting" is clearly moronic and, as outlined above, dangerous when taking to their obvious conclusion, I know which hill I would rather die on.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 12:31 - Dec 17 with 1282 viewslassel

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 09:59 - Dec 17 by Westway

I’m not sure Cannon wasn’t injured - very early on he got turned all ends up and was feeling his groin and doing lots of stretching and never looked that comfortable after.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 12:40 - Dec 17 with 1258 viewsNorthernr

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 12:31 - Dec 17 by lassel

I’m not sure Cannon wasn’t injured - very early on he got turned all ends up and was feeling his groin and doing lots of stretching and never looked that comfortable after.

I think this too.
Still a yellow card dumb as rocks. Not the only one either.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 12:40 - Dec 17 with 1257 viewsNorthernr

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 12:18 - Dec 17 by Ned_Kennedys

We can’t keep subbing players booked in the first half of games: we need to trust those players to show the required level of intelligence and self control not to be booked again.

If we proved one thing yesterday, it's that intelligence is in short supply among this lot.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 13:24 - Dec 17 with 1154 viewsmart_Goblin

In the cold light of day today I just think there was a lot of frustration from myself and others that we as a team , as a club always do what we did yesterday and snatch defeat from
Jaws of victory . It’s in our DNA to raise hopes and then piss on them from a great height .
It was more death by a thousand cuts than yesterday its self.

I would imagine that a lot of teams fans are like that . Probably most.

To be called hysterical (not me personally but the majority by the odd few) was just patronising at the time when it’s just emotion.
Emotion is huge in any sport , but football especially , so to suggest it’s hysterical by one or 2 felt off to me.

Today it’s not the end of the world and , although worried this bunch are going to start struggling again , I trust that MC has learned enough over the last 4 or 5 days to move forward and to also learn by his errors . He certainly made some yesterday but that doesn’t make him shit it makes him the manager of QPR . And I’m glad he is
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 13:26 - Dec 17 with 1143 viewsgazza1

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 21:29 - Dec 16 by Watford_Ranger

If Colback is the answer then god help us.

Sht happens. Field is in poor form but hasn’t become a bad player overnight. I’ll still die on the hill of thinking he’s a centre-half. Dozzell weak as piss again. A couple of great passes and a long range goal a season isn’t what we need from a supposedly creative midfielder.

I’d have liked to see Sinclair on the left if going to a 4-2-3-1. Think hooking him was harsh and once Smyth went off we were playing a team throwing everything forward with no pace to break.

Colback is playing OK and he will return to the side as soon as he is fit.....Field is an issue currently, he is not playing anywhere near the level he was last season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024