Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well... 22:15 - Dec 29 with 9284 viewsNorthernr

As we've had a deluge of threads smashing the place up after recent games can we have one that says...

- good result. We all would have taken that.
- Disgraceful penalty decision, brought about by them screaming blue murder for everything and Cantwell hitting the deck more than any player I've seen since Jack Wilshere was cognicent
- Would, should, have won but for a late sitter

- absolutely not a team that has downed tools and isn't playing for the manager. Dickie and Dieng excellent. Barbet actually quite good defensively second half.
Well... on 16:32 - Dec 30 with 1301 viewsLongsufferingR

I know we all hear the regular cliches from MW after each game, but the one that stands out to me as being 100% true is "fine margins". Was last night's performance really any different from eg Reading, Stoke, Millwall etc? How many one sided games have we been involved in so far?

Last night the moments of fortune sort of evened themselves out, but in other games recently we have mostly been on the shtty end of the stick during the latest run of games, eg the deflection at Millwall for their goal.

I don't see last night as any reason for the sackers or the stayers to change their minds, but both need to see the bigger picture. My god there really are fine margins in this league between 1 point from 10 games or 10 points from 10 games.
Well... on 16:45 - Dec 30 with 1256 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Well... on 16:32 - Dec 30 by LongsufferingR

I know we all hear the regular cliches from MW after each game, but the one that stands out to me as being 100% true is "fine margins". Was last night's performance really any different from eg Reading, Stoke, Millwall etc? How many one sided games have we been involved in so far?

Last night the moments of fortune sort of evened themselves out, but in other games recently we have mostly been on the shtty end of the stick during the latest run of games, eg the deflection at Millwall for their goal.

I don't see last night as any reason for the sackers or the stayers to change their minds, but both need to see the bigger picture. My god there really are fine margins in this league between 1 point from 10 games or 10 points from 10 games.

Great thread btw but lost in the euphoria of the point and that shocking miss at the end is the happy fact we did not crumble after their pathetic penalty .I watch almost every match thread and once we fall behind its almost inevitable that game is gone .Its almost a given this year that we cant seem to find the belief or desire to claw it back but last night might be a huge turning point .
Well... on 16:51 - Dec 30 with 1230 viewskropotkin41

Really interesting result if only for the effort levels. As you say clearly not a team that has downed tools.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Well... on 16:51 - Dec 30 with 1229 viewsLongsufferingR

Well... on 16:45 - Dec 30 by CLAREMAN1995

Great thread btw but lost in the euphoria of the point and that shocking miss at the end is the happy fact we did not crumble after their pathetic penalty .I watch almost every match thread and once we fall behind its almost inevitable that game is gone .Its almost a given this year that we cant seem to find the belief or desire to claw it back but last night might be a huge turning point .

There have been capitulations as you describe (Barnsley the most depressing) but there have also been clear examples of the opposite (Sheff Wed, Cardiff after being pulled back to 2-2). Fine margins!!
Well... on 17:01 - Dec 30 with 1186 viewsHarbour

Good performance and well won point. As others have said MW needs some new faces in January with this squad in its current state we are in grave danger of going down but a bit of strengthening in key areas and we should be ok .....hopefully
Well... on 17:03 - Dec 30 with 1173 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Well... on 16:32 - Dec 30 by LongsufferingR

Exactly.

and league position is not necessarily any guide to whether we will find a team difficult opponents or not. I thought we played to our normal level against Norwich, which has been missing only against Huddersfield and Wycombe.

[Post edited 31 Dec 2020 13:35]
Well... on 17:19 - Dec 30 with 1115 viewsSuperhoops2808

Well... on 16:31 - Dec 30 by actonman

For the record and while trying to remain positive and not bringing the house down after a decent result.

I still think Warbs will hang himself
Obviously the board are not going to act before the next few games as if they had anything in the fire then last nights result would have made no difference

One swallow and all that , happy with a point but fine margins and it could of gone either way in the end

In the match thread last night you posted this:

Come on rangers, we are capable of beating anyone with the right head on ! There is nothing and no one to fear in this league other than our selfs so show a bit bllox and turn this thing round

And at that point I thought thats exactly it!! MW may well hang himself but while ever he is at the helm we should back him and the team and whatever starting XI he picks no matter our thoughts.
And maybe, just maybe, last night was 'turning this thing round'
Well... on 06:10 - Dec 31 with 820 viewsnumptydumpty

It was a good performance

Its QPR

I have seen us win 4-1 at man united

And then gone down to southampton in fa cup next game and get beaten easily 2-0

We have been pretty dire for a long period - and tbh I was expecting this result - its what QPR have always seemed to do - I therefore refuse to get excited about this

We often are crap for long long periods and then suddenly we somehow dredge a performance out of nowhere

We are all fans and we all want us to win - I personally like everyone else been p*****d off with paying ten pounds to be an angry hormonal middle aged man when lockdown has done that to me for the past nine months

I think the emotions are more pronounced with the football because we are not there

Obviously delighted with the performance and result - perhaps though if any of our previous goalies been between the sticks we may well have been dead and buried earlier but it was encouraging

But its got to happen for a few games in a row for the doom to lift - hopefully the result can do this - like many I was encouraged early on but contradictory performances give contradictory reactions

We all football fans so we have no brains - mine has gone missing in action this year

I been needing rangers to fill the void and its not been happening

One thing I really would like though is can someone give MW an icebreaker before he conducts his post match interviews - its all part of the job - and if he could go to the Holloway school of after match funnies - he would give us something to laugh about

If Bill Bailey could come in and give dancing lessons as well I think we should offer him a trial contract

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Login to get fewer ads

Well... on 06:46 - Dec 31 with 796 viewsdistortR

Well... on 10:41 - Dec 30 by TheChef

Dykes is a conundrum, albeit I think easy to solve as he needs good service from the wings which as you mention we don't currently have.

So playing three at the back gives a little more solidity but then adds to the issues with poor wing backs (and to be honest there aren't many players who play that role well). Hama is still learning his trade so that doesn't help him much; Kane however is 27 years old with over 100 first team appearances and for me is much better going forward then defending so really he should be delivering more. Would be nice if we still had Manning, but that ship has sailed.

I think the current formation is an attempt at a short term fix to try and get some results, once we've steadied the ship then we might revert to a back four; and by that time maybe have a a couple of January signings to improve things too.

'Dykes is a conundrum' - is that the correct terminology for someone of mixed Scottish and Australian ancestry?
Well... on 11:34 - Dec 31 with 627 viewsstevenagehoop

Unfortunately this team consistently gives away silly goals and finds scoring on a regular basis impossible - if you don’t score then one mistake is enough to lose you the game and on a regular basis gets you relegated - one good result is then quickly followed by a lack lustre performance which draws the criticism and so far the lack lustre performances far outweigh the good ones. Add to that that the other teams around us seem to be improving and there may not be three other teams to save us.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024