Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy with this from the manager ? 17:39 - Sep 2 with 7856 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60803/oh-dear-michael-yo

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Happy with this from the manager ? on 19:07 - Sep 2 with 1851 viewsBillyChong

Silly from Duff. A derby single or double can buy a manager a lot of time with the fans. It’s in his interest to get everyone fired up for it.

Monk got everyone fired up for his first game as a manager (the derby) knowing it was in his favour. Martin got away with a lot for his derby wins.
Happy with this from the manager ? on 19:08 - Sep 2 with 1850 viewsKeithHaynes

Happy with this from the manager ? on 19:03 - Sep 2 by onehunglow

Keith.
They seem rock solid and li k ha# little part in their success
They Re tearing Newcastle to shreds.
Remember them playing home matches at the Priestfield stadium .
It hurts ,fr@nkly.

They have even turned an average player in Billy Gilmour in to something special. Maybe it’s the cockles near the beach ?

Happy with this from the manager ? on 19:10 - Sep 2 with 1850 viewsswan65split

Put on the spot after a dour display , probably may regret saying that now, but with all those in and 2 weeks before the derby, if we lose and there's little improvement the pressures on ,

today was WTF day all round, performance play, and subs.
Happy with this from the manager ? on 19:11 - Sep 2 with 1850 viewsWhiterockin

Happy with this from the manager ? on 19:00 - Sep 2 by KeithHaynes

I think the ‘luck’ could run out at some point. Brighton are now where the Swans were after we won the league cup. In Europe and dominating some of the best in the premier league. Believe it or not we actually did that.

I know …

I think Brighton are in a lot stronger position than we were. They have a conveyor belt of sales at a high value. They qualified for Europe through a league position which in my opinion is harder to do. This is not taking anything away from our achievements. The big test for Brighton this season will be Thursday/Sunday games and squad rotation, who knows how it will turn out.
Happy with this from the manager ? on 19:15 - Sep 2 with 1822 viewsKeithHaynes

Happy with this from the manager ? on 19:11 - Sep 2 by Whiterockin

I think Brighton are in a lot stronger position than we were. They have a conveyor belt of sales at a high value. They qualified for Europe through a league position which in my opinion is harder to do. This is not taking anything away from our achievements. The big test for Brighton this season will be Thursday/Sunday games and squad rotation, who knows how it will turn out.

I’m more referring to on the pitch mate, back ten years ago the premier league was a different ‘landscape’ to quote one Simon Jordan. Off the pitch now is a completely different ball game.

Happy with this from the manager ? on 21:08 - Sep 2 with 1667 viewsReslovenSwan1

I believe Duff will turn things around. It is a matter of philosophy and graft. He has almost a new squad to deal with and has quality players and leaders.

With regard to the likes of Brighton, Brentford the "doing thing right" teams they cannot afford to slip up. If Frank left Brighton for example.

Every season 3 are relegated out of 20 teams an six cannot really get relegated due to of the scale financial muscle. This means 3 out of 14 or 21% lost every season. Brighton Brentford West Ham are vulnerable simply by the law of averages. Injuries, self harm (Toney) or just bad signings will cost.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2023 21:44]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Happy with this from the manager ? on 21:20 - Sep 2 with 1661 viewsSuperjan

Happy with this from the manager ? on 18:35 - Sep 2 by onehunglow

I want Duff to do well.it’s just now,it’s hard to see.
He s rather insipid in interviews
He needs a course in PR.

Russ had PR nailed …😂
Happy with this from the manager ? on 23:00 - Sep 2 with 1532 viewsonehunglow

Happy with this from the manager ? on 21:08 - Sep 2 by ReslovenSwan1

I believe Duff will turn things around. It is a matter of philosophy and graft. He has almost a new squad to deal with and has quality players and leaders.

With regard to the likes of Brighton, Brentford the "doing thing right" teams they cannot afford to slip up. If Frank left Brighton for example.

Every season 3 are relegated out of 20 teams an six cannot really get relegated due to of the scale financial muscle. This means 3 out of 14 or 21% lost every season. Brighton Brentford West Ham are vulnerable simply by the law of averages. Injuries, self harm (Toney) or just bad signings will cost.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2023 21:44]

You hope

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Happy with this from the manager ? on 09:12 - Sep 3 with 1365 viewsonehunglow

Happy with this from the manager ? on 18:22 - Sep 2 by Chippy69

Must be great being so level headed, just let people vent there spleen FFS

Not allowed .
It’s all about looking good.
We are all worried or peeeeed off
Some say so,some don’t

Happy with this from the manager ? on 09:18 - Sep 3 with 1357 viewsFireboy2

Happy with this from the manager ? on 18:22 - Sep 2 by Chippy69

Must be great being so level headed, just let people vent there spleen FFS

You want to see me at games, i can tell you I am not level headed.

I have a rule set in place made about 10 years ago, 5 mins after the full time whistle I calm down and forget what has got on, it works wonders, I can talk about the game with a level headed view not with my heart.

If duff hasn't sorted out our problems in 2 months I will be asking questions but I won't be venting my spleen because believe me it doesn't do you any good.
Happy with this from the manager ? on 09:23 - Sep 3 with 1332 viewsonehunglow

Nothing is worse than hiding anger and frustration.
There has to be an outlet
Spleens don’t have to be vented

Happy with this from the manager ? on 11:32 - Sep 3 with 1242 viewsunion_jack

Happy with this from the manager ? on 09:23 - Sep 3 by onehunglow

Nothing is worse than hiding anger and frustration.
There has to be an outlet
Spleens don’t have to be vented

Everyone deals with things differently and and long may it be so. There’s no right or wrong.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Happy with this from the manager ? on 11:35 - Sep 3 with 1238 viewsFireboy2

Happy with this from the manager ? on 11:32 - Sep 3 by union_jack

Everyone deals with things differently and and long may it be so. There’s no right or wrong.

They do UJ but I feel for some of the highly strung, I was one of them a few years ago, it isn't good for your health.
Happy with this from the manager ? on 11:37 - Sep 3 with 1232 viewsonehunglow

Happy with this from the manager ? on 11:32 - Sep 3 by union_jack

Ab. So. Lute. Lee.

When I played squash competitively for no more than free beer I was inclined to Chuck things around .
I believe New Brighton rugby club still bear the scars on the walls of Court 8.

I don’t like the Swans being beaten ,ever ,by anyone .

I think we should all overreact and let the coaches and players be objective after they’ve smashed something up.

Happy with this from the manager ? on 11:39 - Sep 3 with 1233 viewsunion_jack

Happy with this from the manager ? on 11:35 - Sep 3 by Fireboy2

They do UJ but I feel for some of the highly strung, I was one of them a few years ago, it isn't good for your health.

You’re probably right but football is so bloody emotional it’s hard not to let fly sometimes. I’m far more relaxed nowadays but I was extremely peed off yesterday reading the updates on this site.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Happy with this from the manager ? on 11:50 - Sep 3 with 1218 viewsFireboy2

Happy with this from the manager ? on 11:39 - Sep 3 by union_jack

You’re probably right but football is so bloody emotional it’s hard not to let fly sometimes. I’m far more relaxed nowadays but I was extremely peed off yesterday reading the updates on this site.

Same here mate but there is feck all you can do about it, it only makes you ill.

Got to have things to look forward to, like a wales away trip to Latvia 😁👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

And some people think the swans are sh!t 🤣
Happy with this from the manager ? on 14:31 - Sep 3 with 1124 viewsReslovenSwan1

Happy with this from the manager ? on 19:04 - Sep 2 by JACKMANANDBOY

Not sure that Tony Bloom (billionaire) will cash in.

Brighton will get relegated within 5-7 years. It is almost certain.

He would be wise to recover his investments, at least in part, before that happens. ALL teams outside the super giants get relegated. Some drop and do not come back. Other bounce repeatedly. WBA have transitioned to not returning from a bounce team.

West Ham have kept out of trouble since the Olympic taxpayer gift. Burnley are up and down. Everton have hit the skids.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2023 17:23]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Happy with this from the manager ? on 18:03 - Sep 3 with 992 viewsonehunglow

Happy with this from the manager ? on 14:31 - Sep 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Brighton will get relegated within 5-7 years. It is almost certain.

He would be wise to recover his investments, at least in part, before that happens. ALL teams outside the super giants get relegated. Some drop and do not come back. Other bounce repeatedly. WBA have transitioned to not returning from a bounce team.

West Ham have kept out of trouble since the Olympic taxpayer gift. Burnley are up and down. Everton have hit the skids.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2023 17:23]

They won’t
They are well financed,supported by more loyal fans and have billionaire owners
We can only dream.
We blew it

Happy with this from the manager ? on 18:17 - Sep 3 with 969 viewsKeithHaynes

Happy with this from the manager ? on 18:03 - Sep 3 by onehunglow

They won’t
We can only dream.
We blew it

That’s it then, may as well not bother.

Happy with this from the manager ? on 18:18 - Sep 3 with 966 viewsjack247

Happy with this from the manager ? on 18:03 - Sep 3 by onehunglow

They won’t
We can only dream.
We blew it

Instead of looking enviously at the Brightons and the Bournemouths who are propped up by billionaires. Or the Lutons and Blackpools who go up then disappear back into comparative obscurity, why not look at the Bristol Citys, the Plymouths and the Gillinghams? Teams we considered peers for years and never got what we were lucky enough to experience. Twice for some of our older fans.

I vividly remember watching Swindon Town in the PL 20 odd years ago and thinking what I wouldn’t give for the Swans to have just one season up there.
Happy with this from the manager ? on 19:26 - Sep 3 with 909 viewsonehunglow

Happy with this from the manager ? on 18:18 - Sep 3 by jack247

Instead of looking enviously at the Brightons and the Bournemouths who are propped up by billionaires. Or the Lutons and Blackpools who go up then disappear back into comparative obscurity, why not look at the Bristol Citys, the Plymouths and the Gillinghams? Teams we considered peers for years and never got what we were lucky enough to experience. Twice for some of our older fans.

I vividly remember watching Swindon Town in the PL 20 odd years ago and thinking what I wouldn’t give for the Swans to have just one season up there.

Instead of looking for those who have fallen,think of those who haven’t
Envious not,just raising a tricky issue
It always upsets

Happy with this from the manager ? on 19:32 - Sep 3 with 906 viewsjack247

Happy with this from the manager ? on 19:26 - Sep 3 by onehunglow

Instead of looking for those who have fallen,think of those who haven’t
Envious not,just raising a tricky issue
It always upsets

Who hasn’t?

Comparable size to us and not heavily subsidised.

Edit. I may have missed one or two, but I can only think of Brentford who are our sort of size who got there and stayed there without big investment.

Them aside, we’ve done better over the last decad or so than any other club we can be reasonably compared with
[Post edited 3 Sep 2023 20:28]
Happy with this from the manager ? on 21:09 - Sep 3 with 847 viewsTreforys_Jack

Happy with this from the manager ? on 18:18 - Sep 3 by jack247

Cracking post fairplay
Happy with this from the manager ? on 21:18 - Sep 3 with 842 viewsmajorraglan

Happy with this from the manager ? on 18:28 - Sep 2 by Whiterockin

Can you see any progress at the moment. All I can see is a manager not getting the best out of his players and being continually out thought by opposing mangers. To say the Cardiff game is just another game is foolish at best. Yes he needs time but he is not helping himself. We normally employ decent managers and they move on to better jobs, the clue may be in the name for this one, has our luck run out.

He’ll know what’s at stake as will the players, but I think he’s said that to try and take some of the pressure off the players. It’s clear they’re not playing well and if confidence is low the last thing they’ll need is the additional pressure and expectation of a derby especially after winning a double double.
Happy with this from the manager ? on 22:07 - Sep 3 with 804 viewsonehunglow

Happy with this from the manager ? on 19:32 - Sep 3 by jack247

Who hasn’t?

Comparable size to us and not heavily subsidised.

Edit. I may have missed one or two, but I can only think of Brentford who are our sort of size who got there and stayed there without big investment.

Them aside, we’ve done better over the last decad or so than any other club we can be reasonably compared with
[Post edited 3 Sep 2023 20:28]

The last decade has seen us unravel

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024