Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid-19 in the Camp! 13:16 - Aug 20 with 6263 viewsjackharris

A couple of players will be absent tonight, including Cabango. It has been reported unofficially.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 01:17 - Aug 21 with 597 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Covid-19 in the Camp! on 00:53 - Aug 21 by jasper_T

Viruses mutate over time whether we make vaccines or not, same as the common cold and flu does every year. It's not like the virus is intelligently analysing our specific vaccines and working out how to beat them, becoming stronger as a result - having a vaccinated population means you deny all the strains that can't overcome the vaccines the ability to spread easily, so strains that can overcome them will run more rampant by comparison.

We'll see fewer strains and mutations by denying as many strains as possible and keeping the number of infected people as small as we can, not by holding off on vaccinating people. I don't think anyone will be surprised if annual "boosters" for vulnerable people become the norm just like with the flu. The content of the flu shots differs every year based on what boffins decide will be the most common strains going around.

Interesting that post-match Martin says we lost Naughton and Bennett to covid when previously the story had been knocks and injuries.

“ It's not like the virus is intelligently analysing our specific vaccines and working out how to beat them”

Apparently this one will - just like the different strains of flu have to use different immunization.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024