Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why has it all gone wrong? 21:44 - Apr 5 with 10635 viewsconnell10

I know we have had injuries etc but our dip in form has been spectacular! I'm at a lose and totally gutted! Just wrote Bollocks in my diary!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Why has it all gone wrong? on 10:48 - Apr 7 with 1043 viewsrobith

My personal take - getting close to 2nd with 3 "easy" games on the horizon got in the players' heads a bit.

Results aren't great from those games, the points comfort blanket starts to evaporate. Players start panicing. Playing within themselves. We lose a couple more. You can see the self doubt creeping in. Whereas earlier in the season we'd get something from 2 down, suddenly everyone doesn't know where the next goal is coming from. Every keeper gets injured. Willock out. World suddenly looks like it's against you.

The players who raised you up last year (Austin and Johansen) aren't phycially on the level for whatever reason. You're looking around for someone to look you back in the eyes and tell you to raise the game, but everyone else is having the same slump. Crowd gets grumpy, you know one good pass gets them back on side but you're fearing the groan of a misplaced pass. Then you're chasing, games, points. Mental switch is very hard to turn on from being the hunter to the hunted. Suddenly you're twelth.

tl;dr - I doubt all the conspiracy is true, and simply a rocky patch of form snowballed into a crisis
Why has it all gone wrong? on 11:01 - Apr 7 with 990 viewsDannytheR

It's funny, I re-read Only A Game for the umpteenth time recently. Couldn't help being reminded of us - particularly the slumped shoulders and general air of doom on the pitch - when Dunphy writes about what it feels like for the players in the middle of a downward spiral of form and results.
Why has it all gone wrong? on 11:22 - Apr 7 with 925 viewsdaveB

Why has it all gone wrong? on 10:48 - Apr 7 by robith

My personal take - getting close to 2nd with 3 "easy" games on the horizon got in the players' heads a bit.

Results aren't great from those games, the points comfort blanket starts to evaporate. Players start panicing. Playing within themselves. We lose a couple more. You can see the self doubt creeping in. Whereas earlier in the season we'd get something from 2 down, suddenly everyone doesn't know where the next goal is coming from. Every keeper gets injured. Willock out. World suddenly looks like it's against you.

The players who raised you up last year (Austin and Johansen) aren't phycially on the level for whatever reason. You're looking around for someone to look you back in the eyes and tell you to raise the game, but everyone else is having the same slump. Crowd gets grumpy, you know one good pass gets them back on side but you're fearing the groan of a misplaced pass. Then you're chasing, games, points. Mental switch is very hard to turn on from being the hunter to the hunted. Suddenly you're twelth.

tl;dr - I doubt all the conspiracy is true, and simply a rocky patch of form snowballed into a crisis

I think that Middlesbrough game had an affect, team looked absolutely shell shocked in that one as they were played off the park. Boro looked a team on the up and we looked like it was a step too far for us even though we drew. Poor run started after that and once you lose a few it's hard to get out of those kind of runs.
Why has it all gone wrong? on 11:42 - Apr 7 with 890 viewsBAWHoops

Why has it all gone wrong? on 11:22 - Apr 7 by daveB

I think that Middlesbrough game had an affect, team looked absolutely shell shocked in that one as they were played off the park. Boro looked a team on the up and we looked like it was a step too far for us even though we drew. Poor run started after that and once you lose a few it's hard to get out of those kind of runs.

Inclined to agree with that.
Boro were coming in hot and were everything we were not. We got a point but LR was like a morgue that night and Warbs even said the players in the dressing room were gutted.
It's certainly the game I'd pinpoint as one where the scales fell from the eyes and the club collectively shat itself and started to doubt themselves

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Why has it all gone wrong? on 19:53 - May 9 with 627 viewsdigswellhoop

because we are QPR
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024