Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Midd'gh match thread. 20:50 - Sep 1 with 54415 viewsqpr_1968

leaving double early for this one......

can see another 3 points on the table..

2-1 to the r's....chair on the score sheet.

have a good safe day everyone else who's going.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Midd'gh match thread. on 17:11 - Sep 2 with 3258 viewsjohnhoop

Midd'gh match thread. on 17:08 - Sep 2 by E17hoop

Dozzell for me. Great goal, pressing well higher up the pitch, always in the way and a goal saving tackle in the 2nd half.

The fact it could be Dozzell, Smyth, Begovic, Cook is brillaint - loads of great performances.

And aside from all of those, what a signing Colback has turned out to be for us!
Midd'gh match thread. on 17:11 - Sep 2 with 3256 viewslightwaterhoop

Midd'gh match thread. on 17:04 - Sep 2 by traininvain

Nothing beats a win and a clean sheet. Well played Gareth and the boys.

An away win at that!
Midd'gh match thread. on 17:11 - Sep 2 with 3254 viewsDeanoMD

Great performance all round.

It's been coming, really happy for the team and coaches.
Midd'gh match thread. on 17:12 - Sep 2 with 3233 viewsdmm

Absolutely delighted with this win. And, North Battersea lost. Oh glory.
Midd'gh match thread. on 17:12 - Sep 2 with 3193 viewsMedwayR

Every player did their bit today, super performance, even the subs did their bit. Yes, we rode our luck at times but we took our opportunities. I won't get carried away though, we only beat the team bottom of the table.

Poll: Who’s better?

Midd'gh match thread. on 17:14 - Sep 2 with 3127 viewsterryb

Well done my team. What a night our travelling support have in front of them! Fully deserved celebrations for management, players & fans.

How did Clarke-Salter perform? We will need him to stay injury free for a few weeks, but centre half has stopped being one of our problems.

100% win record in September!
Midd'gh match thread. on 17:14 - Sep 2 with 3109 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Midd'gh match thread. on 16:53 - Sep 2 by FredManRave

JCS playing his part at this stage of the game.

Well played Dozzell. MOM?!

Has Clive ever awarded Dozzell MOM or any marks above a 6 since he came to us.
He is the invisible ghost no more and I am happy to say I doubted him and was wrong.His goal will beat any goal in world football this weekend I bet plus his work rate and fight superb .
Still think our keeper was the MOM but its does not really matter the golden 3 points are the prize and big momentum finally
Midd'gh match thread. on 17:14 - Sep 2 with 3097 viewsQPRSteve

Dozzle MOM but loads of great performances. This side seems to get better with every game. If we can just avoid injuries to key players then it just might be a surprising season.
Login to get fewer ads

Midd'gh match thread. on 17:14 - Sep 2 with 3098 viewsPinnerR

Midd'gh match thread. on 17:09 - Sep 2 by CLAREMAN1995

Brian is the man through thick and thin
Is this Pinner Paul are you back and better than ever ?

Not Pinner Paul. I should have changed my name, I left Pinner 11 years ago!
Midd'gh match thread. on 17:15 - Sep 2 with 3046 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Made me laugh!
Midd'gh match thread. on 17:15 - Sep 2 with 3032 viewsBluce_Ree

Midd'gh match thread. on 17:14 - Sep 2 by PinnerR

Not Pinner Paul. I should have changed my name, I left Pinner 11 years ago!

Filth

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Midd'gh match thread. on 17:17 - Sep 2 with 2993 viewsvanrrrr

big thing for us was that it was not a smash and grab a la Burnley last season ..but some really good control , possession and patterns of play

feels like we can continue to build on that ...happy days
Midd'gh match thread. on 17:18 - Sep 2 with 2953 viewsdm97

How good has Smyth been this season. That second goal is everything we’ve needed in wide areas since BOS left, madness that he was let go in favour of the likes of Shodipo
Midd'gh match thread. on 17:18 - Sep 2 with 2933 viewsvanrrrr

Midd'gh match thread. on 17:14 - Sep 2 by terryb

Well done my team. What a night our travelling support have in front of them! Fully deserved celebrations for management, players & fans.

How did Clarke-Salter perform? We will need him to stay injury free for a few weeks, but centre half has stopped being one of our problems.

Thought JCS did very well when he came on...we know he is made of glass but always seems to have a bit of extra time to get his head up and make a good pass out of the back

Will be massive for us if he stays healthy
Midd'gh match thread. on 17:21 - Sep 2 with 2836 viewsVancouverHoop

Midd'gh match thread. on 17:18 - Sep 2 by dm97

How good has Smyth been this season. That second goal is everything we’ve needed in wide areas since BOS left, madness that he was let go in favour of the likes of Shodipo

Yeah. We've had no one who can turn a FB and cut in along the goal line since BOS left. It's brilliant to see.
Midd'gh match thread. on 17:27 - Sep 2 with 2705 viewsnumptydumpty

Midd'gh match thread. on 16:07 - Sep 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Solid? He must have made four or five saves.

You're a hard taskmaster!

That comment "solid" was about first half display Brian not Begovic who actually saved us big time today despite a great performance all round from many.

Anyhow I am double happy , put a free £25 bet on with Ladbroke for QPR after 25 minutes before Dozells goal, as thought QPR had a chance from their start.

So £144 pure profit - haven't bet on a QPR game for years !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Midd'gh match thread. on 17:29 - Sep 2 with 2644 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Midd'gh match thread. on 17:14 - Sep 2 by terryb

"How did Clarke-Salter perform?"

Good half. Got beaten in the air a couple of times but was competing so they didn't hurt us, got a few half-blocks in, positioning sound, calm on the ball and used it well. I thought he helped out Paal who had a job on today with the useful wingers Silvera and Jones swapping back and forth.

My Marks, FWIW:

Begovic 8.5 (unreal, nine saves, and good in the air when needed)
Kakay 6.5 (they targeted him in the first half, knowing Smyth was an outlet for us and we'd push him on, but he did fine)
Cook 7.5 (and that's only in one half!)
Fox 7.0 (fine game)
Smyth 7.5 (dangerous, great to watch but his end product let him down at times)
Field 7.0 (solid as ever)
Colback 8.0 (did he lose the ball at all?)
Paal 6.5 (he'll take that today, tough job)
Dozzell 7.5 (best I've seen him play for us)
Chair 7.5 (superb again, attitude unreal, no sulk on here)
Armstrong 6.0 (nothing went right today but still a great outlet, all part of the learning curve, and never gave up)

JCS 7.0 (as notes above)
Koli 6.5 (worked hard)
Larkeche 7.0 (very impressed, fine clearing header too)
Willock 6.0 (would've been higher except for him and Paal doing that lunatic have-the-ball thing down in the corner)
SDM 6.5 (also worked hard)

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Midd'gh match thread. on 17:31 - Sep 2 with 2590 viewsTrom

that's going to be huge for confidence.

It's all well and good putting in decent performances but there's nothing like 3 points to make players believe and have confidence.

All around an excellent result and plenty of good performances.
Midd'gh match thread. on 17:34 - Sep 2 with 2507 viewsnumptydumpty

Midd'gh match thread. on 17:00 - Sep 2 by qprxtc

Slap my cock in the car door Maureen.

Ok mate. Err.

Unusual celebration but if it works for you !!! 😆

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Midd'gh match thread. on 17:34 - Sep 2 with 2506 viewsmart_Goblin

Really good all round performance. Impressed with the midfield 3 as it is and also the back 3 . Special mention for Ossie. Really has his limitations but I thought he was very good today. MOM was Colback for me with Smyth & Begovic close behind .

Lovely stuff
Midd'gh match thread. on 17:36 - Sep 2 with 2459 viewsdm97

Midd'gh match thread. on 17:21 - Sep 2 by VancouverHoop

Yeah. We've had no one who can turn a FB and cut in along the goal line since BOS left. It's brilliant to see.

With pace too. Really enjoying being a team who can hit others on the counter with speed, for once!
Midd'gh match thread. on 17:38 - Sep 2 with 2403 viewssmudgehoop

What impressed me the most, was that IMHO we really closed out the last 20 minutes and killed the game off. Best performance this season.

Midd'gh match thread. on 17:52 - Sep 2 with 3569 viewsQPROslo

Midd'gh match thread. on 17:29 - Sep 2 by BrianMcCarthy

"How did Clarke-Salter perform?"

Good half. Got beaten in the air a couple of times but was competing so they didn't hurt us, got a few half-blocks in, positioning sound, calm on the ball and used it well. I thought he helped out Paal who had a job on today with the useful wingers Silvera and Jones swapping back and forth.

My Marks, FWIW:

Begovic 8.5 (unreal, nine saves, and good in the air when needed)
Kakay 6.5 (they targeted him in the first half, knowing Smyth was an outlet for us and we'd push him on, but he did fine)
Cook 7.5 (and that's only in one half!)
Fox 7.0 (fine game)
Smyth 7.5 (dangerous, great to watch but his end product let him down at times)
Field 7.0 (solid as ever)
Colback 8.0 (did he lose the ball at all?)
Paal 6.5 (he'll take that today, tough job)
Dozzell 7.5 (best I've seen him play for us)
Chair 7.5 (superb again, attitude unreal, no sulk on here)
Armstrong 6.0 (nothing went right today but still a great outlet, all part of the learning curve, and never gave up)

JCS 7.0 (as notes above)
Koli 6.5 (worked hard)
Larkeche 7.0 (very impressed, fine clearing header too)
Willock 6.0 (would've been higher except for him and Paal doing that lunatic have-the-ball thing down in the corner)
SDM 6.5 (also worked hard)

Colback gave the ball away at least twice dangerously. One outside our area lead to the breakout they nearly scored from but Dozzell made a great saving tackle and Colback got a yellow for trying to foul one of them from behind. Then once near the end in our own penalty area, looked like he lost concentration maybe. But he reads the game very well and gets into the right positions to make tackles/ interceptions. Lovely goal.
Midd'gh match thread. on 17:52 - Sep 2 with 3567 viewsqprd

Will not show up in any stats but chairs work in consistently getting us up the pitch was absolutely vital
Midd'gh match thread. on 18:04 - Sep 2 with 3438 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Midd'gh match thread. on 17:38 - Sep 2 by smudgehoop

What impressed me the most, was that IMHO we really closed out the last 20 minutes and killed the game off. Best performance this season.

Agreed.

Possibly our most comfortable period. I know that Begovic was still called into action a couple of times but considering that we had worries about our bench and our fitness we were relatively controlled in closing it out.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024