Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? 20:43 - Jun 3 with 13561 viewsWatfordR

In Lanzarote, and much to the annoyance of the new Mrs Watford, I’ve found somewhere to watch Clare v Meath tomorrow.

However, a possibility that both last year’s finalists will be done by the end of the weekend. What do we think?

Personally I think Tyrone look a mess and will exit tomorrow. Less certain about Mayo but I wouldn’t be surprised if they bowed out too.

What do other Irish Rs think?
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 12:14 - Jun 27 with 2094 viewsWatfordR

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 11:57 - Jun 27 by Paddyhoops

Within the on the Mayo situation.
Having lived in Co Roscommon twelve miles from Ballaghdereen, a border town which is in geographiaclly
in Roscommon but they play Thier football in the Mayo club Championship(stay with me)
It's a hugely political and contested issue between both counties.
I don't hate Mayo but there is always a part of me that thinks ." Whoops,Mayo f**Ked up again. Oh Well Never mind "
Bit like Chelsea exiting the champions leauge !
Churlish I know but....

Ok, so you got me curious, and I had a quick look in Wiki at Ballaghdereen, which I previously had never heard of.

I see it used to be part of Mayo, have they always played in the Mayo championships?
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 13:42 - Jun 27 with 2033 viewsBrianMcCarthy

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 11:17 - Jun 27 by Myke

Disagree on 2 points Brian (1) You are being a bit selective considering Clifford scored a super GOAL from PLAY - he's the real deal - as is Sean Walsh
(2) Feel sorry for Mayo - never! Rejoice in their annual misery and ineptitude

1) I think they're two fine talents, or 'prospects' to use the American term. No argument whatsoever. Just don't think the're anywhere near tje best two players in the country at the moment.

2) I love Mayo. I have cousins there, but i feel I won't change your mind!!!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 13:45 - Jun 27 with 2023 viewsMrSheen

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 13:42 - Jun 27 by BrianMcCarthy

1) I think they're two fine talents, or 'prospects' to use the American term. No argument whatsoever. Just don't think the're anywhere near tje best two players in the country at the moment.

Brian, did you see the Galway minor hurlers this year? Who's the 14 who played against Tipp? Had the Gaelic commentary so all I heard was "Aran Islands". What a talent, unbelievable skill.
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 13:50 - Jun 27 with 2017 viewsBrianMcCarthy

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 13:45 - Jun 27 by MrSheen

Brian, did you see the Galway minor hurlers this year? Who's the 14 who played against Tipp? Had the Gaelic commentary so all I heard was "Aran Islands". What a talent, unbelievable skill.

Missed the game against Tipp, Sheen, but a friend of mine from Clare has moved to Galway and has been sending us clips of him for a few years now.

Outrageous talent!!! Seems to be consistent as well, and, by all accounts, grounded.

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 13:56 - Jun 27 with 2010 viewsMrSheen

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 13:50 - Jun 27 by BrianMcCarthy

Missed the game against Tipp, Sheen, but a friend of mine from Clare has moved to Galway and has been sending us clips of him for a few years now.

Outrageous talent!!! Seems to be consistent as well, and, by all accounts, grounded.

Name?
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 13:58 - Jun 27 with 2003 viewsBrianMcCarthy

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 13:56 - Jun 27 by MrSheen

Name?

Aaron Niland.

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 14:08 - Jun 27 with 1991 viewsMrSheen

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 13:58 - Jun 27 by BrianMcCarthy

Aaron Niland.

You're kidding, right? I did think the commentators were wetting themselves about a player coming from the Aran Islands, but then thought they'd be callled something different in Irish! Off to find some clips.
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 14:14 - Jun 27 with 1990 viewsMyke

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 12:14 - Jun 27 by WatfordR

Ok, so you got me curious, and I had a quick look in Wiki at Ballaghdereen, which I previously had never heard of.

I see it used to be part of Mayo, have they always played in the Mayo championships?

I work in Ballagh and the townsfolk are very vociferous about supporting Roscommon. Andy Moran remains a sore point (even though he has retired) as someone who should have represented Roscommon, not Mayo. They have played in the Mayo Championship for as long as I can remember, but I'll find out if it's being 'always'. Bit of a rugby hotbed too, which dilutes the GAA availability somewhat.
Login to get fewer ads

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 14:15 - Jun 27 with 1985 viewsBrianMcCarthy

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 14:08 - Jun 27 by MrSheen

You're kidding, right? I did think the commentators were wetting themselves about a player coming from the Aran Islands, but then thought they'd be callled something different in Irish! Off to find some clips.

Ha Ha!
Brilliant!!!

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 14:32 - Jun 27 with 1962 viewsMyke

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 13:42 - Jun 27 by BrianMcCarthy

(1) That's a fair argument, although not all top players end up winning silverware. There was an outstanding hurler (long since retired) called Paul Seevers, one of the best I have seen during the 80's and 90's - unfortunately for him he played for Sligo!
(2) I live in a rural part of South Sligo. In the local village about a mile from my house, you can go in 4 directions - 3 of them bring you into county Mayo within 5 minutes, so no I'm not for turning!
My biggest beef is their arrogance and sense of entitlement, as if they 'deserve' to win Sam. Never was that more in evidence than last year, when they thought they only had to turn up in Croker to beat a 'Covid-weakened' Tyrone. This was the same covid-weakened Tyrone that had outplayed Kerry a couple of weeks earlier in the semi.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2022 14:34]
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 14:44 - Jun 27 with 1944 viewsBrianMcCarthy

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 14:32 - Jun 27 by Myke

(1) That's a fair argument, although not all top players end up winning silverware. There was an outstanding hurler (long since retired) called Paul Seevers, one of the best I have seen during the 80's and 90's - unfortunately for him he played for Sligo!
(2) I live in a rural part of South Sligo. In the local village about a mile from my house, you can go in 4 directions - 3 of them bring you into county Mayo within 5 minutes, so no I'm not for turning!
My biggest beef is their arrogance and sense of entitlement, as if they 'deserve' to win Sam. Never was that more in evidence than last year, when they thought they only had to turn up in Croker to beat a 'Covid-weakened' Tyrone. This was the same covid-weakened Tyrone that had outplayed Kerry a couple of weeks earlier in the semi.

You have it tough!

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 15:19 - Jun 27 with 1925 viewsWatfordR

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 14:14 - Jun 27 by Myke

I work in Ballagh and the townsfolk are very vociferous about supporting Roscommon. Andy Moran remains a sore point (even though he has retired) as someone who should have represented Roscommon, not Mayo. They have played in the Mayo Championship for as long as I can remember, but I'll find out if it's being 'always'. Bit of a rugby hotbed too, which dilutes the GAA availability somewhat.

Cheers Myke. Does Ballagh GAA not have a say in whether they should play club football in Mayo or Roscommon championships? Seems an odd situation.
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 17:13 - Jun 27 with 1884 viewsPaddyhoops

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 14:14 - Jun 27 by Myke

Ballaghdereen was back in 1895, part of Mayo but became part of Roscommon in 1895.
It however remained in the Mayo GAA championships ever since.
Famous Native Andy Moran received the GAA player of the year award a few years ago .
I remarked that it was great to see a Roscommon player get player of the year .
It didn't go down well with the Mayo folk I know..
Bit of harmless fun😊.
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 20:50 - Jul 3 with 1773 viewsMyke

In Croker today cracking match. Electric atmosphere. Sadly too many wides from Galway, but think Kilkenny will take Limerick
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 23:44 - Jul 3 with 1711 viewsBoston

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 14:32 - Jun 27 by Myke

Would you like Curry?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 11:16 - Jul 4 with 1628 viewsMyke

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 23:44 - Jul 3 by Boston

Would you like Curry?

You know your geography! Neighbouring parish. My son playing against them Wednesday evening, hope they won't be too hot to handle!
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 14:22 - Jul 4 with 1577 viewsBoston

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 11:16 - Jul 4 by Myke

You know your geography! Neighbouring parish. My son playing against them Wednesday evening, hope they won't be too hot to handle!

Curry gives Sligo the runs.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 18:30 - Jul 10 with 1502 viewsWatfordR

So apart from my Dublin-Derry All Ireland Final and Cavan for the Tailteann Cup, all my predictions are looking pretty good
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 18:58 - Jul 10 with 1464 viewsMyke

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 18:30 - Jul 10 by WatfordR

So apart from my Dublin-Derry All Ireland Final and Cavan for the Tailteann Cup, all my predictions are looking pretty good

To bring your thread full circle I'm currently in Lanzarote (bloody windy) so didn't get to see either game today. But sound like two cracking matches. Was hoping Cavan would win Tailteann ( after beating us in s/f) but won't lose ant sleep over Dublin's last gasp defeat
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 19:01 - Jul 10 with 1459 viewsWatfordR

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 18:58 - Jul 10 by Myke

To bring your thread full circle I'm currently in Lanzarote (bloody windy) so didn't get to see either game today. But sound like two cracking matches. Was hoping Cavan would win Tailteann ( after beating us in s/f) but won't lose ant sleep over Dublin's last gasp defeat

Ha! Whereabouts are you mate?
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 12:00 - Jul 12 with 1380 viewsMyke

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 19:01 - Jul 10 by WatfordR

Ha! Whereabouts are you mate?

Playa da blanca ( think) wife does the booking I turn up
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 12:58 - Jul 12 with 1327 viewsMrSheen

So, Forces of Darkness vs The Evil Empire on Sunday. Can't wait. Nice and hot for it too, Cody might explode.

Rounding up the minors, I was thrilled to see Tipp win again despite the other team having the greater talent. Adam Screeney is a sensational player, what an occasion. Hopefully Offaly's revival is carried through to higher age levels, great to see more competition in Leinster.
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 13:32 - Jul 12 with 1294 viewsCLAREMAN1995

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 12:58 - Jul 12 by MrSheen

So, Forces of Darkness vs The Evil Empire on Sunday. Can't wait. Nice and hot for it too, Cody might explode.

Rounding up the minors, I was thrilled to see Tipp win again despite the other team having the greater talent. Adam Screeney is a sensational player, what an occasion. Hopefully Offaly's revival is carried through to higher age levels, great to see more competition in Leinster.

I think most of Ireland and fans overseas want to see kilkenny end that reign of Limerick but they will have to shoot as well as their demilition of Clare and grab 3 goals IMO.
Galway will have the support of the GAA world i suspect being such an underdog.
Offaly got that title stolen away by pathetic refereeing MrSheen even non hurling experts know the offaly defender was fouled on his way out before the Tipp free that was finished into the net .Gutless by a ref standing 5 yards away
GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 14:16 - Jul 12 with 1279 viewsBrianMcCarthy

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 12:58 - Jul 12 by MrSheen

I'm not looking forward to it at all. If the day is as good as is promised I'll be hiking up some mountain somewhere.

Kilkenny, and now Limerick, have ruined hurling with the GAA going along meekly.
Their 'hurling' is systematic fouling of the ball and the man, and referees are applauded for "letting the game flow". I find the blanket defence, swarm tackling, systematic violence, rugby mauls horrific to watch.

Throw in the long-range shooting thanks to the new lightweight sliotar and the resultant drop in team moves and team scores and the game is a pale shadow of its former glory.

Humbug!

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 14:53 - Jul 12 with 1252 viewsMyke

GAA - Tyrone and Mayo season over tomorrow? on 14:16 - Jul 12 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm not looking forward to it at all. If the day is as good as is promised I'll be hiking up some mountain somewhere.

Kilkenny, and now Limerick, have ruined hurling with the GAA going along meekly.
Their 'hurling' is systematic fouling of the ball and the man, and referees are applauded for "letting the game flow". I find the blanket defence, swarm tackling, systematic violence, rugby mauls horrific to watch.

Throw in the long-range shooting thanks to the new lightweight sliotar and the resultant drop in team moves and team scores and the game is a pale shadow of its former glory.

Humbug!

Agreed about the light weight sliotar but can't agree with your assessment of the game in general and Limerick/Galway semi final in particular. It was a cracking match, yes the ref let a lot go but for me that's a good thing. It's a physical gam., One of my biggest laments about modern football is that it has virtually become a non-contact sport
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024