Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy with this from the manager ? 17:39 - Sep 2 with 7857 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60803/oh-dear-michael-yo

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Happy with this from the manager ? on 22:18 - Sep 3 with 1299 viewsReslovenSwan1

Happy with this from the manager ? on 18:03 - Sep 3 by onehunglow

They won’t
They are well financed,supported by more loyal fans and have billionaire owners
We can only dream.
We blew it

Swansea got relegated as was inevitable. Potter managed his transfer budget very poorly and did not get close to returning the team when it was easiest. It was inevitable because Swansea do not have billionaire owners. Everton have billionaire owners too but were careless when they though that finances and spending were enough.

Swansea owners were excellent because they allowed for this creating good infrastructure and academy such that the team would be competitive in the Championship .

Wise sage since Toshack era

Happy with this from the manager ? on 22:21 - Sep 3 with 1296 viewsonehunglow

Happy with this from the manager ? on 22:18 - Sep 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea got relegated as was inevitable. Potter managed his transfer budget very poorly and did not get close to returning the team when it was easiest. It was inevitable because Swansea do not have billionaire owners. Everton have billionaire owners too but were careless when they though that finances and spending were enough.

Swansea owners were excellent because they allowed for this creating good infrastructure and academy such that the team would be competitive in the Championship .

No,it was not inevitable at all.
Players downed tools.
Owners lost focus

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Happy with this from the manager ? on 22:32 - Sep 3 with 1272 viewsReslovenSwan1

Happy with this from the manager ? on 22:21 - Sep 3 by onehunglow

No,it was not inevitable at all.
Players downed tools.
Owners lost focus

The great Swansea players got old and were not properly replaced. Williams, Monk, Britton Taylor Rangel Dyer Routledge.

No team out of the top six and Everton have avoided relegation from the Premier league. The time is probably up for Everton. Swansea could not defy the odds for ever especially buy changing managers less than every two years.

I believe Guidolin was close to the perfect fit. Too old to go elsewhere to good to fail. He could have stayed for 3-4 seasons.

Happy with this from the manager ? on 00:33 - Sep 4 with 1240 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

This is what a derby means.......

https://firsttimefinish.co.uk/2020/09/15/carlo-mazzone-and-the-lombardia-derby-o

RIP Carlo Mazzone.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Happy with this from the manager ? on 05:35 - Sep 4 with 1198 viewsjack247

Happy with this from the manager ? on 22:07 - Sep 3 by onehunglow

The last decade has seen us unravel

The latter part of it, yes.

Back to the point, we’ve seen things most of our traditional contemporaries never have and probably will. I’m grateful for that. I don’t complain because we’re not in the PL anymore. Not many do.
Happy with this from the manager ? on 09:24 - Sep 4 with 1096 viewsonehunglow

Happy with this from the manager ? on 05:35 - Sep 4 by jack247

The latter part of it, yes.

Back to the point, we’ve seen things most of our traditional contemporaries never have and probably will. I’m grateful for that. I don’t complain because we’re not in the PL anymore. Not many do.

Morning.
I’ve not gotten over it
I admit as much

Happy with this from the manager ? on 22:59 - Sep 4 with 999 viewscadleigh

Keith - when did he say this and did you hear it? It’s not in the clip of his post-match interview on the OS and there seems to be some confusion about where this has come from. Grateful for your clarification - presumably he said it off camera?

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Happy with this from the manager ? on 06:41 - Sep 5 with 961 viewsKeithHaynes

Happy with this from the manager ? on 22:59 - Sep 4 by cadleigh

Keith - when did he say this and did you hear it? It’s not in the clip of his post-match interview on the OS and there seems to be some confusion about where this has come from. Grateful for your clarification - presumably he said it off camera?

The quotes are word for word from his post match interview which Liam attended plus is quoted by Phil Blanche. The club have cut that part of it out for obvious reasons. It wasn’t said off camera.

In fact it was on YouTube, not sure if it still is.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Login to get fewer ads

Happy with this from the manager ? on 07:36 - Sep 5 with 914 viewscadleigh

Happy with this from the manager ? on 06:41 - Sep 5 by KeithHaynes

The quotes are word for word from his post match interview which Liam attended plus is quoted by Phil Blanche. The club have cut that part of it out for obvious reasons. It wasn’t said off camera.

In fact it was on YouTube, not sure if it still is.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Thanks Keith. And was it in answer to a question? If he said it off the cuff, with no prompting, that’s obviously very different from saying it in response to a leading question.

Happy with this from the manager ? on 08:42 - Sep 5 with 870 viewsheatwave

If we had 10-12pts in the bank sitting 5th-6th.
I think his answer could be accepted by most.
However we are not and his reply is at best naive.
Happy with this from the manager ? on 11:43 - Sep 5 with 802 viewsKeithHaynes

Happy with this from the manager ? on 07:36 - Sep 5 by cadleigh

Thanks Keith. And was it in answer to a question? If he said it off the cuff, with no prompting, that’s obviously very different from saying it in response to a leading question.

He wasn’t prompted he offered this completely within another context. Which is my concern.

Happy with this from the manager ? on 12:22 - Sep 5 with 774 viewsonehunglow

Happy with this from the manager ? on 11:43 - Sep 5 by KeithHaynes

He wasn’t prompted he offered this completely within another context. Which is my concern.

Keith
He might be playing it down and the expectations that go with it but only public ally
He will have our lads well up for this
Hopefully

Happy with this from the manager ? on 12:56 - Sep 5 with 760 viewsKeithHaynes

Happy with this from the manager ? on 12:22 - Sep 5 by onehunglow

Keith
He might be playing it down and the expectations that go with it but only public ally
He will have our lads well up for this
Hopefully

It shouldn’t even be a discussion.

Happy with this from the manager ? on 14:02 - Sep 5 with 734 viewsonehunglow

Happy with this from the manager ? on 12:56 - Sep 5 by KeithHaynes

It shouldn’t even be a discussion.

But it is

Happy with this from the manager ? on 14:16 - Sep 5 with 724 viewsKeithHaynes

Happy with this from the manager ? on 14:02 - Sep 5 by onehunglow

But it is

And why ?

Happy with this from the manager ? on 14:18 - Sep 5 with 720 viewsReslovenSwan1

Happy with this from the manager ? on 09:24 - Sep 4 by onehunglow

Morning.
I’ve not gotten over it
I admit as much

I suspect you have quite long teeth and of a 'certain vintage'. It is therefore somewhat surprising you do not appear to have a 'perspective'. In my case Swansea were predominantly lower league battlers and not very good ones run by some suspect characters at times .

There were hope of a Robbie James or a Curtis. I loved the flying postman John williams amd Mamadou Sidibe who was a beast t league 2. (his son is a prospect in stoke's academy).

Of my time on this planet only 9 seasons were spent in the top level. It was fighting against the tide throughout. It was over achieving against the natural forces of gravity. Swansea was never an established PL team.

When Swansea under Monk cashed in on Pablo Hernandez ad replaced with FracK Tabanou things were always going to be tough. Swansea do badly with managers who leave things to the club. Monk, Clement Guidolin. Swansea managers must drive recruitment. I think Duff will do OK. He knows what he wants and I think would be prepared to say "no thanks I do not want this player".

Happy with this from the manager ? on 15:04 - Sep 5 with 697 viewsonehunglow

Happy with this from the manager ? on 14:18 - Sep 5 by ReslovenSwan1

I suspect you have quite long teeth and of a 'certain vintage'. It is therefore somewhat surprising you do not appear to have a 'perspective'. In my case Swansea were predominantly lower league battlers and not very good ones run by some suspect characters at times .

There were hope of a Robbie James or a Curtis. I loved the flying postman John williams amd Mamadou Sidibe who was a beast t league 2. (his son is a prospect in stoke's academy).

Of my time on this planet only 9 seasons were spent in the top level. It was fighting against the tide throughout. It was over achieving against the natural forces of gravity. Swansea was never an established PL team.

When Swansea under Monk cashed in on Pablo Hernandez ad replaced with FracK Tabanou things were always going to be tough. Swansea do badly with managers who leave things to the club. Monk, Clement Guidolin. Swansea managers must drive recruitment. I think Duff will do OK. He knows what he wants and I think would be prepared to say "no thanks I do not want this player".

You don’t know me .
You never will.
I prove my fan credtials to nobody at all.
No fan should let perspective overulecthe passion,the joys,the tragedies., the utter boredom of it all.

Never assume anything of anyone on a fans forum.

Happy with this from the manager ? on 15:28 - Sep 5 with 677 viewscadleigh

Happy with this from the manager ? on 11:43 - Sep 5 by KeithHaynes

Thanks Keith

Happy with this from the manager ? on 18:42 - Sep 5 with 613 viewsReslovenSwan1

Happy with this from the manager ? on 15:04 - Sep 5 by onehunglow

You don’t know me .
You never will.
I prove my fan credtials to nobody at all.
No fan should let perspective overulecthe passion,the joys,the tragedies., the utter boredom of it all.

Never assume anything of anyone on a fans forum.

I know you are probably over 40 and therefore seen the highs and mostly lows of Swansea city. Some whipper snappers moaning these days think Swansea football started in 2011.

Happy with this from the manager ? on 19:38 - Sep 5 with 588 viewsonehunglow

Happy with this from the manager ? on 18:42 - Sep 5 by ReslovenSwan1

I know you are probably over 40 and therefore seen the highs and mostly lows of Swansea city. Some whipper snappers moaning these days think Swansea football started in 2011.

Over 40!
Probably
I remember us when Tim Kiley got the bus to the Vetch .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024